AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What draws you to a room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can attest to Smuser being neither cheap nor only a patron of top models

to be fair- the question is what drew an individual to a room - not, is their opinion and personal tastes right or wrong
from personal experience I sometimes look at trending rooms and it makes me curious as to what is causing an influx of people at that time
or chill in the lounge which I loathe (are there different levels based on points?) and watch previews- if something looks interesting (dildos in every conceivable place/an enormous jenga tower/or someone that genuinely looks happy)
I like quirky avatars- or very artful ones- and to be totally fair I'm a straight woman that appreciates beauty uniqueness and individuality of other women- so i'm not the market most girls are after.
I definitely preview to see if it looks like she's having a good time.

or chill in the lounge which I loathe (are there different levels based on points?)

Yes, there's at least two levels of lounges, if not three. I think lounge, lounge1K, and lounge10k. or, something like that. Unsure of the differences, if any aside from access to them via points.

Yes, there's at least two levels of lounges, if not three. I think lounge, lounge1K, and lounge10k. or, something like that. Unsure of the differences, if any aside from access to them via points.
i figured there had to be and I had to be in the low tippers one because it was pretty dreadful and I always saw the same guys in there complaining about absolutely everything and being mean enough I almost didnt even try to cam

• Wat?!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
i figured there had to be and I had to be in the low tippers one because it was pretty dreadful and I always saw the same guys in there complaining about absolutely everything and being mean enough I almost didnt even try to cam

For those reasons alone, I avoid the lounges. Too many people downtalking models, trying to share vids they have of different models, etc. Just overall not a good place to be.

I didn't know you were camming now. Last I saw, it didn't have a "Last broadcast" date for your mfc profile. Congrats! I hope it went quite well for you. :)

For those reasons alone, I avoid the lounges. Too many people downtalking models, trying to share vids they have of different models, etc. Just overall not a good place to be.

I didn't know you were camming now. Last I saw, it didn't have a "Last broadcast" date for your mfc profile. Congrats! I hope it went quite well for you. :)

thank you- it could be summed up in "I didn't die" haha

Regarding MFC Lounges:

It is worthwhile to use the lounges in my opinion, because it gives me a chance to have a look at the new models without having to change my main preview settings back and forth every single time I want to see who is new. It has its advantages, for me at least.

Since nobody has provided a useful answer I'll be first

1. Good thumbnail. Usually full body can be naked or not. Helps if the thumbnail is of some activity other than sitting or standing since you'll probably be doing a lot of that in the room. Pictures like licking ice cream or running on a beach or something that shows playful but sexy between the lines are the best.

2. Free pics that show your body shape(again naked or not) so I don't have to ask you to stand up for me to know what you look like. Pictures of your toys or if you have exotic outfits (This is a must if you're a roleplayer or promoting yourself as a cosplayer)

3. Fetish info FIRST on the profile. Show me what you WANT to sell me. Keep what you want to sell me sexy.

4. Keep your schedule. It kills me when I'm horny at 8pm the model twitters they'll be on schedule and poof they disappear for the night. Loyal customers want loyal models.

5. Don't have a NO, without an alternative. Don't want to hump a pillow? Then WHAT WILL YOU DO? People can understand NO but you're losing a sale if you don't redirect it somehow.

Bad way;
" Can you stand up so I can check you out?", "No!!"

Good way;
"Can you stand up so I can check you out?", "xx tokens or look at my profile, I have a body shot there"

6. Don't shame me for being horny. I want to come in your room tell you what I want to be satisfied and for you to either tell me how much you want for it or if you can't do it. I don't want to be your friend and saying I want to see your tits or ass isn't being impolite it's business.

7. (this is for social site models) Tell me your pvt rules CLEARLY on your topic or your profile. Is there a minimum time? Is there a "pvt time" scheduled during your night for people can take you pvt?

