AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Webcam Models Wanted!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2014
Are you a webcam model? Has this caused negative side effects or problems in your life? If so we want to hear all about it! We are currently working on a upcoming television show and want you! Please contact us at casting@triplethreattv.com and include your name and number for further questions.

Korreline said:
This is not the place.
We're not gonna give you sob stories and daddy issues.

This just fuckin' reeks of exploitation of women.

I find it hilarious that guys like this exploit and degrade us more than this job has ever done.
Camming has done nothing but improve my life, make a show about that
Instead of trying to twist our lives into some sob story to further bring down sexwork.

Not gunna happen here, buddy.

TTTV said:
Are you a webcam model? Has this caused negative side effects or problems in your life? If so we want to hear all about it! We are currently working on a upcoming television show and want you! Please contact us at casting@triplethreattv.com and include your name and number for further questions.

Who are you working for really, Jerry Springer or Maury Povich? Wait, wait don't tell me, will there be a DNA test involved? :think:

They work for MTV TrueLife. As I never saw it, do you know if it's worse than Maury or Jerry?

eclipse76 said:
They work for MTV TrueLife. As I never saw it, do you know if it's worse than Maury or Jerry?
I've watched True Life for so many years. It's more of a documentary style show, not a talk show like Maury or Jerry.

eclipse76 said:

Well it's definitely a different style of show from Maury or Jerry, which are filmed in a studio on a stage with an audience.

True Life is like where they come to you with a camera crew and follow you around and ask you questions and show how you live, like a documentary. I used to enjoy the show many, many years ago when I was a kid because I thought it was interesting to see all of the different kinds of experiences that were out there. But I'm not quite sure how it has developed or even how much of it was set up back then.

To be honest, just the fact that they have come here asking for ONLY those with negative experiences makes me feel that it's staged which is sad. I know MANY shows are staged, but I suppose I just feel like people's REAL lives really should be interesting enough! There's a small chance that they already have all of the people with positive experiences that they need and have come here asking for negative ones so they can show both sides, but I really, really doubt it.

Camming is one of the best things to ever happen in my life, I wish you would tell that sort of story instead. (Though I'll admit, I would not enjoy the wave of noobs flooding here and to our camsites that a story like that would be likely to cause.)

eclipse76 said:
They work for MTV TrueLife
You are correct, however we are not allowed to directly come out and say that yet because we are in the pre-production stage with this idea.

As for the exploitation of women, what we are trying to do is far from that. We are trying to educate viewers through a documentary style show on the negative and positive affects; as StephyyKitteh has mentioned, that webcam modeling has had on their lives.

Just for the record I had already visited their website to see what shows they made. With what I saw there combined with their interest in only the negative side of things it simply reminded me of the schlock value found in Springer and Povich.

Attachments

• screenshot.20.jpg
    screenshot.20.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 562
  • screenshot.21.jpg
    screenshot.21.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 562
  • screenshot.22.jpg
    screenshot.22.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 562
  • screenshot.23.jpg
    screenshot.23.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 562
eclipse76 said:
TTTV said:
eclipse76 said:
They work for MTV TrueLife
You are correct, however we are not allowed to directly come out and say that yet because we are in the pre-production stage with this idea.
That is strange as MTV TrueLife has already aired an episode about cam models in 2008 discussed here https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3115
I guess it's a theme that sells well then.
It wasn't directly about cam girls, though. Here was my quote from that thread.

AmberCutie said:
Frankie said:
While I don't remember any details, I remember being irked by this chick for some reason. Plus I believe she's what most people would consider an independent cam girl. She doesn't work off a site like MFC or SV, she created her own little blog where people can setup dates to cam with her. I think it'd be interesting to see the differences between an indie cam girl & a site based one.
Yeah I would really love to see a little documentary about a camsite camgirl. If I recall (I watched the episode when it was new, years ago) the "cam girl" on the episode seemed to make most of her income off of one guy who paid her rent if she had sexy online dates with him. It's more like having an online sex relationship with one person who shares money with you as if you were their girlfriend.

Certainly different than having 1000's of people watch you and chip in for your paycheck daily.

PlayboyMegan said:
Keep in mind that almost every episode of TL I've seen has shown the outside of the persons home...big safety concern there.

Plus usually their neighborhood, their friends and family, etc.
I can't NOPE out of this thread fast enough.

Attachments

• leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif
    leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif
    472.7 KB · Views: 465
Newsflash: adult workers do not need more stigmatizing pop culture pieces. What you're asking for is personal information that reinforces your narrow patriarchal expectations of sex workers. Check it out: we don't all have daddy issues. Many of us have advanced degrees and are completely capable of holding "vanilla" jobs. Camming hasn't destroyed our lives, made us miserable, or left us undesirable. There is a demand for company and sexual outlet just like there is a demand for actors and doctors and publicists, and we are meeting that demand. You are WAY out of touch if you are still trying to go with the old "sex work is inherently destructive" thing.

