AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was your first day like?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vulpes

Cam Model
Feb 6, 2017
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@contact_high_
Streamate Username
LunaZega
Chaturbate Username
contact_high
Hi all!

I had my first day today and made $50 within 4 hours. It was 50 minutes of private chat. Is this okay?

What is the rating process like on Streamate? I think I got some bad ratings because I told people that I wasn't comfortable with nudity quite yet.

How do you get more people to come to your room?

Tomorrow I'm rocking a school girl/librarian look in hopes of getting more fans. I want to try cosplaying later this week.

Also would appreciate any ideas for getting tips/private chats without nudity. I am practicing hula hooping so I could also do that on my show and I'm going to try to learn a song on guitar.

If you have received (unfair) bad ratings, I believe you can contact support to have them removed. Have you actually checked your ratings to see if you got less than 5 stars? Ratings are really important as far as ranking goes, and having bad ratings on your first day can be super hard to work with since you don't have a bunch of other ratings to help buffer. Rating stay active for 90 days. You can view them under the "My Users" tab when signed in. If you definitely don't want to get nude yet, make sure you're in the "non-nude" category--you can change this later. Make sure to make it clear in your room topic as well as verbally/text before a show so that there is no miscommunication.

I made 226 tokens and did a full hour cum show. This was on CB. So like over ten bucks.

If you aren't comfortable with nudity, make sure you put on your profile you are a non-nude model. So when you get a bad rating from someone not happy with it, you have it clear in writing. I would also have a saved chat explaining you are a non-nude model after they ask you to get naked. So not only are your telling them verbally, but in writing too. Don't say you aren't comfortable yet, just I'm a non-nude model. Plain and simple. Show them you have confidence, sometimes that is all what it takes.You can have rating removed if they are below 4 stars if they are unfair and can be justified. And make sure to take screenshots.

Best thing with sm is to stick to schedule, so you can build up regs.

No one can tell you if what you make is okay or good. That's up to you and what your comfortable with and the living you need to make.

Many of your questions are answered over and over on this forum. Honestly doing a search will bring you a wide variety of perspective on all these things. The ability to do this research is honestly a skill that will aide you in your camming endeavors.

Hi all!

I had my first day today and made $50 within 4 hours. It was 50 minutes of private chat. Is this okay?

What is the rating process like on Streamate? I think I got some bad ratings because I told people that I wasn't comfortable with nudity quite yet.

How do you get more people to come to your room?

Tomorrow I'm rocking a school girl/librarian look in hopes of getting more fans. I want to try cosplaying later this week.

Also would appreciate any ideas for getting tips/private chats without nudity. I am practicing hula hooping so I could also do that on my show and I'm going to try to learn a song on guitar.

Like it's been said before make clear you're non-nude on SM. SM has a ton of affiliate sites with very implying names so things like non-nude can be very confusing to a customer if it's not clear right away. I would even say for you to go out of your way to show what you will do instead. BJ, Gagging, Masturbation, Vibration doesn't require you take off any clothes. When selling a product, for ever NO you give make sure you offer some YES also so the customer can come of with alternate plans. Penetration isn't the only use for toys.

If by non-nude you mean completely non-sexual you need to be even more clear. Since you're talking about guitars and hula hoops I'm thinking your doing non-sexual which is far more than just non-nude.

Having anything but a 5 star rating almost removes you from the first 5 pages of SM so make sure your search tags and the words in your bio are very clear since they all serve as searchable criteria. In your case since the non-nude would already be confusing make clear was services your offer in both pvt and exclusive. Understand that to most guys "talk" isn't considered a service so make sure you actually have a plan for your privates. The only thing worse than not being 5 stars is having a "time waster" comment on your account.

If you have received (unfair) bad ratings, I believe you can contact support to have them removed. Have you actually checked your ratings to see if you got less than 5 stars? Ratings are really important as far as ranking goes, and having bad ratings on your first day can be super hard to work with since you don't have a bunch of other ratings to help buffer. Rating stay active for 90 days. You can view them under the "My Users" tab when signed in. If you definitely don't want to get nude yet, make sure you're in the "non-nude" category--you can change this later. Make sure to make it clear in your room topic as well as verbally/text before a show so that there is no miscommunication.
Lily,

Thanks so much for the helpful reply! I am willing to go topless, but can't show anything below because it's that time of the month. I'll contact support about ratings. I have had 2 people see me consistently, hopefully they will be regulars. :) right now I can get 5-8 people in my room, which I know isn't many. Trying to find how to convince more people to go private.

I made 226 tokens and did a full hour cum show. This was on CB. So like over ten bucks.

If you aren't comfortable with nudity, make sure you put on your profile you are a non-nude model. So when you get a bad rating from someone not happy with it, you have it clear in writing. I would also have a saved chat explaining you are a non-nude model after they ask you to get naked. So not only are your telling them verbally, but in writing too. Don't say you aren't comfortable yet, just I'm a non-nude model. Plain and simple. Show them you have confidence, sometimes that is all what it takes.You can have rating removed if they are below 4 stars if they are unfair and can be justified. And make sure to take screenshots.