8. When you make a goal set a time for it. Why would I pay into your goal if I'll be asleep before you actually do it? This is a major reason members don't pay into room goals. There are models I've NEVER seen a goal show performed because I'm not going to sit for hours waiting for it.

9. Don't nickle and dime me. If I'm asking something that will lead you to making money ANSWER IT. If you make me "all request in a tip note" I'm going someplace else. I'm not paying you to find a way for me to pay you again.

I have more but I got bored writing this much.

It's all fine until this point. If someone already spares a nickle or a dime it's more likely they will you know...
Actually buy something.
Instead of asking endless questions. Windowshopping is fine but the standard service is already in the menu. Buy or fuck off.

It's a nickel, man. You can spare a bloody nickel if you want to spare another 20 bucks on the service. Treat it like a deposit.
And you are not finding a way to pay - you are interested in the service that you want to pay money for. You are paying that nickel for her time. That she isn't getting paid for by the way.
I hate this attitude "I have a fat wallet, now do as I say bitch".

I am going to give an honest answer, that is risky here :)

In my notes on mfc I have a scoring system. This may be waaayyy more info than you want but you asked. These are not all the categories I do my personal scoring with but for sure the main ones.

Face - I have my preferences but hair looking nice, a little make up. You are among thousands of camgirls you need to look above the norm to stand out, it honestly does not take a lot. Accent the eyes, it makes a difference. If you have some great photos, with great close ups then make sure you put them on your profile. A good profile makes a difference for those that pay, we look. Your thumbnail is your front door to your room and a great face shot would attract me. Just a body shot for your profile/thumbnail is not as interesting as a great, and preferably current face shot.

Body -
Ok, I know what we like is as diverse as the stars in the sky but for me to hang out with you I at least to know if your type is my type. As mentioned, a variety of pics in your profile to help me understand your shape makes a huge difference. If I have to guess what is under your tshirt and sweatpants. I probably will not stick around long

Attitude - A great fun attitude can always win me over. A great smile is PRICELESS. IF you are in a funky mood, and I get you can be, your human. Then don't just sit on cam. Take a break. This is fantasy and i want a happy one. If you need music, games, good chat in your room to help you with your attitude/vibe then be you and do it. Whatever works for you works for your room

Room - Ok, now for the technical, good audio, good lighting. A good room, a mirror is always a nice touch. Nice color. Also the vibe of the other members, good chat. No one troll dominating, use the ban when needed. The difference good light and audio make is tremendous. Invest in some photog lights and a good usb microphone. It makes a HUGE difference.

Chat - TALK, don't type back answers when we can hear you typing. It slooowwwws the pace of the room down. Say hi if I say hi. Do not check A GAZILLION PM, Instagrams and snaps. I get the social media demand but don't let it dominate your time on cam. PM's unless paid for are a waste of time.

Lingerie/outfit - A great outfit is always nice. I do not need to see you topless to be in your room. I love lingerie but there are a lot more sexy options. The best girls on cam have a variety of outfits. Again you are one of thousands, you have to do a little extra. It does not take alot to be above average.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MissGinger
Don't speak for everyone. You should had written, "Dude, the reason I can't give you a specific time is because I never know how long it will take to reach countdown that night".

I know many models that can successfully set a time when they will perform on a social site. There are many ways to go about meeting a schedule or accommodating a member that can't stay a long time. There are models that use this site that manage this as well. If you think it's impossible maybe ask in your MO section and get some creative ideas of how to accomplish this.

For the second part of your comment. Drawing in member and actually getting them to buy products are completely separate things. If you succeed to drawing in members be sure you still have to separate the window shoppers from actual spenders. This thread is asking what brings you to the doorway in the first place and not what will make me actually purchase something.

I will offer my opinion about show goals. I believe many models do not use the information available to them very well. They set prices and goals based on what someone 'told them' but you can't ignore your rooms economic makeup. Both MFC and CB, you can see every members available tokens. Use that information when deciding things for a night like your goals. You're always going to be waiting if you set goals separate from the the realistic token pool of your room.

