AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What to do if you find out someone you have been talking to online is a Liar and a possible fake.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2016
Caspiar
I will admit I have had some burns in the past. Personally, I can now say I blame myself for a lot of this, I didn't take proper precautions etc. At the time I had my burns all there was to really rely upon was pictures of someone, webcams were available but pretty expensive, so it was a valid excuse if someone told you they did not have one. Anyways, so I found a person was fake way back when and I was ticked off but I didn't do anything about it and the laws etc weren't as concrete as I think maybe (not even sure if they are now) they may be now. So I got over being pranked or whatever you want to call it and moved on.

My question is I have run into the same type of situation etc and I will not post details of it all but I am curious if this happened to you would you just let it go or would you involve the authorities in the matter. I just do not want to deal with the headache but I am wondering if I should let them know. Using someone else's stuff and saying they are someone else or them saying you were talking to their girlfriend vs them, when it was really them etc Let me just say this is a member of a cam site not a model just to be clear on that.

I know this happens to women a lot and models sometimes as well, but it does happen to men too. I am just curious on opinions on the matter and what you would do in situations you have had or what you have done. Also I have cut ties with this person and they have not tried to contact me again so there is no stalking or anything going on, at least to my knowledge, should I do it just to be on the safe side, or should I just leave it alone to protect my online anon status? Just hung up, it is an adult cam site and not that I have done anything wrong but you really do not want them going through all of that over a complaint you have on someone else, which is why I am asking what you people in the forum may, have or might do in this type of situation..?

What I mean is I just do not want my private life exposed because well it is private so I am struggling over whether it is worth it or not. Thanks for any input. They do have my number though.

The authorities can't do anything so don't waste your time. There are no laws about this online.

Cam sites are a fantasy, for members included. People can be, or do whatevs they want.

I have no idea what the situation is? Like if you aren't talking to each other then just leave it at that? You don't want to start anything, stir people up, or give them ideas.

There are no laws about this online.

Oh, okay, I thought there were laws in Texas and California etc about someone using other peoples pictures to pretend to be someone else. I suppose I have no recourse then, not trying to stir anything up, just wondering if I should hold them accountable, I am hoping they were just bored and now that I have cut contact they will just leave me alone.

Even if there are laws about that, it's just not something that they'd enforce...too many resources would be used.

A few months ago, I had my CC number stolen by someone and they spent about $500 of my money...my bank was able to get the charges reversed but they told me that they don't bother trying to nab the culprit. Disappointing but it's online reality.

Online is Fantasyland, no point complaining abou fake profiles of fake websites or fake investment schemes....
My rule is don't invest more financially or emotionally than you are prepared to lose online and you need to be lucky not to lose....

So be more careful next time and don't waste time and energy on the past....

Online is for fun and real life is for serious...

:)

Reactions: WickedTouch
Bearing in mind that I don't know the details of the situation, I can tell you that this has happened to me a lot as well! I drum up tons of online relationships with people, ever since I was very young. Some friends have been true and stuck by for over a decade! Others have completely fabricated everything about themselves.

It BURNS me up when I find out! I want them to admit the truth and apologize for making me look like a baffoon! However, I've learned that the quicker you can cut them out of your life clean, the better. You'll just get more lies.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened! Just know that this is fairly common on the Internet and you're not alone.

Hmm. 217 views, 6 replies as of 2-26-16. Interesting. :jawdrop:

I read a ton of threads (usually giving multiple views as I click to see new replies) and don't reply to all of them. I always feel weird when people point out the discrepancy between views and replies, like its guilting folks for not answering, when really you don't need every person saying "agreed" or "ya same".

Anyways like @SanaMusume ive had lots of internet friends and a few have turned out to be liars. One of them was my closest friend at the time, she had lied to me from the beginning before realizing we would actually become friends and then it was too late to back out of the lie. Agree with Sana that the best thing to do is drop them and move on.

This kind of ties in with your situation, but I'll just tell you anyway because it's the only solid advice I can give on the subject. Fortunately I was never "catfished" as they call it now, where someone tricked me into talking to them with some alluring photos. But I will say that even when you're talking to someone online that IS the person in the pictures they send you, there's still a huge chance of you being let down by who they truly are on the inside.

I always feel weird when people point out the discrepancy between views and replies, like its guilting folks for not answering

Well I apologize, :sorry: this was not my intent, I just found it interesting. Got the chill pill emoticon. *Takes chill pill*:muted: Hilarious! HaHa!:hilarious: I love those things! Thanks for all the helpful and funny comments related to the post! ;)

I think unless your actively on cam with the person then there is never a way to know if they are in fact the person you are looking at in the pics. Even at that if it is a cam girls aren't always what they seem on cam. My personality on cam is very much me but not what I am 100% of the time there are other sides that guys don't see.

I personally think if you are going to become friends or whatever online then you need to see the person in question on cam talking over skype or cam sites. However like its been said the internet allows for fabrication and fantasy. The only bonus is that this person hasn't tried to contact you, so personally I would leave it move on.

I think the reason for the high number of views is the catchy title. The reason you have a low number of replies is because there really is no story or situation to respond to.

My answer for "we have been talking as friends a couple months and I realize this person is a guy and not a girl." Is going to be different than my answer to "we have been talking as friends for years and I even sent her money a month ago that she is suppose to pay me back...then I get a message from a guys wife asking why I'm talking to her husband."

Ya know? It's hard to respond when we don't know the actual situation...or even a very brief run down.

In any case it's always hard to accept someone isn't who you thought they were. Hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.