AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Totally burnt out and stuck :(

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2023
Uk
I’m new here but I’ve been camming on Streamate for 2.5 years. The last 6 months my mental health has been declining due to camming and other life things going on, but mostly camming. When I started in lockdown I loved camming and it felt so easy to make good money in a short time, but as probably most models have noticed it’s become harder and harder to make good money. I’m really struggling with the work but stuck doing it because my basic outgoings are so high…I have applied for employed jobs to make up some secured income but I’ll still have to cam on the side as the money isn’t enough. Sorry to seem like I’m dumping my problems here, but I’m really struggling with how I feel about camming…whenever I have to log on I’m filled with rage, I can’t tolerate people…especially the arseholes, I become very irritable and my body is tense. I don’t want to cam anymore but I can’t quit atm, it would be nice if I could at least earn well again but it’s so slow these days. I wondered if anyone had any advice for coping webcamming and the burn out it causes…as I don’t feel any of my friends or my partner understand how I feel xx

Late 2021 I got to this point. My partner was ok but everyone else in my life was "well just get a 'real' job" as though I could just pull one out of my ass mid pandemic while living in a country that has an average wage of under 1k a month.

If you're hating being online right now but need to because of the cash, have a go at some of the sites where you can turn off free chat to make it more bearable. AW is still a decent earner if you're UK based and you can set stripchat to spy mode or group show which mean their paying very shortly after they enter the room. I don't personally work there any more but xcams is another one where (for a lower %) you can turn off free chat. From reports on another forum £20-30 an hour is very achievable because the cheap price means traffic is very good.

Another option of course is to focus on content. Although advertising is pretty time consuming to get a good flow of subs, there's less contact with idiots. Responding to an annoying comment isn't nearly as temper provoking as having one in front of you on live.

Its very rare to have steady earnings with cam, I've been on and off since 2005 and all i can say is that you're not alone in feeling frustrated. Put some music or a movie on in your ear while you're on SM so you at least have something fun going on when your room is slow or full of idiots.

It gets better x

I’m new here but I’ve been camming on Streamate for 2.5 years. The last 6 months my mental health has been declining due to camming and other life things going on, but mostly camming. When I started in lockdown I loved camming and it felt so easy to make good money in a short time, but as probably most models have noticed it’s become harder and harder to make good money. I’m really struggling with the work but stuck doing it because my basic outgoings are so high…I have applied for employed jobs to make up some secured income but I’ll still have to cam on the side as the money isn’t enough. Sorry to seem like I’m dumping my problems here, but I’m really struggling with how I feel about camming…whenever I have to log on I’m filled with rage, I can’t tolerate people…especially the arseholes, I become very irritable and my body is tense. I don’t want to cam anymore but I can’t quit atm, it would be nice if I could at least earn well again but it’s so slow these days. I wondered if anyone had any advice for coping webcamming and the burn out it causes…as I don’t feel any of my friends or my partner understand how I feel xx
Late 2021 I got to this point. My partner was ok but everyone else in my life was "well just get a 'real' job" as though I could just pull one out of my ass mid pandemic while living in a country that has an average wage of under 1k a month.

If you're hating being online right now but need to because of the cash, have a go at some of the sites where you can turn off free chat to make it more bearable. AW is still a decent earner if you're UK based and you can set stripchat to spy mode or group show which mean their paying very shortly after they enter the room. I don't personally work there any more but xcams is another one where (for a lower %) you can turn off free chat. From reports on another forum £20-30 an hour is very achievable because the cheap price means traffic is very good.

Another option of course is to focus on content. Although advertising is pretty time consuming to get a good flow of subs, there's less contact with idiots. Responding to an annoying comment isn't nearly as temper provoking as having one in front of you on live.

Its very rare to have steady earnings with cam, I've been on and off since 2005 and all i can say is that you're not alone in feeling frustrated. Put some music or a movie on in your ear while you're on SM so you at least have something fun going on when your room is slow or full of idiots.

It gets better x
Thankyou for the advice I really appreciate it. Don’t get me wrong my partner supports me 100% but with how badly im feeling I don’t think he knows how to help me. But I do hate that comment of get a real job as I’ve heard it from other people and they’ve no idea how hard sex work is have they?! Im signed up on AW and Stripchat but only used them a couple of times, but I think you’re right im going to put more effort into them. Free chat on SM is a problem, it takes so much energy to entertain there even when you’re in a good headspace let alone when you’re burnt out. So yea I’ll try the others properly. I think in terms of the earnings I know it’s so up and down and that’s the nature of it, but there was a period of time probably 2021 where I consistently earnt the same weekly and it was amazing money…and im holding on to that like why can’t I do that again which is making me feel worse. But I need to remember we aren’t in those times anymore and it’s not my fault directly.

