AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What does a mod on a CB room do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2023
so what does a mod do? A model turned me into a mod, with just "be like a policeman" for instructions.

So what do I do specifically? Never wanted to be one lol, and I'm certainly not the best level headed guy for this. Do I have to hang out in the room longer? like for the whole time she's there? do i need to liven up the chat?

Thanks in advance

so what does a mod do? A model turned me into a mod, with just "be like a policeman" for instructions.

So what do I do specifically? Never wanted to be one lol, and I'm certainly not the best level headed guy for this. Do I have to hang out in the room longer? like for the whole time she's there? do i need to liven up the chat?

Thanks in advance
If you dont want to be a mod then ask the model to remove you as one. From the "be like a policeman" I think she just expects you to help silence bots and people trying to cause trouble. You arnt under any obligation to do anything though or spend more time than normal in the room, your first priority on a cam site should be your enjoyment,

Thanks man.

I can't deny the request though lol, it kinda feels like being asked to be a godfather by a friend.

So what do I do specifically?
Ask the model to clarify their room rules, and expectations of you; remember it's their room, their rules. Never overstep those expectations.
Never wanted to be one lol
As @KingMarti said well (above), you don't have to accept it, especially if you feel this may change the dynamic, or your enjoyment of being in the room.
and I'm certainly not the best level headed guy for this.
Probably a good reason to reconsider then. With the ability to silence others, you need to be objective and consistent.
Do I have to hang out in the room longer?
No, visit as you would do no matter what colour your username.
like for the whole time she's there?
No
do i need to liven up the chat?
No, that's not up to a mod. Members engaging with the model is what livens up the chat. And mods that try, by acting like it's all about them, thanking users for every tip, filling the chat by spamming GIFs (especially the 'c'mon guys, tip!!' form of *encouragement*), do a lot more harm than good.

Thanks in advance
How do I fulfill my duties as a mod?
support.chaturbate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035419172-How-do-I-fulfill-my-duties-as-a-mod-

Ask the model to clarify their room rules, and expectations of you; remember it's their room, their rules. Never overstep those expectations.

As @KingMarti said well (above), you don't have to accept it, especially if you feel this may change the dynamic, or your enjoyment of being in the room.

Probably a good reason to reconsider then. With the ability to silence others, you need to be objective and consistent.

No, visit as you would do no matter what colour your username.

No

No, that's not up to a mod. Members engaging with the model is what livens up the chat. And mods that try, by acting like it's all about them, thanking users for every tip, filling the chat by spamming GIFs (especially the 'c'mon guys, tip!!' form of *encouragement*), do a lot more harm than good.
thanks pretty useful.

lol it's a cultural thing I guess. But It's one of those things that people give you because they trust you and they feel it's something they have to do to like make the trust real, and you just have to take it. It kinda feels like that.

like getting a lava cake when you're on a diet, is a bit closer I think.

How do I fulfill my duties as a mod?
support.chaturbate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035419172-How-do-I-fulfill-my-duties-as-a-mod-
Got to say that I think a few of the suggestions in that linked guide should be avoided, and leave it to each model that decides to grant someone mod rights, to explain how they want them to behave.

Reactions: Hiunds
I am not in CB but these roles exist on Stripchat too (called knights).

My experience is that models will knight a user for one of these reasons (or a combination of a couple of them) - to reward a frequent visitor/tipper, to try to increase visits/tips from a regular, to reward a user who tips and also is nice/funny/supportive/they are friendly with. I have rarely seen a case where a model NEEDS the help managing their room, but maybe that is a reason too. Since user names of knights show up on their profile, I suspect some models “collect” Royal/red level users (top tier on SC) to look impressive too.

I have been knighted maybe 30-40 times. I never ask for it and if the model asks me (this is rare, usually they just do it) I am sure to tell them that it won’t make a difference in how often I visit/tip to avoid misunderstanding later.

The only “knight functions” I perform if I am in the room are 1) silencing rude users, and 2) telling freeloading grays they need to tip when they make demands. I figure these are useful. Often freeloaders will find another room if they see someone is going to call out their behavior when they make demands.

If you want to mod/knight, go for it. But I would agree that the cheerleading function some use in the role is annoying as shit so tread lightly there. And don’t get too hung up on either the power or the thought that being made a mod/knight means anything more than the model trying to build deeper engagement with a good regular. There have been plenty of cases where I have slowed down my visits and was removed as a knight pretty fast (which is all fair game, the model didn’t get what she hoped for out of knighting me)

lol it's a cultural thing I guess. But It's one of those things that people give you because they trust you and they feel it's something they have to do to like make the trust real, and you just have to take it. It kinda feels like that.

like getting a lava cake when you're on a diet, is a bit closer I think.
Im catholic i know what being a godparent is. But thanks for the mansplain lol.

Wat as in being responsible for a child's life/spiritual journey and being turned into a mod on a sexsite are batshit crazy comparisons.

I am not in CB but these roles exist on Stripchat too (called knights).

My experience is that models will knight a user for one of these reasons (or a combination of a couple of them) - to reward a frequent visitor/tipper, to try to increase visits/tips from a regular, to reward a user who tips and also is nice/funny/supportive/they are friendly with. I have rarely seen a case where a model NEEDS the help managing their room, but maybe that is a reason too. Since user names of knights show up on their profile, I suspect some models “collect” Royal/red level users (top tier on SC) to look impressive too.

I have been knighted maybe 30-40 times. I never ask for it and if the model asks me (this is rare, usually they just do it) I am sure to tell them that it won’t make a difference in how often I visit/tip to avoid misunderstanding later.

The only “knight functions” I perform if I am in the room are 1) silencing rude users, and 2) telling freeloading grays they need to tip when they make demands. I figure these are useful. Often freeloaders will find another room if they see someone is going to call out their behavior when they make demands.

If you want to mod/knight, go for it. But I would agree that the cheerleading function some use in the role is annoying as shit so tread lightly there. And don’t get too hung up on either the power or the thought that being made a mod/knight means anything more than the model trying to build deeper engagement with a good regular. There have been plenty of cases where I have slowed down my visits and was removed as a knight pretty fast (which is all fair game, the model didn’t get what she hoped for out of knighting me)
I was really hoping to get a chance to tell people to tip before they unzip, but the room's pretty quiet and that may be frowned upon.

thanks for the insight man.

As a mod, I monitor chats for anything inappropriate or rude and encourage tipping. Also, I work with the model to update goals and menu items and hashtags and other performance changes.

Reactions: sponkel
Status
Not open for further replies.