AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What did you say your job title is to your current landlord?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2019
Hi guys,

This one is for full-time cam models. I'm moving out of my apartment next month, and I'm wondering what I should say my job title is when applying for properties. From my experience agencies and landlords can be a bit tricky when taking on self-employed tenants, so I'm wondering how you guys got around renting the place you're living in now. What did you say your job title was? Did you have to provide proof of income or evidence of your occupation? Common sense is telling me they would discriminate against this kind of work.

Thanks so much!

Reactions: cannababykush
Hi guys,

This one is for full-time cam models. I'm moving out of my apartment next month, and I'm wondering what I should say my job title is when applying for properties. From my experience agencies and landlords can be a bit tricky when taking on self-employed tenants, so I'm wondering how you guys got around renting the place you're living in now. What did you say your job title was? Did you have to provide proof of income or evidence of your occupation? Common sense is telling me they would discriminate against this kind of work.

Thanks so much!
I tell people I own an online store (if I know there’s not going to be any further ?? Like can I see it lol)

I’ve also used: video editor/photographer/photo editor. Because I know enough about these things to actually talk to people about it. So it’s easier.

I’m REALLY bad at lying so it helps none of these are a complete lie 😂

I just said I stream. They asked "oh like Twitch." I replied "yeah, like that."

Then they looked at my bank statements and said I was good to go.

Easy peasy.

Great question! I was wondering what to tell people in some far away future where someone might ask.. as of rn its a part time job for me.. Once I make it FT I considered making a fake Etsy store as a cover XD
Your options seem way easier

Not towards a landlord but my father, he is getting suspicious, he thinks I'm unemployed but he also sees that I'm not running out of money. I don't want him to think I do something illegal!

He's not familiar at all with the internet so I could tell him about anything I want, he's never going to check on his own, the problem is that he might talk about me to my brothers, and they won't be easily fooled.

I must tell him I work from home (we live a few houses apart) but I can't make up a store I don't own, if I tell him that he will ask me what kind of stuff I sell. Also, he's going to be worried if I say I'm independant now (he has always warned my brothers about the insecurities of being self-employed, he's a bit old fashioned)

I wouldn't mind lying to anyone about my job, butI feel terrible about lying to my father I really hate that, but it's best for him if he doesn't know the truth. He's Sicilian and I'm still his little girl, although I'm 37 years old. Any of you have the same problem?

Reactions: Gia_Xo
Not towards a landlord but my father, he is getting suspicious, he thinks I'm unemployed but he also sees that I'm not running out of money. I don't want him to think I do something illegal!

He's not familiar at all with the internet so I could tell him about anything I want, he's never going to check on his own, the problem is that he might talk about me to my brothers, and they won't be easily fooled.

I must tell him I work from home (we live a few houses apart) but I can't make up a store I don't own, if I tell him that he will ask me what kind of stuff I sell. Also, he's going to be worried if I say I'm independant now (he has always warned my brothers about the insecurities of being self-employed, he's a bit old fashioned)

I wouldn't mind lying to anyone about my job, butI feel terrible about lying to my father I really hate that, but it's best for him if he doesn't know the truth. He's Sicilian and I'm still his little girl, although I'm 37 years old. Any of you have the same problem?

Something that would be believable is that you work from home doing customer service. A lot of call centers let people work from home these days.

When I eventually go get my own place (living w roommates) I might say I'm a drop shipper or work-from-home-agent for a call centre. It was my last job before I returned to camming.

Look into dropshipping - I'm curious to know what you all think of that one!

Reactions: SaffronBurke
My family doesn't know, either, @Capryce - I went to fashion school, so I tell everyone I work from home doing customer service work for Nordstrom as an independent contractor (why I don't have health insurance through them or any benefits, really)..Everyone believes it. The only thing I'm not good at is ever talking about it, and I think it does make some people wonder- and mainly that's because I HATE lying, so sitting there talking about my fake job isn't something I tend to do. My daughter, in particular, has asked if I really work because I don't ever complain about work or my boss and I always have time off whenever I want!

That would be a good idea, and I used to work in a real call center :) great! Thank you @SaffronBurke
check out the site ratracerebellion or liveops to help with your cover story in case people start asking more questions where you found your at home customer service.

Thank you @AudriTwo for your advice, but I live in Europe and those sites don't exist here :)

Fortunately, I have an ex-colleague that has now opened her own small call-center and I can tell my dad she hired me ;)

Why don't you just say cam girl?
Because people, in general, cannot be trusted to refrain from making erroneous assumptions, gossiping, treating us weirdly, and judging us, based upon knowing this is our profession, (despite it being a perfectly legal occupation). It is a wise self-protective move not to disclose working as a cam person, willy nilly, to any old person we meet. It also puts us at risk of stalking, and in the very worst case assault, to be making this info available, to all whom we meet. Oh yeah, and don't let me forget, social ostracization.

Not sure if that was even a genuine or sarcastic question, but remember a sarcastic tone is hard to recognize in written only interaction, unless there is something written to the reader to indicate, that it was actually sarcasm.

Last edited:
I've REALLY been trying to ignore all the posts from *that dude* but it doesn't seem to be possible.

All his posts on here have been ridiculous at some new level.

"Why having pets around, why not telling a landlord about camming, why doing public shows, hoW mUcH dId yOu sPeNd In ToTaL on cam-girls, why do people love anal? And MFC looks like it's from 1994, btw".

Holy. fuck.

LMFAO
I wish I would have seen the thread where he asks why some people love anal. That's FRICKEN HILARIOUS!! Hahahahahahahahaha.

I think it looks more like it's from 1991 tbh (I am totally kidding, he was just so specific on the year, that it made me laugh). Why 1994, and not 1995? or the 90s @Whatman ?

LMFAO
I wish I would have seen the thread where he asks why some people love anal. That's FRICKEN HILARIOUS!! Hahahahahahahahaha.

I think it looks more like it's from 1991 tbh (I am totally kidding, he was just so specific on the year, that it made me laugh). Why 1994, and not 1995? or the 90s @Whatman ?

To be honest, it was kind of a funny response.

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise

Because, shocking concept, people like to have their applications for housingapproved.

I tell people I own an online store (if I know there’s not going to be any further ?? Like can I see it lol)

I’ve also used: video editor/photographer/photo editor. Because I know enough about these things to actually talk to people about it. So it’s easier.

I’m REALLY bad at lying so it helps none of these are a complete lie 😂
I just used photographer/editor to explain my income to a landlord and it worked like a charm, thank you!

• Hugs
Reactions: Celeste

When I tried being honest with a landlord about that, my fear was that I'd be rejected. Instead I was told "maybe we can work something out to save you some money on rent."

Status
Not open for further replies.