AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Traffic Heads Up

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakingRad

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 28, 2013
profiles.myfreecams.com
I am not sure if this has been discussed before as I can't find anything on it but I did want to give a little heads up to anyone who may be having the same problem as I was.

I made my account about 6 months ago , after doing all the research I was set . Talkative , content , personable , extensive wardrobe , a great HD cam , perfect lighting ,etc. (As a new model I noticed I was only getting a maximum of 3 people even entering my room all night. This has gone on for 6 months , working every night . I FINALLY established a room of 6 people who I can't thank enough for sticking it out with me every night and keeping me afloat financially , salvaged my cam score , and so on.

Something was off, I have lurked and watched models for hours and hours and girls with even lower cam scores than mine had at least basics and guests coming in and out of their rooms. I contacted MFC on several occasions explaining the issue. Some guys said they couldn't see me in the preview when I would ask , some could only view me in PM viewer, half the time I'd open a new browser and couldn't even find myself on the homepages. I started to get frustrating but have stuck this out for 6 months, still only getting my 6 people in my room who had found me based on my tweeting. MFC assured me that I came up in searching , etc and I explained to them that wasn't the problem . They said they tried to look into it but couldn't "recreate the problem" even with step by step errors my guys have taken the time to write out for me that they received.

Finally two nights ago this guy comes in explaining all these issues to me and we start troubleshooting. Turns out that as soon as I switched to the broadcaster that you download as opposed to the newer one that pulls up the web page.....I instantly got traffic. My room was busy , made more last night than I made my entire paycheck the month before.

Long story short , if you are having an issue like this with the newer software I suggest using the old software because for some unknown reason that has been causing my problems and I basically wasted 6 months of my cam life when no one could even find me!

Hope this helps someone because it was a huge cam life saver for me . Sorry this is so long , but this was truly a huge deal that I couldn't figure out so hopefully someone can troubleshoot and learn from what I went through !

Miss_Lollipop said:
wow!!

So... may i ask, did you ever simply log onto the homepage and search for yourself? And you weren't showing up?? is that basically what was happening?

There as so much happening I am not even aware of it all I'm sure.
I have multiple computers , I could log onto my member account from a different laptop as I was camming and I would show as "offline" or I just wouldn't be on any page to view. When I was online and you could find me you couldn't get a preview .

Guys told me that if they had seen me online that no preview was available and when they entered my room they could hear audio but the only way they could see my cam was to open as a PM viewer?

I'm just glad it all is working now . I was ready to throw in the towel . I hope no one thinks I'm talking about just having low traffic or no one tipping. That wasn't it at all , it was literally a lack of anyone even entering my room . I just hope no one else is having this problem without anywhere to turn .

Reactions: missmeowmixx
I guess I should also add that another thing that was odd before this got resolved was that I could post my link and say I'm online now on my twitter , and still no one would enter.

I only have 950 followers but you would think someone would enter.
When I posted it last night my room count went way up .

I am not sure why this happened or where the incompatibility was with my computer vs. that software but for some reason it was a disaster .

Hmmm :think:

I really like the broadcaster, but the last month or so Ive noticed a huge dip in traffic. I also had a big camscore drop, unsure if they're are related or if this is a chicken/egg thing.

There is a common glitch where I dont show up on the homepage sometimes unless I refresh my browser/restart Chrome. I can usually get my boyfriend to check it for me, but I wonder if our premium account being added as a friend to my model acct. could make a difference as to whether or not I show up for him.

Reactions: spankamber
Jessi said:

I really like the broadcaster, but the last month or so Ive noticed a huge dip in traffic. I also had a big camscore drop, unsure if they're are related or if this is a chicken/egg thing.

There is a common glitch where I dont show up on the homepage sometimes unless I refresh my browser/restart Chrome. I can usually get my boyfriend to check it for me, but I wonder if our premium account being added as a friend to my model acct. could make a difference as to whether or not I show up for him.

Yes! It is worth a try , I hope it helps with the traffic drop too.
Also this may or may not be a fluke but I was also running ManyCam and last night I didn't , had a full room.
Tonight I had ManyCam on , had no one entered again.
Turned ManyCam off and then I get people in.

Not sure if this is related to what other people may experience or just a weird glitch in my computer system.
Not whining , just trying to help . I know I was ready to bang my head on a wall for 6 months !
:mrgreen:

BreakingRad said:
Jessi said:

Also this may or may not be a fluke but I was also running ManyCam and last night I didn't , had a full room.

Not sure if this is related to what other people may experience or just a weird glitch in my computer system.
Not whining , just trying to help . I know I was ready to bang my head on a wall for 6 months !

