AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tip to private

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2011
I understand the concept. The model wants to ensure that the member is wiling to stay, but also to ensure she makes a certain amount for the private, period, even if he leaves.

I've seen it where I think it's reasonable, say up to 300 tokens (5 minutes normal private). It shows a level of dedication to the private time by the member, and doesn't necessarily lower the private time by a huge deal for members used to doing longer privates. It does deter the 1 minute people, though.

But I've also been seeing some that are a bit over the top or a bit outrageous. When it starts getting to the 500 mark, I think it gets a little over the top, it lowers the private time by over 8 minutes for regular privates. But I've also seen 1000+ before the private, and I think that's where it gets outrageous. That's over 16 minutes from the potential normal private time gone.

So, what do you think is reasonable for yourselves, members or models, if there's a required tip before privates? As I siad, depending on the model, I could see myself being willing to tip up to 300 before a private; but I don't think I'd be willing to lose much more than 5 minutes from the time.

For me I generally tend to try to only take privates if it's slow or I know the guy, and I know he'll stay long enough to make it worth killing my room count. Normally, I try to convince new guys to go group to see how it goes. I fthey drop out quickly in group, they probably aren't worth it in private. I would never have a guy tip first though, that seems like a scam getting less for his money. I mean you may as well just do tokens for Skype then.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
I'm guessing when it's a thousand tokens to even start the private, the model is somebody who rarely does them. Hence the premium pricepoint. It says that privates are reserved for those willing to go the extra mile. And in return, that member gets a private show and becomes part of the (relatively) exclusive group of people who have had the chance to take this model private.

I can see that pricepoint putting a lot of people off (myself included) but then those people aren't this model's target audience. She's targeting members who are willing to pay a premium for an experience that most people can't afford :twocents-02cents:

UncleThursday said:
I understand the concept. The model wants to ensure that the member is wiling to stay, but also to ensure she makes a certain amount for the private, period, even if he leaves.

I've seen it where I think it's reasonable, say up to 300 tokens (5 minutes normal private). It shows a level of dedication to the private time by the member, and doesn't necessarily lower the private time by a huge deal for members used to doing longer privates. It does deter the 1 minute people, though.

But I've also been seeing some that are a bit over the top or a bit outrageous. When it starts getting to the 500 mark, I think it gets a little over the top, it lowers the private time by over 8 minutes for regular privates. But I've also seen 1000+ before the private, and I think that's where it gets outrageous. That's over 16 minutes from the potential normal private time gone.

So, what do you think is reasonable for yourselves, members or models, if there's a required tip before privates? As I said, depending on the model, I could see myself being willing to tip up to 300 before a private; but I don't think I'd be willing to lose much more than 5 minutes from the time.

EVERY time a new guy in my room (who's never tipped me) buzzes me for private, I end up regretting it because they don't even stay a full minute. And I feel like a damn fool for allowing it.

This happened somewhat recently. A guy wanted to do a bubble gum blowing private show, and I had even bought the damn bubble gum from Dollar Tree just to do it (he had been talking about it the day before, and I happened to be at the store since then). So when he returned to my room, he buzzed me for private. I accepted it, and 30 tokens into the private show he ENDED it. :woops: He never messaged me back with an explanation, so I blocked him.

So from now on, no more private shows with new guys, unless they're willing to tip me 100 tokens beforehand (and then I'll add them so we can PM). Sure, some guys refuse to tip for PM/friends feature, and some guys refuse to tip before private, which is fine. I just won't be jumping into a private show with them, that's all...lol.

As an addendum to what Bob said, some extremely popular models may get requests for privates so often that they must set a very high entry point until they aren't swamped with private requests.

On Streamate, my private show prices are extremely high - not so the member has to 'prove' himself by paying those rates, but simply to dissuade people from choosing that option. Otherwise, I would be inundated with private show requests and I would never be able to work.

Like you said, the 200-300 tip to go private doesn't really bother me with models who I'm new to as my routine is usually to tip 100-200 to sort of introduce myself/let the model know that I'm interested before requesting a private regardless. Now if we both enjoyed that private and I wanted to make it a regular thing with her and she was still charging me an entry fee after that first time, I might be turned off.

Reactions: UncleThursday
UncleThursday said:
and doesn't necessarily lower the private time by a huge deal for members used to doing longer privates

This part confused me... what does an extra tip for private have to do with lowering the time?

