AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Unsolicited dick pics illegal in Texas beginning Sept 1st

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Click bait title. This is far more reaching of a law.

'Texas Governor Greg Abbott on Friday hosted the public signing of a bill that makes electronically sending unsolicited lewd photographs a crime, punishable by a fine of up to $500.'

This means if someone is offended by ANY nude pic they could fine the producer. Sure people might not want dick pics but there are people that can offense to the nude pics models advertise with. This law will more likely allow trolling against models that happen to live in Texas that really stop 'dick pics'

This is why censorship is usually the worst way to solve a problem because most people that call for censoring don't consider their own behavior will be under the same censorship.

Reactions: Lelo1
Sending dick pic unsolicited is sexual harassment. If it's illegal show your penis unsolicited in the real world, why is it alright on the internet? And honestly sending nudes unsolicited is too. Us posting nudes on our twitter wouldn't be classified. It's usually marked sensitive, and when we do send privatly there is usually a business transaction before cammodels do, so it's easy to prove the person who received content consented.

This isn't internet censorship drama queen. This is the law catching up with the internet.

You know one way to stop dick picks? Threaten to turn everyone you receive into Diglett. I have yet to get any the two months my dms have been opened.

Click bait title. This is far more reaching of a law.

'Texas Governor Greg Abbott on Friday hosted the public signing of a bill that makes electronically sending unsolicited lewd photographs a crime, punishable by a fine of up to $500.'

This means if someone is offended by ANY nude pic they could fine the producer. Sure people might not want dick pics but there are people that can offense to the nude pics models advertise with. This law will more likely allow trolling against models that happen to live in Texas that really stop 'dick pics'

This is why censorship is usually the worst way to solve a problem because most people that call for censoring don't consider their own behavior will be under the same censorship.

What part of the law makes it possible to fine someone for a nude pic unless the pic is *directly* sent to the person? As far as I could see it only applied to situations where I directly send you a nude advertisement that you haven't asked for.. which is fine. That's harassment too?

What part of the law makes it possible to fine someone for a nude pic unless the pic is *directly* sent to the person? As far as I could see it only applied to situations where I directly send you a nude advertisement that you haven't asked for.. which is fine. That's harassment too?

Except that's not how the law is written. It's vaguely written. It just needs to be 'unwanted' it doesn't have to be 'direct'.

Here in Sweden sending an unsolicited dick pic is considered to be harassment and the punishment ranges from a fine up to two years in prison depending on the severity of the crime. This is not censorship this is equal to you sending naked polaroids to someone who doesn't want them by regular mail. Ordinary publishing of dick pics in media is protected under the constitution and I imagine that it would be the same in the US.

Except that's not how the law is written. It's vaguely written. It just needs to be 'unwanted' it doesn't have to be 'direct'.
Since you seem to be having reading comprehension issues, I'm going to repeat the wording of it, which YOU posted to bitch about it, with some emphasis:

Sending = email, text, DM, etc
Sending =/= posting publicly

Unsolicited = I didn't want this dick/pussy/tit pic in my text/email/DM, but here the fuck it is
Unsolicited =/= omg, someone with an adult-content-focused Twitter account that I chose to follow posted some titties, how dare they!

It's illegal to run up to strangers in the park while wearing nothing but a trench coat, then whip open the coat and start doing the helicopter. It's not illegal to operate a strip club, adult toy store, or adult movie theater, with clear signage and a policy to prohibit minors. This law is about the internet equivalent of the park flasher, but you're whining that it will somehow impact the internet equivalent of the clearly marked adult venue.

Don't want to get punished under this law? Don't send unsolicited nudes. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. It's very clearly worded, but you're blowing it out of context so you can bitch about nonexistent censorship and somehow make yourself the victim without fully thinking about the reasons behind this chronically overdue law.

