AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips not showing up in chat, but are on token history

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexi_Summers

Cam Model
Jan 2, 2022
Spain
Twitter Username
@LexiSummers_95
MFC Username
Lexisummers_
Chaturbate Username
lexisummers_95
Hi guys, I've been on stripchat for about a week and I've had a blast so far, met some cool people and really just enjoyed the whole experience a lot.

But... yesterday I had a huge issue with one user and I don't know what to do.
Long story short if you don't want to read my post : user tipped, tips didn't show up in chat, then I checked and his username is in token history ( which corresponds to what I've earned) BUT its not on paying users section ( which does not correspond to what I've earned) and 2 other users are with the same problem. Can they tip and then take the tips back? Will it stay on my profile until its processed by the site or is this a huge glitch?

So I bought a Lush last week and started using it Friday. Everything was fine, except my feed would slow down and sometimes break up because I stream off my phone through WiFi and it didn't take tip walls very well, if someone would tip for Lush slowly, the video would be fine, but as soon as they would tip rapidly, my video started to break up. This is fine as I'm getting a webcam this week anyway and hope that this issue will go away. I warned users in my welcome message that if they rapidly tip the video will slow down. I also apologised multiple times during stream for lag and breaking up. I was very transparent about the issue.
Now to yesterday's problem. Tips were coming in slowly, but the WiFi was pretty bad so I have apologised multiple times again and said that sadly I can't fix the issue as there's nothing I can do about it yet.

This user messaged me about 30 mins into my session saying : " are you a fake account"
I was a bit surprised so I asked what happened and said no, I'm not fake, what is the problem. The user then went on to say they tipped me 10 and 20 tokens and it didn't show up in chat but the tokens are gone from his account, so I apologised and said I can not fix it to show up in chat, but I can offer a 3 minute Lush control link as an apology, which the user accepted.

I warned that the feed might break up or lag a bit and apologised in advance since I never used lush control before so I didn't know exactly what would happen.

After sending the link nothing happened so I asked does it work ( I haven't used a link yet so I didn't know if it's working properly) and the guy said "I dont know" so I replied he can use it as it shows to me its still active and I thought this would be it. But no, the user then asked me again if I'm a fake account and I again replied no, how can I be fake, I have to verify myself before I'm allowed to be here so ?? He then went on and told me he's been on for 10 years and I'm the first bad case and also asked why I want him to use the link as he never used one here before ( I assume 10 years on xhamster as the sites are connected since stripchat has only been going for about 5) .
He complained my feed was lagging and thinks I'm a fake because of that.

In this moment I was really upset, my viewers were leaving rapidly as I was sat there doing nothing, trying to reason and fix this issue with this user. I explained again I offered it as an apology to the fact his tips didn't come up in the chat and also asked what he tipped for, I can do it and we be done with this issue. Then he said it wasn't off the menu, he tipped the 30 tk just like that, for me.

So I'm not sure why he was so upset it didn't come up I the chat and when I went to look in my toke s history, his name is indeed there, saying he tipped 20 then 10 a minute after, but nothing in chat and when I looked in paying users section, his name was NOT there. I explained this and again offered either Lush control or doing something off the menu but the guy just wouldn't stop pestering me for the 30 tk that didn't come up in chat.

Later on, I realised there was another 2 users who did tip, but nothing was in chat and they are not on the list of paying users.

I finished the conversation saying I can't do anything and left the stream too as everyone had left since I was sat there for 20 mins doing nothing.

Can users tip and take their tips back?
My calculations show the tips that I made correspond to Tokens history, but not paying users.
Is this a glitch on site or did I do something wrong?
I have a bit of money on the profile and I don't want to be banned for this issue.

Sorry for long post, but I wanted to explain on detail and be sure what happened.

Thank you for your help xx
Lexi S.

Last edited:
Hey @Lexi_Summers

First of all.. Welcome to the team!

Please note, the issue you are referring to regarding the tips was a slight glitch that occurred on our site due to one of our updates which our Technical team rectified as quickly as they could. (The issue was: there was a slight delay in the tips appearing on the models' profile). We would like to apologize for any inconvenience which occurred that may have affected your broadcast and we thank you for your understanding during times of unforeseen circumstances.

