AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips coming from a user not in the room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2020
Today in a model's room I know well she was receiving tips from someone who did not appear in the user list. The user list did seem to be working properly at the time. All other users appeared and it refreshed as expected and other users joining/leaving did show. Not anonymous tips, they displayed the user's name. The user just didn't appear to be in the room. The same user was there earlier but they left and we could see no rejoin message after that.

How does that happen? I've been around for a long time and never have seen that before.

Last edited:
Perhaps a developer working with the model to test some new code function?
Although I can't see the benefit of being hidden from the user list if the tips show up against that username.

Upvote 0
Definitely not someone working with her and they were real tips. I know her very well and was PMing with her about it at the time. She was more puzzled than anyone. Just a normal light purple user as best we could tell. He left the room and then maybe around 5 minutes later tips start showing up. Yes, only "hidden" in the user list, not from display in the room with each tip.

Only thing that I could think of is that maybe the tips were delayed in some way. But I've never experienced or seen that before. Some seconds lag is normal and can be a little longer at times. But not that long and things were working well otherwise today.

Upvote 0
Today in a model's room I know well she was receiving tips from someone who did not appear in the user list. The user list did seem to be working properly at the time. All other users appeared and it refreshed as expected and other users joining/leaving did show. Not anonymous tips, they displayed the user's name. The user just didn't appear to be in the room. The same user was there earlier but they left and we could see no rejoin message after that.

How does that happen? I've been around for a long time and never have seen that before.

If for whatever reason he loads the page and its offline at the time and doesnt auto load the room when model starts broadcasting they can tip without being in the room. It can also happen if model goes offline for over 2 hours and tipper never leaves the room. In theory should be other ways to do it on purpose by not loading some javascript elements but ive never tried it.

Upvote 0
I know the state that you're describing. You can be "in" and see a model's room without appearing to be there in that case. I've never tried to tip when that happens but can replicate and try to tip and see if that works.

Hadn't thought of that. They had been sitting for a long time. She wasn't gone for two hours but they could have disconnected from the room at some point and remained "attached" (for lack of any better word for what you're describing). Doubt that it was intentional. No purpose served really.

Upvote 0
what about being disconnected for joining the room again in a 2nd tab, then closing the 2nd tab and tipping in the 1st? That would probably be more common...

Yeah, that was how I was going to test it. lol Basically the same state. You're still connected to the room but not in the room. I didn't know that tipping would work in that case. I'll have to give it try tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Surely though in that scenario, the user wouldn't be able to see the video feed, unless they refreshed the page and therefore was back in the list of users. So why would they tip when they couldn't see what was going on?

Upvote 0
Surely though in that scenario, the user wouldn't be able to see the video feed, unless they refreshed the page and therefore was back in the list of users. So why would they tip when they couldn't see what was going on?

You do still see the video. You disconnect from the chat. The stream continues without refreshing.

And I just confirmed that you can tip from that disconnected tab/room. You won't see the tip in the disconnected room but it will appear in the room.

Upvote 0
No. Can do any time. You could try it now if you wanted.
Strange, it doesn't disconnect me if I try it. I can have 2 adjacent Chrome tabs both running the same room (very weird effect too - has a millisecond delay between each tab's sound output, almost an echo-chamber effect)

Upvote 0
Strange, it doesn't disconnect me if I try it. I can have 2 adjacent Chrome tabs both running the same room (very weird effect too - has a millisecond delay between each tab's sound output, almost an echo-chamber effect)

Yes. The video/audio stream remains. But you're not connected to the chat, can't see or post messages, can't access user list, etc., from the disconnected tab.

• Helpful!
Reactions: gringo_pete
Upvote 0
Yes. The video/audio stream remains. But you're not connected to the chat, can't see or post messages, can't access user list, etc., from the disconnected tab.
Ah, gotcha. I assumed a disconnect meant the stream stopped with a "disconnected" message over a black screen. My bad...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.