AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Using 2 Webcams W/ a Macbook

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avakittyn_mfc

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jun 7, 2014
ATX
profiles.myfreecams.com
So I recently switched from a regular laptop to a macbook air. Before the macbook, I ran Manycam. I loved the fact that I could have scrolling text, use 2 webcams at a time, and record videos. So the first thing I did when I got a macbook was install Manycam. However, I cannot use 2 webcams at a time with their macbook version and I also cannot record videos. I really miss using 2 cams and so do the people perving my room. Anybody know of anything for Mac that does the same things that Manycam did?

ahhh you've gone mac! excellent!
I'm having the same problem, manycam for mac is not ideal. I'm trying camtwist which needs some tweaking for me but should work.

your mac comes with "iMovie" which is excellent easy to use software to record ánd edit videos.
of you want to record during shows you're better off using photobooth which is a very lightweight application (comes with your mac too) just switch it from photo to video and you can record!

if your mac so happens to not have imovie, there are plenty of legal and illegal ways to get your hands or it, I can really recommend it.

Reactions: avakittyn_mfc
Fay_Galore said:
ahhh you've gone mac! excellent!
I'm having the same problem, manycam for mac is not ideal. I'm trying camtwist which needs some tweaking for me but should work.

your mac comes with "iMovie" which is excellent easy to use software to record ánd edit videos.
of you want to record during shows you're better off using photobooth which is a very lightweight application (comes with your mac too) just switch it from photo to video and you can record!

if your mac so happens to not have imovie, there are plenty of legal and illegal ways to get your hands or it, I can really recommend it.

Awesome, thanks!! I do have iMovie!! I'll look into cam twist as well :) I'm hoping when they update Manycam, they'll upgrade it for mac too!.

Welcome to mac-land! This problem is not hard to solve... It does depend slightly on exactly which models of webcam you are using though.

Anyhow, in my case I use a c910 and a c920. The c910 i can use with the Logitech Webcam Software for mac (which i can use to record HD video with it, as well.) My c920 is not compatible with that software which is kinda lame, but whatever.

Photobooth and iMovie are both able to record videos, but they don't aaalways recognize logitech webcams. (make sure the webcam is plugged in BEFORE opening the program though, just in case.) However, in my case the built-in cam is pretty good, especially if there is ample light.

I'm unfamiliar with manycam because i found it clunky and the watermarks ugly as fuck so i never really used it. You will need to use Camtwist to make this work. I can't recommend that program enough honestly. It allows you to do picture-in-picture, it allows you to adjust your brightness and colour settings, it allows you to watermark , it allows you to force the camera to any resolution you wish (which can be very handy with widescreen cams that automatically set their own aspect ratios wrongly, lol.)

ANYHOW! The way i record videos while camming is simple, i use my c920 to cam on my camsite and i simply set either Photobooth, iMovie or the Logitech Webcam Software to record a video simultaneously with the other cam or the built-in cam.

When it comes to doing picture-in-picture, use this method.

Except obviously instead of the "livestream" software he uses as his base image, you use either photobooth or the logitech software or whatever. you don't even need to have them recording to do this, because they show a preview that you can use.

Anyhow, there you go. Allll the things. Camtwist does have a bit of a learning curve on it, sometimes it can be finicky to get it to show up as a source in every browser and the settings can be a pain to get right at first, but once you get them down you can just save them and pull them up every time automatically. Feel free to PM me if you have any trouble making that bitch work!

Good luck ^_^ :cat:

Reactions: avakittyn_mfc
I tried Camtwist when I was using a Logitech 9000 and it fucked up all of my settings in that account. Long story short, Camtwist didn't work for me.

I ended up installing Windows on my Mac (bootcamp) for the times I needed cam in cam and used ManyCam. Google "bootcamp" for more info: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1461

AedanRayne said:
I tried Camtwist when I was using a Logitech 9000 and it fucked up all of my settings in that account. Long story short, Camtwist didn't work for me.

Really Aedan? i'm curious to know more details. I used Twist with my 9000 and never had any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.