AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Trusting someone to set up MFC profile

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet_Olivia_

Cam Model
Jul 3, 2017
Twitter Username
@yoursweetolive
MFC Username
Sweet_Olivia_
Streamate Username
sweet_Olivia_
I'm curious who you have trusted to set up your profile and how to go about doing such. I know there are a lot of threads but the ones I was reading are a little outdated so I figured I'd create one just for this.

Also, drop your favorite websites to do it yourself.
I'm sick of my lame profile

No one should have to log into your account - they should be able to direct you to the coding elsewhere and tell you where in your profile to put it.
Not really sure as to who to recommend as I always did my profile myself on there.

If you wanna keep it simple but cute you can use canva.com to make graphics!
There's also tons of info for coding on this forum... The posts are older but nothing has really changed too much on MFC in terms of making your own profile on there so I wouldn't say it's too outdated, heh.
There's also another website that you can use to build a profile -> CamModelExpress that's pretty nifty and is run by @Miss_Lollipop

I've helped a few models with profiles (on CB only though) and you should trust the person about as far as you can throw them. A profile designer does not need any sort of access to your account to create a profile for you. When I create a profile for a model I will post it to my Bio and password protect my account so only the model can see it (using the model's name as the password). If the model likes the profile I send them a link where they can download the HTML with a short video with instructions on how to install it.

I see Alyssa beat me to the punch while I was typing this, but I'm going to hit Post anyway.

NO! Do not trust ANYONE with your account. They can use HTML editor software and transfer the code to you when ready to test.

If anyone says otherwise, dont do it. They can easily get your dox.

NO one should be logging into your account!!!

They can use a member account to test profiles (they're just the same as models) on MFC.

If you're looking for a DIY MFC profile please do check out CammodelExpress.com we have a 7 day demo available when you register so you can go in there and see what you can create!

If you're looking for someone to do a custom profile or other sites my sister just started offering to pick up some freelance work :) DM me for her contact info. She's an established webdesigner/programmer with 8 years experience.

What you could alternatively do is change your password to a temporary one, and give this one to the designer / web developer - and change the password later again to prevent his / her access again.
But I would definitely pay out the balance first so you don't risk loosing your tipps and money.

If anyone needs some web or graphic design, let me know I am available to help you, too :)

• Wat?!
Reactions: CosmicRose
What you could alternatively do is change your password to a temporary one, and give this one to the designer / web developer - and change the password later again to prevent his / her access again.

There's absolutely no reason for anyone to do this.

I bet I will get plenty disagees for my earlier post :arghh:

Just to clarify that's surely not the safest option that's why I said it's an alternative.
If you know how to deal with CSS and copy the code yourself into your profile that's of course the best option to do so!

Just to clarify that's surely not the safest option that's why I said it's an alternative.
A stupid alternative but an alternative none the less.

Really though, there is 0 reason that anybody needs to log into your account. There is way way way to much info (legal names, addresses, banking info etc) stored by websites to even consider letting somebody log into your account.

Ok sure if your worried about identity theft and the abuse of your trust SURE THEN DON'T do it.

But I am not here to do any harm to anybody but looking to help out and get myself into the adult industry and try to make a living. That's the reason I am investing time and money to hopefully build up trust and a brand offering design and promotion services. I would NEVER EVER be thinking of abusing that trust. As I said I am here to collaborate.

But sure I do understand you guys don't know me that's why you are careful. And you are right - better be safe than sorry.

Ok sure if your worried about identity theft and the abuse of your trust SURE THEN DON'T do it.

But I am not here to do any harm to anybody but looking to help out and get myself into the adult industry and try to make a living. That's the reason I am investing time and money to hopefully build up trust and a brand offering design and promotion services. I would NEVER EVER be thinking of abusing that trust. As I said I am here to collaborate.

But sure I do understand you guys don't know me that's why you are careful. And you are right - better be safe than sorry.

If you want to work in the adult industry then listen to what the people around you are saying. There are 4 well established models and 1 member (that apparently also builds profiles) saying this is a horrible idea. Its an unnecessary risk that is not worth taking especially when there are better/safer ways to get the same result.

Ideally MFC should offer a dedicated access for designers / developers what only lets them access what lies within their responsibility. Wordpress for example offers such multiuser access with different roles and access levels.
Unfortunately MFC does not. So yes I do agree with everyone that to deal with CSS and copying the code yourself into your own profile is the safest option to do!

If you know how to deal with CSS and copy the code yourself into your profile that's of course the best option to do so!

You don't even need to know anything about CSS to copy/paste a bunch of code. The person designing your profile just needs to give you a big ol' chunk of code and tell you "paste this into this part of your profile". They don't need to log into your account to do that. The member accounts have essentially the same functionality and same fields, so they can figure it out on their own profiles easy, and even use screenshots of them to show models where to input the code.

It is seriously unsettling that someone seeming to promote themselves as a cam model guide knows nothing of the job and makes misguided statements and advice.

Please stop.

So what is the misguiding part of what you quoted? I said I do agree with everyone that to manage the code yourself is the safest option.
The part of the quote I should have focused on:
looking to help out and get myself into the adult industry and try to make a living. That's the reason I am investing time and money to hopefully build up trust and a brand offering design and promotion services.
And your previous suggestion being your bad advice:
But I would definitely pay out the balance first so you don't risk loosing your tipps and money.
I hate when people who are trying to "help" and act like a good resource of information for models clearly don't know how things work. Tossing a name on your account that sounds like someone to go to for help, then giving bad advice that could harm a new cam models is infuriating.

I hate when people who are trying to "help" and act like a good resource of information for models clearly don't know how things work. Tossing a name on your account that sounds like someone to go to for help, then giving bad advice that could harm a new cam models is infuriating.
In fact, nah, fuck it. Dog housed the account so hopefully he can learn a few things here but cannot post and possibly share bad advice that some newcomer takes to heart.

If anyone needs some web or graphic design, let me know I am available to help you, too :)
This is terrible advice from a cyber security standpoint, the person that gets access to the account also gets access to any data that is stored on it such as MFC mails also he could potentially change the email address for the account, but that might potentially require some social engineering. Also if the person that gets access to the account is malicious he can get the account banned by just breaking rules. I have seen some pretty terrible advice before, but this have the might be the worst so far.

I checked out this guy's Instagram that he linked from his profile

It seems to mostly be photos of cam models with links to their stuff which isn't the worst, I guess. But, what I find really weird is that he replies to comments as if he is the girl in the photo. That's pretty messed up and scammy.

Examples:

upload_2018-6-22_18-49-34.png

upload_2018-6-22_18-52-10.png

I was already agitated at the dude, but this makes me loathe him and others that do this shit.
Guys like this are the reason why I don't accept anything in return after I have done something for a model, like making their whiteboard look nice, because if I offer to do something then there shouldn't be any ulterior motives that affects my decision to offer to help out. This guy and others like him are like the people who cleans your windshield without asking at a red light and then expect to be paid.

Reactions: Gen
Also want to add. Don't even trust a model with your account logins.
We can expand that to, don't trust anyone with your account login. Not your mom, not your best friend, not your doctor, not your lawyer, not MFC support. No one. Anyone that tells you they need your password for any account anywhere (MFC, Facebook, Twitter, here, etc) is lying to you and should be shunned immediately. The simple act of asking for your password should set off all sorts of red alarms.

The only exception is if you are camming as a couple, then it might be ok to share the account password with your partner. But even that is a maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.