I've had a dip in traffic also (and use teh web broadcaster/manycam) however... i still see myself on the home page etc. Rarely i will get the little bug that makes me appear offline, my regs inform me and i log out then back in and it fixes it

Miss_Lollipop said:
BreakingRad said:
Jessi said:

I've had a dip in traffic also (and use teh web broadcaster/manycam) however... i still see myself on the home page etc. Rarely i will get the little bug that makes me appear offline, my regs inform me and i log out then back in and it fixes it

So the dip you guys have is unrelated most likely I guess.
I don't get a dip. I get a road block , no entrance. :violin:

BreakingRad said:
I am not sure if this has been discussed before as I can't find anything on it but I did want to give a little heads up to anyone who may be having the same problem as I was.

I made my account about 6 months ago , after doing all the research I was set . Talkative , content , personable , extensive wardrobe , a great HD cam , perfect lighting ,etc. (As a new model I noticed I was only getting a maximum of 3 people even entering my room all night. This has gone on for 6 months , working every night . I FINALLY established a room of 6 people who I can't thank enough for sticking it out with me every night and keeping me afloat financially , salvaged my cam score , and so on.

Something was off, I have lurked and watched models for hours and hours and girls with even lower cam scores than mine had at least basics and guests coming in and out of their rooms. I contacted MFC on several occasions explaining the issue. Some guys said they couldn't see me in the preview when I would ask , some could only view me in PM viewer, half the time I'd open a new browser and couldn't even find myself on the homepages. I started to get frustrating but have stuck this out for 6 months, still only getting my 6 people in my room who had found me based on my tweeting. MFC assured me that I came up in searching , etc and I explained to them that wasn't the problem . They said they tried to look into it but couldn't "recreate the problem" even with step by step errors my guys have taken the time to write out for me that they received.

Finally two nights ago this guy comes in explaining all these issues to me and we start troubleshooting. Turns out that as soon as I switched to the broadcaster that you download as opposed to the newer one that pulls up the web page.....I instantly got traffic. My room was busy , made more last night than I made my entire paycheck the month before.

Long story short , if you are having an issue like this with the newer software I suggest using the old software because for some unknown reason that has been causing my problems and I basically wasted 6 months of my cam life when no one could even find me!

Hope this helps someone because it was a huge cam life saver for me . Sorry this is so long , but this was truly a huge deal that I couldn't figure out so hopefully someone can troubleshoot and learn from what I went through !

When I first joined I downloaded and installed the Windows broadcaster and it wouldn't work on my computer at all. My webcam wouldn't load on it, maybe that's something similar to yours. I ended up just using the web based broadcaster and that's what I stick with now. I just have to be careful because I've accidentally closed the browser before, lol.

All in all, I'm wondering if it's a compatibility issue.

I'm tempted on trying this, though gawd I'm gonna miss broadcaster. I used the downloaded one for the longest time (something like 6 months before I switched). I figure if it doesn't improve in a week, or make a difference I'll switch back. Agreed though about the slump. I've been making a comeback, and it seemed like last month I had a small number of people in my room, but to be expected. Early Dec (like the 1st-3rd) my room was huge. Then suddenly back to small amount. I don't know if this info helps, but thought I'd put it if anyone could take anything from it.

Curvy_Krista said:
BreakingRad said:

When I first joined I downloaded and installed the Windows broadcaster and it wouldn't work on my computer at all. My webcam wouldn't load on it, maybe that's something similar to yours. I ended up just using the web based broadcaster and that's what I stick with now. I just have to be careful because I've accidentally closed the browser before, lol.

All in all, I'm wondering if it's a compatibility issue.

I had originally tried to use the downloaded one and not the broadcaster and my webcam wouldn't load either.
I found out two nights ago that in order for the cam to load and connect I have to "click" on the picture area where my video should display. As soon as I click it I am live.....I found this out when I was getting irritated so I started clicking on everything :-D :-D :-D

Godiva420 said:
I'm tempted on trying this, though gawd I'm gonna miss broadcaster. I used the downloaded one for the longest time (something like 6 months before I switched). I figure if it doesn't improve in a week, or make a difference I'll switch back. Agreed though about the slump. I've been making a comeback, and it seemed like last month I had a small number of people in my room, but to be expected. Early Dec (like the 1st-3rd) my room was huge. Then suddenly back to small amount. I don't know if this info helps, but thought I'd put it if anyone could take anything from it.

I suppose it is worth a try!
My problem wasn't small traffic though , my problem was NO traffic.
Not even guests or basics . All the guys who did come in every night found me on my twitter .

BreakingRad said:
Godiva420 said:

I suppose it is worth a try!
My problem wasn't small traffic though , my problem was NO traffic.
Not even guests or basics . All the guys who did come in every night found me on my twitter .

