AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What should I do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beachie said:
Maybe it would help if I showed bits and pieces of our conversations? Showing that I have never pressured or pushed... At least, not to my knowledge.
Probably not needed. Some would still find a way to put the blame on you anyway.

Reactions: Beachie
We don't need to see the convo, I don't think there's any advice we could give that would be changed by reading it. At this point your options are either keep asking about it, or walk away. Maybe wait a few days and message again? But I'm not sure what else we could add.

A few models have mentioned that the joking "bug the editor" comment would annoy them (myself included) - it doesn't make you a jerk or justify her not sending the video. It does come across a bit naggy (after such a short time), but it probably didn't come off as jokingly as you imagined it. I don't think most models would respond in a way that indicated they felt pressured by it but at least personally, I'd be a bit annoyed at the rushiness of it. But it's not a big deal and I don't think anyone's arguing that it warrants bailing on a video, or lying.

I do hope she's just slacking and that you get it soon. I am really shocked at everyone saying how often this stuff happens. That sucks!

Also there's an escrow system on MyGirlFund that works well - the site holds the money, when the girl sends the video it is held for the member - he gets to see just the thumbnail (and maybe the length?), then gets to view the video once the funds are released to the girl. So she sends it, he approves it, she gets the money and he gets the video. Because she doesn't get paid until the video is sent, girls make videos muuuuuucch faster, haha. It works because of the rating system - it's important to maintain good ratings so people don't fuck around.

PunkInDrublic said:
Beachie said:
Maybe it would help if I showed bits and pieces of our conversations? Showing that I have never pressured or pushed... At least, not to my knowledge.
Probably not needed. Some would still find a way to put the blame on you anyway.
Could be, but let it be noted I don't mind sharing and trying to make my points clear. The last thing I want is something to be unclear with misunderstandings and either the model or myself being bashed.
To be completely honest, I just read some of the things back and I may have made one comment that could be slightly pushy, but only, and only after she mentioned it was being uploaded. The comment I made was something along the lines of asking whether or not she had an idea it would be done within a short period, since I had to go offline soon, or if I would/could wake up to a nice surprise, so to speak. Nothing more, nothing less, but I guess that can be classified as slightly pushy.

GenXoxo said:
We don't need to see the convo, I don't think there's any advice we could give that would be changed by reading it. At this point your options are either keep asking about it, or walk away. Maybe wait a few days and message again? But I'm not sure what else we could add.

A few models have mentioned that the joking "bug the editor" comment would annoy them (myself included) - it doesn't make you a jerk or justify her not sending the video. It does come across a bit naggy (after such a short time), but it probably didn't come off as jokingly as you imagined it. I don't think most models would respond in a way that indicated they felt pressured by it but at least personally, I'd be a bit annoyed at the rushiness of it. But it's not a big deal and I don't think anyone's arguing that it warrants bailing on a video, or lying.

I do hope she's just slacking and that you get it soon. I am really shocked at everyone saying how often this stuff happens. That sucks!

Also there's an escrow system on MyGirlFund that works well - the site holds the money, when the girl sends the video it is held for the member - he gets to see just the thumbnail (and maybe the length?), then gets to view the video once the funds are released to the girl. So she sends it, he approves it, she gets the money and he gets the video. Because she doesn't get paid until the video is sent, girls make videos muuuuuucch faster, haha. It works because of the rating system - it's important to maintain good ratings so people don't fuck around.
Understood, including the comment about the nudging. I hope everyone does understand I meant nothing by it, but I can see what you mean... Glad you still think it doesn't make me a jerk, thanks for underlining that, plus that it shouldn't justify the rest of the things that happened (not sending the link a few times, etc.), especially since she confirmed it was done, uploaded and so on. Also thanks for confirming the bit that it shouldn't warrant anything else that happened, or may happen.

I would love for all of this to be one big misunderstanding and/or her to have a legit reason, which I will totally understand (and obviously, she doesn't have to explain everything, but just be honest, as much as you can in this context at least).

The escrow system sounds alright and maybe some sort of variation could work? Whereas as soon as the member accepts the video, there will be no refund? There will always be people complaining, but I think that's the case now anyway?

