AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What causes audio feedback with some cam2cam members?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaclit

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Mar 11, 2011
Many of my viewers want me to hear them as well as see them, but usually there's feedback. It starts quietly then eventually erupts into something that sounds like the world is ending. I don't think it happens with viewers wearing headsets but it also doesn't happen to ALL the non-headset wearers.

So.. if anyone has thoughts, ideas, opinions, solutions on this, I'd much appreciate it :)

I am not sure but I have the same issues. The only thing I can figure is maybe the guys that some of these guys have external cams and depending on where they have their cams positioned could account for some of it or how loud they have their volume turned.

Before the model web broadcaster came into play I just point blank refused to listen to audio because of this. Since however, the few times I have put audio on, it has been as sweet as a nut. Are you using the model web broadcaster? If not, give it a whirl.

Yeah, I'm using the model broadcaster but I have this issue on all the sites, streamate, imlive too.

Elay, maybe it does have to do with high volume.. I'll ask them to turn it down a bit :)

Megaclit said:
Many of my viewers want me to hear them as well as see them, but usually there's feedback. It starts quietly then eventually erupts into something that sounds like the world is ending. I don't think it happens with viewers wearing headsets but it also doesn't happen to ALL the non-headset wearers.

So.. if anyone has thoughts, ideas, opinions, solutions on this, I'd much appreciate it :)

The microphone on one computer picks up the speakers and sends it to the other computer's speakers where it is picked up by that one's mic which sends it back. Turning off one set of speakers until it calms down will break the cycle or you can wait for the noise canceling software to pick up on it and stop it.

Reactions: Megaclit
many folks don't seem to have noise cancelling software, or if they do, have no clue about it.
I've had good luck by simply maximizing the distance between the mic/cam and speakers if they aren't built in. for the built in situations, try an inexpensive speaker plugged into the headphone jack if you dont like headphones.. As an example, you can have it close by your head if you're laying down and also that way keep the volume reduced. Most likely, its simply from the member having the volume too loud and the built in mic picking it up thus creating the doomsday sound self perpetuating loop. One girl I know has her C-910 hanging on her screen and has the mic gain so high I can hear the computer fan kick on.

Excuse me, out my way, comin' thru. Certified sound engineer here. Use push to talk if possible.

Wow that degree is earning itself.

Reactions: LadyLuna
9 times out of 10 when I'd do cam-to-cam with the UK guys on AdultWork, I'd get that loud screechy sound too. It doesn't happen when I watch cams on MFC though.

slimboi said:
Excuse me, out my way, comin' thru. Certified sound engineer here. Use push to talk if possible.

Wow that degree is earning itself.

Camsites don't have push to talk, so we'd have to do that through the webcam software. Compound that with the fact that for girls, we're usually too far away from the keyboard during a show to type even if we don't have both hands busy with the pleasuring, and we can't do it on our end. Since a lot of us have guys that won't read the forum, we'd have to spend the first bit of our session instructing them in how to set up push to talk through their own webcam, without knowing what sort of webcam they are using.

Good idea, but not a feasible solution for most girls to implement.

Edit to add: If you *do* know a way to enable push-to-talk through webcam software, I'd love to know it! I always thought that it was the other software, like teamspeak, that was allowing it.

Yes, it's the speakers getting picked up by the mic and constantly looping that causes it. It's why when I private and use my mic, I use a headset. Trust me, it's bad enough hearing myself through the model's speakers, but that's livable. Feedback is not.

Of course, I use a headset almost all the time, anyway. Which causes me to have to set every model's volume differently. Not all mics pick up sound the same way, and not all models set their mic volumes the same. I know quite a few where I can set their volume through MFC at 1%-2% and they're still loud as hell. And I keep my computer's volume set pretty low when wearing my headset, too.

Just for reference, it will be especially bad if the model or member or both are using laptops with the laptop's built in speakers and mic.

Some people don't like headphones, I know. Others would use them, but the distance from the computer can be an issue. I get around it because I am close to my computer, but I also have a 6' USB extension I can use... I use it when I use my headset on my PS3. Some computers have Bluetooth built in, though... so that could be a way to be wireless and still have a mic that won't pick up too much of the speaker volume to cause feedback. Just Bluetooth mics tend to not sound all that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.