While I find True Life an interesting watch I also think there is an emphasis on the negative as that is often what gets ratings.

Recently I watched an episode about marijuana addiction and did some research about a girl they followed around who smoked an enormous amount of pot and found out that the whole story was not shown. It turns out that she was horrifically raped when she was young and this wasn't really mentioned. Perhaps if MTV is going to talk about addiction they should also talk about how someone got started on that path. She wasn't portrayed as someone who was struggling with PTSD, which was the real problem instead she was shown as a stoner who took huge bong rips all day. So.....not the whole story.

Dear MTV, no.....just no.

ScarlettLeigh said:
While I find True Life an interesting watch I also think there is an emphasis on the negative as that is often what gets ratings.

Recently I watched an episode about marijuana addiction and did some research about a girl they followed around who smoked an enormous amount of pot and found out that the whole story was not shown. It turns out that she was horrifically raped when she was young and this wasn't really mentioned. Perhaps if MTV is going to talk about addiction they should also talk about how someone got started on that path. She wasn't portrayed as someone who was struggling with PTSD, which was the real problem instead she was shown as a stoner who took huge bong rips all day. So.....not the whole story.

Dear MTV, no.....just no.
I recall that episode, and I remember learning during the episode that she was through some awful trauma like that which is what caused her anxiety and heavy use of weed.

"So, you're a camgirl?"
"Yes"
"Tell us, just how terrible is that?"
"Actually, it's pretty great"
"Right, right, but specifically, how does it negatively impact on your life?"
"Um, well... don't you just wanna hear about my general experience as a cam girl?"
"Of course we do"
"Well, I'm my own boss, I get to set my own hours---
"Shut it down, shut it down. God damn it, Jeff. I told you to bring me depressed cam girls. Couldn't you find some that are addicted to meth and being forced to cam against their will by their violent dealers? Or at the very least some that have had their lives ruined by a crazy stalker? This is the reality we need to document! Nobody's gonna watch a show about happy fucking cam girls filling out raffle tickets and writing the names of high tippers on a fucking whiteboard!"

I don't understand what is so wrong with doing a show/documentary about the positives of a camming career? Maybe it's just laziness by thinking it is easier to sell the negative? But I also don't see how showing a negative aspect is going to attract more viewers then showing a positive one would. I would think that the possible viewers will come from the fact that it is a show about a newer profession and it is outside the norm as far as jobs go. It's an occupation that many folks probably know very little about. In the short time I have been a member here I have read far more success stories from happy models then the opposite.
:dontknow:

Most of the few "negative impacts" that I have read about on this board have come from alleged boyfriends of cam models. Maybe those are the people to be interviewed as they often appear to be very good at complaining about the occupation.
:lol:

Brad said:
I don't understand what is so wrong with doing a show/documentary about the positives of a camming career? Maybe it's just laziness by thinking it is easier to sell the negative? But I also don't see how showing a negative aspect is going to attract more viewers then showing a positive one would. I would think that the possible viewers will come from the fact that it is a show about a newer profession and it is outside the norm as far as jobs go. It's an occupation that many folks probably know very little about. In the short time I have been a member here I have read far more success stories from happy models then the opposite.

Most of the few "negative impacts" that I have read about on this board have come from alleged boyfriends of cam models. Maybe those are the people to be interviewed as they often appear to be very good at complaining about the occupation.
I think Brad's post and JoBerry's post won my heart here... Very insightful interview Mr. Berry :D

As mentioned before, whether posed in a positive or negative light, the biggest issue for me period would have to be the complete lack of regard for safety of cammodels in the way the shows are shot. As one other girl mentioned, they show the outside of the home, the neighborhood, the family, the friends and IDK about any of you but I've travelled and lived all over the world. Something as popular as MTV would be found by so many people I know, or don't know and don't want to know, it wouldn't be funny. Granted my life isn't nearly as glamorous as I'd like to lead people to believe lol.

Reactions: Tristyn and Brad
I'd be really curious though to see what the OP has to say, though I think there's a good chance that we've chased him off (or, you know, that he would never respond honestly due to potential PR issues). I'm not sure if it's the sort of conversation that would cause me to rip my hair out or not, but I feel like I've often felt I'd love the chance to actually talk to the people who plan and do casting for this sort of thing. After all, both sides are running a business, so maybe we could talk to each other as real business people and get some insight from each other.

I think that it is as simple as the negative side being more of a draw as far as getting viewers, but I do feel the positive side our of job is INCREDIBLY fascinating. Just about everyone I've told about my job has wanted to know ALL about it and it's all from a completely positive angle. As I said before, I don't necessarily want a ton of newcomers to flood our market with extra competition, but it does get a bit exhausting that all these people from the media only seem to want to use us without representing the whole truth.