I'm going to have to correct you. You cannot see members available tokens on CB. You can sort by tokens, in the user list by order. But it doesn't tell you the current balance of their amount. Someone could be holding 1 token and still seem at the top of the user list, depending on who else is there.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaffronBurke
"Token pools" are not economic information. They are just not. This idea calls for a full retraction on your part. It is highly erroneous. It is not an example of anything more than misinformation.

Trial and error, and observing other models are much better ideas I think when it comes to a model deciding how they want to run things.

I have had two different models now ask me "what am I doing wrong?" because a guy came in, showing high levels on CB/lot of tokens on MFC, then either left without tipping or tipped very little. I have also seen guys who go in showing a lot of tokens, tip very little, and see if they can rely on their "token pool" as you call it, to get a model to cater to them. Any tipper who has the courage to be honest will tell you, showing tokens is an excellent way to correct a wayward model.

Encouraging models to pay attention to the tokens showing in their room is folly.

How do you know this for a fact?.

I think all information is valuable.

Image two rooms
Room A
5 members with > 2000 tokens and 10,000 reward points
5 members with 200-500 tokens and <1000 reward points
5 members with 0-100 tokens and 20 reward point
Room B
15 members with 0-100 tokens and <20 reward point.

Room A is helluva of a lot more profitable than Room B despite having less premiums. I'd think models could and should adjust everything from their willingness to stay on cam to their countdown goals based on how many tokens are visible. If it is slow and the guy with 100 tokens and 20 RP is asking to take you private you can probably ignore him. The guy with 2,000 tokens and 10K rewards you should treat more seriously.

Now, maybe I'm wrong and some models have performed a detailed analysis between the size of the token pool in her room and the tips over the next hour and found no correlation. But common sense says it matters.

How do you know this for a fact?.

I think all information is valuable.

Image two rooms
Room A
5 members with > 2000 tokens and 10,000 reward points
5 members with 0-100 tokens and 20 reward point
Room B
15 members with 0-100 tokens and <20 reward point.

Room A is helluva of a lot more profitable than Room B despite having less premiums. I'd think models could and should adjust everything from their willingness to stay on cam to their countdown goals based on how many tokens are visible. If it is slow and the guy with 100 tokens and 20 RP is asking to take you private you can probably ignore him. The guy with 2,000 tokens and 10K rewards you should treat more seriously.

Now, maybe I'm wrong and some models have performed a detailed analysis between the size of the token pool in her room and the tips over the next hour and found no correlation. But common sense says it matters.
Hmm. Maybe you are right. Somebody ought to write a computer program that monitors a models visible token pool, and tells her exactly what to do based on the available data. What to set her goals at, how long before she can leave, etc.

• Funny!
Reactions: Shia
In my experience, premiums with the most tokens showing tend to be the cheapest. I will not play mind games with myself trying to "prove" myself to them anymore than I try to prove myself to anyone that happens upon my room. I've tried it; that attitude left me bitter and feeling used. Which, ironically, isn't a great place to be when someone who actually feels like tipping comes in.

In my experience, premiums with the most tokens showing tend to be the cheapest. I will not play mind games with myself trying to "prove" myself to them anymore than I try to prove myself to anyone that happens upon my room. I've tried it; that attitude left me bitter and feeling used. Which, ironically, isn't a great place to be when someone who actually feels like tipping comes in.
Not now sweetheart, men are doing math.

Hmm. Maybe you are right. Somebody ought to write a computer program that monitors a models visible token pool, and tells her exactly what to do based on the available data. What to set her goals at, how long before she can leave, etc.