After lots of research and one night of camming, this still confuses me. I do understand why to ask for the extra amount, so people don't just leave immediately. Is the private time set to default 5 minutes or something? I guess since going private kills your room count, you want to make sure the member stays for long enough to make your time worth it. But it seems like you'll usually make more from privates and spies than just tips in public, right?

I was also wondering a similar thing regarding to group chat... if members go to group with you, should you still be expecting tips when you're in there? As someone who doesn't get nude or cum in public, when I'm doing a group or private, I don't want to sell myself short.

forest_gospel said:
UncleThursday said:
and doesn't necessarily lower the private time by a huge deal for members used to doing longer privates

This part confused me... what does an extra tip for private have to do with lowering the time?

After lots of research and one night of camming, this still confuses me. I do understand why to ask for the extra amount, so people don't just leave immediately. Is the private time set to default 5 minutes or something? I guess since going private kills your room count, you want to make sure the member stays for long enough to make your time worth it. But it seems like you'll usually make more from privates and spies than just tips in public, right?

I was also wondering a similar thing regarding to group chat... if members go to group with you, should you still be expecting tips when you're in there? As someone who doesn't get nude or cum in public, when I'm doing a group or private, I don't want to sell myself short.
If people tip beforehand, they have less tokens to spend in private. That means they would not be able to afford a longer show. There is no minimum time.

It is considered polite to tip during group chat but not mandatory.

forest_gospel said:
UncleThursday said:

There's no set time for privates or timers or anything like that. I think UncleThursday's alluding to a hypothetical where a member has say, 500 tokens, and takes a model private with that. If there's no upfront fee, the member will get 500 token's worth of private time (which is like, what, 5 minutes?). So if that member has to tip 200 tokens before the private starts, they'll only end up with 300 token's worth of private time (so say 3 minutes) even though they're tipping the same amount.

EDIT: Or, what Evvie said...

This makes sense for girls like.... hmmm.... AmberCutie! Amber is a high camscore model who does not do private shows. If Amber ever decided to do a few private shows I bet she wouldn't do them for every dick, jack and harry! It would be something that only a few select members would be able to enjoy, and to choose those few select members, she could ask them to tip something like 1000/2000k tokens, because lets face it, people would pay that to get some alone time with her! (hypothetical example btw)
It would make sense for girls with a camscore really of 10k+ who make more in their room just hanging out, than they would in a private show for 60 tokens a minute. For me it's the same when people don't get why I don't do group, because my average is like 3 people. I already make about 30 tokens a minute when I'm hanging out/chilling/dancing and then masturbating at the end, why would I masturbate constantly for the same amount/slightly more tokens than I already get?

This also would make sense for girls who don't really want to be alone with anyone who isn't paying them. Have you ever thought that maybe a girl doesn't want to be alone with a cheapskate? One of the reasons I don't like doing raffles. Because even if I make more from a skype than a raffle, I don't like the idea of someone who tipped 50 tokens getting an hours worth of skype time with me. It's not always about the money, sometimes it's principle. Sometimes models don't want to be taken private, but they have a price that they feel cool with/that they don't feel they can refuse.

Sometimes I would consider asking people to tip 50 tokens before taking me private, but I also ask them to talk to me about privates first and not just request them, and they don't do that. The result is, although I love doing privates, I rarely do them anymore.
forest_gospel said:
But it seems like you'll usually make more from privates and spies than just tips in public, right?

Absolutely not always the case. Like I said, if your camscore is above 10k chances are you're making more on average doing whatever you're doing than in privates. Even if some of those models do privates, unless they're in there the whole time, chances are they're making most of their money off tips.

Advantages with privates:
-Good pay. 60 tokies a min is awesome, especially if you're struggling to finish countdowns and you get a longish -private.
-It's often easier to get someone to spend 500-900 tokens on you in a private than in public.
-if you enjoy them they're great fun!

disadvantages with privates:
- chances are you won't get them constantly
- often they are short and not so much fun
- they kill your room count, I have had many nights where I've had a high room count, have taken a private, he's stayed in it for like 40 tokens, I come back to the room and it's empty, and nothing I can do will get the room back to how it was.
- Taking privates can deter tippers. Why would most tip you 500 tokens in the room for a countdown, when you're about to bugger off in a private for 10 minutes for someone else's 500 tokens? (not saying don't take that 500 token private, but keep it in mind that if people are tipping for a countdown and it's going well, you should probably wait until that's finished or have explained beforehand that's what you might be doing)

Privates are often good if people don't quite have trust in you yet, but you do need the public room so that people can start to get to know you, you can build a community and so you build room numbers doing sexy stuff in the public room.

