AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

To Start Again or not...that is the question...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy01

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 21, 2016
London, UK
Twitter Username
@Poppyspinkmfc
MFC Username
Poppyspink
Oh no not another MFC post...sorry girlies :(

I'm totally brand new ACF so hello everyone :D! I'm Poppy, been a full time model for over 4 years now, mainly glamour. A friend of mine boosted her income over on MFC and after watching the Elites like Ginny, Kickaz, KitKat I was soo excited to join! I loved how they preformed and yes seeing all those tokens roll in made it even more appealing.

Sadly I had my only parent become ill and without sounding all sad it really effected me. Suddenly my modelling wage couldn't cope with the demand of my bills and my parent. So camming seemed an excellent job. Plus I like to preform, talk and do game shows (always fancied myself the next wheel of fortune host..ha!)

So 2 months ago I rushed out, bought a cam, new laptop, set up an MFC profile and that night I logged on ...well my first night was tragic...I learnt my wifi couldn't reach my bedroom and stopped (seemed fine when surfing). I live in an old apartment with concrete walls!!
MFC went down for 30 mins then I did a cum show at 1000 thinking I was 'earning it'......oh dear oh dear...

Even worse as I was turning down PVTS as I had 200 ppl + in my room...why oh why :'(

Despite this I got a cam score of 1200 and the next night earnt $150 and the cam score went upto 1500! Yay! Then my parent became even more ill and I left MFC for a total of 5 days....big mistake...

I didn't know my research as I didn't know that I had too...I didn't have the correct internet, cam, videos to sell, games to offer and I feel I fluffed up my new girl status...so wish I took those PVTS to get myself up there...

Don't get me wrong i'm holding a cam score of around 1395 but money wise...around $40 a night (£28 as in the UK). I do hold around 30/50 ppl but getting them to talk let alone tip is an uphill struggle. It has boosted my income but I felt I could have done a lot better by taking advantage of the new cam girl status...

I contacted Ginny who gave me some good advice (lovely lady!!) but with her joining 4 years I feel she had an advantage...

Now I have a better cam, internet, vids to sell and the confidence is it worth deleting the account and starting again to really make the most of the new cam girl status...one girl did this and she has a cam score of 10k and makes around $1200 a week? I can change my name ever so slightly to get over the 'can't have the same name'. Could I use the same email or does it have to be a different one?

Or should I stick at it ? - I don't expect to be an overnight success after 2 months but surely $5-40 a night could be better lol...

I am so sorry for waffling on, thank you all for reading...you all seem a lovely bunch and it's good to see a forum place for Cam models with non biased opinions.

Thank you!

Poppy x.

It's perfectly normal for your earnings and viewer count to drop a bit once your new model tag wears off. However, a camscore of 1500 is really good, especially for such a new model!!!!!!!

MFC usually won't allow models to create new accounts, but since your camscore is already that high, I would suggest just working that one. Set a schedule and stick to it so you can make regulars. Find things to do on cam that you enjoy, regardless of whether it's 'popular' or not. If you like to paint, do that on cam! If you like to do more Burlesque-y sorta shows, do that! If you want to play games, do that! This is YOUR show, so you can cultivate it to be whatever you want.

You've already got a giant advantage over most new models (camscore). There will be great days (multiple hundred dollars) and not so great days (single or double digits). Apply for models only here on ACF, and read through all the threads about games/advice in there. But you're on the right path. Don't give up.

I'll also add that I don't really have regulars except a few who have been visiting me while their favorite girl is MIA, so it's just the name of the game. Even if you started over there's no for sure garuntee that you'd be more successful

Thank you for your fab advice girls :).

Yes I need to find the hours that work, I'm GMT time zone so i'm currently trying every hour to see which works and hit new potential followers...I am yet to hit those in the PDT time zone so going to go cam at around 5.30am and see what happens then..

Have the odd followers now, no big tippers but they do keep my room going by just talking and encouraging others...wish they was on all the time lol!!!

Apply for models only here on ACF, and read through all the threads about games/advice in there. But you're on the right path. Don't give up.

