AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What were your best cam related investments?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LineahRose

Deactivated Account
Inactive Cam Model
Apr 13, 2014
United States
chaturbate.com
I have a HD cam, high end laptop, the best internet possoble in my area, and good lighting. What other things should I buy to help make camming more lucrative?

I have some amazon giftcards I need to spend so if its available on amazon that would be great also.

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. My next purchase is going to be furnishing my camming area to make it more interesting/unique/inviting. You'll probably want a P.O. box if you plan on sending/receiving gifts. And also toys, if you're planning on those type of shows.

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. My next purchase is going to be furnishing my camming area to make it more interesting/unique/inviting. You'll probably want a P.O. box if you plan on sending/receiving gifts. And also toys, if you're planning on those type of shows.
I have upwards of 30+ toys already. >.< and I am planning on getting a po box again. I'm never sure what to buy with my giftcards except for really expensive things I'll never afford

Vixen Creations Vixskin Dildos. (They're on amazon too!)

I will never ever ever use anything else for my realistic dildo needs omg.
They're pricey but I've used them for ...I think 3 years now? Body safe, durable, feels the closest to actual cock.

I used to be the type to buy cheap toxic toys, put condoms on them then over a month or 2 they would turn gross. (splotchy, smelly, changing texture) THAT cost more having to replace over and over vs investing in high quality body safe toys

Once you are happy with your cam necessities, invest in yourself, get something you really want, something fun you can tell your members about/ share with them....go horse riding/ surfing/ to a burlesque show/ comicon or anything worth sharing. Making yourself a more interesting person is always a wise investment.
Edit: Something from amazon...roller skates, every model should have roller skates :)

Mine was when I got my laptop compared to always sitting at my desktop pc. I can put the laptop on my bed or sit on the floor in my lounge room and I feel it puts me at ease. Making it easier to be myself and not be too awkward or let my social anxiety show.

I got it cheap secondhand from a friend so it didn't set me back much.

Once you are happy with your cam necessities, invest in yourself, get something you really want, something fun you can tell your members about/ share with them....go horse riding/ surfing/ to a burlesque show/ comicon or anything worth sharing. Making yourself a more interesting person is always a wise investment.
Edit: Something from amazon...roller skates, every model should have roller skates :)

I agree with doing something fun and interesting. I always wanted to cosplay, so once I had good equipment, quality toys, and a sexy wardrobe, I started investing in superhero outfits. It's given me a signature specialty and an easy conversation starter.

Not everyone likes them, but Lovense and ohmibod are money makers, so they're usually a good investment, too.

My best cam-investments personally:

Umbrella Lights
Logitech c920 Webcam
High-end MacBook
30ft Ethernet Cable
Super Comfy Reclining Chair
Small Desk on Wheels
Canon EOS 60D DSLR
Music Subscription Service
Accountant!
Various Dildos & Strap-on Attachments (For JOI, SPH & Strap-on shows)
Hitachi / Shibari Halo Wand
We-Vibe Tango
Sybian, sybian, sybian! <-- As a non-penetration but orgasm-friendly model, this has been really popular for me.

It's worth noting that I'm a private-based, fetish model who doesn't offer penetration-based shows, so what works for me may not work for someone with a completely different member-base or camming atyle. If you are going to buy penetrative toys to use for that purpose, I recommend investing in body-safe, non-porous materials, like glass or medical grade silicone. :3

I recently bought a sqweel that's been kind of popular (I do a lot of body worship/licking shows, and it actually feels way better than I expected haha!) and I think I want to buy a squirting dildo next for CEI and cumshot shows. So much fun!

My best cam-related investments:

• Good quality webcam (Logitech c920)
  • Good lighting (box lights & ring lights)
  • DSLR camera for videos (Canon Rebel T5i)

From there on out it's just personal preference of what you want. Do you want a monster dildo? Do you want a cute background as you cam? etc. But it all starts with the basics of being able to be actually seen on cam.

As a side note: getting rid of my roommate was also a good investment -- could cam anywhere & anytime at my leisure!

Status
Not open for further replies.