Best thing with sm is to stick to schedule, so you can build up regs.
Thanks for the input, Audri!

I've had 2 people consistently see me so I think that's a good sign. My first two hours of camming were really slow but it got better later in the day.

I want to do full nudity soon, but right now Mother Nature is working against me.

Like it's been said before make clear you're non-nude on SM. SM has a ton of affiliate sites with very implying names so things like non-nude can be very confusing to a customer if it's not clear right away. I would even say for you to go out of your way to show what you will do instead. BJ, Gagging, Masturbation, Vibration doesn't require you take off any clothes. When selling a product, for ever NO you give make sure you offer some YES also so the customer can come of with alternate plans. Penetration isn't the only use for toys.

If by non-nude you mean completely non-sexual you need to be even more clear. Since you're talking about guitars and hula hoops I'm thinking your doing non-sexual which is far more than just non-nude.

Having anything but a 5 star rating almost removes you from the first 5 pages of SM so make sure your search tags and the words in your bio are very clear since they all serve as searchable criteria. In your case since the non-nude would already be confusing make clear was services your offer in both pvt and exclusive. Understand that to most guys "talk" isn't considered a service so make sure you actually have a plan for your privates. The only thing worse than not being 5 stars is having a "time waster" comment on your account.
Thanks for the input! Offering a "yes" to every "no" is great advice.

I'm comfortable doing nudity, just not right now so I'm trying to find other ways to entertain. I also don't have any toys. I have one vibrator that isn't the best but it helps. I guess I should offer masturbation in my topic or description.

I've had a lot of dirty talk in free chat, which is awesome but I have to find better ways to persuade users to go to private.

can't show anything below because it's that time of the month.

Have you tried a soft cup? They sell them at CVS/Walmart/Amazon and you can have full penetrative sex without your partner even knowing. So you can do pretty much anything on cam with one in ~

Reactions: vulpes and AudriTwo
Have you tried a soft cup? They sell them at CVS/Walmart/Amazon and you can have full penetrative sex without your partner even knowing. So you can do pretty much anything on cam with one in ~
A lot of models also use tampons with the string tucked or cut, and just be clear that there's no penetration that day, but can still tease and show off--apparently members are understanding if you let them know it's that time of the month. I personally dont have many periods due to birth control, but when I do, I use a sea spong, which is much more comfortable than a tampon and penetration is possible with those.

I want to do full nudity soon, but right now Mother Nature is working against me.

I looooooooooove softcups! Softcups are available at CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, and Kroger. But it looks like a drought may happen soon. Low supply and was bought out by Flex: http://softcup.com/newsletter.html

Check them out too. They are pretty much the same thing. https://flexfits.com/

This is pretty exciting!

I'm looking into good shows, but they make me nervous. I'd appreciate any advice on how long gold shows generally last (ex. How long should I leave my top off? How much should I charge).

I'm on SM right now but I'll try out MFC next week.
Ugh I meant more along the lines of: what to do (and how long) and how to get gold. A really nice member came into my room today and gave me some pointers on gold tips and I made $10 really fast, which makes me think it might be better than pvt or exclusive sometimes. I've made $100 on some days just doing pvt and exclusive.

My first day, was not good. I made only 100 tokens on Chaturbate, and I was so shy and nervous the whole time I ended up giving away things for free like taking off my shirt that I should not have done. Some liked how nervous I was but most the viewers found it as a turn off, so fake confidence til you mke it. I'm doing quite a bit better now and I'm nowhere near as nervous so that's good and improving, as well as my viewer base which is small but I'm slowly growing :D Ooh and I'll definitely also have to get a diva cup! They sound super handy for when Mother Nature is working against me so I don't have to stop working :p

My first day, was not good. I made only 100 tokens on Chaturbate, and I was so shy and nervous the whole time I ended up giving away things for free like taking off my shirt that I should not have done. Some liked how nervous I was but most the viewers found it as a turn off, so fake confidence til you mke it. I'm doing quite a bit better now and I'm nowhere near as nervous so that's good and improving, as well as my viewer base which is small but I'm slowly growing :D Ooh and I'll definitely also have to get a diva cup! They sound super handy for when Mother Nature is working against me so I don't have to stop working :p

When was your first day? I was shy and nervous too! I worked 6 days in a row this week, some days were better than others but I'm definitely not as nervous as I was the first 2 days. My first private show was so awkward! I've had a couple of people try to trick me into doing dirty chat with them on the public chat too. I love my Divacup, I'm never going back. ^_^

It was about two weeks ago now. I've been camming as often as I can since then but I've read from multiple sources that to reach full camming potential you should cam consistently at the same time on the same days which is unfortunately not possible for me with my roommates. I try to go at least daily though! Do you find working days in a row helps pick things up? And my first pvt was the same, I was very shy and nervous but I got into the flow of things.

