AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Whataya want on that hotdog?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

How do you top your hotdog?

• Mustard

Votes: 43 65.2%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 34 51.5%
  • Onion

Votes: 40 60.6%
  • Diced tomato

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Chili

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • Sauerkraut

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Relish

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Pickles

Votes: 19 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
4th of July, I was in charge of making "fancier hot dogs" I remember having a great one in a American-tribute dive bar in Florence, Italy and with that inspiration I made this: Grilled all beef-angus hot dogs, wrapped in black-peppered bacon, caramelized onions and orange/yellow pepper slices, melted pepper jack cheese all in a toasted sourdough roll drizzled with olive oil.
It was a hit :love5:

eyeteach said:
xoxoHunter said:
Just give me a bun with some homemade hotdog sauce!

I can't do the hotdog part :p

@eyeteach - sounds wonderful! :drool:

Just for that I'm pm'ing you my recipe! Please raise your hand swear you'll NEVER divulge the information that you're about to be entrusted with... :handgestures-salute:

Incidentally, it makes a pretty good dip too.

Cross my heart and hope to die ;)

I hate all mustards so don't go anywhere near mine with it. I like a toasted bun with an all pork grilled dog. On it I put cream cheese, cheese Whiz, grilled onions and maybe bacon. Had this at a food cart at the beginning of the summer and now I'll never go back. :drool:

I normally eat hot dogs with just ketchup. I was surprised mustard was the most popular one! If I have a little extra time I like to make a sauce blend of Sriracha, mayo + ketchup. My favorite for burgers too :love2:

xoxoHunter said:
eyeteach said:
xoxoHunter said:
Just give me a bun with some homemade hotdog sauce!

I can't do the hotdog part :p

@eyeteach - sounds wonderful! :drool:

Just for that I'm pm'ing you my recipe! Please raise your hand swear you'll NEVER divulge the information that you're about to be entrusted with... :handgestures-salute:

Incidentally, it makes a pretty good dip too.

Cross my heart and hope to die ;)

Perfect response!

I love hot dogs. LOVE THEM! Like ramen, I usually have some on hand for a quick lunch. How do I like them? Any and all ways: Mustard? Good! Ketchup? Good? BBQ Sauce? Good! Mayo, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing? All Good! Although not all at the same time. Toppings? ALL GOOD!

Special varieties? Corn dogs? Good! A variation on corn dogs: I wrap a dog with a slice of cheese, wrap with a corn tortilla, secure w/toothpick or skewer, then deep fry. I have one of those mini counter top fryers, and it's ready in 5 minutes (3 min to heat oil, 2 min to cook ;) ). And I top off with jalapeno mustard. I make my own: get a quart of cheap yellow mustard, stir in 5-6 fresh minced jalapenos, set in fridge for 5 days or so :)

My favorites are chili dogs or Coney Island style dogs. Had my first one at James Coney Island in Houston when I was a teenager. Pretty awesome, but I rarely make them at home due to my biggest hot dog pet peeve: flimsy grocery store buns! So I do it the easy way: I slice up 4 hot dogs; microwave for a minute or two; stir in a can of chili; microwave till hot; top it off with diced onions, shredded cheese, and my mustard. I spoon it into a sub bun, dip it into the bowl and enjoy! *note: this makes 2 lunches for me, and it IS great the next day! Yeah, I know some of you will scream BLASPHEMY over this, "he microwaved hot dogs!!!" but I like it. The taste combination of the chili/onions/mustard is pretty awesome!

For the "basic dog", my first choice is grilled. Indoors, I use a grill pan and a bacon press on the dogs...then I found an easier way: fire up the George Foreman (generic, lol)! Boom, done!

schlmoe said:
I slice up 4 hot dogs; microwave for a minute or two; stir in a can of chili; microwave till hot; top it off with diced onions, shredded cheese, and my mustard. I spoon it into a sub bun, dip it into the bowl and enjoy! *note: this makes 2 lunches for me, and it IS great the next day! Yeah, I know some of you will scream BLASPHEMY over this, "he microwaved hot dogs!!!" but I like it. The taste combination of the chili/onions/mustard is pretty awesome!
:thumbleft:
I do pretty much the same way. It's easier just to mix it all up together in a bowl in the nuker.

Reactions: dilligaf0
I know this post will not get me on any "most-liked" lists around here, but here goes:

I just read through the this thread and had to chuckle to myself on the amount of "love" that upscale hotdogs are getting. Don't you guys know what hotdogs are? They are a cheap food, made from meat scraps. Meat "by-products". Beef lips. Beef rectums. Organ meats. One of my older brother's favorite sayings (meat packing business) is "We use the whole hog, even the oink".

Even if I didn't have a brother who works in the meat packing business, I would know that. For many years I sold hotdogs (7-11s, etc), when I started out it was a beef/pork/chicken blend. Then we changed to a chicken/turkey dog, then finally to all-turkey. NOT ONE person commented or complained until we put up a manufacturer's sign advertising "Turkey Dogs". The complaining stopped when we went to a 3/99 cents price point.

