AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Video help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

myakisses

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 4, 2014
Hi I have read the video faq but still need some advice. I have used my webcam to make some short clips to sell but am struggling to edit out a small bit in the centre. I have windows live movie maker and whilst it will delete the beginning and end I can't get a way to cut it without creating 2 clips that I can't merge!!

I have been using media fire as a host but need somewhere more adult friendly. When you sell bundles of vids how do you create a single link to all? Thank you so much still new to camming and want to get vids going!!

I use movie maker for all of my videos. When making snips within the bulk of your video you can add movie themes or animations that will make the jump between what you remove more smooth. Hope that makes sense. Maybe try youtubing some tutorials on movie maker and that should help a lot. This is the internet there are how to do vids for EVERYTHING.

Reactions: Teagan
You need to add a transition (specifically a 'blur') between the two clips. When you go to the 'Animation' tab, it's the fourth from the left in the second row of effects. Add it to the second clip (so the one after the split) by selecting the clip, then selecting the blur effect. You can edit the length of the fade using the duration box; it defaults to 1.5 seconds, which is waaaay too long. I usually alter this to .50 or even .25 depending on the individual video and what looks right. :)

GemmaMoore said:
You need to add a transition (specifically a 'blur') between the two clips. When you go to the 'Animation' tab, it's the fourth from the left in the second row of effects. Add it to the second clip (so the one after the split) by selecting the clip, then selecting the blur effect. You can edit the length of the fade using the duration box; it defaults to 1.5 seconds, which is waaaay too long. I usually alter this to .50 or even .25 depending on the individual video and what looks right. :)

You explained that much better than I did haha I would suck as a teacher.

myakisses said:
Hi I have read the video faq but still need some advice. I have used my webcam to make some short clips to sell but am struggling to edit out a small bit in the centre. I have windows live movie maker and whilst it will delete the beginning and end I can't get a way to cut it without creating 2 clips that I can't merge!!

It's late for me so I may not be understanding what you are trying to do here for sure. But you don't need to merge at all. It will do that as it saves it to a movie format.

Bring in your clip or clips in order you want them. Hit the '+' key (plus) to zoom in on the time line. [The minus key zooms back out by the way] You'll see many more boxes appear for the video. Go to just before the section you want cut and right click and select split. Then move to just after that unwanted bit and split it again. Click on the section in between you don't want that you just split away and hit delete. Then simply save it as a movie file (with a new name to keep your originals untouched of course). You don't need to recombine the clips back together first. There won't be any gaps in between those sections.

Before you save it you can just click on the timeline before that split and hit play to see what it looks like playing normally through that jump you just deleted.

You only need to add a transition if you actually want one for some reason.

myakisses said:
Thank you so much. Jerry is that in live movie maker I've only found the ability to cut each end of the video when I split in the middle it creates 2 clips that then have no option to put back together? I'm so not good with tech lmao!!!

Whatever part you want to edit out in the middle, split it on either side (so that it's all by itself, with the two pieces of footage you still want on either side), left click on the section you want to erase, and then hit the 'Delete' key on your keyboard to get rid of it. Then follow the instructions I already posted to add the blur effect to the remaining pieces of footage to create a nice, smooth transition. If you don't add the blur effect, the footage will be jumpy and less polished, and overall won't look as nice, so I highly recommend it (even if it's just a .25 one that's barely noticeable!) :)

Here, I slapped together a picture tutorial to help illustrate what I'm trying to say (click the pictures to view them full-size):

Attachments

• tutorial1.png
    tutorial1.png
    350.2 KB · Views: 84
  • tutorial2.png
    tutorial2.png
    394.3 KB · Views: 83
  • tutorial3.png
    tutorial3.png
    398.7 KB · Views: 83
  • tutorial4.png
    tutorial4.png