I've only been camming for a week, I work at a studio because I live with parents. I definitely feel like going online days in a row around the same time is the most effective way to build a regular fan base. I had 2 people tell me that they came online just to look for me and they were glad I was on around the same time. People that connect with you really enjoy knowing when you will be online. Today was my only day off! My schedule is M-F 9-5 (I have to do 300 minutes a day or 1500 a week). I plan on working next Saturday too just to work on getting regulars.
How many hours are you able to cam a day?
If you can't be on at the same time every day or a few days in a row, maybe you can start a twitter and let people know when you will be online so they can look out for you. :)

I do have a Twitter! :) I find it's really helpful especially to let people know when I'm online, how the show went, connect with other cam girls etc, etc. I actually have it so if you click on my bio pic that's on CB it leads to my twittter :D I totally forgot to put a Twitter symbol on my new bio pic tho so I'll have to edit that. Usuallly I can cam for 9-3 ish while my one roommate is at school and the others at work but my partner sleeps in the same bed as me sooooo I have to wait until their awake enough I can kick them out of the room without being murdered from early morning sleepy bear lol. I generally cam 2-3 hours and so far that's been working pretty good! Today was a really good day for me, I had 60 viewers at one point and made a 345 token tip which is my biggest tip so far!

Do you like working at a studio? I live in a small hick-ass town so there def prob isn't one around me haha

Sounds like you've got a good routine going! 60 viewers sounds impressive! I usually have anywhere from 1-8 people in my room at a time (SM) before someone takes me private.
I don't have many followers on my Twitter, but I still post in hopes of attracting people. I'll follow you!

Working at this studio is awesome! Mostly for the privacy angle. Once I get established and have my own place, I'd like to cam from home with support from the studio for promotion, gear, pics/videos.

My first day was amazing and nerve racking!

I had no idea what to expect and had only researched camming for a week.

I have never received so many pm's again as I did the first couple of days.

I had planned on being a none nude model and dancing/playing music for tokens, which was extremely lucrative in the beginning with *New model* Status on MyFreeCams. I believe I made close to $1000 my first night with no nudity.

The pressure to show more in order to keep the tokens coming in began shortly after and I ended up becoming a full nude/hardcore model within the first month.

I have no regrets, and perhaps having started as non nude made members eager to change my mind/throw tokens at me, though that was not my intention.

I'm almost at my 1 year cammiversary now! Although I took several months off for work offline. Glad to be back!

Hope you all have a blast :)

From what I've been reading Chaturbate generally has more traffic than SM just because I think its been around longer? Not too sure why but I know theres generally just more traffic, which doesn't necessarily mean more tips since the vast majority of the users in my room are greys, with a few coloured names right at the top. I've actually gotten up to 90 viewers now so thats good :) My regular camming seems to be building an awesome follower base and I've even had greys willing to buy tokens for me so thats awesome!

I bet working at a studio is awesome. So many times I've had to get shows short because my roommates came home early or something along those lines and it sucks because I lose potential tips and followers. One day I too would like to have my own place to cam from, I think that would be the best especially if I made enough money from camming. Big goal, I suppose, but one day. If I move to the city hopefully I could find the support of a studio as well.

@Avril A $1000?! What? How? I'm happy you are glad to be back and hope you are having fun too. But again, how???? lol I guess I'm just trying to occupy a niche and it might make me less money but it still makes me happy.

@SexiNerdLexi Some rich dude just liked me, took me to true private for a long time (to try to slowly get me to show him more) my camscore skyrocketed, therefore I was shown near the top of the page when people first come to the site and had a big *New Model* Sign over my avatar. Domino effect up or down on that site sometimes.

@SexiNerdLexi Some rich dude just liked me, took me to true private for a long time (to try to slowly get me to show him more) my camscore skyrocketed, therefore I was shown near the top of the page when people first come to the site and had a big *New Model* Sign over my avatar. Domino effect up or down on that site sometimes.
@SexiNerdiLexi

Oh I see I see. Well a rich guy can find my CB channel anytime lol, although I'm glad I don't really have to worry about camscore on CB, it sounds like kind of a hassle honestly.

I think it can sometimes be your best friend or your worst enemy. There are lots of other ways for models to get discovered on MFC, and members can arrange who shows up first on the front page however they like, but new members/guests probably don't find those options right away. It personally causes me a lot of stress to worry about signing out if I don't make a certain amount within 30 or so minutes, but I might miss out on being discovered by new fans by only being on when I'm busy :/

I was lucky on my first day on CB since my friend was there to support me and that really helped and made it fun. I did my first day on MFC the other day and it was pretty nerve wrecking but I managed it and I'm pretty proud of myself. Trying to make my time online consistent since that's useful to me and anyone who watches me. It's usually only 3 hours because I don't have a lot of energy but I plan to increase it in the future if I can.

I think it's hard to say what success looks like because each person is different and I'm more concerned how it will go when I lose my new model status on MFC.

I was lucky on my first day on CB since my friend was there to support me and that really helped and made it fun. I did my first day on MFC the other day and it was pretty nerve wrecking but I managed it and I'm pretty proud of myself. Trying to make my time online consistent since that's useful to me and anyone who watches me. It's usually only 3 hours because I don't have a lot of energy but I plan to increase it in the future if I can.

I think it's hard to say what success looks like because each person is different and I'm more concerned how it will go when I lose my new model status on MFC.

With a positive attitude and a friendly personality you'll do great!

Status
Not open for further replies.