I guess my point is, go ahead and buy the hotdogs you prefer. But if you're buying these exotic dogs, you're being punked/trolled/taken in by the marketing department. If you think you're "tasting" all-beef, it's almost always that the "taste" is the fillers/seasonings/smoke (or smoke flavor) that is in the recipe. Any "grainyness" or flavor difference is due to that. You'll have to trust me, because I have been to many taste-tests at the different meat packers every time my company were deciding on a supplier change. And again, you will have to trust me: they are not using "prime", "choice", or even "select" cuts. They are using "utility" or "canner" grades, one step up from pet food.

So if you're loving your bison dogs, it's buffalo butts. If you swear by your Angus dogs...Angus assess. All pork? Let's not go there :mrgreen: Unless you have a dietary restriction (Hebrew National), or a food allergy, there's no real reason to spend $4+ for a package of hotdogs.

But go ahead get what you like, I'll stick with my 99 cent packs and I'll have my dogs/fixings/buns for less than one package of the upscale wieners :D

schlmoe said:
I know this post will not get me on any "most-liked" lists around here, but here goes:

I just read through the this thread and had to chuckle to myself on the amount of "love" that upscale hotdogs are getting. Don't you guys know what hotdogs are? They are a cheap food, made from meat scraps. Meat "by-products". Beef lips. Beef rectums. Organ meats. One of my older brother's favorite sayings (meat packing business) is "We use the whole hog, even the oink".

Even if I didn't have a brother who works in the meat packing business, I would know that. For many years I sold hotdogs (7-11s, etc), when I started out it was a beef/pork/chicken blend. Then we changed to a chicken/turkey dog, then finally to all-turkey. NOT ONE person commented or complained until we put up a manufacturer's sign advertising "Turkey Dogs". The complaining stopped when we went to a 3/99 cents price point.

I guess my point is, go ahead and buy the hotdogs you prefer. But if you're buying these exotic dogs, you're being punked/trolled/taken in by the marketing department. If you think you're "tasting" all-beef, it's almost always that the "taste" is the fillers/seasonings/smoke (or smoke flavor) that is in the recipe. Any "grainyness" or flavor difference is due to that. You'll have to trust me, because I have been to many taste-tests at the different meat packers every time my company were deciding on a supplier change. And again, you will have to trust me: they are not using "prime", "choice", or even "select" cuts. They are using "utility" or "canner" grades, one step up from pet food.

So if you're loving your bison dogs, it's buffalo butts. If you swear by your Angus dogs...Angus assess. All pork? Let's not go there :mrgreen: Unless you have a dietary restriction (Hebrew National), or a food allergy, there's no real reason to spend $4+ for a package of hotdogs.

But go ahead get what you like, I'll stick with my 99 cent packs and I'll have my dogs/fixings/buns for less than one package of the upscale wieners :D

I can understand where you're coming from, but I know for me, at least, it's kind of a nostalgic thing. It's something I would have with BBQs or family. It reminds me of those happy times, plus it's a pretty low-calorie snack.
I can also argue that people who eat escargot, it's just snails. Nothing fancy, but snails. People still eat them even though they know what they are. :p

LilLitaRose said:
I can understand where you're coming from, but I know for me, at least, it's kind of a nostalgic thing. It's something I would have with BBQs or family. It reminds me of those happy times, plus it's a pretty low-calorie snack.
I can also argue that people who eat escargot, it's just snails. Nothing fancy, but snails. People still eat them even though they know what they are. :p

Nah, I think we're on the same page ;) And your reason if perfectly reasonable. If my mom (or dad) served a certain brand when I was growing up, I'd be partial to that today. I think that's why some of us are "Coke" people and some are "Pepsi" people.

What I was driving at are the folks who buy the "upscale" dogs for a sense of "status". Like the dude who buys $200 Nikes only to wear them while sitting on his couch watching the game (because his fav player wears them).

I'm not anti-dog, I love them all. I've had plenty of upscale/boutique/specialty dogs at friend's houses, and they were great! I'm just not going to buy them, lol!

ZenHedonist said:
The only thing I've noticed about really cheap-o hotdogs is they don't plump up when cooked. I usually get whatever "major brand" is on sale. It's often just 50 cents more than the super cheap brand and I'm worth it...

I won't lie, I avoid the brands that turn the bun pink. Whether or not it affects me today, when I was a kid, I ate a bunch of those and got super sick. So it just may be a weird brain thing.

Now I wanna make pigs in a blanket with crescent rolls all these talk of hotdogs.

I absolutely love a good guacamole hot dog. Yum!

If not that, then mayo, sauteed onions, and sauerkraut.