How do I do that lol?

Thank you xx

• Hugs
Reactions: DFT and AliceKarina
@Poppy01 To get verified as a model, MFC mail AmberCutie from you model account with something helpful in the subject line like "Model Verification" and your name here on the forums in the body of the e-mail. She approves girls twice a week (Tuesdays and Fridays, I think). Once you're approved, you'll get a message on here and the Models Only section will be accessible!

...I learnt my wifi couldn't reach my bedroom and stopped (seemed fine when surfing). I live in an old apartment with concrete walls!!

After fighting my wifi being just on edge for part of the house I went looking for range extenders again, expecting that I'd have to match by brand and pay a bunch like the first time. Turns out they're dead cheap and super simple to set up now - grabbed one for $18 that works with any router and now I never have a problem with wifi anywhere.

More of a general tip to anyone with wifi problems. Reminded me.

Doesn't camscore roll over a period of time? 6 weeks, 60 days?

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ms_Diane
Hi guys!

Ok bumping this thread if thats ok?

It's been 3 months now and wow, today I was on nearly 3hrs and got £5. What an all time low. I put low countdowns on and lucky if I get my top off lol,

Is it worth starting again. Seriously? I really messed up my new girl cam status and just feel like I could do so much if I was to start again? I'm probs just being mega harsh on myself here but it's gone from OK (never amazing) to absolutely terrible...

Plus the amount of trolls is horrible. 'Wow how ugly are you?' 'no offence but red heads never do well'....These were from premiums! Wow I really questioned my look and if I should delete my account, start again and buy a blonde wig haha!

Is this possible? will MFC allow it If go under a slightly different name and different email.

It's currently 6.51am UK time...breakfast and coffee time I think :),

Thank you for reading and helping,

Poppy xx

As someone who has started over on MFC, starting over super soon has some cons
--mfc generally doesn't like to open new accounts
--you're better off slowly building your camscore as opposed to getting a super high one with no other days leveling it out and struggling to maintain it

My old MFC account in 2012 I had no idea what I was doing. I had a 900 camscore at the lowest (not completely unsavable) but quit the site, deleted my profile and went to cb. After 2 years of experience there, I made a new MFC account I got a 3500 camscore the first night and did much better however, what I realize now is it wasn't the new profile itself that made everything better, it was my experience as a model. There are so many models on the forum who have pulled themselves out of lower camscores and low room counts who finish in the top 500-100 now! It just takes dedication, work and a bit of luck.

Also as a new model, even at a higher camscore than my old profile I still encountered shitty trolls. Take a look at some of the top mfc rooms=you will see trolls. That won't go away no matter how high you are honestly or any camsite you use for that matter. Many of us have been doing this for years and will have someone call us ugly everyday. Hell, someone said my butt was fake and I had no self respect today lol. Trolls are here to stay on camsites unfortunately. In my opinion: Build up more experience, work with your account you have now and don't be so hard on yourself. ^_^

I like your profile and I would definitely visit you if I saw you online. I noticed that you usually log out at around 6 PM Eastern Standard time which I think is kind of regrettable. First of all, most of your working (tipping) Americans are probably just getting home at that hour. However, most of the top models are already online. So basically, you are competing against the most popular models but you are offline before the audience is home.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Osmia
Thank you :),

Yes I need to look at different time zones as being in the UK I have been hitting them between 6.30pm to 1am GMT.

I tend to find through the week its very quiet so need to look at different times for sure but weekends are excellent, more traffic and more people talking...

Just don't want to limit it to weekends only...

XX

I was just talking about this "starting over on MFC" thing with someone else the other day. And here's the thing about that...

As much as we feel it may make life a little easier to start fresh with a new cam score on MFC, we have to face the fact that cam scores will drop at times. MFC does not want models to keep starting over on their site for the sake of their cam score, and usually when you "quit" and come back, they will tell you that you can continue using that same account from before.

