AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What information can models see about users?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2023
I am fairly recent to SC, but I consider myself a good user and tipper. Having said that I was recently "called out" by a model for being in another room.

I am not quite sure if she saw me, saw my tokens go down even tho I keep my token information under "settings" invisible or what. So my question/s are this :

- Can a model see how many tokens I have regardless of the setting?
- Can a model see my token history?
- Can a model see if I am in another room through some sort of tool on the site?

Best,

While i understand your adamance and your position- you cannot publicly admit that either is false advertisment or site vulnerability, i do not understand your "hearsay" /"proof" statement.To the best of my knowledge hearsay is reporting other peoples words by a witness, whereas i have shared( and as i can see other users as well) my own account of what happened directly to me. You say there was no proof yet i attached a picture with a model telling me exact amount- how did you investigate? Did you ask the model on this thread (Lexi) what software she knows about?Did you ask me when it happened in order to see in my account history if it was consistent?
I think not because it is in your(the site's) best interest for the models to see the amount and focus their attention on the ones with tokens thus making more money.(themselves and the site)
Even so , i will attach additional proof that i got after friending this model that shows how she was seeing her users and my account settings at the exact time.
As i said, while i understand your position, please do not insult us insinuating we are liars by dismissing what happened to us as hearsay.

I am adamant, and I have yet to receive any actual evidence (other than hearsay) from anyone that tells me otherwise.

Is this the ShineModel browser or something else/similar?

• Helpful!
Reactions: Rytar
Upvote 0
To be honest i don't know what browser it is, i just asked her how is she seeing my tokens and she sent me that picture, she told me all the girls at the studio she was working had this option.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
To be honest i don't know what browser it is, i just asked her how is she seeing my tokens and she sent me that picture, she told me all the girls at the studio she was working had this option.

It looks to be something similar to that (look on here for shinemodel it has a big thread for it), where it groups all chats from different sites to make it easier for models.
I sure do hope SC can fix this though so the information is not obtained from anywhere or any browser etc

Upvote 0
It looks to be something similar to that (look on here for shinemodel it has a big thread for it), where it groups all chats from different sites to make it easier for models.
I sure do hope SC can fix this though so the information is not obtained from anywhere or any browser etc
Maybe a hole in the API that nobody knows about? (Assuming it's using an API and not scraping the site).

Upvote 1
While i understand your adamance and your position- you cannot publicly admit that either is false advertisment or site vulnerability, i do not understand your "hearsay" /"proof" statement.To the best of my knowledge hearsay is reporting other peoples words by a witness, whereas i have shared( and as i can see other users as well) my own account of what happened directly to me. You say there was no proof yet i attached a picture with a model telling me exact amount- how did you investigate? Did you ask the model on this thread (Lexi) what software she knows about?Did you ask me when it happened in order to see in my account history if it was consistent?
I think not because it is in your(the site's) best interest for the models to see the amount and focus their attention on the ones with tokens thus making more money.(themselves and the site)
Even so , i will attach additional proof that i got after friending this model that shows how she was seeing her users and my account settings at the exact time.
As i said, while i understand your position, please do not insult us insinuating we are liars by dismissing what happened to us as hearsay.

I am adamant, and I have yet to receive any actual evidence (other than hearsay) from anyone that tells me otherwise.
I have notice there is a core group on this forum that will deny your knowledge by experience with what they "think". solely because we are "users" and not models.

Upvote 0
In saying this, I will PM @Hello_Dave for more info and investigate again.

AF1F06B2-05B8-4183-8B58-59B8F3AB65A4.jpeg

7B69614E-92A0-4199-B18A-5853C29ACD8D.jpeg
Is this the ShineModel browser or something else/similar?

What it looks like to me is the "Chatbox" from streammate the lovense broadcasting software. Models use the chatbox feature to be able to chat in any of the rooms the broadcast simultaneously on.

Maybe a hole in the API that nobody knows about? (Assuming it's using an API and not scraping the site).

@Charlie_SC , @Stella_SC , Could this be the cause of the confusion here? Third-party streaming software?
I'd agree with @Pommster above that this sounds like an API issue. What's fed out via API not respecting the on-site "hide tokens" toggle.