----------------------

Thanks again, everyone, for your time and efforts! I does not go unnoticed. I appreciate all input! Even the ones that put me straight and let me know some things are indeed considered pushy, even though the intend wasn't there, in all honesty. But seeing the complete picture and the entire story, I do still think I have been quite patient after all she's 'confirmed' and 'promised'.
It still leaves me sort of confused and not really sure what to do. Ugh, this sucks! I don't want to pressure the model too much into stopping all communications and possibly banning, but I do also want to give her more time, if that's what she needs. Just be honest :)
And in the end, I hope I haven't made a fool out of myself with this thread, nor that anyone here things I'm a jerk (or something similar) for anything/everything that's been said in here by me :(

I absolutely misunderstood that he initiated the pm asking about it, to which she replied... not the other way around. My bad... yeah...

Her coming to you and telling you it's done, and starting up the convo totally negates the whole point I was making.

In that case I really don't see where you did anything wrong. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No problem! Glad we cleared the misunderstanding. I have been 'idling' on MFC and I noticed her come online as well, she's been on cam as well. I just left MFC open and went on to do something else, she hasn't contacted me or send anything :(
I guess I'll give her some time, by me not joining her room or saying anything, but just leaving it be. Wait for like a week, see if she tries to contact me at all. If not, I'll send her an MFC mail :think:

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Over the years I have ordered 3 custom videos from ladies on MFC however I am sad to say I have never received any of them. So after the third time I stopped ordering them.

I can't say I didn't try. All the ladies seemed willing to do them all the ladies had no problem giving me a price and taking my tokens. But none delivered and just had excuses and said they hoped to have them done soon.

Oh well. I probably had more much fun imagining doing my videos then I would have if they actually did them. :D

Beachie said:
There's a saying in Dutch, not entirely sure if it's the same in English, but freely translated it goes something like - there are many roads that lead to Rome.
First, I want to say that you have excellent written English - much better than many native English speakers. Second, I believe the saying in English is almost exactly the same: "Many roads lead to Rome."

LittleRedEnvy said:
Beachie said:
There's a saying in Dutch, not entirely sure if it's the same in English, but freely translated it goes something like - there are many roads that lead to Rome.
First, I want to say that you have excellent written English - much better than many native English speakers. Second, I believe the saying in English is almost exactly the same: "Many roads lead to Rome."
Yeah, that's us. It may be because our own language is practically useless outside of, like 2-3 countries, that we end up learning a second one early on and English just happens to be the most common one we learn. It honestly catches me off-guard every time I see one of my countrymen having really crappy English.

legmanct said:
Over the years I have ordered 3 custom videos from ladies on MFC however I am sad to say I have never received any of them. So after the third time I stopped ordering them.

I can't say I didn't try. All the ladies seemed willing to do them all the ladies had no problem giving me a price and taking my tokens. But none delivered and just had excuses and said they hoped to have them done soon.

Oh well. I probably had more much fun imagining doing my videos then I would have if they actually did them. :D
That sucks :(, it's becoming more and more apparent that it's not just members scamming models, unfortunately.

LittleRedEnvy said:
Beachie said:

Wow, thanks! I would like to think that both my written and spoken English is fine, but I'm sometimes afraid that my message doesn't always comes across as I intend to due to specific English phrases or 'slang' maybe. And thanks for confirming the saying! It's phrased slightly differently, but I'm guessing that may also be because of the specific sentence construction.

Leon_Omega said:
LittleRedEnvy said:
Beachie said:
Yeah, that's us. It may be because our own language is practically useless outside of, like 2-3 countries, that we end up learning a second one early on and English just happens to be the most common one we learn. It honestly catches me off-guard every time I see one of my countrymen having really crappy English.

To be honest, I dislike my native language (Dutch). It's 'ugly', not to mention it being one of the hardest languages to 'master' across the world, apart from for example Arabic, Chinese/Mandarin and the likes, but as far as I'm aware it's right up there.

-------------------------------

But back to topic - I'm trying on my thinking cap, hoping I can figure out how to best contact her and what exactly I should say... Maybe I'll compile something and show a draft here, if that's okay with you and maybe even get some feedback on it, perhaps especially from models as to how they would respond in such a situation?

