AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the best computer and camera to use for camming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2015
Twitter Username
@LilyBlueBBW
Streamate Username
LilyBluBBW
Chaturbate Username
bigpussy690
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/425557/BBWchubbyLisbyIsley/
Hello Ladies

I am very close to throwing my computer out of a window or burning it, because the damn thing keeps lagging. I am trying to work on Streamate and I have a Logitech C920.

There are people coming into my room and the moment that it happens, the damn thing starts lagging. I am at my wits end. I am going to pull my hair out if this damn thing lags again.

Can someone out there in internet land please recommend the best camera and computer for camming? I need a laptop that is at least under $250. I can't afford a fancy $1000 laptop, so please don't recommend that. I appreciate every recommendation but please don't recommend a $1000 computer, it just ain't in the cards right now.

I just need something good that runs well until I can get to a point where I can upgrade my equipment. The computer doesn't have to be new, it just needs to run well.

I could probably purchase a webcam in the next week or so. I was looking at this webcam to purchase:

Would that be a good webcam to cam up with?

I saw some webcams on amazon that were in the $200 to $250 range and I just can't afford that right now. I am really just doing all of this on the skin of my teeth.

I don't even have any sexy outfits. I am trying to cam in a damn Tank Top and shorts, my black ass looks ridiculous. I don't know why I thought that this would be a good idea. I really want to make camming work this time. I want to put in the effort but I just don't have the necessary equipment. The equipment that I do have is shit beyond shit. I just want to make money, that's all.

Thank you for coming to my Tedx Talk and I appreciate any suggestions that I am given. :)

The image you posted isn't loading. I know some people have cammed using a chrome book, but unfortunately it's not easy to find something decent outside of that for that price. To be honest I think it would be best to try camming with your phone so you could save up a little more money to buy a better laptop/camera.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a C920 as a camera. Sure, it's a little dated. But, clarity is still good and probably the most common webcam still in use.

Out of curiosity, what's the specs for your current computer? There might be some things running on it that you could shut down, clean up some old programs that you no longer use, etc that could help you stretch a little more. Also, in many cases, if it's a store bought computer/laptop, chances are you can add memory to it.

Hello Ladies

I am very close to throwing my computer out of a window or burning it, because the damn thing keeps lagging. I am trying to work on Streamate and I have a Logitech C920.

There are people coming into my room and the moment that it happens, the damn thing starts lagging. I am at my wits end. I am going to pull my hair out if this damn thing lags again.

Can someone out there in internet land please recommend the best camera and computer for camming? I need a laptop that is at least under $250. I can't afford a fancy $1000 laptop, so please don't recommend that. I appreciate every recommendation but please don't recommend a $1000 computer, it just ain't in the cards right now.

I just need something good that runs well until I can get to a point where I can upgrade my equipment. The computer doesn't have to be new, it just needs to run well.

I could probably purchase a webcam in the next week or so. I was looking at this webcam to purchase:

Would that be a good webcam to cam up with?

I saw some webcams on amazon that were in the $200 to $250 range and I just can't afford that right now. I am really just doing all of this on the skin of my teeth.

I don't even have any sexy outfits. I am trying to cam in a damn Tank Top and shorts, my black ass looks ridiculous. I don't know why I thought that this would be a good idea. I really want to make camming work this time. I want to put in the effort but I just don't have the necessary equipment. The equipment that I do have is shit beyond shit. I just want to make money, that's all.

Thank you for coming to my Tedx Talk and I appreciate any suggestions that I am given. :)

Unfortunately, you’re not gonna find a good laptop/computer for $250. You need at least an i5, and the more ram, the better. Gaming laptops are the best, but they are far out of your price range. As far as the camera, the one you are using the most popular for camming, so don’t put any money into buying something different. Is it possible to put a computer on a credit card? Having a superior system will pay for itself very quickly.