I know you are kidding, but the reasons that Amazon, Google, Facebook are making billions and their founders are all billionaires are because these companies perform exactly these type of calculations constantly.
Now, I wouldn't be holding my breath to get a beta copy of the CamGirl Token Optimizing (TM) app anytime soon.
I certainly have heard models saying that same thing as Veronica. I have no doubts it can be annoying as fuck to deal with the asshole with 10,000 tokens who promises you that if you do XYZ he'll tip 5,000 but actually only tips 50.

I suspect there is some confirmation bias going on. There were probably ten premiums with couple hundred tokens also in the room who tipped zero, you just don't remember them, and didn't pay attention to their promises.
The fact remains that if there are two members who've been on MFC a year. One guy have 5,000 tokens and 10,000 reward points and the other has 500 tokens and 1,000 RP, the first guy has been ten times more generous than the second just not to you. That is math.

The fact remains that if there are two members who've been on MFC a year. One guy have 5,000 tokens and 10,000 reward points and the other has 500 tokens and 1,000 RP, the first guy has been ten times more generous than the second just not to you. That is math.

While it may be basic math, it is also not an indicator that said member will tip at that particular time. Only that they may.

Too many are hung up on numbers. The simplest way to look at it would be along the lines of what Veronica said. Treat everyone pretty much the same, regardless of tokens. The exception might be where it is a member whom is a regular that actively participates and does well in the room. Not that they should get premium or special treatment. Rather along the lines of a known friend/acquaintance in a room full of strangers.

The simple truth is that there is no 100% guarantee that a model will pull the same numbers consistently day after day. I know of one top model whom had a hell of a day recently, followed by the next session one of her lower days in a very long time.

1. How do you know how many points/tokens they have?
  2. How do you capitalize on this information?

Ive definitely bought tokens as a member to tip on the spot- even if mfc makes me mental and flags my member account as fraudulent literally every single time as fraudulent AFTER my initial token refill which makes me insane.
this last time was because I kept putting an old card number in because I forgot to shred the card -old non-chip card- still my fricken account.
this has been through several different credit cards too- i dont see a rhyme or reason to it.
nother time was using my husbands card on a joint account because my card for that account was destroyed.

anyway- whenever Ive been without tokens and had some issue- Ive always gone back and offline tipped-

now- obviously you can look at my points to get a feel for my spending but my member account is very young,

Truly regretting signing for MFC now. So you are telling me men can sit for hours and view cams, not even entering the room? Not even mentioning spending anything.

Truly regretting signing for MFC now. So you are telling me men can sit for hours and view cams, not even entering the room? Not even mentioning spending anything.

Yes. But, MFC isn't the only one, as CB and a few other sites have it where you can view as a guest without ever logging on. But, honestly, this shouldn't be a surprise to you had to expect this with MFC based upon the name alone, as well as I would imagine it with the agreements you have to read and sign before broadcasting.

Yes. But, MFC isn't the only one, as CB and a few other sites have it where you can view as a guest without ever logging on. But, honestly, this shouldn't be a surprise to you had to expect this with MFC based upon the name alone, as well as I would imagine it with the agreements you have to read and sign before broadcasting.
There's a difference between dealing with guests - you can mute them, kick them, block them - and having people watch you from somewhere else out of your control. As for CB you can block any extras like that with bots. You can also put a password on your show if you have a couple of regulars and want to trim the amount of free viewing.
I've heard about the lounge before but I thought memebers had limited privilages in it. Because that would be reasonable.
Also the name means absolutely nothing - it could be spun into "cams are free but you have to make an account to see them" or "cams are free but you need to tip her to do something interesting".
Just the fact that cams are free is a privilage in itself.
It's nothing but exploitation to expect a model to put 100% into her show and watch her from a place that she can't possibly make money from to produce her content. MFC's not member's.

Last edited:

I wouldn't call it math. If anything it's different variables. But just because they have a lot of tokens, doesn't mean they are going to spend. You might be able to make more from the guy with lesser tokens then the other. Also from my experience, it's best to pay attention to the person who is paying atm, instead of the ones who may. Sometimes the guy who has spent the most on you in the past can turn into the biggest freeloader over night. I treat all members the same. Just some random dude on the internet who wants to jerk off. It's their money, but I'm not gonna jump through hoops to prove to them I deserve it.

