AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Weird PM behavior

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
Does CB allow bots that enable a model to PM a member automatically somehow, or somehow sends a targeted PM to a viewer who has above a certain amount of tokens?

Earlier today I was visiting one of the top rooms(with over 12.5K viewers), and after a few minutes I get a PM from the model saying "Hello, welcome to my room!" She appeared to be interacting with her keyboard, so I said ":hello" back, which prompts a little gif that is waving hello back to the model. After a few seconds she asked how I was doing and if I was enjoying the show, so I replied that I was doing well and that I liked the outfit she had on.

This is where it gets weird...

After a few more seconds she says "I see here that you like Latinas", followed by "Wanna spend some time with me in PVT?".

Okayy... sooo...

I'm in a room, with over 12.5K other viewers, and I get singled out by the model, who goes on to tell me that she "see's"(from somewhere) that I like Latina's, and then goes on to ask if I would like to take her private. I promptly check the user list of her room, and there are no less than 100+ Purple users in her room, with several of them currently tipping in her public show as we are chatting...and she is willing to interrupt the flow of her public show in order for me to take her private?

How would she know that I like Latina's(which I do), unless the studio was somehow keeping information on members based on previous visits to other girls in the same studio? For the record, I have my bio page set with a password to prevent a model from seeing my preferences or following me. So either the studio is aggregating data on members and somehow keeping it on record that a model can have access to, or CB is somehow providing some kind of stats to the model/studio to indicate our prior interactions.

Secondly, why would I be singled out of over 12.5K viewers, in the middle of a public show where she is actively receiving tips/tokens, for me to take her PVT(@ 30 tpm), when she was making way more than that in her public show???

I really like my privacy, but this encounter has me wondering about a few things...

Likely over-thinking this.

Was the model Latina or did you come into the room from a #latina or similar tag (which models can see)? Likely so and the reason for the question vs searching anything re you.

May be pushing pvt because the rate + what extra she expects she might get > what she's getting at the time. Yes, I have had many models in a busy room still push pvts for whatever reason. And could be that those tipping are regulars who are there all the time and will continue to tip when she returns. Or, like many on Chaturbate both models or users, she may just not be very good at math. I see examples all the time of people doing things that don't make a whole lot of sense.

Upvote 0
The model was not listed as a latina, nor did she have a #latina tag. I joined her room straight from the main page right after logging in, so no previous models visited at the time. "I see here that you like Latina's" indicates to me that she is/was reading something instead of it being an inference discerned from me simply being in her room. At any rate, I'll keep my eye out for more occurrences of this.

Upvote 0
I'm gonna make a few assumptions here, but I'm assuming you were in the room of a Latina model so they just assume you were into Latinas. It also probably the studio doing studio things and PM'ing members
Was thinking along the same lines myself. I've had so many PMs from models where someone else obviously wrote them (both hands busy etc. etc.) that I just mentally filter them out.

Sounds like the CB studio version of personalized bulk mail, and my inner cynic tells me you weren't actually singled out. A bunch of other purples probably got the same semi automatic msg exchange.

Upvote 0
Secondly, why would I be singled out of over 12.5K viewers, in the middle of a public show where she is actively receiving tips/tokens, for me to take her PVT(@ 30 tpm), when she was making way more than that in her public show???
You are forgetting the spy option, you pay 30 tks a minute, but with 12.5K getting maybe 20 'spies' even at 18 tokens a minute, she is now making 390 tokens a minute.

Upvote 0
Actually, while I agree it is most likely a studio, you can use an extension for it:

I also doubt you were the only one being targeted. I am sure all purple and light purples had the same messages or similar

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay...

I've experienced this a few more times since my OP and wanted to provide an update as to what I've found to be causing this.

In my follow-up post I stated that the model in question was not listed as a Latina, which was untrue, and apparently I was mistaken in my assumption that she was not using the #Latina tag, as a future visit to her room indicated that she was using the tag. I have a shortcut on my desktop(that I set up a long time ago) that I thought took me directly to CB's landing page for females, but after checking it seems my shortcut also contained "/tag/latina/f/", which was set when I created the shortcut while browsing that specific tag. So my apologies for that error on my part.

So, after a few more occurrences of models asking me about my likes, I decided to ask one model about how she knew I liked certain things. Apparently, whenever a member uses one of the tags at the top of the page, and then enters a models room from those rooms listed under that tag, the model is provided with the information that I joined her room from that tag list. I was not aware that CB did this, but it does substantiate my notion that the model "was reading something" to indicate that I had certain likes. So if a member joins a models room after clicking on a specific tag, the model will know that you joined her room using that specific tag. She can then better target her interaction with you if she chooses to PM you.