To answer some of your questions:
  • You did not do anything wrong!
  • When you are new, don’t be embarrassed to advise users of this. It’s helpful to alert them that you are still learning all the features, the site, etc. and most users are very understanding and will also help you along with issues you have
  • Users cannot take tips back once they tip or pay for something
  • The issues with you lush may be settings related (we can provide further assistance with this)
  • If a users feed is lagging, it does not necessarily mean the issue is on the models side and you should advise the user to contact Customer Support for assistance
  • If a user is not being respectful to you or treating you like you want to be treated, you are not obligated to continue engaging with them if you do not wish to do so (and if they have paid for something, you can approve a refund for their tokens which the support team can assist with)

Should you need any clarification on the above, please contact me directly via email charlie@stripchat.com and I can provide further assistance and guidance.

Reactions: Lexi_Summers
Upvote 0
Hi, @Charlie_SC
I appreciate your answer and thank you for your time.
I am now calmer knowing I didn't make a mistake. I am really enjoying my time on SC and would be devastated if I was to be banned due to a user report of something that was not my fault.
I really appreciate all the focal points you've included in your answer and thank you for explaining main parts to me.
I am now on for 3 weeks and have figured out all of the settings/extensions/obs software.
I also managed to solve the Lush issue!

Again, thankful and wishing you all the best,

Lexi S.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Hi, @Charlie_SC
I appreciate your answer and thank you for your time.
I am now calmer knowing I didn't make a mistake. I am really enjoying my time on SC and would be devastated if I was to be banned due to a user report of something that was not my fault.
I really appreciate all the focal points you've included in your answer and thank you for explaining main parts to me.
I am now on for 3 weeks and have figured out all of the settings/extensions/obs software.
I also managed to solve the Lush issue!

Again, thankful and wishing you all the best,

Lexi S.

You are very welcome @Lexi_Summers and good to hear about the lush!

It sounds like you are very keen to do well here and I think you will be great because you are being proactive with asking questions and learning about the site.
  • Keep asking questions
  • Always make time to read Model News
  • Have a good understanding of the models Rules: https://stripchat.com/wiki/Rules_for_Models
  • Ensure you fully are aware of what is Strictly Prohibited on our site (also noted under the above link). Please note, users will still ask you for prohibited things. What to do in these situations: respond to the user that it is prohibited (so it’s noted that you declined) and then contact the Support team so they can either warn the user and/or take other relevant actions as required.
  • It’s also a good idea to know the user guidelines as some of their behavioural rules can also affect you: https://stripchat.com/wiki/Community_Guidelines

Please note, my direct email address is charlie@stripchat.com and you can contact me at any time with any other questions or queries you may have.

Good Luck and welcome to the SC team!

Reactions: Lexi_Summers
Upvote 0
I'm not show how long the tips delay was (Seconds? Minutes?). But if you're ever unsure whether or not a member (When it's his first time in your room) is being truthful about having tipped you, you could always click on (or hover?) his screen name and it will tell you right there how many tokens total he's tipped you. You could also click on your 'Earnings' tab, and his tip will show up right there at the top.

Some months ago when I was new to Stripchat, I had a pain-in-the-ass member who asked me if I was "a scammer," which was ridiculous. I'm kinda wondering if that's a tactic some of these guys use to try to trick models into giving them freebies.

Upvote 0
@Charlie_SC

Thank you so much for your answer and you are right, I've spent days reading everything I could about the site to make sure I am prepared well, but not everything is on the Internet so I'm thankful for your input and advice. Again, great points, very helpful! Appreciate the email too! I'm excited to be here and learn more every day!

@yummybrownfox

I appreciate very much you pointed this out, it's a good way to figure out the people who wish to scam us models! I panicked a bit that day because I was so so fresh, I was enjoying the experience and was worried thst I will be kicked off the site for something I couldn't control / fix ! For that reason I have offered either lush control or something off the menu, but weirdly enough the guy was only angry about tips not showing in chat and refused what I had offered -so I think he wasn't trying to scam me, he was only annoyed to not know where his money had gone! But I will for sure keep in mind to check twice before doing anything and also not to worry too much about users that pester me about things I have no control over!

I wish you both an amazing weekend and @yummybrownfox wishing you all the success!

Best,
Lexi S.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.