I don't think anything is too outrageous, because it just means it's something they don't like doing often and want to make it exclusive.
Some girl didn't like doing anal so she requested, and received, 20,000tkns for it. Others do anal for 10tkns.
It all just depends on what you enjoy doing and how much you want to sell that act for.

The only time I'll ever do privates is on MyGirlFund, where that's the only kind of camming you can do - and it's worth it.
I have a lot more fun in public chat, even if I don't make that much.

PlayboyMegan said:
I don't think anything is too outrageous, because it just means it's something they don't like doing often and want to make it exclusive.
Some girl didn't like doing anal so she requested, and received, 20,000tkns for it. Others do anal for 10tkns.
It all just depends on what you enjoy doing and how much you want to sell that act for.
This.

I know to some members, seeing a high price on something is a complete turn off and makes them say WTF? but ultimately if there is a premium price on something it shows that it's special and isn't offered to every person that walks through the door (so to speak.)

If I was ever to do any private shows again, they would likely have a premium on them up front. It would rule out anyone who isn't super-stoked to be doing the show with me, because who would fork out an extra 500-1500 tokens if they weren't super-stoked? And the same already goes for my special group shows that involve anal, PoV, butt plugs, sybian, etc. Because they are a rare and exciting event and should be treated as such.

:twocents-02cents:

I know some models who do this, more than anything it's like a deposit. She's not necessarily saying her time is worth 60 tokens per minute, but at least if there's a pre-private tip amount it ensures the guy really does want to private, probably for a while, instead of having 3 guys try to go private at once and then she's forced to figure out which one is going to stay longer than a minute.

If MFC started being progressive and trying to introduce new features they might even give the option to only allow members with a certain amount of tokens to click private, or charge them the first couple of minutes in advance when the private starts, depending on the model's settings. For some reason though, they'll add tags, lounges, member rooms, etc...but they won't implement new options for group and privates, automatic countdowns, etc.

I've never tipped extra for the privilege to take a model private, and up until now I didn't really see the point. I keep learning new things here all the time.
It would be nice to see MFC implement a feature allowing models to set a minimum amount for private shows. Too often I've seen models I know accept a private and come back to their room, frustrated, a minute or so later.

Amber and Megan really hit it on the head! I find privates very personal and demanding, and stressful (performing for someone else rather than just doing my own thang) so I stopped doing them as soon as I could. Sorry if it sounds crass, but if its something I don't want to do, I'm going to need to be convinced. Privates are a lot more "work" in the sense that rather than just hanging out and enjoying myself with my regulars, I have to worry about his needs and he gets me all to myself. Popular girls don't have as much time to spend on individual people, so the less time they have, the more expensive it is.

If I forget to disable the private option I get SWAMPED with them as soon as my room begins filling up. And if I have 15 1-minute-men you can bet I wont be making my minimum goal.

If I were to ever start doing privates again I would either require:

~~ A high tip before hand, and a long private. To make it "worth it" (ie, to make the same amount as I would in public chat in such a way that I wouldnt need to worry about building my room up after). I have big goals, and if I would have to sacrifice them or make work longer hours so a member can get a personalized, private performance from me, he needs to be willing to compensate for that.

~~ a sort of "club" where members could tip every month and those members would be allowed to go private with me provided I wasn't otherwise occupied.

Its economics.

Apple don't make their iXXXXX's for the amount they sell them for - they make it significantly cheaper and make massive profits. You could almost (bit of a stretch) say the cost of manufacture per unit is the same for any manufacturer.

People pay said prices because to them it is worth it. I don't buy Apple because I don't think it's worth it.

They could sell far more units by charging less. But supply vs demand. If they made it cheaper, they probably couldn't quite keep up with demand and start having issues (especially if you consider things a finite resource - like time :p). If they charge much more, they probably wouldn't sell as much and their profits take a hit... so they price it just right (enough to retain it's special status and allure, but not too much to make it inaccessible to those they want to access it).