ETA: I've worked with many APIs in a different industry

Upvote 1
I have notice there is a core group on this forum that will deny your knowledge by experience with what they "think". solely because we are "users" and not models.
That may well be the case for some, however I think most were disavowing that poster's claims because, until that post, what they were saying was just hearsay, there was no corroborating evidence of proof provided until those screen-shots appeared late in the thread.

Now after seeing those I, and I assume most people, are now thinking that there is indeed something amiss with how SC is serving user data in some circumstances.

Upvote 0
This forum is for models, you guys are allowed to participate so as not to be an echo chamber but that doesn't mean that when you're wrong you aren't wrong and that we don't have the right to point it out. Your preference for one experience over another doesn't negate our knowledge of the industry.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Yes we understand this is a model's forum. My experience has taught me when dealing with all of the various tech involved and the cam sites themselves that anything is possible.

A glitch in the chat in one models room makes the chat unreadable. Go to other model's rooms from the same country/location and the chat is fine.. Send a message to support about the chat and a couple days later it is fixed. But it only happened to one model.

I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to people when they say something is happening. They may be the only ones affected by it or it may end up being a larger issue for more models and users.

The initial reactions of some to his original post was that it was "hearsay" and he was delusional and it was all a figment of his imagination concocted by himself and the model and there was no way this is/was possible.

Anything is possible

So basically it seems at this point any model using the OBS to broadcast thru streammate using the "Chatbox" feature can see the number of tokens even if hidden on the site.

Upvote 0
I agree with you with the mention that it seems the group is formed by users and not models.

Upvote 0
This forum is for models, you guys are allowed to participate so as not to be an echo chamber but that doesn't mean that when you're wrong you aren't wrong and that we don't have the right to point it out. Your preference for one experience over another doesn't negate our knowledge of the industry.
Perfectly agree with your "when you are wrong" statement with adding that it works both ways("not being an echo chamber").In this case it seems i was not wrong as a model said validated the same thing i reported long before me.

Upvote 0
That may well be the case for some, however I think most were disavowing that poster's claims because, until that post, what they were saying was just hearsay, there was no corroborating evidence of proof provided until those screen-shots appeared late in the thread.

Now after seeing those I, and I assume most people, are now thinking that there is indeed something amiss with how SC is serving user data in some circumstances.
I think they were disavowing my claim out of habbit or because they don't wanted it to be true. Leaving aside your use of hearsay, english is not my first language but to the best of my knowledge it means reporting something you have been told and not witnessed- which doesnt apply to me, I consider I provided sufficient proof at least for an investigation to be started.If you go with your phone for example or any other appliance to warranty to complain about a fault, do you think they will dismiss it as hearsay or investigate your claim?
As a paying member of the site i was expecting to get what i payed for, not only the models but in the conditions promised, so i complained about a fault.
I clearly stated i had the fuction to hide tokens active , i attached a picture where a model tells me ( not in english but regardless) an amount.I would think for someone from the site to ask me when this happened, to check how many tokens i had at that time and if i had the option to hide them active would have been easy. In that way it could have disproved or confimed my claim imediately.But as i said, i am tending to think that they have no interest fix this( if it really is a bug and not false advertising)

Upvote 0
I think they were disavowing my claim out of habbit or because they don't wanted it to be true.
I feel this is a bit off... even the site rep disavowed your claim becuase on THEIR site, it is not possible. New evidence was provided showing that it's happening on a browser extension that was not made by SC itself. So while there is some glitch to look into about how the extension gets its information from SC, it remains the case that on the site itself, your claims were unable to be true.

Now that the new evidence has been provided, I believe both the browser extension author (I believe it's @ShineModel) and SC tech team can look into how and why this is able to happen.

Reactions: ElGato and Ozzie_
Upvote 0

🙏🏼 Amber’s forum tagline states: ‘An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!’

It’s a cool place for models and members to hang out, chat and that’s what I’ve found anyways 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Lexi_Summers
Upvote 0
🙏🏼 Amber’s forum tagline states: ‘An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!’

