AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What scares you?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True public embarrassment. Not silly stuff like a split in your pants or tripping over nothing on the sidewalk but having one's inadequacies and failures exposed.

The truth must be hidden at all costs.

All the zombie fear makes me feel better about myself. I have been accused of being a zombie and it could be true.

Invasions. Home, Country, Planetary (yeah, I said that last part, really). I don't know when I started freaking the hell out about the last one but that's been with me for a long time. I just can't shake it. Yet, my morbid curiosity attracts me to shows about UFOs and movies like "Fire In The Sky". O____O

The first two are more logical. I'm deathly afraid of home invasions because when I was younger, the house I lived in was broken into TWICE within a matter of months. Now I'm constantly checking locks and freaking out on my husband because he NEVER locks the door when he comes in.

A more basic fear I have is that of rejection. It chooses when it wants to affect me though (and usually about the oddest things).

MzMarche said:
Now I'm constantly checking locks and freaking out on my husband because he NEVER locks the door when he comes in.

I'm the same way. We used to live in a shady neighborhood and he would also forget something when we would go somewhere so he'd run back in the house. We'd come back 2-3 hours later with the front door WIDE open. We're lucky we were never robbed though. That sucks you had to experience it twice.

I've never attempted to pinpoint any specific fears. Many of the fears listed here are things I don't like (mostly on the insect side of things) but I just aim to kill them. They mostly scare me when I don't see them coming.

I think my avatar makes it obvious speed is not a fear of mine though I did scare myself a little during this weekend's drive to visit family. Was determined NOT to be at the back of this huge line of cars and semis. Got in front of the line at pretty much the last second. After it all, it took me a couple miles for my heart to slow down. My adrenaline had kicked in like crazy.

I definitely don't think I am ready to lose any of my close family so the idea of losing them is rather scary.

I guess I don't consider myself fearless but I don't think I have phobias.

failure

not sure if I can take bathrooms off the list yet... but I had a phobia of them for the longest time

most all my other fears stem from my fear of failure.

falling from heights. but that goes back to the failure...

Questions?

If I'm in pain, I will be unable to complete a task, therefore, I am afraid of pain, but only in that it will make me fail.

If I am dead, similar issues

My fear of failure stems from not wanting to let anybody down. Not wanting to upset somebody. If they're relying on me for something, they'll be upset when I can't.

So maybe the fear is really making someone else's life worse?

Mostly, the fear is that someone will be angry at me for something. Which I equate with failure.

Wow....I never really thought about this.

I really don't have many fears. Mob scenes would be my biggest scare.....i'm not a mosh pit type.

I've been shot at, sailed oceans on small sail boats, eaten bugs, and travelled the world.

Good question.

Damned good question....
I have so many basic fears but the main one living here is traffic...I refuse to drive in Thailand! It scares the hell out of me ...driving on the right side, steering wheel on the right , traffic everywhere, Thai drivers (lol)...was scared in Europe and the US , got even worse in Bangkok...

A lot of fears can be bundled into a "fear of the unknown" which is a common trait amongst humanity in general. That said, most of my fears have this sort of stipulation.

For example, Insects. A lot of people here have listed insects of varying types as a fear. Mainly this is due to not knowing how they behave, whether or not they're venomous, things like that. The more people understand insects, the less afraid they become of them. A good example of this is houseflies and mosquitos. Plenty of people are afraid of insects like spiders, but few have an irrational fear of flies and mosquitos, because you're pretty much forced to encounter them, and you learn that they're just a nuisance at most. My fear of insects works within these same bounds. If I recognize the insect, and know enough about it, they usually don't bother me (daddy long legs, roaches, centipedes, and so forth). Really exotic bugs I don't know, however, or bugs I know are venomous/painful, I give a wide, WIDE berth.

Another common fear circles around a lack of control over yourself. The most common example of this is falling, which I myself have a fairly strong fear of. I don't fall often, and I like to think I have a decent amount of dexterity to avoid falling in a painful manner. However, if a situation occurs where I am very likely to fall, or could somehow be moved involuntarily, I will shy away from it. When I feel comfortable with my knowledge of something, especially in regards to mobility (cars, bicycles, motorcycles) I usually have no problems with them.

I read somewhere that our minds are addicted to sensory input, so when we don't get any sensory input (for example, in a pitch black, quiet room) our mind will quite literally "make shit up" to feed on as sensory input, often resulting in hallucinations (either audible or visual). This also goes back to my initially mentioned "fear of the unknown" that we instinctively live by. These two factors combined usually result in a genuinely terrifying situation. However, if I have any knowledge of where I am, or what my surroundings are, than I'm usually fine. An example of the difference here would be as such: A power outage in my apartment wouldn't bother me at all, since I know where I am, and what's around me. Now, if I were to be rendered unconscious, and woke up inside a pitch black room with no sound at all for me to rationalize, I would likely start panicking very quickly.

I could go on longer, I think, but the summary here is this: The more you know, the less that scares you. This is where the common saying "the best way to get over a fear is to face it" comes from. Once you've experienced it, and conquered it, you'll understand it, and thus not be bothered by it again. I got over my fear of spiders ages ago with a combination of studying them, and actually interacting with them (held a tarantula, fuck yeah!).

MilaMilanXXX said:
Damned good question....
I have so many basic fears but the main one living here is traffic...I refuse to drive in Thailand! It scares the hell out of me ...driving on the right side, steering wheel on the right , traffic everywhere, Thai drivers (lol)...was scared in Europe and the US , got even worse in Bangkok...

Hehe so it's the same side of the road there as it is here in Australia :p Yeah that'd scare me trying to drive on the opposite side too.

Cockroaches. Especially the flying ones. Ewwwww!

Dying alone. That'd be pretty fucked.

For me:

Being completely alone
Water deeper than my chest (this will make that trip to Europe next year interesting :lol: )
Sharks
The death of my loved ones
Never being loved
My mind and some of the thoughts that run through it (sometimes I have poor impulse control)

Status
Not open for further replies.