Since you seem to be having reading comprehension issues, I'm going to repeat the wording of it, which YOU posted to bitch about it, with some emphasis:

Sending = email, text, DM, etc
Sending =/= posting publicly

Unsolicited = I didn't want this dick/pussy/tit pic in my text/email/DM, but here the fuck it is
Unsolicited =/= omg, someone with an adult-content-focused Twitter account that I chose to follow posted some titties, how dare they!

It's illegal to run up to strangers in the park while wearing nothing but a trench coat, then whip open the coat and start doing the helicopter. It's not illegal to operate a strip club, adult toy store, or adult movie theater, with clear signage and a policy to prohibit minors. This law is about the internet equivalent of the park flasher, but you're whining that it will somehow impact the internet equivalent of the clearly marked adult venue.

Don't want to get punished under this law? Don't send unsolicited nudes. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. It's very clearly worded, but you're blowing it out of context so you can bitch about nonexistent censorship and somehow make yourself the victim without fully thinking about the reasons behind this chronically overdue law.
Ok so the word SM is concerned about is sending?

Sending means direct transmission/communication in my world too.

Ok so the word SM is concerned about is sending?

I think it's not so much that he's less concerned about it, but that he's ignoring it so he can go on his "censorship" rant.

Have read the article, and only a few responses. But, IMO, this is a useless law. Enforcement should be done as sexual harassment, lewd and indecent exposure, etc.

Far too laws being written when they don't enforce the existing laws.

This is not legal advice, I'm not a lawyer.

They're talking about Taxas House Bill 2789.

UNLAWFUL ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION OF SEXUALLY EXPLICIT VISUAL MATERIAL. (a) In this section, "intimate parts," "sexual conduct," and "visual material"

This law would make it a class 3 misdemeanor.
As in Fines up to $500 and/or a jail sentence of up to 3 months.
Other examples of class of class 3 misdemeanor include: discharging a firearm within city limits, prostitution.
Such a conviction would show up on a background check.

What really matters is how the law interrupts 'electronic transmission'. The legal definition can be different then common usage. 'electronic transmission' is also the wording they use for hacker accessing anything via computer, phones, radios, interfered, microwave, switches, buttons, cables, lasers, camera, camcorder, lidar, extra.

If you goto to a website. That website is sending images via electronic transmission. If one of those images is contains 'a person ’s intimate parts' could it qualify under this law?

If it was knowingly done, it seems like it might qualify. Because it done knowingly, and through electronic transmission.

Same thing if you were streaming video. OR if you were say putting your nudes on snapchat.

There have been times that a streamer on twitch have 'accidentally' masturbated on stream. More common is some thing like a nipple slip. If some one wanted, they could try using this law. If they could find any evidence that it might not have been an accident, then that might add some credence. Like if some one ever suggested it, or the streamer joked about doing it in the past.

I got a MMS once - some woman legs pointing to the stars with a snapshot of what you might imagine and her face. It was titled "Good morning" Local number, wondered awhile if it was some phishing scam since it was nobody I recognized (by the face), concluded it was someone fat fingering and they must be embarrassed. Deleted it, got on with my life. Presumably they did too.

I hope the law is applied reasonably by as sensible judges. So two pics before they execute - it's still Texas.

• Funny!
Reactions: AudriTwo
This is not legal advice, I'm not a lawyer.

They're talking about Taxas House Bill 2789.

UNLAWFUL ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION OF SEXUALLY EXPLICIT VISUAL MATERIAL. (a) In this section, "intimate parts," "sexual conduct," and "visual material"

This law would make it a class 3 misdemeanor.
As in Fines up to $500 and/or a jail sentence of up to 3 months.
Other examples of class of class 3 misdemeanor include: discharging a firearm within city limits, prostitution.
Such a conviction would show up on a background check.

What really matters is how the law interrupts 'electronic transmission'. The legal definition can be different then common usage. 'electronic transmission' is also the wording they use for hacker accessing anything via computer, phones, radios, interfered, microwave, switches, buttons, cables, lasers, camera, camcorder, lidar, extra.