It’s a cool place for models and members to hang out, chat and that’s what I’ve found anyways 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes, however, some people love to talk over models or reply in Ask A Model threads when models haven't had a chance to respond. I'm not gatekeeping here, I am simply commenting on the amount of pushback we get when we know what's up and with that said sometimes a change has been made on a site that only a member would see and we're open to that. Well, I am, I shouldn't speak for anyone else.

I know I for one have stopped opening certain thread topics, mostly love con stuff cause jeez oh pete those discussions are circular and exhausting.

Anyway, mini tangent rant off. 😇😊

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
I feel this is a bit off... even the site rep disavowed your claim becuase on THEIR site, it is not possible. New evidence was provided showing that it's happening on a browser extension that was not made by SC itself. So while there is some glitch to look into about how the extension gets its information from SC, it remains the case that on the site itself, your claims were unable to be true.

Now that the new evidence has been provided, I believe both the browser extension author (I believe it's @ShineModel) and SC tech team can look into how and why this is able to happen.
I think we see things differently. On THEIR site IT IS possible. Did i create my account on chatbox/ shinemodel browser site? Did i charge my account and spent tokents on chatbox/shinemodel browser site? Answer is no, i did those things on THEIR website.
What happened with the statement from May "closed data and not easily extracted from secure platform" ?
Your logic sounds to me like if I have a safety deposit box in a bank vault and it gets robbed, it's not the bank's fault because the thieves did not entered through the door or they used some non-standard tools.
A user that trusts a site with personal data has expectations that that data will be secure, regardless of the tools/programs used by third parties.Not taking responsability for this is no OK in my opinion, especially after the episode of November 2021

Upvote 0
I think they were disavowing my claim out of habbit or because they don't wanted it to be true. Leaving aside your use of hearsay, english is not my first language but to the best of my knowledge it means reporting something you have been told and not witnessed- which doesnt apply to me,

OK I will cut you some slack on the meaning of hearsay because English is not your first language. Your claim *was* hearsay (to the rest of us! Hearsay cannot apply to your own evidence from your own point of view -- that is impossible) becasue there was NO corroborating proof provided, until your recent screen shots that is.

I consider I provided sufficient proof at least for an investigation to be started.
Well, I do not know what you provided to SC Support, but until your last screenshots here you provided no proof at all, just words (hearsay ;) ). Now that you have provided this extra info, I am assuming that @Charlie_SC and / @Stella_SC are now "on the case" and getting the relevant team to look into it.

But as i said, i am tending to think that they have no interest fix this( if it really is a bug and not false advertising)
Silly "conspiracy theory" statements tend to make people (well, me anyway) dismiss much of what people say. What benefit is there for SC to lie about this? It is a ridiculous statement to make.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
OK I will cut you some slack on the meaning of hearsay because English is not your first language. Your claim *was* hearsay (to the rest of us! Hearsay cannot apply to your own evidence from your own point of view -- that is impossible) becasue there was NO corroborating proof provided, until your recent screen shots that is.

Well, I do not know what you provided to SC Support, but until your last screenshots here you provided no proof at all, just words (hearsay ;) ). Now that you have provided this extra info, I am assuming that @Charlie_SC and / @Stella_SC are now "on the case" and getting the relevant team to look into it.