People pay what it is worth to them. To get a top model may cost you 1000 tokens + length of pvt in minutes * 60. If you choose to pay it, it's good value to you for what you receive.

At the end of the day, it is all about charging what people are willing to pay for and what it is worth to you. Apple could charge less and leave people with more money to spend upon their groceries and living their lives... but they don't have to - so they don't.

Jessi said:
Amber and Megan really hit it on the head! I find privates very personal and demanding, and stressful (performing for someone else rather than just doing my own thang) so I stopped doing them as soon as I could. Sorry if it sounds crass, but if its something I don't want to do, I'm going to need to be convinced.
Funny thing is, I feel the exact same way about privates, as a perv lol.

It's also the same as designer clothes.

I can buy a pair of jeans for a fiver, I can buy them for a tenner, I could pay £100, £200, I could then move onto designer labels when maybe they'd be £500-£1000 for a pair of jeans! They're all jeans, sometimes the designers jeans aren't even any better quality than a pair of £50 jeans, what you're paying for is the label, the exclusivity.

Yes, £500 for a pair of jeans seems ridiculous to some, but to some it's just the right price. You shouldn't walk into a designer boutique acting like it's bargain basement and expecting everything to be those prices and acting like it's ridiculous they're not. The person in this situation who is being ridiculous isn't the store owner who sets the prices, it's the idiot who walked into the wrong shop expecting the wrong thing and who was rude about it.

I remember on mygirlfund when people asked me how much a private was, I gave them the amount it costs on mfc, they laughed me off the stage, acted like I was ridiculous! It's the same with guys who want skypes, I get plenty of privates when I offer them, yet guys seem to think skypes will somehow be super cheap, 80 tokens a minute? Oh my god!! Well, I have people who are willing to pay for those when I want to do a private show. You could say to a girl "but you'd sell loads more if you made them cheaper" not really thinking, that maybe the girl doesn't want to sell more.

Something else to consider is that models are human. We can only masturbate/cum so much before we get sore and/or tired. Toys DO NOT feel the same as a real cock. Before I started using glass dildos and when I was accepting privates all the time there were nights I would log off on the verge of tears from the amount of pain I was in.

So, while I don't charge a certain amount of tokens before accepting a private, I do require that a member on MFC spend at least 5 minutes (300 tokens) in private with me so that I'm doing less privates. I don't have any requirements for privates on Streamate but I don't do many privates there anyway and when I do they happen to be long (15+ minutes).

The physical limitations are the very reason I focus more on doing GOLD shows than privates on Streamate. It would take me 25-30 minutes in private to make the same amount as I do in a 10-minute GOLD show, on average. I think that's an obvious decision. :)

If a model does not want to do privates at ALL and requires a tip before a private, it makes perfect sense to me. The deal has been sweetened, now private seems worth it. Plus, you know you're going with someone who isn't going to end in 1 minute.

I generally refuse privates, but if a guy makes it a 15 minute block show, I'm much more likely to accept. There's the guarantee in there. If a guy has bought me something from my wishlist or tipped big before, I am more willing to accept their private. Otherwise, they can join my gold show and get the same experience others do at a fraction of the cost.

Now, if I was refusing privates for the night and someone was desperate for a private, I might tell him to tip a certain amount so we could go or I'd just continue on my way. I don't think some people realize that it's okay for us to refuse the money people throw at us. Just because someone wants to spend on a private with me doesn't mean I am guaranteed to want to go private.

I guess its just old fasion supply and demand. If a model has enough intrest in her that she can require a pre private tip, of whatever amount she wants. Then hooray for her. She should get as much as she can. I myself have only done about half a dozen privates over the past year or so and all with models that I have known for a while and have tipped often for other things. So I wouldnt pay it, if asked. I also don't know any models that do require it.

I think it's smart for everyone across the board.
I do quite a bit of privates but I won't accept one from someone who hasn't done one before,or tipped at some stage and discussed it beforehand.

The tip is basically to PM about it for 1 minute or two, as like a courtesy to show you're not going to jet after a minute, and also provides you MORE private time to get what you want out of it. If you tell me nothing before hand and then need to have a 2 minute conversation about it at the start of the private because I'm not doing what you hoped, and you are worried about tokens, this could ruin a bit of it for you. Some people like the private chit chatting. But everyone's different.
Could be something as simple as I like lot's of teasing so don't get naked right away, I'm a boob man, I like to watch from behind alot etc.