Upvote 0
Apparently, whenever a member uses one of the tags at the top of the page, and then enters a models room from those rooms listed under that tag, the model is provided with the information that I joined her room from that tag list. I was not aware that CB did this, but it does substantiate my notion that the model "was reading something" to indicate that I had certain likes. So if a member joins a models room after clicking on a specific tag, the model will know that you joined her room using that specific tag. She can then better target her interaction with you if she chooses to PM you.

Yes, I'd mentioned that in my response to you earlier. It shows the model the tags used and/or a few other things re how users find them when they join the room. It's more useful to know what tags/search terms bring in users than for targeting specific users. Fairly recent that Cb started doing that I think. Seems to have been added within the last 6-9 months or so. At least that's when some I know well started seeing it.

Upvote 0
Does CB allow bots that enable a model to PM a member automatically somehow, or somehow sends a targeted PM to a viewer who has above a certain amount of tokens?

Apps and Bots running on CB can 100% not access the PM window or PM functionality of CB. They also can not access the amount of tokens on your account. At best, they can record cumulative tip events over the length of a broadcast (IE: leaderboards, king tipper, highest tip, etc).

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
CB does monitor Pm converstaions and has banned models for what has been said there, and latest upgrade has produced vulnerablites in their system

Upvote 0
[...] and latest upgrade has produced vulnerablites in their system
Quite the irresponsible driveby statement to make without providing any further information. Have you notified CB about the vulnerabilities or are you too busy exploiting them?
Nevertheless, extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof.

Upvote 0
Quite the irresponsible driveby statement to make without providing any further information. Have you notified CB about the vulnerabilities or are you too busy exploiting them?

sent them series of screen shots to show the issue, which has occured on more than one occasion and to an unknown number of models. They say it is not from private when clearly they are (model is a friend and verified they were from private). Facebook removed their 'view as' option as it became a vunerabltiy and allowed access to accounts. Similar could happen here with access gained to model and/or user accounts or CB itself.

Upvote 0

sent them series of screen shots to show the issue, which has occured on more than one occasion and to an unknown number of models. They say it is not from private when clearly they are (model is a friend and verified they were from private). Facebook removed their 'view as' option as it became a vunerabltiy and allowed access to accounts. Similar could happen here with access gained to model and/or user accounts or CB itself.

Actually, this is not a new bug or glitch.
In 2016 and 2017 this definitely also happened.

A model I was really great friends with had this happen and every time the thumbnails would refresh, it would show a snapshot thumb from her private show. Like you said, instead of the static thumbnail that was last taken before going to private. It still had the "private" text in the bottom right on the thumb, and being in her room, I could not see anything, it definitely said, "Model is in a private show".

It happened quite often, nothing seemed to be specific to set it off, some models it would happen for and some it would not. I can't remember if I reported this at the time, I think i did because I can remember recording a short video for it, to show CB.

So, I for one definitely do agree this happened and like this. It didn't happen since 2017 though, so clearly in this new update they changed something or used old code which has undone the fix they created for it. However, for me, I have no seen this happen to any model since 2017, but that is not me saying it doesn't or hasn't happened

Edit:
to add and clarify, the bug I experienced for this was on the follow tab, and her thumbnail - i assume it would have also happened in the "privates" tab (you know, where you can specifically go look at every model who is in private show)

Upvote 0
Studios accounts do not have any data advantages on CB. They are usual accounts that get autotipped from all the associated models at a certain time of a day, but work exactly as a standart account outside of it.

Upvote 0
Update: CB now admit there is a problem and are trying to debug it:
"Thank you for your patience as our QA team reviewed this matter. We are still in the process of debugging this issue and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. In the interim, please feel free to provide us with any further accounts or screenshots of this matter occurring as this will greatly assist us in resolving this."
If you have any examples please send screen shots and any other info to support@chaturbate.com

Upvote 0
Support (Chaturbate)
Mar 23, 2021, 14:27 EDT
Thank you for your patience as our QA team reviewed this matter. We are still in the process of debugging this issue and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. In the interim, please feel free to provide us with any further accounts or screenshots of this matter occurring as this will greatly assist us in resolving this.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
Thank you for your patience as our QA team reviewed this matter. We are still in the process of debugging this issue and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. In the interim, please feel free to provide us with any further accounts or screenshots of this matter occurring as this will greatly assist us in resolving this.
Let's see what they find out then. I know there are different schools of thought on where and to who you disclose (possible) vulnerabilities, but generally speaking it's rarely a good idea to broadcast it to the world before notifying the owner of the system.

Upvote 0
Let's see what they find out then. I know there are different schools of thought on where and to who you disclose (possible) vulnerabilities, but generally speaking it's rarely a good idea to broadcast it to the world before notifying the owner of the system.
I sent them several emails and took 3 weeks before replying that i was wrong. I did warn them that if they didn't take action I would post on models forums as accounts could be hacked. Models have a right to know CB support can be slow and ineffective unless pressured. After i post they admit there is a problem.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.