Silly "conspiracy theory" statements tend to make people (well, me anyway) dismiss much of what people say. What benefit is there for SC to lie about this? It is a ridiculous statement to make.
No need to cut me some slack because even though english is not my language it seems google oxford dictionary agrees with me:
hearsay
information received from other people which cannot be substantiated;
LAW
the report of another person's words by a witness, which is usually disallowedas evidence in a court of law I did not receive this information from other people nor was i reporting other persons words.Hearsay would have been if somebody else would have made the claim based on what i have told them personally.I have reported what happened to me directly so there couldn't been any missHEARING involved (Hearsay comes from Middle English and the combination of two words: hear and say. So literally hearsay is a compound of 'to hear someone say. ' )
It seems maybe you haven't read my posts which would explain your comment regarding proof . Back in July when i first reported the issue i posted a screenshot of a private conversation with the model that said "you have 1903" refering to tokens- fact that i mentioned in my later posts when acused that i did not provide proof. This claim corroborated with the fact that a model -which i suppose knows much better than the users how the site actually works, confirmed long before my claim that it was possible i believe was more than sufficient proof to start an investigation. But again, when maybe someone cannot or doesnt want to fix something, oblivion/ignorance is bliss.
To answer your question, benefit is money in my opinion.The purpose of the site is to make money, models can make more (thus the site making more) if they focus their attention on the guys with tokens instead of the ones who keep 1tk for colour (bronze and silver) or even 0(gold).
It may be "Sily conspiracy theory" in your opinion but in my mind if i was in their shoes i would start investigating very soon after multiple users and a model say it is possible -especially after the 2021 leak.
I would not wait for someone to provide me with the software fix or exact data of the bug.Because if i wouldn't have friended this model or if she wouldn't have shared the picture with me then what?The bug did not existed and everything was secure on the site no?

Upvote 0
No need to cut me some slack because even though english is not my language it seems google oxford dictionary agrees with me:
hearsay
information received from other people which cannot be substantiated;

Oh FFS! that is pretty much exactly what I said. For THE REST OF US, your statements were unverified hearsay. The number of people here -- users and models -- being disingenuous or even downright misleading at times, is at times high, so without this final piece of corroborating proof, it was hearsay. Yes, even with your screen shot of a chat with a model telling you how many tokens you had. For an investigation to take place SC needs enough info to at least point it in the right direction. Prior to your latest screenshots, you were doing the equivalent of ringing the emergency phone number and only saying: "Something is happening" and expecting the police (not fire or paramedics) to arrive at the correct scene and apprehend the criminals.

It may be "Sily conspiracy theory" in your opinion but in my mind if i was in their shoes i would start investigating very soon after multiple users and a model say it is possible -especially after the 2021 leak.
I would not wait for someone to provide me with the software fix or exact data of the bug.Because if i wouldn't have friended this model or if she wouldn't have shared the picture with me then what?The bug did not existed and everything was secure on the site no?
Until you provided the last screenshots showing the type of browser the model is using, SC would have nothing to go on to investigate. Because for models not using that browser, user tokens are indeed hidden if we have that switch set.

It really is only within the last few days that you have provided enough pieces of the puzzle for a timely investigation to be set in motion. For that I applaud you because I agree that SC needs to fix this issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh FFS! that is pretty much exactly what I said. For THE REST OF US, your statements were unverified hearsay. The number of people here -- users and models -- being disingenuous or even downright misleading at times, is at times high, so without this final piece of corroborating proof, it was hearsay. Yes, even with your screen shot of a chat with a model telling you how many tokens you had. For an investigation to take place SC needs enough info to at least point it in the right direction. Prior to your latest screenshots, you were doing the equivalent of ringing the emergency phone number and only saying: "Something is happening" and expecting the police (not fire or paramedics) to arrive at the correct scene and apprehend the criminals.

Until you provided the last screenshots showing teh type of browser the model is using, SC would have nothing to go on to investigate. Because for models not using that browser, user tokens are indeed hidden if we have that switch set.

It really is only within the last few days that you have provided enough pieces of the puzzle for a timely investigation to be set in motion. For that I applaud you becasue I agree that SC needs to fix this issue.
While i still dont agree with your interpretation of hearsay- i understand now from what you say that everyone is treated as a liar from the get-go and that explains things. I dont usually lie and dont usually complain about things so that is why it was strange for me the response i got.
Ringing the emergency service and even not saying a word triggers a callback and emergency services sent to ones location(if possible to locate).
I did not say "something is happening" i said "the roof is on fire" and i was expecting somebody to ask me where how, etc not to be told its not possible for the roof to be on fire because it's fireproof.

