AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you when you have a bad month..

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel your pain, bb.

Here's what you do when you have a bad month.
Pick yourself up, do something that makes you feel like the best girl in the whole damn world, get on cam, dance that sexy little ass around, and tell them exactly WHY you are the best damn girl in the world!
Show them why!

GO GET'EM TIGER

It's poo I know! When my camscore hit the skids (1200) I started doing back to back skype shows! So 5 dudes would pay 200 tokens each then I quickly get off MFC and do the shows it really helped my camscore & I'm now at 3408! I know 200 might seem cheap (I thought so at first) but then the benefits outweighed the negatives in the end. You might want to try that for a short period like a week and see how it goes!

sexyvee_x said:
It's poo I know! When my camscore hit the skids (1200) I started doing back to back skype shows! So 5 dudes would pay 200 tokens each then I quickly get off MFC and do the shows it really helped my camscore & I'm now at 3408! I know 200 might seem cheap (I thought so at first) but then the benefits outweighed the negatives in the end. You might want to try that for a short period like a week and see how it goes!
How long did you do your Skype shows for?

when you have a bad month?

Cry.

I am doing that now.

No really... its been tough on MFC this summer. Even for the well established girls with a fan base. I'm getting one of my lowest checks yet.

Offering specials for skype is a great way to boost your popularity - I did it. It'll boost your camscore. JUST be sure to say 'this is a special to boost my camscore ONLY." So they dont think its a regular price...

I'm crying too Lolli, lets cry together!!

This summer has been awful. Last July I had my second biggest paycheck ever, but this July its scarily quiet. I hear its that way for alot of girls...probably just summer slump. :crybaby:

Evvie said:
sexyvee_x said:
How long did you do your Skype shows for?

5 minutes 200

10 minutes 300

:) Yeah do be clear they aren't your usual rates as more dudes will want the skype as they see it as a bargain!

So for skype shows, They pay in TOKENS yes?
I just might do that... I get a lot of guys asking for skype shows, They dont specify whether they want to pay with paypal [which i always decline] or if they pay in tokens.. and they leave =/

Thank you ladies for your advice.. :h: its really helpful. I do enjoy doing this and its great money is you have good days.

Only accept payment in TOKENS nothing else. The main object of the skype shows is to increase your camscore (not to make bank) cause if you have a higher camscore more people will come in your room and spend tokens (so you don't need to do skype anymore). People who pay with paypal are most likely trying to scam you or get a cheaper show. It's not worth it as you won't see your camscore rise and could get scammed.

Skype though paypal or whatnot can be scammed. If the person paying then cancels the payment within a certain amount of time (24 hours, maybe?), then you did the show for free. But, at the same time, paypal can be beneficial in that funds are moved faster, and it's a good deal or the member; as in they can pay the actual price the model gets from the same time in private without spending nearly 2x as much to get the tokens. But, the whole "if paypal finds out it is for adult entertainment they'll close your account and hold your money", coupled with the potential scamming, it's not always a good idea.

But, when it comes to skype shows, I always think that there has to be a compromise on price when it comes to tokens. Otherwise it's just as easy, if not easier, to just take the private on MFC. The model should make it worth it to the member, in time spent on skype, for the member to drop the tokens in a lump sum. It doesn't mean be super cheap, but give a little more time compared to a regular private for the same tokens.

I see some models who charge a ton of tokens for skype.... and when you do the time/token conversion compared to a regular or even true private on MFC, it ends up being way more expensive to the member. Sure, the model makes out, but, to me, it would be easier to do the private on MFC for the same amount of time. Then there's the other side, where some models charge super low for skype, and they end up losing out on potential money and the member gets away with a long show for almost nothing.

An example of each:

Too expensive for the member: I saw one model's profile, 2500 tokens for half an hour on skype. She makes out, because half an hour regular private is 1800 tokens. Even if you consider true private costs (since there will be no spies), she still makes more than half an hour of true private, by 100 tokens. Great deal for the model, not so great for the member.

Too cheap for the model: A model I have seen charges 100 tokens per 5 minutes of skype. 1/3 the tokens of 5 minutes of regular private on MFC, 1/4 of a true private. Half an hour for her on skype is only 600 tokens, 1200 less than a regular half hour private (300 less than a 15 minute regular private...) and 1800 less than a true private. It's a great deal for the member, not so great for the model.

So, a happy medium should be considered, in my opinion.

A 1000 token regular private is 16.66 minutes. So maybe for a skype, make that 1000 tip an even 20 minutes. The model would lose 200 tokens in time vs 20 min regular private, but the member sees it as a discount worth dropping the 1000 down in one tip. But it's not so huge a discount that the model loses out on a ton.

Also, you don't always have to do skype shows right away, unless it is definitely just to get your camscore up; in which case getting the tip and logging out is beneficial to the model. They can be scheduled for when you aren't going to be on MFC, thus helping mitigate any potential tip/private/group losses by going to skype. I've scheduled skype shows in the past, but not every member will be willing to schedule. So for the scheduling part, maybe just for regulars. (I do realize from the sound of the OP, she is a new model, and therefore doesn't have many if any regulars, yet.)