Either way, thanks once again for the constant input and replies! I really hope the situation gets sorted, rather sooner than later :)

PlayboyMegan said:
Misono said:
An ideal solution would be some sort of escrow service. The tokens are paid into a holding account, custom details are agreed, then the tokens get released to the model once delivery is confirmed.

If MFC could implement that, it would solve a lot of issues.
That would cause more problems than fix it. You would have a ton of guys coming up with lame excuses to get their money back and admins would have to watch the girls video and read their conversation to see if she did what was expected.
"I purchased a video, but the model had a stand of hair in her eye, I want my money back!"

That is the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard from anyone, ever. Your award is in the post.

The system seems to work on other sites, such as ExtraLunchMoney. What is that prohibitive that it wouldn't work on MFC? Over there, the buyer lets the model know the requirements. The model then accepts the deal, or rejects it.

At that point, funds are held by ELM. Once received, it appears that the timeframe is set for the turnaround, and the buyer confirms receipt. This part requires guesswork, because I've not received a custom from there, but I believe the seller can file a dispute after a certain period of time as well. But everything seems to have an audit trail.

How on earth could something like that for MFC be that bad an idea? I can see the reasons MFC wouldn't want to get involved, but that would be the ideal solution to the issue, rather than models just telling people to suck it up and deal with it.

Misono said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Misono said:
An ideal solution would be some sort of escrow service. The tokens are paid into a holding account, custom details are agreed, then the tokens get released to the model once delivery is confirmed.

That would cause more problems than fix it. You would have a ton of guys coming up with lame excuses to get their money back and admins would have to watch the girls video and read their conversation to see if she did what was expected.
"I purchased a video, but the model had a stand of hair in her eye, I want my money back!"

That is the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard from anyone, ever. Your award is in the post.

The system seems to work on other sites, such as ExtraLunchMoney. What is that prohibitive that it wouldn't work on MFC? Over there, the buyer lets the model know the requirements. The model then accepts the deal, or rejects it.

At that point, funds are held by ELM. Once received, it appears that the timeframe is set for the turnaround, and the buyer confirms receipt. This part requires guesswork, because I've not received a custom from there, but I believe the seller can file a dispute after a certain period of time as well. But everything seems to have an audit trail.

How on earth could something like that for MFC be that bad an idea? I can see the reasons MFC wouldn't want to get involved, but that would be the ideal solution to the issue, rather than models just telling people to suck it up and deal with it.

Well for one, many many guys will request customs and then "change their mind" or not accept the video. It's happened to me on mygirlfund plenty of times. So I'm out all the time it took to record and then edit the video with nothing in return and I'll have a video in hand that likely no one else would be interested in.

MFC isn't like MGF or ELM where a lot of transactions are between people that have never interacted with each other, which is why escrow makes sense. Seeing as MFC is of a highly social nature most transactions for custom videos are between a member and model who have some sort of history of knowing each other so escrow is less necessary. If you want to buy a custom from some model you barely know use ELM or MGF and use their escrow system. If you want a custom from a model you have gotten to know, use MFC and tip for it. If you don't know a model very well, don't get a custom from her.

I will say what I always say when someone wants MFC to utilize another site's feature that is totally different from anything MFC has ever done:

If you like the escrow service on ELM, go to ELM. oh, your favorite model is on MFC and not ELM? Maybe there's a reason for that.

For better or worse, one of the things that makes MFC MFC is that it's kind of like the Wild Wild West. The reason it attracts the models it does is because of the immense control we have over our rooms. The reason it has the fun shows it has is because of the immense control we have over our rooms.

Yeah, it sucks that there are scammers, but if you're really worried about it, only buy custom videos from established girls you know will deliver, or go off-site to a place that offers the escrow.

SexyStephXS said:
Misono said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Misono said:

Well for one, many many guys will request customs and then "change their mind" or not accept the video. It's happened to me on mygirlfund plenty of times. So I'm out all the time it took to record and then edit the video with nothing in return and I'll have a video in hand that likely no one else would be interested in.