Upvote 0
I did not say "something is happening" i said "the roof is on fire" and i was expecting somebody to ask me where how, etc not to be told its not possible for the roof to be on fire because it's fireproof.
OK I am out of this conversation, you seem to be incapable of looking from the other point of view and seeing that you did not give enough info (until very recently) to justify or enable an investigation to start. Given how many "complaints" SC (or any other) support gets, you can not realistically expect the ones that are statistically highly improbable or impossible to be given priority without some concrete evidence.

Upvote 0
OK I am out of this conversation, you seem to be incapable of looking from the other point of view and seeing that you did not give enough info (until very recently) to justify or enable an investigation to start. Given how many "complaints" SC (or any other) support gets, you can not realistically expect the ones that are statistically highly improbable or impossible to be given priority without some concrete evidence.
I wasnt aware of the minimum required information to give, i only reported a issue(reported by other users and a model as well) and expected to be contacted for more info and not to be dismissed as a liar for the begining. My mistake.
By how i understand your logic -looking from another point of view, it's fine for the site reps to dismiss users and models claims because some are "disingenuous or even downright misleading" but otherway around we are supposed to think they act only
in good faith? Otherwise we are silly conspiracy theorists?
Anyway, nice talking to you.

Upvote 0
Can we all agree to just stand down on this until someone from SC replies?

Haha yeah i ws thinking the exact same. It's been established about the problem with the proof, the reasons for "doubting" before posts were for good reasons, but as soon as proof is supplied (be it from third party, it's still a problem), there is no argument or debate to be had. Just leave it for the SC reps to pass on and get fixed
@Charlie_SC @xChloe

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
Thankx @Magua for keeping the ball rolling on this and providing the evidence that I couldn't.
I would have given all your comments a like, but it seems I am not yet able to or I am too stupid to find that feature.

As posted be @Charlie_SC, she contacted me to inquire further information, and after being hesitant first (because the last thing I want, is the said model to be banned for this), I finally gave her the info that I could still provide about the "incident".

I am a bit dissapointed in the "hostile" behaviour towards Magua, when all he did, was giving actual valuable information, even though it may have seemed unverifiable at the start. And his point about it being in the interest of the page (for a model to see the tkn amount) seems very logical to me too (may it be on purpose or not).

It is also probably a rare thing that this info would be shared by a model to a user, because some sort of relationship and trust has to be established, and in my case the obvious inexperience of the model, so not a lot of users would be able to find out about it also.

Anyway, I am interested to see, how this turns out.

A merry X-mas to all of you and see you on the other side of this.

PS. Can anyone provide me with a short info about the 2021 leak?

Upvote 0
I am a bit dissapointed in the "hostile" behaviour towards Magua, when all he did, was giving actual valuable information, even though it may have seemed unverifiable at the start. And his point about it being in the interest of the page (for a model to see the tkn amount) seems very logical to me too (may it be on purpose or not).

It is also probably a rare thing that this info would be shared by a model to a user, because some sort of relationship and trust has to be established, and in my case the obvious inexperience of the model, so not a lot of users would be able to find out about it also.

I don't think it was exactly hostile. It was something that was impossible to verify until members shared more info and evidence. So of course, with it being a "model told me, she showed me" thing, as it is for many other things that have been investigated before and proven impossible, the representatives have stated that this is impossible on their site. Which is still true - on stripchat, no model or user can see token balance of users if they have it set to invisible. So of course, our lovely representatives have explained that and since they were given 0 evidence and proof that this is happening, dismissed the case.

Its hard to investigate and fix things when all you have to go by is "model said she saw my token balance, but I'm not telling you where, when or how!"

Now that new information is out and they actually have evidence, I'm sure they're looking into it and fixing things because it shouldn't be happening. They were just simply unaware that this extention thing, that some models are using is obviously glitching somehow and the whole seeing tokens comes from the extension not the actual Stripchat site.

So all in all - on stripchat itself, it always has been and will forever be absolutely impossible to see member token balances when they have them hidden. They have no interest in revealing your balance to models if you decided not to, and truthfully many models who are doing okay, don't really give two f about members token balance. If the member tips, great, if not, fine, if the member is asking for free stuff, block button and goodbye. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I feel like this glitch would actually only be a problem for members who actively visit less well doing rooms, dangle the tokens like carrots and expect the world for 10 tokens, while complaining how they're all out of tokens and how everything is so expensive..... and then get caught in the lie and the models get upset.