Reactions: Gen and RoseGranger
Everything except tomatoes (they freak me out) and some mayo. I've recently gotten past my hate for hot dog (bit into one as a kid and found a hair dead center embedded in said dog) so this thread is encouraging. :D

schlmoe said:
I love hot dogs. LOVE THEM! Like ramen, I usually have some on hand for a quick lunch. How do I like them? Any and all ways: Mustard? Good! Ketchup? Good? BBQ Sauce? Good! Mayo, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing? All Good! Although not all at the same time. Toppings? ALL GOOD!

Special varieties? Corn dogs? Good! A variation on corn dogs: I wrap a dog with a slice of cheese, wrap with a corn tortilla, secure w/toothpick or skewer, then deep fry. I have one of those mini counter top fryers, and it's ready in 5 minutes (3 min to heat oil, 2 min to cook ;) ). And I top off with jalapeno mustard. I make my own: get a quart of cheap yellow mustard, stir in 5-6 fresh minced jalapenos, set in fridge for 5 days or so :)

My favorites are chili dogs or Coney Island style dogs. Had my first one at James Coney Island in Houston when I was a teenager. Pretty awesome, but I rarely make them at home due to my biggest hot dog pet peeve: flimsy grocery store buns! So I do it the easy way: I slice up 4 hot dogs; microwave for a minute or two; stir in a can of chili; microwave till hot; top it off with diced onions, shredded cheese, and my mustard. I spoon it into a sub bun, dip it into the bowl and enjoy! *note: this makes 2 lunches for me, and it IS great the next day! Yeah, I know some of you will scream BLASPHEMY over this, "he microwaved hot dogs!!!" but I like it. The taste combination of the chili/onions/mustard is pretty awesome!

For the "basic dog", my first choice is grilled. Indoors, I use a grill pan and a bacon press on the dogs...then I found an easier way: fire up the George Foreman (generic, lol)! Boom, done!

Try Hienz 57 sauce on them. It's good and different. :twocents-02cents:

My special version is similar to yours, but instead of a tortilla I use and egg roll wrapper. :dance:

Reactions: WildFingers
Lintilla said:
ACFFAN69 said:
This thread is blowing my mind. How are onions beating ketchup and relish?!
I think we can all agree though that if you don't put mustard on your hotdog you should die in a fire. Unless you eat that sucker plain, then I suppose it's acceptable, but should be frowned upon.

I live in Chicago and putting ketchup on a hot dog is seen as a travesty. Some restaurants simply don't serve it, and there's one that will make you ring a "bell of shame" before they'll give it to you. This is not an unusual sort of thing to see:

baJdZFG.jpg

This is what is considered "correct":

f2SvvkM.png

Personally, I would never put ketchup on a hot dog, but mainly because I just don't like the stuff in general. I don't see any reason to be snobbish about it. I'd do mine more or less as above, minus the relish. Not a fan of sweet condiments. And I might see if they had some giardiniera instead of just plain sport peppers. And then I'd probably change my mind and just get an Italian beef instead.

As assembled in the picture please. NO KETCHUP unless you are under 5 years old (a Chicago Hot Dog Rule.) Being from and living in Chicago I will soak my fries in the ketchup.

Lintilla said:
ACFFAN69 said:
This thread is blowing my mind. How are onions beating ketchup and relish?!
I think we can all agree though that if you don't put mustard on your hotdog you should die in a fire. Unless you eat that sucker plain, then I suppose it's acceptable, but should be frowned upon.

I live in Chicago and putting ketchup on a hot dog is seen as a travesty. Some restaurants simply don't serve it, and there's one that will make you ring a "bell of shame" before they'll give it to you. This is not an unusual sort of thing to see:

baJdZFG.jpg

This is what is considered "correct":

f2SvvkM.png

Personally, I would never put ketchup on a hot dog, but mainly because I just don't like the stuff in general. I don't see any reason to be snobbish about it. I'd do mine more or less as above, minus the relish. Not a fan of sweet condiments. And I might see if they had some giardiniera instead of just plain sport peppers. And then I'd probably change my mind and just get an Italian beef instead.

i know that sign (I think)... Unless I'm mistaken it's the Superdawg hot dog stand which has an AWESOME hot dog. I grew up down state where it was acceptable to put ketchup on hot dogs. I was thoroughly schooled on how a hot dog was to be eaten after I moved to the Chicago area in my mid-20's. I gotta love the reaction people get when they ask for ketchup to put on their hot dog in Chicago. Every now and then I'll get the chili dog from Portillo's, but for the most part I do enjoy my hot dogs "Chicago style".

We have a hot dog party every year with about 50 topping options so I've had some crazy ones.
I prefer turkey dogs boiled and topped with BBQ sauce and French fried onions mmm

Reactions: Gen and eyeteach
Saw this on imgur. Seems to fit with this thread. Would definitely like to try some of these, except not the Idaho one. No.

I used to be into hot dogs quite a bit, but after hearing human parts were found in hot dogs and the actual casing of the meat is the intestine of the animal. .....I sort of just fell off the hot dog eating bandwagon. It's like turkey everything these last couple of years and any meat shaped like a tube makes me sick to my stomach. SO weird right?! :eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.