MFC isn't like MGF or ELM where a lot of transactions are between people that have never interacted with each other, which is why escrow makes sense. Seeing as MFC is of a highly social nature most transactions for custom videos are between a member and model who have some sort of history of knowing each other so escrow is less necessary. If you want to buy a custom from some model you barely know use ELM or MGF and use their escrow system. If you want a custom from a model you have gotten to know, use MFC and tip for it. If you don't know a model very well, don't get a custom from her.

Even that getting to know someone doesn't count for anything though. I've ordered one from a model I'd known for months on MFC, and it took an eternity to actually get what I was told would take a week. It was only when I logged in and saw them offering new customs I opted to pipe up in public and ask where mine was that I'd ordered a long time beforehand.

I get MFC is the social side of things. I've been around the site since 2010, but it's too common, and you hear all sorts of stories from people about it. Yes it also happens the other way around, but how many MFC models take payment after it has been recorded? None that I know of would do it.

I know escrow is something MFC won't do. But having a system of that sort protects the model and the member. Until then, models aren't really accountable for their actions.

I'm always a little surprised at all the custom video scams I hear about on these pages. I have never been stiffed on a custom video on MFC, and I've gotten at least a dozen over the last few years...from several models.

I have been stiffed on Streamate but it was usually a pretty casual thing...like "high tipper in the Gold Show gets a custom video." Not that that makes it right, but I'd be in a constant state of anxiety if I worried about them all that much. lol

Even if MFC did have an escrow service, only the honest models would use it and the non-honest models would continue taking a standard tip in exchange like they do now.

Plus lots of models count all tokens towards things like shows and such... MFC just isn't the right site for something that is designed solely to serve purpose on a content-only selling site like ELM or MGF.

Nordling said:
I'm always a little surprised at all the custom video scams I hear about on these pages. I have never been stiffed on a custom video on MFC, and I've gotten at least a dozen over the last few years...from several models.

I have been stiffed on Streamate but it was usually a pretty casual thing...like "high tipper in the Gold Show gets a custom video." Not that that makes it right, but I'd be in a constant state of anxiety if I worried about them all that much. lol

I kind of wonder if we hear about so many because guys just randomly buy customs from girls that are offering them and not girls they're familiar with?

SexyStephXS said:
Nordling said:

I kind of wonder if we hear about so many because guys just randomly buy customs from girls that are offering them and not girls they're familiar with?

That's a big "yup" for me :(

Reactions: Nordling
SexyStephXS said:
Nordling said:

I knew all the models, and had bought things from them before. I also was not bargain hunting, or asking for extreme fetish things either.

Reactions: Gen
On both MGF and ELM, if the guy doesn't accept the video within a certain time frame (24 hours on MGF, I believe a week on ELM), the girl can automatically accept the credits. I've never been stiffed on an escrow and I've done a lot of them. I do think that the feedback options on both sites really make it important not to fuck around, though.

Either way I don't think it works with the vibe of MFC or what MFC wants. They want to be hands off with stuff like content for sale, which is fine. I wouldn't use escrow on there.

I don't think things like bargain hunting or approaching girls you don't know well justifies it though, especially since lots of guys in this thread and others have stated that it's happened with girls they know and girls they don't, for cheap and not-so-cheap things. Obviously MFC is "tip at your own risk" because there's no accountability with the site or with feedback - but as a model it concerns me that this is happening so often because I can imagine for every ACF member who gets their tokens taken and moves on to another model, there are guys who think "camgirls are all scamming batches, fuck MFC" and leaves forever. That sucks!

SexyStephXS said:
Nordling said:

Just guessing, but I think that's a very good possibility. Explains why the times it's happened to me were on Streamate and during random Gold Shows.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
GenXoxo said:
I don't think things like bargain hunting or approaching girls you don't know well justifies it though, especially since lots of guys in this thread and others have stated that it's happened with girls they know and girls they don't, for cheap and not-so-cheap things. Obviously MFC is "tip at your own risk" because there's no accountability with the site or with feedback - but as a model it concerns me that this is happening so often because I can imagine for every ACF member who gets their tokens taken and moves on to another model, there are guys who think "camgirls are all scamming batches, fuck MFC" and leaves forever. That sucks!