I think, a while ago, I had gotten so used to doing the "starting over fresh" thing that I got a little carried away with it, and kept doing it every time I was unable with my score. I can understand why MFC frowns on that. They probably want us to work for it, and consider "starting over" as us just taking the easy way out. We cannot (or should not, I should say) be starting over on MFC every time we're unhappy with our cam score. You can bring a shitty cam score back up into the 4 digits (I did it once), but it is not easy. You will have to be mindful of how much time you're spending in MFC public chat with no tokens coming in (For example, staying on MFC for 6 hours every shift - no matter what - but only logging off with a total of 40 tokens...that's not gonna be good), use that room topic feature to your advantage, and work on building up regulars.

Okay, so I just went back and read the original post (I really should've done that first before responding...lol). Okay, well your cam score isn't as low as what I was thinking. :) Cool! I thought you were talking about it being in the 400s or 500s.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Osmia
I've definitely started over a few times lol. You have a really good camscore and profile though and I think if you keep at it things'll get better. If you're really fighting the urge, why not try out chaturbate or another site where you'll have new model status without having to start mfc over?

Hello Poppy! First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your parent. I hope they are doing well!
I recently started over a couple weeks ago after taking about a two year break and I honestly wish I never quit :( I was very nervous that I wouldn't do well, but by using my previous knowledge and doing LOTS of research, I am actually doing better than I did before! I've read many articles and a decent book about camming (Camgirl 2.0 by Thomaseli on Amazon for $5), and I've noticed a recurring theme- being a people person. Before logging on, I don't think about how much money I want to make. I get excited to speak with my members and have fun (who doesn't love a good cum and nakey time!). When you're truly enjoying yourself, it definitely shows to your viewers and will attract more. Being genuine and being myself has been extremely vital to my success thus far. I know there are many different kinds of cam girls, and some may not be personality based, which is totally fine. I'm just letting you know what works for me, and hopefully for you! You may already have this mentality, but I haven't seen you on cam yet therefore I have no clue- sorry!
About the trolls making those rude comments- all models get them. There is no need for you to wear a wig. You are beautiful and don't ever let an idiot behind a keyboard make you feel any less.
Some other great things to keep in mind:
-games & prizes: I always have games available to play in my room as incentive for them to spend tokens. The guys love to gamble so blackjack has been a hit! Also, acting out emotes has been hilarious.
-sexy outfits: Makes me feel sexy and makes my viewers more interested *wink wink*
-lighting and interesting environment: What's on your walls, floor, etc.
-social media: Twitter/IG/Kik/Snapchat to market yourself and communicate with your members off cam so they can feel connected with you.
-consistency: Try to have a consistent schedule and don't make a schedule around times that you think will be "busy". I would first work at times that work for you so you can attract viewers that are available during those times for your sake. If it's really awful after you've been on consistently, then change times.
-Camscore: Like I said earlier, try not to focus too much on how many tokens are rolling in, but still be aware. If it's been painfully slow for an hour, I log off for an hour and come back. It's usually MUCH better when I get back on and my camscore doesn't hurt as much.
You're going to have terrible nights where you make $5 and you're going to have incredible nights where you make hundreds. Take the good with the bad and recognize how awesome it can be to be a camgirl!
I'm sorry if you already knew all of this! All of this has helped me tremendously so I felt like I should share. Thanks for listening to me ramble and I wish you the best of luck girly! :kiss:

• Hugs
Reactions: Poppy01
Thank you everyone :) for your replies..

