AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Whales

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2021
What do you consider a whale? I think I landed myself in this title several years ago with really the only model I frequent. I use mainly stripchat so it's easy to tell who the big spenders are. Just curious what models consider a "whale" is.

What do you consider a whale? I think I landed myself in this title several years ago with really the only model I frequent. I use mainly stripchat so it's easy to tell who the big spenders are. Just curious what models consider a "whale" is.
Honestly that changed for me as I did better. Initially it was someone who tipped like 500-900 tokens whenever they visited.

As my income and goals increased that became someone who would regularly tip 4 figure token tips every time they visited, often multiples. And would occasionally drop 4000-10,000 or more.

Point being - i think anyone whose contributions were well ahead of the average tipper in my room, and who made up a chunk of my income for the day when they visited.

I consider a member a whale if i make 3x doing the same shit i always do. They must spend more then the standard rate. So say they take me to a 10 minute exclusive, they would have to tip an additional $200 for me to consider them a whale.

I've just been curious. I've heard this term thrown around. On stripchat when you see a guy who's level 86 in 2 days. Then then yeah. He's clearly a whale. Lol. I know what it costs to get there. I never really considered myself one. But I suppose I'm pretty consistent everyday. All of the models other regulars joke about me spending too much. Lol. I'm definitely not at the level of some of these guys dropping 5 figure token amounts everyday.

I've just been curious. I've heard this term thrown around. On stripchat when you see a guy who's level 86 in 2 days. Then then yeah. He's clearly a whale. Lol. I know what it costs to get there. I never really considered myself one. But I suppose I'm pretty consistent everyday. All of the models other regulars joke about me spending too much. Lol. I'm definitely not at the level of some of these guys dropping 5 figure token amounts everyday.
those dudes are clearly jealous because you cracked the code. more money consistently = special treatment from your favorite model. as long as you are not bogarting, you should be gravy.

those dudes are clearly jealous because you cracked the code. more money consistently = special treatment from your favorite model. as long as you are not bogarting, you should be gravy.
Yeah I'm sure I get more attention than most for it. I just do it because I genuinely have fun in her room. She's always surprising me with things I never ask for so I always feel the need to show my appreciation. Guess we both cracked the code. Lol

Honestly that changed for me as I did better. Initially it was someone who tipped like 500-900 tokens whenever they visited.

As my income and goals increased that became someone who would regularly tip 4 figure token tips every time they visited, often multiples. And would occasionally drop 4000-10,000 or more.

Point being - i think anyone whose contributions were well ahead of the average tipper in my room, and who made up a chunk of my income for the day when they visited.
It does seem relative. I know that I tip at different levels and for a couple models they see me as one of their most significant tippers - but I tip at very different levels for the 2

Reactions: Taxistheft
It does seem relative. I know that I tip at different levels and for a couple models they see me as one of their most significant tippers - but I tip at very different levels for the 2
Yeah I guess one model would only consider me a while then.

Those guys sound like they're gate keeping. They want to keep expectations low for their own benefit. I'm sure your fave is really happy you're there to break the glass ceiling. God bless the men who relieve our stress.

For me a whale would be someone who clears out my entire night's goal on a regular basis.

For me a whale would be someone who spends more than about $333 per week on me on Streamate (so $1000 per week altogether on whole site since we get 35%). I actually don't court whales, they make me nervous. But I've had a few. Also I mean regularly for a period of more than 3 months. Wow... I'm specific.

I tend to have more guys who tip huge amounts, but then disappear a while. I don't count those as whales, but they are still super appreciated and respected too.

I only really work on Streamate at the moment and I'd say either the kinds of guys who do 1hr+ exclusive shows where it's much more just chatting than sexual. Or, guys who tip over $300 in a single tip

Interesting that everyone has a different take on this! For me a whale is someone who supports me consistently, because they impact my bottom line the most. Someone who has a private show with me several times a month, or requests custom content several times where the amount equals $100+ each time is a "whale" to me.

I've had people tip large amounts and then disappear for 2 months. I do think they count as whales, but the consistency is more impactful to me, so I don't personally look at them like that.

That's not saying that inconsistent high tippers are unappreciated - not at all! But it's just how I would define whale for me. I would be uncomfortable if someone tipped me a lot for nothing in return consistently, though I think those kinds of people are the standard definition of "whale." it's what I think of whenever I see others using the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.