Again Thankyou so much for the advice x

Reactions: Sunshineseeker
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. Is there a chance you can work on a side hustle? I know most hate that question. Maybe you already do and can't add on more.

The cost of living has skyrocketed, but remember it takes one person to pay you. We get to connect with anyone from all over the world so the chances are high. If i were you i would get personal and real with myself and take steps to get my mind right first. Meditate, breathwork, and supplementation help tremendously.

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. Is there a chance you can work on a side hustle? I know most hate that question. Maybe you already do and can't add on more.

The cost of living has skyrocketed, but remember it takes one person to pay you. We get to connect with anyone from all over the world so the chances are high. If i were you i would get personal and real with myself and take steps to get my mind right first. Meditate, breathwork, and supplementation help tremendously.
Hi Jade. Thankyou for the reassurance. Well I started doing a course to try and get out of this work or at least have two incomes but as camming has been slow I unfortunately got behind with my bills and they have suspended the course :( I feel like I’m banging my head against a brick wall at the moment. I still earn well compared to ‘normal’ average salary’s but it’s not enough to cover my outgoings anymore…coupled with being burnt out it’s one big vicious cycle. Im going to start Journalling again and I’ve been trying to go on lots of walks and sticking to the gym to try and keep my head straight. Thankyou for that advice lovely xx

• Hugs
Reactions: Lilly_____
I’m new here but I’ve been camming on Streamate for 2.5 years. The last 6 months my mental health has been declining due to camming and other life things going on, but mostly camming. When I started in lockdown I loved camming and it felt so easy to make good money in a short time, but as probably most models have noticed it’s become harder and harder to make good money. I’m really struggling with the work but stuck doing it because my basic outgoings are so high…I have applied for employed jobs to make up some secured income but I’ll still have to cam on the side as the money isn’t enough. Sorry to seem like I’m dumping my problems here, but I’m really struggling with how I feel about camming…whenever I have to log on I’m filled with rage, I can’t tolerate people…especially the arseholes, I become very irritable and my body is tense. I don’t want to cam anymore but I can’t quit atm, it would be nice if I could at least earn well again but it’s so slow these days. I wondered if anyone had any advice for coping webcamming and the burn out it causes…as I don’t feel any of my friends or my partner understand how I feel

Now imagine on top of all that, you were a male model. You would probably need to be wheeled into an asylum because your mind would be lost ina flash.

I feel you completely though and I'm sure I speak for most other models. It def is tough and I'm not a.good businessman so I can't figure it out. But I can offer some stuff to get you zenned out. Firstly I think it would be best to ignore people mostly. There's lurkers, there are shady cats. There are the time wasting lowlives with heir 210000000 questions and then there are the oh so lovely cheap and/or stingy ma'fckz.

None of them deserve to sign their initials into your mental health and state of mind. As small as those initials may be

Secondly, there ARE good people (even though sometimes coming off cheap) and it does you good to connect.with them. Talk and listen and share and don't ask for anything. Ironically often times.they are the ones to suggest financial assistance of.sorts.

Lastly, id limit to one or two platforms and cycling between them like that in some.schedule. not only do.you have.more audiences but your fans miss the shit out of you and.love.to.see.you back after a.long absence

I hope I was able to help in any way. I'm a huge advocate for mental health treatment and prevention and have recently found it my calling to help the world in that subject as more.and.more the signs are.way too bright and obvious that we are losing it as society

Remember there are and will always be people who have it unimaginably worse than you or me. Always keep your head up and know that you are loved more than you know

Now imagine on top of all that, you were a male model. You would probably need to be wheeled into an asylum because your mind would be lost ina flash.

I feel you completely though and I'm sure I speak for most other models. It def is tough and I'm not a.good businessman so I can't figure it out. But I can offer some stuff to get you zenned out. Firstly I think it would be best to ignore people mostly. There's lurkers, there are shady cats. There are the time wasting lowlives with heir 210000000 questions and then there are the oh so lovely cheap and/or stingy ma'fckz.

None of them deserve to sign their initials into your mental health and state of mind. As small as those initials may be

Secondly, there ARE good people (even though sometimes coming off cheap) and it does you good to connect.with them. Talk and listen and share and don't ask for anything. Ironically often times.they are the ones to suggest financial assistance of.sorts.

Lastly, id limit to one or two platforms and cycling between them like that in some.schedule. not only do.you have.more audiences but your fans miss the shit out of you and.love.to.see.you back after a.long absence

I hope I was able to help in any way. I'm a huge advocate for mental health treatment and prevention and have recently found it my calling to help the world in that subject as more.and.more the signs are.way too bright and obvious that we are losing it as society

Remember there are and will always be people who have it unimaginably worse than you or me. Always keep your head up and know that you are loved more than you know
Thankyou ❤️ I can appreciate it must be difficult for male models as the market is tough especially at the moment (for us all).