Last edited:
There's a difference between dealing with guests - you can mute them, kick them, block them - and having people watch you from somewhere else out of your control.
I've heard about the lounge before but I thought memebrs had imited privilages in it. Because that would be reasonable.
Also the name means absolutely nothing - it could be spun into "cams are free but you have to make an account to see them" or "cams are free but you need to tip her to do something interesting".
Just the fact that cams are free is a privilage in itself.
It's nothing but exploitation to expect a model to put 100% into her show and watch her from a place that she can't possibly make money from to produce her content. MFC's not member's.

Yes, you can mute guests so they can't post. But, you can't block them from watching unless you do a group or private all the time. At least, as I understand it. The difference between lounge and guest is that the lounge can tip a model but they can't post in room.

But, again, I don't see how this is shocking to you. How is sitting in the lounge, and not tipping any different than either being a basic member or a guest that will not pay but can view?

• Helpful!
Reactions: SMuser69
Yes, you can mute guests so they can't post. But, you can't block them from watching unless you do a group or private all the time. At least, as I understand it. The difference between lounge and guest is that the lounge can tip a model but they can't post in room.

But, again, I don't see how this is shocking to you. How is sitting in the lounge, and not tipping any different than either being a basic member or a guest that will not pay but can view?
Hi, I already answered your question above :) You can block them. Kick them. Guests can log on again but maybe will be less inclined to stay.
Tip function in lounge is nice. I wouldn't say it's my favourite idea in the world but it does make it slightly better. I'm sure tips from the lounge happen often with all the freeloading you can get away with. It's like paying a buck after you pirate some content.

Last edited:
You can block them. Kick them. Guests can log on again but maybe will e less inclined to stay.

I'm not aware of being able to block guests so they can't view on sights such as MFC, or CB. I know you can prevent them from posting. But, you're honestly going to waste time and effort banning/kicking people whom won't tip? Are you going to look at each person individually, time how long they are in a room before they tip?

For the record, I don't show my token count, nor do I show what my member/reward points are on MFC. I have everything blocked so that it is not visible. You can't even see an approximation. To me, entering a model's room is like entering a store to see what's there. I shouldn't have to open my wallet, or do a CC validation to prove I have money to spend.
If I don't like a room, I'm usually gone within a few seconds if it doesn't immediately pique my interest enough to stay. If I stay for a few minutes then decide not a good fit for me, I might tip a few tokens and leave. If I stay for any length of time, I'll start tipping randomly either just as appreciation or for a particular thing such as a smile, spank, etc. Make me laugh, or give me an opening to crack a smart ass comment or joke which I think might be enjoyable to the model or the room, and I'll tip as well.
If you blocked me, or kicked me from the room, you could have missed out on those tips. Just like if you were a store owner and required someone to open their wallet to show they could spend, you would have missed that sale.
Then again, perhaps not a big loss since if that would have been the case, I'd just go elsewhere. Happily tip where it's appreciated, and not expected.

Reactions: AriRossi
I'm not aware of being able to block guests so they can't view on sights such as MFC, or CB. I know you can prevent them from posting. But, you're honestly going to waste time and effort banning/kicking people whom won't tip? Are you going to look at each person individually, time how long they are in a room before they tip?