It'd be nice to hear some legitimate feedback from the OP, but I realize we're very unlikely to get it.

Brad said:
I don't understand what is so wrong with doing a show/documentary about the positives of a camming career? Maybe it's just laziness by thinking it is easier to sell the negative? But I also don't see how showing a negative aspect is going to attract more viewers then showing a positive one would.
The majority of people like having the stereotypes in their head confirmed, and not argued against.
Watching a show/documentary that puts something that they think is awful in a good light, highlighting the positives of that thing, will make them angry or confused and they'll change the channel because they don't want to deal with an opposing viewpoint. And this is incredibly sad.

Problem with trying to find cam models who have had their lives ruined and have had terrible experiences is there aren't very many.

This isn't prostitution where a bad client is in your physical presence and can physically do bad things. You can't catch diseases from camming (unless you cam with girls and aren't careful with sharing toys, most girls who cam with a guy it's a guy they know/date rather than multiple guys).

Even if you show all as a camgirl, it's still a pretty vanilla job. If a guy gets weird you ban him. You're never in their physical presence. Looking at words on a screen and dancing around is hardly damaging.

There are a few stories of girls getting stalked, but these things aren't common and happen to people who don't cam too. Like any business I'm sure there are a few who have had bad experiences, but girls who don't like it simply quit. End of story. Painting the negative sides would be an incorrect interpretation. 99% of camgirls will never come across these problems.

If you want the negative sides for me of camming:

Working for yourself means sometimes you can't be arsed to work. So you don't. Instead I do whatever I want to do. Fortunately camming makes me enough money that I can do this and still earn an above average paycheque. Sadly it means I have so much free time that I need to find creative ways to fill it!

The money is a real issue. I make so much of it that I have to keep a whole room full of stacks of cash as the bank said there was just too much of it!

Finding a boyfriend was super difficult! All the possessive, sexist dudes who treat women like objects were quickly weened out. It made things very tricky! I had to find a genuinely nice person who didn't want to control me! Hard to find! Fortunately I did and it's the best relationship I've ever had!

Because I have no boss, I can't go home and bitch about them to my friends. Sometimes realising that makes me die a little inside :crybaby:

Sometimes I get told I'm beautiful so much that my ego inflates like a balloon...

Yeah, it's a hard life! Full of negative experiences! I mean some might say all these things are good things, but I like to focus on the negative. Make things seem as bad as possible, it makes for a more dramatic entrance!

Warning! serious negative side effects I have encountered from webcamming:
Sometimes after getting paid hundreds of dollars to having multiple mind blowing orgasms I get pretty bad foot cramps. :crybaby:

ConnerJay said:
Sometimes after getting paid hundreds of dollars to having multiple mind blowing orgasms I get pretty bad foot cramps. :crybaby:

Luckily there are thousands of foot fetishists on cam sites who would be more than happy to give you a foot massage until said cramps be gone :thumbleft:

ConnerJay said:

Ahhhh I'm not the only one!!! :D agony isn't it? lol

Oh, also, sometimes after a good camming session I'm so super excited, happy and hyped up that I cannot sleep for hours! Really fucks up my sleeping pattern, but fortunately I never have to set an alarm in the morning because I'm a camgirl!

Brad said:

I'm going to say that a lot of people who are "old fashion" and "conservative" in their views of sex and sex work(this applies to a good chunk of the world) probably don't care for a positive documentary because they "don't want to encourage women to do that kind of work" and don't want it to be positively reinforced.
Adding on to that you will also have the "anti-sexwork feminists" on the case too because it's "an exploitation of women" and etc.

YES, you are right that they are pretty much being completely lazy with where they are trying to go with this, but at the same time, they probably don't want to deal with the back lash of "how dare you put down women and exploit them" and "how dare you encourage such behavior in women??? don't you know they are supposed to work $8/hr jobs blah blah" reactions.

And ohhhhh the sassy trained rolled into town~ :h:

I thought because it was for MTV, the same network that gave us Real World and Jersey Shore for example, that they might have the guts to show cam models in a positive light in spite of any possible reactions from any overly sensitive (conservative or old fashioned as Minty pointed out) people out there. But I expect you all are correct that much of the public may not be ready for that or just don't want to hear about the positives. And as Lily said, that is very sad because I think it's a far more interesting story.
:(

Uhh. This is an adult industry. And... MTV is for 13 year olds. (Ok. I know a lot of adults watch MTV, but I can name more kid who watch it than I can with adults.)

While I've never seen the show, I'm pretty sure none of us would be okay with a kid learning about what we do. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.