You are right and I should be bothered or react to anyone as they don’t deserve my energy but I guess when you’re in a certain headspace and irritable as it is it becomes very difficult. But I totally agree with you

The platform cycling is a really good idea, I was thinking about putting more energy into the other site I’m on for a bit, hopefully you’re right people might miss me when I return to SM

Honestly right now I just appreciate being heard by people that understand this crazy world and the advice is a bonus, so Thankyou x

Thankyou ❤️ I can appreciate it must be difficult for male models as the market is tough especially at the moment (for us all).

You are right and I should be bothered or react to anyone as they don’t deserve my energy but I guess when you’re in a certain headspace and irritable as it is it becomes very difficult. But I totally agree with you

The platform cycling is a really good idea, I was thinking about putting more energy into the other site I’m on for a bit, hopefully you’re right people might miss me when I return to SM

Honestly right now I just appreciate being heard by people that understand this crazy world and the advice is a bonus, so Thankyou x
Sorry shouldn’t be bothered **

Best advice is to build out not just up, also goes for people in vanilla work with steady salaries, the more points of income you have the easier it becomes to stabilize yourself and if one of those income streams dry's up you have the others to pick up the slack. Caming on multiple sites at the same time can help stabilize your earnings (often its quiet on one site and ok to busy on another and the following day that can flip) Onlyfans and clips are a great way to start earning outside of cam, so are affiliate programs. 10 income streams of $100 is better than 1 income stream of $1200 imo (of course more than $100 per stream is ideal but I was just trying to make a point of I would rather earn less in total but have it broken up through multiple sites, than get all of my money from a single place.) since having more points of income means if one drys up you arnt as badly affected as you would be with that being your only point of income.

I am also a big advocate of using youtube to teach yourself new skills in your free time. New skills open up new ways to earn which can always come in helpful.

Best advice is to build out not just up, also goes for people in vanilla work with steady salaries, the more points of income you have the easier it becomes to stabilize yourself and if one of those income streams dry's up you have the others to pick up the slack. Caming on multiple sites at the same time can help stabilize your earnings (often its quiet on one site and ok to busy on another and the following day that can flip) Onlyfans and clips are a great way to start earning outside of cam, so are affiliate programs. 10 income streams of $100 is better than 1 income stream of $1200 imo (of course more than $100 per stream is ideal but I was just trying to make a point of I would rather earn less in total but have it broken up through multiple sites, than get all of my money from a single place.) since having more points of income means if one drys up you arnt as badly affected as you would be with that being your only point of income.

I am also a big advocate of using youtube to teach yourself new skills in your free time. New skills open up new ways to earn which can always come in helpful.
Thankyou for your advice. I agree with you 100%, it’s just as I have been trying to transition out of sex work for the last year, I stopped only fans, admire me, premium snap ect ect. I understand that sounds a bit stupid of me to then complain I’m struggling, but SW has been triggering me for a while hence me trying to get out. Making content just doesn’t sit right with me anymore :( I have been offered an employed job which I accepted but it’s a long vetting process. When that starts I will be able to afford to reduce camming and eventually quit once I’ve got my outgoings down and move in with my partner. But for now it’s got to stay, if I could quit right now I 100% would. But great advice especially on the learning front, and I’m defo going to start doing multiple streams x

• Hugs
Reactions: Lilly_____
Thankyou for your advice. I agree with you 100%, it’s just as I have been trying to transition out of sex work for the last year, I stopped only fans, admire me, premium snap ect ect. I understand that sounds a bit stupid of me to then complain I’m struggling, but SW has been triggering me for a while hence me trying to get out. Making content just doesn’t sit right with me anymore :( I have been offered an employed job which I accepted but it’s a long vetting process. When that starts I will be able to afford to reduce camming and eventually quit once I’ve got my outgoings down and move in with my partner. But for now it’s got to stay, if I could quit right now I 100% would. But great advice especially on the learning front, and I’m defo going to start doing multiple streams x
You can always branch out your income streams in non adult markets (generally a good idea to have income coming from multiple industries since economics effect them differently) , ofc what you can do depends on the skills you have since options are pretty much endless, if you know how to edit videos for example, there are often people who do twitch and youtube that are looking for video editors, as well as adult content creators, theres a lot of overlap with a lot of the skills you would have been doing with adult, so trying to find those things is a good place to start.

Like I said, I think it's important even for people with a salaried job, maybe even more so since with a regular job you have 0 control over your income, dosnt have to be adult, it could be designing logo's on fiverr or video editing, or selling tshirts through tspring or something since if that company decides you arnt needed any more than things can get bad pretty quick so have at least a little something running on the side will always provide at least a little security from that.

ETA: Just FYI Tshirt selling is fucking hard, you'll go 100's of designs before you find one that does ok and unless you have a traffic source set up you'll probably need to run ads which will almost definably loose you money until you find out what is selling and get your ads dialed in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.