Just my thoughts on skype shows, though. They're fun, and can be more intimate in nature than a private on MFC, but the model and the member need to be able to see the benefit of the skype shows (camscore or the model, more intimate time for the member).

When I have a bad month, I just push extra hard as soon as the next month starts! This month is a bit "under-par" for me as far as how much I think I'll end up bringing in, but not necessarily "bad" or "slow". I know I'm just not putting in full effort and saving some energy for making a push for top20 next month, so I'm mentally and emotionally prepared to not make my usual goals and ranks.

But when I do have a very slow or bad month, I spend time that month deciding what to do the following month to step it up. Plan some new games, some new incentives for people to tip well. Plan a schedule I can stick to and that works for my regulars. Make a new pic set, make a video, etc to sell the next month. Then as soon as midnight hits, I hit the ground running!

The hours I usually get online is around midnight - 5am pacific time.

so far this pay-period.. im totally blanking on what its called lol...
I've made about $25 :(

I've just become so terribly frustrated when I end up going days/weeks without a single tip.

But... This skype idea sounds good... I'll probably try it out. My camscore has always been steady between 500-600 ugh.
I need to make a layout and images for my profile.. That usually helps with appeal, right? Lol.
Definitely need to take pictures, I just need somebody to help me with that.

It's been a rubbish month so far for me too, I've gone from about 4000 token minimum a night to making like 1500, I'm not sure what it is exactly, but none of my regulars seem to have the money, other regulars haven't been online, and I haven't had anyone new tipping in my room, really weird and I'm hoping it's not going to last!

Skype shows it depends what you're doing it for, like in your case you need your camscore up and need the tokens, then it's a good idea doing it for cheaper than a private, but for models with an alright camscore charging same as a true private is fine, as really, they have little interest in going into skype over privates, why should skype be cheaper just because it's off mfcs?

Things like that are only for promotional purposes, I've done things like Skypes for vouchers when i've really needed stuff, or done cheaper skypes, a lot of guys seem to think that suddenly means they'll always get the price and get very shitty when you remind them that's not the case. So just make sure they know it's a deal lasting a week, maybe 2.

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Isabella_deL

Reactions: princ3ssdaisy
Remember when you set your topic to TALK IT UP. I dont know if you're doing this or not.. just setting a topic is not enough. You gotta talk about it! I notice I can put a vid deal in my topic and sell very little even if its a fantastic deal. However if I start talking about the vids, showing previews (i will flip my cam around to show the screen) and talking about the regular prices and mention that the tokens come off the topic... all of a sudden (most times) i'm selling them like hot cakes!

If you dont act excited about the deal.. it wont work so well.

My 2c.

also 200 tks for a 5 min skype show isn't a mega discount (to me anyway?)

It's only 5 mins. Many guys need longer than this to get off...
and its only 100tks off the price of regular pvt?

If i was doing a special on skype shows to help bring in the tokies, i'd do something like 500-600tks for a 20 min skype
2000 tks for 1 hr. While it might seem cheap, its also '2000tks quick!'

When I have a bad month on one site, I split my time between a couple sites that I use and make sure to push my clips4sale store like crazy. If MFC is slow for me, I'll do Streamate for a few hours and then get back on MFC to finish out my night. Usually works well. :)

When I have a bad month, I dont take days off.
June was awful for me, so July I had one day off cam in the whole period. Made sure to get online every. day. at. the. same. time. I put all my videos on sale frequently, and my camscore went up 1200 points, and I had one of my highest earning periods.

... as a member who has been pretty close to models before, I have seen far too many 'bad days' - or even 'bad months'. I could definitely empathize with how stressful camming must be.

One of the things that I've seen more seldom picked up is how it affects your mood. Never let a bad day, or even a bad month make you feel too bad about yourself! It's not your fault. As a quick tip - if it ever gets to a point where the stresses of camming ever get to be too much, make sure you have somebody to talk to about it! - whether that's a forum (*cough* models' only section *cough*), or just a friend on MFC. As long as you're having fun in the room, tokens should roll in faster than if you're not.

As Jessi has already briefly touched, consistency is key - if you're logging on at erratic times, it's much more difficult to build any sort of fan-base, especially one that's willing to tip. But having said that, also never under-estimate the value of those that don't, or can't tip either! Some of the most successful rooms, like Eva's and Amber's, are always fun and enjoyable to the member even if they can't afford to tip. I do think that's partly why they're successful, because when members have a blast in a room, they feel more comfortable with tipping and therefore want to tip.