Hello Poppy! First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your parent. I hope they are doing well!
I recently started over a couple weeks ago after taking about a two year break and I honestly wish I never quit :( I was very nervous that I wouldn't do well, but by using my previous knowledge and doing LOTS of research, I am actually doing better than I did before! I've read many articles and a decent book about camming (Camgirl 2.0 by Thomaseli on Amazon for $5), and I've noticed a recurring theme- being a people person. Before logging on, I don't think about how much money I want to make. I get excited to speak with my members and have fun (who doesn't love a good cum and nakey time!). When you're truly enjoying yourself, it definitely shows to your viewers and will attract more. Being genuine and being myself has been extremely vital to my success thus far. I know there are many different kinds of cam girls, and some may not be personality based, which is totally fine. I'm just letting you know what works for me, and hopefully for you! You may already have this mentality, but I haven't seen you on cam yet therefore I have no clue- sorry!
About the trolls making those rude comments- all models get them. There is no need for you to wear a wig. You are beautiful and don't ever let an idiot behind a keyboard make you feel any less.
Some other great things to keep in mind:
-games & prizes: I always have games available to play in my room as incentive for them to spend tokens. The guys love to gamble so blackjack has been a hit! Also, acting out emotes has been hilarious.
-sexy outfits: Makes me feel sexy and makes my viewers more interested *wink wink*
-lighting and interesting environment: What's on your walls, floor, etc.
-social media: Twitter/IG/Kik/Snapchat to market yourself and communicate with your members off cam so they can feel connected with you.
-consistency: Try to have a consistent schedule and don't make a schedule around times that you think will be "busy". I would first work at times that work for you so you can attract viewers that are available during those times for your sake. If it's really awful after you've been on consistently, then change times.
-Camscore: Like I said earlier, try not to focus too much on how many tokens are rolling in, but still be aware. If it's been painfully slow for an hour, I log off for an hour and come back. It's usually MUCH better when I get back on and my camscore doesn't hurt as much.
You're going to have terrible nights where you make $5 and you're going to have incredible nights where you make hundreds. Take the good with the bad and recognize how awesome it can be to be a camgirl!
I'm sorry if you already knew all of this! All of this has helped me tremendously so I felt like I should share. Thanks for listening to me ramble and I wish you the best of luck girly! :kiss:

Aww Winter, thank you :). To be honest I tend to find talking to my members, having a glass of wine and a dance brings the tippers in. Sometimes It gets a little difficult when no one talks and my regs aren't online but I've learnt to log off and either call it or night or try again later on.

I've now made a schedule and log on around 10pm UK time till around 12/1am. It seems to work :). Before I was trying all sorts of times and lets face it, unless people have a connection with you they are not going to tip. I don' think I did myself any favors moving my times around.
*If your on about at that time i'd love you to pop in and advise :D.*

I appreciate greatly what you have said and have taken some on board. I've moved rooms, and looking at playing a few more games. Hi-Lo always pulls around 200 tkns, not a lot but does help on those quiet nights. Blackjack sounds awesome!

I've decided to hide my camscore, out of sight, out of mind. I'm aware if I don't get over 1200 tkns by the second hour its lowered, If I get over then I know it will have risen. I'm now at 1217. Better than 1117 last week!

Also Welcome Back to camming, glad its proving successful for you!

Thank you and all the best :D

Poppy xx

Thank you everyone :) for your replies..

Aww Winter, thank you :). To be honest I tend to find talking to my members, having a glass of wine and a dance brings the tippers in. Sometimes It gets a little difficult when no one talks and my regs aren't online but I've learnt to log off and either call it or night or try again later on.

I've now made a schedule and log on around 10pm UK time till around 12/1am. It seems to work :). Before I was trying all sorts of times and lets face it, unless people have a connection with you they are not going to tip. I don' think I did myself any favors moving my times around.
*If your on about at that time i'd love you to pop in and advise :D.*

I appreciate greatly what you have said and have taken some on board. I've moved rooms, and looking at playing a few more games. Hi-Lo always pulls around 200 tkns, not a lot but does help on those quiet nights. Blackjack sounds awesome!

I've decided to hide my camscore, out of sight, out of mind. I'm aware if I don't get over 1200 tkns by the second hour its lowered, If I get over then I know it will have risen. I'm now at 1217. Better than 1117 last week!

Also Welcome Back to camming, glad its proving successful for you!

Thank you and all the best :D

Poppy xx
I am so glad to hear it's better for you!!! I would love to stop by and say hello! I will try sometime this week :) Good job raising your camscore- it's not easy. Thank you for the welcome back :h:

Status
Not open for further replies.