AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Veteran Models: How did you choose your main platform(s)?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2023
Hellooooo! I'm fairly new to this camming life. I started researching in early Feb, and began actually doing some live stuff in April. I've mostly been using SC and CB so far - and it's ok. But I really struggle with trying to stay busy/not boring in the main chat, especially as a newer person with lower audience. I am also not big on like impromptu/last minute things - so I don't really love jumping from main chat to privates - especially because I find on those sites people won't even contact first or ask - so I get overwhelmed suddenly staring at a blank screen, especially if the person doesn't communicate at all LOL. So I've starting not accepting them always and trying to message people, but then I beat myself up over losing the money.

Then this week I signed on on SkyPrivate and I've done a few calls that way which I LOVED, but obviously SP and CMD don't have the same kind of traffic that these other sites do, so even if I'd ultimately LOVE to entirely do scheduled/booked shows - I know that's not super realistic for someone just starting out - so I definitely need traffic help from these other sites.

I've yet to try an of the sites without the Freemium chat - the low payout percentage on SM kinda turns me off, but people seem to like it - so I'd love to hear more.

I know it's different for everyone, and everyone has their personal preferences, so I am looking less for "advice" and more just for opinions and why/how you ended up where you ended up - or if you're scattered all over, how does that work for you.

For example is there any benefit to say doing 2-3 days per week Freemium and 2-3 days per week SM type services? Or better to just put all your eggs in one style of basket? :) I know everything I've read basically said "consistency is key" which makes sense, but can you split your consistency successfully? haha

Also - how much, if any, time do you spend on self promotion outside of live camming? Like do you also have separate clip/vid sites, OF, etc. that you spend time promoting? Or do you strictly live cam and that's it?

Ok, that kind of ended up being several questions in one LOL.

Hellooooo! I'm fairly new to this camming life. I started researching in early Feb, and began actually doing some live stuff in April. I've mostly been using SC and CB so far - and it's ok. But I really struggle with trying to stay busy/not boring in the main chat, especially as a newer person with lower audience. I am also not big on like impromptu/last minute things - so I don't really love jumping from main chat to privates - especially because I find on those sites people won't even contact first or ask - so I get overwhelmed suddenly staring at a blank screen, especially if the person doesn't communicate at all LOL. So I've starting not accepting them always and trying to message people, but then I beat myself up over losing the money.

Then this week I signed on on SkyPrivate and I've done a few calls that way which I LOVED, but obviously SP and CMD don't have the same kind of traffic that these other sites do, so even if I'd ultimately LOVE to entirely do scheduled/booked shows - I know that's not super realistic for someone just starting out - so I definitely need traffic help from these other sites.

I've yet to try an of the sites without the Freemium chat - the low payout percentage on SM kinda turns me off, but people seem to like it - so I'd love to hear more.

I know it's different for everyone, and everyone has their personal preferences, so I am looking less for "advice" and more just for opinions and why/how you ended up where you ended up - or if you're scattered all over, how does that work for you.

For example is there any benefit to say doing 2-3 days per week Freemium and 2-3 days per week SM type services? Or better to just put all your eggs in one style of basket? :) I know everything I've read basically said "consistency is key" which makes sense, but can you split your consistency successfully? haha

Also - how much, if any, time do you spend on self promotion outside of live camming? Like do you also have separate clip/vid sites, OF, etc. that you spend time promoting? Or do you strictly live cam and that's it?

With the economy these days I'm putting a lot of hours into clip making and self-promo. More than ever before, and I've been doing this since 2015.

I used to only cam live on SM, because it was the site I tried, where I made the most money the fastest. The last year, I've been doing MFC too, because a lot of my older Regs are over there, they have daily pay, and I have some really busy nights there. I picked up a 2nd live site, because I got sick of contests and glitches on SM (although it's still a good site most of the month).

I'm a clips heavy model so I make a lot of clips and make half or more of my income through clips on sites like c4s, IWC, and MV. The only live sites I've ever tried are MFC and SM, so no opinions on anything else. However with all the contests, glitches and unpredictable economy, I needed a 2nd live site. MFC has been a pleasure, and very reliable for me as far as income goes. I watch my cam score and log off if it's dead though.

I strictly web cam only at the moment, but I need to change it. I want to start OF soon, not sure how lol.
I started on Chaturbate 5 years ago. It was great with the new model tag, but I had no idea what I was doing so my career there is now dead. I don't stream there anymore.
Then I was having a good few years on MFC, until about 2 years ago when the traffic got really bad.
Now I stream on Streamate which brings me the most money, BUT is the most boring to me lol. I prefer token sites, where is much more interaction going on. On Streamate I often get bored of waiting for private.
So to summarize - I prefer token sites, but private sites prefer me :D

Well at first I spent some time perving sites themselves to see what vibe fit me better. For instance I loathed token based sites with a passion so I chose Streamate. While Streamate is still my primary site I quickly realized that I also wanted to do Skype sessions so I did not have any open chat and now am branching out into some of the European sites that are straight to private. After 8 years I've learned that I do better sessions the less mentally exhausted I am and dealing with more than one customer at a time drains me. That is why I keep my rates for exclusive and group the same on SM as that encourages guys to go one on one. Also as I primarily do fetish and gfe it just fits better overall.
ETA phone sex is great for me as well.