I definitely don't think it justifies it, but it sort of makes sense.

Plus, when it's not a fetishy video, I don't understand the appeal of a custom from a girl you haven't spent time with. Especially since most custom requests I've gotten are plain old "I just want you to masturbate"

I'm always super shocked to hear how common this is too, so much so that some members have it happen multiple times!?! That seems so crazy to me!
I dunno, if someone is willing to spend money on a custom video from me, I'd kinda like them to come back! WTPoop!

I mean, I've heard some doozies and really good reasons to not complete a request. Such as tipping 'just because' and asking for custom videos a week later... or tipping on an agreed theme and then demanding something totally different and against the models rules or boundaries after... but not that often! Like, a handful of times in almost 4 years...

But just never getting around to it, and brushing it under the rug like no big deal is awful! BAD! SUPER BAD! Don't do that girls, please! If you need extra time, for whatever reason just keep the fella updated... they usually never mind as long as they are kept in the loop.

SexyStephXS said:
Nordling said:

I suspect that number of guys that randomly wander into a models room and say I like this chick. I am just going fork over $50-$500 for a custom video or a skype is very small. The exceptions would be guys who have an unusual fetish. Now imagine models do a get a lot of inquiries from new guys in the rooms, but in most cases these
guys are trying to scam you with Paypal or just trying to get off by seeing how far a model will go.

I'd be curious how many models have done custom videos for MFC members for tokens who you've only seen once or twice in your room. Also remember guys often perv on girl as guest or lounge before deciding to talk or tip.

I don't know if escrow is A much less THE solution to the problem. I do know non deliver is a problem, Nordling is literally the only high spending member I know that hasn't had an issue with content delivery, although it did sound like he got stiffed. I think MFC should take a more proactive role resolving dispute. I would be much less inclined to try skirt around buying tokens and pay for things with giftrockets, or giftcards, if I felt MFC acted as an arbitrator . My experience with getting MFC involved in these dispute has actually being pretty good, but it seems like I'm in the minority, with other members either not trying or getting ignored.

As for members abusing things like refund yes it does happen, but every business and artist, huge or small has to deal with customer refunds and complaints. It is the nature of the business.
As Misino says the big issue is their isn't any mechanism to hold models accountable for their (lack of) action.

I know I have become increasingly reluctant to tip for things which are going to be created and delivered in the future. It is not so much that I even care that much about the thing in question, I just hate having to nag for stuff. If I don't nag, my experience is I often don't get it and I detest feeling ripped off. If others feel the same way and they spend less and this harms the responsible models.

GenXoxo said:

I wish I could thank this post more than once..... But thank you :clap:

Reactions: Beachie and Gen
MFC did change there stance on models offering things for tokens and not following through a while ago, I think the biggest issue is... as you mentioned HiGirls... members not even attempting to contact MFC at all.

There was even an official model news released about it at the time, that they would be taking action for scams of this sort. I just suggest that before you contact MFC to MFCmail the model or PM attempting to resolve the issue that way first, so that they have proper record of it.

Unlike some sites *cough cough* MFC does like to investigate and have proof before taking such actions.

I have read all the above replies, but I will probably respond to them later haha! :)

Basically, the model is online now and hasn't contacted me still, same yesterday. I am so tempted to just ask her in PM what's going on, but afraid to say the wrong thing which will stop communication at all, maybe even her banning me.
It's weird, because in the past, when she noticed I was online, she would send me a message with an update, but ever since the last contact (the 25th, me asking -the then- last time if she could send the link when she logged off, which she hasn't) we basically haven't been in touch.

