AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips for a beginner cam girl

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2015
:) :p Im interested in being a cam girl but i don't now where to start. Is it worth the money? as in will it pay out? how do i trust a site and what signs of scams should i look out for? and website suggestions that i should start with? im a little nervous but eager to begin lol.

The best place to start is with research! I'd start with this thread: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=14554
And camgirlwiki.com which has a list of trusted and well-known websites plus a ton of basic information (I'd stick with Myfreecams or Streamate but I know there are other good ones). :-D

#1 Most Important Thing:
A good webcam. Logitech c910 and c920 are considered to be the best of the best. Do not start until you have invested in one of these.

Streamate is heralded as a great place to start camming because of the high traffic if you don't geoblock. Never used it myself, but I think they have some highly enforced rules that will help a newbie, like no offsite communication, no skype, no free chat cumshows, stuff like that.

MyFreeCams can be really difficult for models who are starting out because of the camscore. The higher it is, the closer to the top of the page you'll get. If it's too low you risk little to no traffic. However, this is the site where I started out and it's worked out great for me. If you want to be an MFC model, just do as much research as you can about this site in particular.

Regarding payouts, it depends on the site. MFC is every 1st and 16th of the month, I think Streamate is once a week? Some sites require you to make a minimum before you get paid. As to how much money you'll make? That is a mystery until you try. Most girls do not make a whole lot the first few months of camming. Some work hard to get to the top, others get really lucky. It's definitely not a get rich quick scheme or "easy money" all of the time.

Good luck if you start!

Spend as much time visiting cam sites as you possibly can and watch how successful models interact with visitors and get accustomed to how members interact with models. The better you understand how different cam sites work, the better you will be prepared to work as a cam model.

Sevrin said:
Spend as much time visiting cam sites as you possibly can and watch how successful models interact with visitors and get accustomed to how members interact with models. The better you understand how different cam sites work, the better you will be prepared to work as a cam model.

Very much this.

Watch models at the very top for how they interact with the members in their room. Most have really infectious and great personalities. Don't copy from them, but learn from what they do in their room, see what works. Observe and figure out why they are popular. If you can't figure it out, find a top model who you do identify with.

It is also good to watch models who aren't at the absolutely top, but somewhere in between. On MFC, I found watching girls in the 3000-4000 camscore range was good for learning attainable goals and how to handle slightly a mid-range crowds. It's also good to see what works for them versus someone at the top because that's an entirely different level of camming.

Status
Not open for further replies.