Upvote 0
Thankx @Magua for keeping the ball rolling on this and providing the evidence that I couldn't.
I would have given all your comments a like, but it seems I am not yet able to or I am too stupid to find that feature.

As posted be @Charlie_SC, she contacted me to inquire further information, and after being hesitant first (because the last thing I want, is the said model to be banned for this), I finally gave her the info that I could still provide about the "incident".

Thank you for your kind words, glad to hear you were contacted for more info, only thing i was expecting also-to be contacted for more info. ( even though you provided at the very least the same amount of proof i did, if not less)

Upvote 0
I don't think it was exactly hostile. It was something that was impossible to verify until members shared more info and evidence. So of course, with it being a "model told me, she showed me" thing, as it is for many other things that have been investigated before and proven impossible, the representatives have stated that this is impossible on their site. Which is still true - on stripchat, no model or user can see token balance of users if they have it set to invisible. So of course, our lovely representatives have explained that and since they were given 0 evidence and proof that this is happening, dismissed the case.

Its hard to investigate and fix things when all you have to go by is "model said she saw my token balance, but I'm not telling you where, when or how!"

Now that new information is out and they actually have evidence, I'm sure they're looking into it and fixing things because it shouldn't be happening. They were just simply unaware that this extention thing, that some models are using is obviously glitching somehow and the whole seeing tokens comes from the extension not the actual Stripchat site.

So all in all - on stripchat itself, it always has been and will forever be absolutely impossible to see member token balances when they have them hidden. They have no interest in revealing your balance to models if you decided not to, and truthfully many models who are doing okay, don't really give two f about members token balance. If the member tips, great, if not, fine, if the member is asking for free stuff, block button and goodbye. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I feel like this glitch would actually only be a problem for members who actively visit less well doing rooms, dangle the tokens like carrots and expect the world for 10 tokens, while complaining how they're all out of tokens and how everything is so expensive..... and then get caught in the lie and the models get upset.
I honestly do not understand where this post is coming from(your reason).In my conspirationist mind ideas appear that maybe you were "convinced" to make it.
You were the first to state on this thread that it is possible back in May "Yes, models can see the balance regardless of the setting, in certain programs."
While i dont know the level to which they investigated your statement( did someone ask you what programs you were refering to?) it is clear to me that you knew since then that it was possible.
I also dont understand the mental gymnastics " all in all - on stripchat itself, it always has been and will forever be absolutely impossible". as i explained to the other model who made a similar statement( "convinced" also?), i created my account and log in on stripchat itself and IT IS POSSIBLE. I did not see any notification when i created the account saying that if the models use "certain programs" they can see my tokens.
Finally your last paragraph feels to me like a bit of gaslighting, like we shouldnt mind if the models see our tokens, that only cheapskates would mind.I think everybody would mind not getting what they were promissed.

Upvote 0
I honestly do not understand where this post is coming from(your reason).In my conspirationist mind ideas appear that maybe you were "convinced" to make it.
You were the first to state on this thread that it is possible back in May "Yes, models can see the balance regardless of the setting, in certain programs."
While i dont know the level to which they investigated your statement( did someone ask you what programs you were refering to?) it is clear to me that you knew since then that it was possible.
I also dont understand the mental gymnastics " all in all - on stripchat itself, it always has been and will forever be absolutely impossible". as i explained to the other model who made a similar statement( "convinced" also?), i created my account and log in on stripchat itself and IT IS POSSIBLE. I did not see any notification when i created the account saying that if the models use "certain programs" they can see my tokens.
Finally your last paragraph feels to me like a bit of gaslighting, like we shouldnt mind if the models see our tokens, that only cheapskates would mind.I think everybody would mind not getting what they were promissed.
Honestly, you need to back off.
Yes I've been asked, I gave the information that I had at the time, which was a model told me, and since they had nothing to go on, it didn't get investigated as they had NOTHING to investigate. Ffs.

Lay off, Jesus.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.