If you goto to a website. That website is sending images via electronic transmission. If one of those images is contains 'a person ’s intimate parts' could it qualify under this law?

If it was knowingly done, it seems like it might qualify. Because it done knowingly, and through electronic transmission.

Same thing if you were streaming video. OR if you were say putting your nudes on snapchat.

There have been times that a streamer on twitch have 'accidentally' masturbated on stream. More common is some thing like a nipple slip. If some one wanted, they could try using this law. If they could find any evidence that it might not have been an accident, then that might add some credence. Like if some one ever suggested it, or the streamer joked about doing it in the past.

Thank you for actually giving a thorough explanation instead of just shouting fear mongering code words.

Thank you for actually giving a thorough explanation instead of just shouting fear mongering code words.

The way it's word, to me, it seems like it does apply to cam models. And any one else creating and or distributing ponrography.
It might apply to some one liking ponrography on facebook. Which could resulting in all their facebook friends seeing the ponrography.

knowingly is also an interesting word under the law. For instance if a customer gave a model some one elses email address, and the model sent ponrography to that address. The model knew they were sending ponrography. Does that count?

I would be really interesting to see how a lawyer interprets this law.

The way it's word, to me, it seems like it does apply to cam models. And any one else creating and or distributing ponrography.
It might apply to some one liking ponrography on facebook. Which could resulting in all their facebook friends seeing the ponrography.

knowingly is also an interesting word under the law. For instance if a customer gave a model some one elses email address, and the model sent ponrography to that address. The model knew they were sending ponrography. Does that count?

I would be really interesting to see how a lawyer interprets this law.
IMO, this is a very slippery slope. Years ago, they required adult sites to post warnings and acknowledge you are entering an adult website If it is as you interpret it, then it sets a precedence for pretty much anything anyone finds offensive.

I think is more focused on texts/sexts, Snapchat,Kik, etc. That the sender deliberately sends to someone that didnt request it.

I believe, as I stated before, this is a useless law that is already covered by existing lawstheydont enforce.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Sending dick pic unsolicited is sexual harassment. If it's illegal show your penis unsolicited in the real world, why is it alright on the internet? And honestly sending nudes unsolicited is too. Us posting nudes on our twitter wouldn't be classified. It's usually marked sensitive, and when we do send privatly there is usually a business transaction before cammodels do, so it's easy to prove the person who received content consented.

This isn't internet censorship drama queen. This is the law catching up with the internet.

Hear hear!

But I also agree that this law will likely be too vague and too broad. Texas has a history of this, using the law to enforce conservative 'family values' in a way that is totally not in spirit of the law's original intent. i really wish that this would go how we all hope it would - used to slap serial harassers for unsolicited nude pics and not as another law on the books used by pearl-clutchers to go after sex workers and consenting adults. I knew some pro-dommes back in TX and they are already working in such a legal grey area.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Hear hear!

But I also agree that this law will likely be too vague and too broad. Texas has a history of this, using the law to enforce conservative 'family values' in a way that is totally not in spirit of the law's original intent. i really wish that this would go how we all hope it would - used to slap serial harassers for unsolicited nude pics and not as another law on the books used by pearl-clutchers to go after sex workers and consenting adults. I knew some pro-dommes back in TX and they are already working in such a legal grey area.
oh for sure. i do agree with that. i have a couple highschool pals who are burlesque performers in TX and they already have to deal with a lot of bullshit pearl-clutchers. but i think maybe it was vaguely written because not a lot of people understand the internet too.

Spearheaded by the CEO of the Bumble dating app to which you can read her mission here:

Interesting, all about control, this is just the palatable tip of the iceberg.

OK , we're 3 days into this new law , has anybody been arrested yet , and if so what are their consequences ????

There's more where these came from ladies, all the Dick you want and more!!! May my tombstone read, "He messed with Texas"

162343.jpg5a40f0a63a-450.jpg220px-Richard_Cheney_2005_official_portrait.jpgDickVanPattenautographedHollywoodWalkofFametradingcard.jpgth.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.