I have cammed on 9 sites and watched models on all sites. It amazing to me how many models never do their homework and check out the site 1st. It's a personal preference. I like freemium sites and I started on streamte hated it and thought my dream was live jaz. Dont spread yourself 2 thin try them all. This is not an overnight get rich job. I split on 2 and have 1 subscription site, 1 clip site. I tried to do it all and it blew up. Be comfortable with your limits and find your niche. Cam same time everyday. I came from phone sex and thought I was 2 old, to big and did things way out of my comfort zone. Fans will.like you for you. Picking a site is the hardest part. Stick with it for 3 months and don't give up. I have some 10.00 an hour days and then 300.00 an hour days. I cam 6 days a week 3 hours. Find your right time slot too. Good luck I know I went off topic. You or anyone can always contact me i love to help. Ig coraholiday2020

I started out on MFC, but then moved over to CB. I now have CB, and OF. CB can be glitchy sometmes, but I've spent 10 years building up a following there, so I will stick to it. x

• Hugs
Reactions: anabeauty37
I cammed everywhere and just stuck with the places I was earning. Personal preference for the type site and it's interface dosnt really come into it for me, if I make money there then I'll work there, the only caveat to that is they have to have at least 2 payment methods I can get paid by (2 just incase one gets pulled I still have at least 1 way left to cash out).

I cammed everywhere and just stuck with the places I was earning. Personal preference for the type site and it's interface dosnt really come into it for me, if I make money there then I'll work there, the only caveat to that is they have to have at least 2 payment methods I can get paid by (2 just incase one gets pulled I still have at least 1 way left to cash out).
Same here, tried everything everywhere and stayed where the money was! I think I end up liking whatever brings me money because.... It brings me money... Lol. Makes the job satisfying. But that's just me.

Same here, tried everything everywhere and stayed where the money was! I think I end up liking whatever brings me money because.... It brings me money... Lol. Makes the job satisfying. But that's just me.
Yep, "I hate this site" quickly becomes "I fucking love this site" when you are earning well on there 😂

Camming on Streamate over the last 8-9 years has been reliable enough for me to stay there. I no longer cam 30-40 hrs there exclusively anymore as the years went on. I did branch out to clips/videos and hosting on sites, but I found that I just do not enjoy nor bear the skill to film consistently and pump out content. In recent years I have opened a few fan sites and currently keep up with them.

Right now I have pivoted to sexting more with SextPanther. I've got a 6 month old pupper who needs supervision at all times that I don't like to crate for no more than a 2-3 hrs at once, so sexting and being available for Skype bookings works while I'm in the living room monitoring him.

Between camming on SM (if I had to guess I was say probably around 10-12hrs a week), fan sites (OF, Fansly, just added Loyal Fans), SP, SM affiliate, it is enough to supplement my needs as I have transitioned to doing this part time. I've never been one to keep to a rigid schedule for sites. All these sites give me flexibility. Want to mention I do not stream on fan sites, just post on timeline and every 2 months or so send out a PTV.

Twitter is my sole form of promotion, and by promotion I mean posting when I'm logging online, light interaction etc.

I used to be all eggs in one basket type of gal, but having multiple baskets gives me freedom from burnout and sustainability.

Well at first I spent some time perving sites themselves to see what vibe fit me better. For instance I loathed token based sites with a passion so I chose Streamate. While Streamate is still my primary site I quickly realized that I also wanted to do Skype sessions so I did not have any open chat and now am branching out into some of the European sites that are straight to private. After 8 years I've learned that I do better sessions the less mentally exhausted I am and dealing with more than one customer at a time drains me. That is why I keep my rates for exclusive and group the same on SM as that encourages guys to go one on one. Also as I primarily do fetish and gfe it just fits better overall.
ETA phone sex is great for me as well.
The european sites lol... are they open to non-europeans? :) any interest in sharing names? haha. (though I understand if not LOL)

The european sites lol... are they open to non-europeans? :) any interest in sharing names? haha. (though I understand if not LOL)
Yes some are. I am American.
I personally am on XModels ( decent traffic but shit ppm. You can go live or private only) CamContacts ( private only slow but super easy to use & great support) am in the process of setting up my account on Babes of Oz ( Australian not European but I thought I'd toss it in there), I'm planning on MondoCamGirls ( I just need a Bitsafe account first. It is a Skype based site), SoulCams, ImLive (private only available but you must do a certain amount in free chat first), & Sex.cam which is the North American branding of XLoveCam (not private only), I tried Visit X but I couldn't figure out the interface. I might give it a go again in the future but they allow cb and payout options are a PITA so idk.
If you look up cam sites under Resources on WeCamGirls you will find a LOT.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I started my way on SC and CB, but quickly learned that they were no good for me. Then registered on bonga and created an OF. Earnings have raised and I think I'll stick to these two

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.