If your room is countdown orientated, a quick tip would be - 'never make it a hard sell'. If it goes slow, consider making it fun by doing activities that contribute towards it - whether it be a 'marker's night', or Eva's 8trains (which are hilariously fun), or just song-requests. If you have videos, you could also promote sales by either doing offers, or using a prize wheel. As mentioned in this post, there's a lot of games and activities you could enjoy on slower nights.

To summarize, I think a lot of slow rooms could do better by maintaining a positive atmosphere - you're not on MFC solely for money, you're on MFC to have fun too. It's a key part of what makes MFC so great and appealing to us, too.

EDIT - oh, and don't forget that sometimes a timezone change could definitely help. I'd think one of the sweet spots is around 3-4pm PST - it's early enough for some Brits to be on, and just in time for a lot of Americans/Canadians to be on as well. It's a bit more competitive at that hour, but there's a lot more of a potential client-base that could flock towards your room too.

Just stay positive, and good luck!

Hornygods you have such a point about keeping cheery etc. It can be very tricky as if people tip, you feel happy and upbeat even if you were in a terrible mood before, more people come in, you get new regulars, everyone loves you! woop!
But then I might come online in a really good mood, then no one tips, I have no regulars to support me and a room full of crap, non chatty freeloaders. When this happens, keeping upbeat, carrying on moving around/keeping active on cam is stressful and can bring you down loads! A lot of it is about believing in yourself, believing you can do it, and the whole 'keep calm and carry on' routine. But we're making money out of the whims/sexual frustration of men, which is always going to be unpredictable, and a large part of it is simply luck of the draw! If you just so happen to be the type of a very rich man who's happy to be on mfcs for a while and spend lots of money there and he enters your room, then you're sorted, camscore will go up, other's will tip as (no offence) people can be sheep.

Really you've just got to try and make sure that every time someone pops into your room it's a good/interesting experience. Keep positive however hard it is. If things are running slowly, get up and dance, entertain yourself if you have the energy, sometimes I paint, boring to watch for many, but it calms me down and keeps me busy.

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Isabella_deL

Reactions: princ3ssdaisy
... yeah, I've stressed the 'upbeat' part a lot because it's such a fundamental part of the MFC experience.

Premiums, or at least the desirable ones, tend to enjoy hanging around in rooms that make them feel happy - that's part of the reason why they tip in the first place. It is pretty difficult to have a good time if the model acts mopey and disappointed at the lack of progress - it won't pick up that way. This goes especially so if the topic is being mentioned more than necessary - it'll only serve to kill the atmosphere for discussion for members that are talkative but can't afford to tip, leaving awkward silences. I'd think mentioning the topic a lot undermines the generosity of members too, as if to implicitly say 'I deserve more gifts than this' (especially if the model explicitly says 'within 'x' minutes', or I leave)

Chat rooms are enjoyable when they're focused around having fun with banter, being playful with activities and just... talking. I would imagine that it's easier to get the grip of for models if they could afford to spend a thousand tokens or so on the site to get a feel for why people tip/hang around/talk - just think, if you were a member that's a tiny bit lonely, what qualities do you find that captures your attention in a room?

I do understand that some rooms are less fortunate, and they lack regulars - that's why I also stress the importance of supportive networks. If a model's cam score is under 500, I think it might be necessary to use other tricks to get a quick cam-score boost before any radical changes could be made, the low-camscore hole is a very difficult one to dig out of.

Sometimes, if responding to assholes, using sarcasm to humiliate them works better than a blunt response. It could just make someone talk.

*went on a tangent, too many thoughts racing through mind, I'm sorry!

Reactions: LadyLuna
Miss_Lollipop said:
also 200 tks for a 5 min skype show isn't a mega discount (to me anyway?)

It's only 5 mins. Many guys need longer than this to get off...
and its only 100tks off the price of regular pvt?

If i was doing a special on skype shows to help bring in the tokies, i'd do something like 500-600tks for a 20 min skype
2000 tks for 1 hr. While it might seem cheap, its also '2000tks quick!'

While the 200 for 5 mins isn't a mega discount, you also have to remember that the model in question could be saying 200 per 5 mins of skype-- or should word it that way if it's what she means.

So 10 mins is 400, 200 less than a regular 10 min private. 15 mins is 600, or 300 less than a regular 15 minute private. The more time bought, the higher the discount goes. So 25 minutes at 1000 tokens is a savings, to the member, of 500 tokens, or nearly $50, depending on the token packages they can buy.

If she means 200 per 5 minutes, then she could potentially get someone who wants a decently timed show to drop the tokens.

Your own special is very cheap, but, as you said, it gets the tokens very fast-- which would be why you'd do that type of special. Hell, if I had the extra cash and a model I wanted to skype with offered 2000 tokens for an hour... well, saving 1600 tokens for an hour of time would be worth it, to me. One model I haven't seen in a while offered the same type of thing.... $100 through paypal for 1 hour. Which is the same as what you would make with your 2000 tokens for an hour.

Of course, as soon as I had the extra cash for that, I stopped seeing her on MFC. :woops:

Status
Not open for further replies.