For the record, I don't show my token count, nor do I show what my member/reward points are on MFC. I have everything blocked so that it is not visible. You can't even see an approximation. To me, entering a model's room is like entering a store to see what's there. I shouldn't have to open my wallet, or do a CC validation to prove I have money to spend.
If I don't like a room, I'm usually gone within a few seconds if it doesn't immediately pique my interest enough to stay. If I stay for a few minutes then decide not a good fit for me, I might tip a few tokens and leave. If I stay for any length of time, I'll start tipping randomly either just as appreciation or for a particular thing such as a smile, spank, etc. Make me laugh, or give me an opening to crack a smart ass comment or joke which I think might be enjoyable to the model or the room, and I'll tip as well.
If you blocked me, or kicked me from the room, you could have missed out on those tips. Just like if you were a store owner and required someone to open their wallet to show they could spend, you would have missed that sale.
Then again, perhaps not a big loss since if that would have been the case, I'd just go elsewhere. Happily tip where it's appreciated, and not expected.
That's a good attitude to have but I want you to understand that very few people do that.
I wouldn't block or kick you outright. Just if you stayed for 30min-1h and didn't even said "Hi". I would look for response after 5min. Just like store owners don't let you wander around and scope the product endlessly unharassed. Unless it's a supermarket. But that's not a good fit for this metaphor.
But maybe tip-based sites are not for me.

in my very brief hours on- I just ignored the basics who were just being pushy- and kicked one guy who was super disruptive- simply handled a guy who was pushing for me to give it all away for free- because he was "broke" when i could see his token amounts and thanked him very much for his visit when he decided he wasnt going to get anywhere with me and said goodbye

has it been wildly successful? no- but I have a small lifetime of dealing with people who dont want to or cant spend money- or who are just dicks- its the net
every facet of the net is filled with dicks.

That's a good attitude to have but I want you to understand that very few people do that.

Agreed, and I have issues similar to yours since I think if you're going to stick around, you're obviously enjoying it in some manner. Therefore, participate by tipping, commenting without being rude. Or, if one can't do either, be courteous and leave.

I wouldn't block or kick you outright. Just if you stayed for 30min-1h and didn't even said "Hi". I would look for response after 5min. Just like store owners don't let you wander around and scope the product endlessly unharassUnless it's a supermarket. But that's not a good fit for this metaphor.
Agreed on the time spent. As to a supermarket, I dunno... Looks of a model, her attitude, how the room interacts with one another and the model, and setting all are ingredients for a great show. There's a bit of a similarity there isn't there? ;)

But maybe tip-based sites are not for me.

Possibly. But, if I may offer some suggestions, looking at your profile and MV page there isn't a lot of info there. No videos, and only one picture on each site. I do base some decision off of profiles, and available info if a model isn't online. Not saying I'm asking for an in depth bio. But, a few more pictures as has been mentioned previously.
Without giving it a real attempt, you might not be making a sound decision if you decide to leave. There are always going to be people whom don't spend money. Even at strip clubs. There are people that may buy a drink just to be able to stay. They watch dancers on stage or do lap dances on the floor for other patrons. But, if approached, they always turn down dances. So, not always a guarantee that will be paid.

Though, I will admit that i"m not familiar with non-tipping sites different than MFC, CB and a few others.

If you like the model, and you're enjoying your time there, tip a few tokens here and there as a sign of appreciation. Doing so usually helps keep them energized, and wanting to stay positive.
This! it doesn't have to be a lot but as a relatively new model, I never knew how exhausting it is to try and balance everything and not have much to show for it. to be on cam for hours and get tons of people talking to you, but none tipping can get you down when you're trying your best to talk, be sexy and keep things fun.
People keep saying to look at how many tokens the members have but I never do this, I'm usually busy trying to keep my room flow going I don't think to look at how many tokens a member has, and when I have couple times, it says their token amount is "private" on MFC. Some members apparently don't have tokens to begin with, but I've had members say "I'll be right back, going to get more tokens for you" and then give me thousands so how can you really ever tell who is going to tip?
Also, someone mentioned not looking at your phone, I NEVER text or just spend time looking at my phone while camming but here and there I pick it up for maybe 5-10 seconds to adjust the volume of my music or change the song and people have lectured me "I would tip if you weren't on your phone" like seriously? it was 5 seconds! can't please em' all I guess..

Status
Not open for further replies.