There might be some things running on it that you could shut down, clean up some old programs that you no longer use, etc that could help you stretch a little more. Also, in many cases, if it's a store bought computer/laptop, chances are you can add memory to it.
These are good tips, and it's very often helpful to connect the computer to the router with a cable instead of using the WiFi.
Connection quality and bandwidth drops sharply if your wifi connection isn't perfect.

Oh, and keep the webcam.

I was using laptops for years,but in May i bought new desktop computer. https://www.x-kom.pl/p/553777-deskt...lwQjdxbs9dhK-pNTdvtt3ifaAuJVdEp0#Specyfikacja + screen. Im totally happy. Im using logitech brio and think its the best camera,but never i could use it for max. I have great internet, good camera, i thoufght that good laptop before (hp envy x360) but when i was trying go more than HD+ or 60 fps, computer was noisy,slow etc. On quicksync in obs HD+ ok .but with x264 max bitrate i could set without killing my cpu was 3500.
With desktop computer Im streaming in 4k 3840x2160, with bitrate 20 000 and my cpu is 23 % in use (with x2640

Generally for streamers the best are those computers,which are for gamers. Mine is typical gaming computer, because i knew that is strong,good procesor,graphic card etc.And I was right.

Yes! You’ve gotta be hardwired. No ifs, ands or buts.

Yep, I forgot to mention that. Usually one of my first things to recomment. but I was focusing more on the performance side of things. Sadly, a lot of newer laptops done have RJ45 ports anymore so if you want to hardwire have to buy a hub with ethernet adapter in it.

Yep, I forgot to mention that. Usually one of my first things to recomment. but I was focusing more on the performance side of things. Sadly, a lot of newer laptops done have RJ45 ports anymore so if you want to hardwire have to buy a hub with ethernet adapter in it.
Yeah, I use a hub to plug my cable into. They’re super cheap, so it wasn’t an issue. I got a really good deal on my laptop from Best Buy almost a year ago. It was open box, so I got it for around $1500. It’s a Dell Nvidia or whatever, with an i7 processor and 64gb of ram I believe. I think my site(Streamate) requires a more sophisticated setup than Chaturbate, but even still, you can’t get any kind of laptop for less than $400-$500. Maybe a chrome book with an intel celeron processor or something. My laptop was paid for with two days of work, so that’s why I suggested using a CC. Independent contractor jobs require investments, but I can see it being a vicious cycle if your setup is so bad that you can’t make money, but you get a better setup until you’ve made enough money. I feel bad for OP😞

Yeah, I use a hub to plug my cable into. They’re super cheap, so it wasn’t an issue. I got a really good deal on my laptop from Best Buy almost a year ago. It was open box, so I got it for around $1500. It’s a Dell Nvidia or whatever, with an i7 processor and 64gb of ram I believe. I think my site(Streamate) requires a more sophisticated setup than Chaturbate, but even still, you can’t get any kind of laptop for less than $400-$500. Maybe a chrome book with an intel celeron processor or something. My laptop was paid for with two days of work, so that’s why I suggested using a CC. Independent contractor jobs require investments, but I can see it being a vicious cycle if your setup is so bad that you can’t make money, but you get a better setup until you’ve made enough money. I feel bad for OP😞

I don't stream, but have similar requirements for my job. My work laptop I'm lucky enough to have a docking station that I can hardwire into. My personal laptop (Dell XPS 15) I had to buy a USB-C hub in order to have the capability (I bought one that also does USB, SD and MicroSD ports). I generally don't have issues on my personal laptop. But, I'm a big fan of using an Ethernet cable anytime one can as it eliminates so many problems.

It's an unfortunate cycle indeed, and I'm hoping the OP is able to at least find a temporary workable solution from some of the suggestions here until she can get a better computer. Sometimes one can find a decent laptop on ebay for under a $250-300. But, have to really be careful in that know what you're looking at and it's a gamble on quality of used equipment

Reactions: KatieDidIt
Status
Not open for further replies.