But I'm not going to know that ahead of time, and I'm not going to trust you to discuss it much without a bit of something first. Could only be 5 or 10 tokens it's just the gesture to add a bit of trust. I treat it the same as "stand please" I don't care if you send me 5 or 100 tokens for it, but kick me something to know your not just ya know.. being a pest.

I'll also have to be very vague unless I know the person is legit. There are plenty of people who will play the.. "hey what do you do in private?" game to get a free wank off of you describing it in detail. No thanks.
If someone doesn't tip all I'm saying is "normal stuff" until they prove themselves "private worthy"

Most of the points I had have already been commented about and they are all good points.

I have rarely seen the high token amounts, 1000+, asked for before a private until the last few weeks. In each case there was a some kind of show going on and the room counts were extremely high. It makes sense to me to discourage privates rather than outright refusing them unless someone is making it worth their while. They would more than likely make more tokens by staying in public even if someone took them private for an hour. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Nordling
Just Me said:
Most of the points I had have already been commented about and they are all good points.

I have rarely seen the high token amounts, 1000+, asked for before a private until the last few weeks. In each case there was a some kind of show going on and the room counts were extremely high. It makes sense to me to discourage privates rather than outright refusing them unless someone is making it worth their while. They would more than likely make more tokens by staying in public even if someone took them private for an hour. :twocents-02cents:
Yeah, the very high camscore girls make more than 1 hour of (even trueprivate) private time tokens normally just in public chat in that hour. Unless the person is sweetening the deal with an additional tip, or she has a large handful of spies for the regular private, it doesn't make financial sense to disappear into a private.

A lot of good points made, so far.

I could definitely see the tip beforehand being something some models might want to prevent the infamous drive by 1 minute or less privates from hitting them; and then maybe not charging said fee for members who are regular tippers and/or who have done decently long privates before.

As to Forest_Gospel, no there isn't a set time limit on privates (see the drive by 1 minute or less remark), and Evvie and Bob explained it succinctly. I would think most members who like privates, if they're anything like me, budget out a set amount of money for a private we might want with a model. My general rule is at least 900 tokens (15 minutes of regular private), though lately I have been going well above that with certain models. So, if the model in question had never been private with me before, and wanted 300 tokens up front, my time is now down to 10 minutes. So, my choices are decide to not do the private if I still wanted more than 10 minutes, or buy more tokens to compensate. Either choice is valid; but depending on my own financials for that pay period, the buying of more tokens may or may not be feasible.

Also, Isabella put it nicely as to the pros and cons of privates; which is why it's nice to talk to the model beforehand about it. Some high camscore models don't really have to worry about the room count dropping off, though. Well, at least not the people she wants to remain in the room, anyway. They'll probably stay. But, truthfully, most of the room count that gets lost is going to be guests and basics anyway, always just looking for the next show they can freeload off of.

But, I also find you need to be flexible as a member when it comes to private budgets. Some models do not like spies (despite the potential extra income), and will only take true privates at 80 tokens a minute. So, that 900 tokens that was 15 minutes of regular private is now just over 10 minutes of true private. One model I had been wanting to take private for a long time, when she was doing privates at the end of the night (she only does them at the end of the night) PMed me and said she did want to do one, but asked it be true. Thankfully, I had gotten my taxes back. :lol: But, even so, it still only ended up being 19 minutes of true. It was still very fun, and she even asked at the end "so, why have we never done that before, again?" :p

But this is why I say depending on the model, I could see myself doing up to 300 tokens ahead of time; I'd just make sure I had budgeted myself out those extra 300 tokens.

Plus, what Kitty said is fairly common among models: having a required minimum time/tokens spent per private. Basically, barring technical difficulties, if the member doesn't spend the required time/tokens, then the member gets a nice ban for it. Obviously, I would assume models wouldn't hold it against the member if there were technical difficulties. This is to ensure at least a decent amount of time in each private, and to make it worth it to the model to take the privates. And I fully endorse this practice among models. After all, it's a shitty private if the guy leaves as soon as one gets naked and then it takes longer to get dressed than the private lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.