Along what lines would be best to contact her...
1) "Hey, I noticed you haven't send me the link to the video yet, which I don't mind at all if you are for example too busy or just got caught up with something. I don't mind you not having filmed it, or maybe it's stuck in editing. Would it be okay if you got like an extra week or two? I don't mind if for whatever reason it hasn't been finished yet, but please be honest!" - with the risk of her stalling & stalling
2) "Hey, I noticed you haven't managed to send the link yet, what happened? Could you still send it?" - with the risk of her saying "when I log off" and her again not sending it
3) "Hey, I haven't received a link for the video yet, could you send it to me? If not I may contact MFC support." - with the risk of her just ignoring me and MFC support won't get me anywhere
4) "Hey, I noticed you haven't send me the link yet, even though you had plenty of chances and opportunities. I feel forced to contact MFC support if you don't send it within xx days and have them sort this out." - with the risk of her just ignoring me and MFC support won't get me anywhere

Basically, it feels a bit weird not talking to her either in PM or in her room, because we have basically always been in touch. Albeit with her dragging things out. Like I said, ever since our last PM'ing and I guess since I posted this thread, we haven't been in contact.

I'm confused and stumped on what to do... Part of me still would like the video, obviously, but another part says to just contact support, let them deal with it (or not) and just move on completely, hoping I will either receive the video still or maybe a refund?

Have you checked your spam box yet, since you requested it be taken to email VS. MFCmail? Maybe it's there? :dontknow:

I would say to your above choices, each of them accuses the model of not sending it (which very well may be true) but if your desire is to stay friends with her or avoid defensive reactions, I would phrase it more as a "not received" vs "not sent."

That way it doesn't create a weird dynamic, especially if she DID send it and the internet ate it some how or she made an honest mistake on your email address or something.

Just like... "Hey, I'm so sorry to bother you with this again but I never got the link for the custom video. Since it's been weird sending a few times, do you mind just posting it to the PM window here? That way we can be sure it arrives and we don't have to keep messing with it?"

I see zero reason than any honest model would have any opposition to this at all, especially after the multiple "failed" attempts. An honest model would want to make it good as soon as possible! If that doesn't work for her than I see no other way to look at it than as you getting hosed, and I would contact support for a refund, which she will see, and prepare to find another model friend.

JoleneBrody said:
Have you checked your spam box yet, since you requested it be taken to email VS. MFCmail? Maybe it's there? :dontknow:

I would say to your above choices, each of them accuses the model of not sending it (which very well may be true) but if your desire is to stay friends with her or avoid defensive reactions, I would phrase it more as a "not received" vs "not sent."

That way it doesn't create a weird dynamic, especially if she DID send it and the internet ate it some how or she made an honest mistake on your email address or something.

Just like... "Hey, I'm so sorry to bother you with this again but I never got the link for the custom video. Since it's been weird sending a few times, do you mind just posting it to the PM window here? That way we can be sure it arrives and we don't have to keep messing with it?"

I see zero reason than any honest model would have any opposition to this at all, especially after the multiple "failed" attempts. An honest model would want to make it good as soon as possible! If that doesn't work for her than I see no other way to look at it than as you getting hosed, and I would contact support for a refund, which she will see, and prepare to find another model friend.
Thanks for the quick response :) !

And yeah, I regularly check my e-mail, plus I often actually click on the MFC Mail link just to check as well, since MFC doesn't always show the "New Mail" notification, but nothing there.

In regards to "not received" vs "not sent" that's a very good point and I probably would have said that instead of "not sent" in the actual message, but that's good point indeed! By the way, I am not 'stuck' the above 4 options, so if you have another suggestion, please feel free to share! The suggestion you did make with the "Hey, I'm so sorry to bother..." sounds a lot better than mine :)

If things go 'haywire' (total overstatement of course), I totally don't mind finding 'another model friend' as you put it haha, I hadn't really visited her before I made the order, so it won't be a 'loss' as in losing someone I've chatted with for a long time. If you don't mind, I'll probably use some if not most of your example sentence when contacting her in a few (which I'm still pondering about haha)

Did you PM her last night? any luck?

----

I think my approach would have been something along "hello, I still haven't received that custom video unfortunately, if maybe you haven't shot it yet, would you be so kind to do so asap? I'd love to hear back from you before the weekend. If it's all done and uploaded, could you paste the link right here? then we're all done. thank you "

of course, with better grammar and what Jolene said, but I would have given her a windows to open up about it not being finished as well as a deadline, because she could probably drag this out forever.
so if you take this approach you can send her one last message on friday saying you're done waiting and taking the problem to MFC support.

Status
Not open for further replies.