Oh, no I fully understand. I just know I used to have 5 times the amount in my room in around Jan-Apr, then it slumped massively after I left for a couple of months. I know this is mostly my fault, but still seemed like a huge amount. Good luck to you though, and thanks for bringing it up! :)

I am not sure if this applies to anyone's issue in here, but if you have your state blocked, you won't be able to see your profile nor your room while you're online if you log on as a guest, or even as a member (unless you have your member named added to your online friend list.)

BreakingRad said:

I will try it too. I constantly have a small amount of traffic. I did kinda mess up camming because when I had new member status, I had to go away for surgery (the surgery came unexpected). I would have waited to become a cam model if I new I'd have to leave for so long. So a lot of the regulars I could have gotten while I had the new status didn't happen for me. So I think I'm hard to find. :/ Anyways, it's worth a shot to try. I have my birthday camming on Thursday (I turn 21!), so I really hope I get enough people.

For a long time (until fairly recently), i never knew that a model who was camming but had an "offline" status, would not be seen on the directory. I simply thought it was a headline glitch. Had i known it before, i could've warned quite a few models of the problem. The courteous thing to do as members is to let the models know of their "offline" status if they're experiencing this glitch.

Reactions: BreakingRad
Actually I think there might be something to this. I had to reload the software recently due to an update glitch with Windows. Ever since then, I'm lucky to get guests and basics and the only premiums that come in my room are regulars who have me on their friends list. Any other time I may get one or two odd people pop in but no talkers, rarely any new tippers. I'm going to give the web broadcaster a shot and I'm also going to hardline officially to my router because I just need to anyway for Streamate. Please let this be my issue (I've also gotten some of the same complaints from regulars recently as well as people on my friends list PMing me but me never receiving them).

mutantdonut said:
For a long time (until fairly recently), i never knew that a model who was camming but had an "offline" status, would not be seen on the directory. I simply thought it was a headline glitch. Had i known it before, i could've warned quite a few models of the problem. The courteous thing to do as members is to let the models know of their "offline" status if they're experiencing this glitch.

It's a common bug (although it seems to come and go) and has a couple of variants. It most commonly happens after the model has a camera problem (such as a USB cable coming loose momentarily) or a network interruption. At some point a short time later the model's status changes to offline, even though she's still broadcasting and people are still watching her. At this point she will no longer appear in the list of online models and anyone who isn't already watching her won't be able to start watching her video feed. (And anyone already watching her will lose the ability to see her if they do anything to reset their video.)

There are a few variations to the bug. Sometimes the model won't be listed as offline, but she'll be listed as having her camera turned off.

Sometimes the bug only affects members who are already logged into MFC. People who log in after the model encounters the bug will be able to see her room listed normally. (When this happens it can be confusing because some members will claim she's listed as offline while others will just as adamantly claim that she's listed as online. They're both right.)

And while it usually seems to be triggered by camera issues (or occasionally network hiccups) it also seems to just happen randomly sometimes. Because MFC. :(

I wasn't aware that there were models who were being affected all the time. That's awful. But I guess I wouldn't run across them as I'd have no way of discovering their rooms…

This is a great post, and I'm glad you were able to figure things out.
I'm just curious, to clarify, using the downloaded broadcaster worked better for you than the browser based broadcaster?
I only ask because I've been using the downloaded version, and I've got pretty much no traffic. Like right now, I've been on for 40 minutes and a grand total of 3 people have been in my room, myself being one. :(

I've heard variations on this sort of thing a few times! I think different operating systems/browsers just like or don't like MFC sometimes.... I've definitely heard of at least one other model having this same issue with the web broadcaster. The webcaster is much better IMO but not when you got this going on. No sir.

I also noticed that i had MONSTER problems when accidentally leaving on a VPN/IP switcher program in Chrome, (Hola!) including random glitches, showing as offline, lag, etc. It was driving me nuuuuuuts.

When i turned off that fucker it was all glitter and ponies and rainbows again. So make sure you've not got TOR, or anything similar running.

On a side not, Ms. Wrong, you are super hot. :cat:

missmeowmixx said:
I've heard variations on this sort of thing a few times! I think different operating systems/browsers just like or don't like MFC sometimes.... I've definitely heard of at least one other model having this same issue with the web broadcaster. The webcaster is much better IMO but not when you got this going on. No sir.

I also noticed that i had MONSTER problems when accidentally leaving on a VPN/IP switcher program in Chrome, (Hola!) including random glitches, showing as offline, lag, etc. It was driving me nuuuuuuts.

When i turned off that fucker it was all glitter and ponies and rainbows again. So make sure you've not got TOR, or anything similar running.

On a side not, Ms. Wrong, you are super hot. :cat:
I can't even find where those things are/would possibly be.
I'm so computer illiterate, it's not even funny lol. Quite shameful, for someone who works on one all day, hmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.