AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Whats the Perfect Vanilla job for models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_pilya_

Cam Model
Sep 30, 2017
Philippines
Chaturbate Username
_pilya_
First, correct me if I am wrong, vanilla jobs models talk about here, are regular jobs...hence from "internetslang.com": vanilla.JPG

So I'm single, renting out a place, in a small area where I come people tend to wonder "what does that girl do for a living?" (Image a place where everyone knows everything, if you are a stranger looking for someone, all you need to do is ask and someone then they can point you to their direction). So I might be in need too look for a vanilla job just so I can live in peace and enjoy my cam Job.
On another note, In the future, I do want to find a job I dont want to call a "vanilla" job, but a job I can enjoy and settle down with a family, I can have after camming, Anyone ever thought of what would that perfect job for us in the cam world, or are we destined to be here forever?

I'm destined to be here forever but because I chose to be.

No where else would I make 60-80k or so (not with a pastry degree or business degree I have) so I will tell everyone what I do and if they give me a weird look or what not I say "if my 12 year old can accept it and support me then you can too" then if that doesn't work I tell them they can pay me 100k a year and I will stop.. That NORMALLY does it. I don't think you owe anyone an explanation of what you do to pay YOUR bills. Do they pay your bills? no.

If your worried then tell them your a freelance graphic designer- when they say for who you tell them your an independent contractor (which is true) then if they ask anymore say that you can't share your work because of confidential forms.

There ya go! no need to get an actual job

ell them your a freelance graphic designer- when they say for who you tell them your an independent contractor

That's not a great idea it's an interesting field for many non-tech people and there are follow up questions and holes that can pop up. Like what artist type career person wouldn't have a pro folio online or examples of work available, or worse if they ask you to draw something? You tell that to the wrong person and you'd have to talk yourself out of trouble.

More than one model I know go with 'call center' since it's boring work and if they try to poke at it you could say you answer the customer service calls for about any product within eye view. Most will change the conversation to your opinions of call center outsourcing and talk about that.

That's not a great idea it's an interesting field for many non-tech people and there are follow up questions and holes that can pop up. Like what artist type career person wouldn't have a pro folio online or examples of work available, or worse if they ask you to draw something? You tell that to the wrong person and you'd have to talk yourself out of trouble.

More than one model I know go with 'call center' since it's boring work and if they try to poke at it you could say you answer the customer service calls for about any product within eye view. Most will change the conversation to your opinions of call center outsourcing and talk about that.

A person who signs 2257 forms and can't share there work.. Its worked for me for 6 years and I have 0 graphic design skills (other than my editing/green screen work)

GUESS what I even got a house this way?? OH IT WONT WORK? well it fooled my bank lenders and other people. SO guess what, your wrong. She's not interviewing to be in the fucking CIA dude.. No one cares what your work actually looks like. I have always told people I sign confidentiality forms and can't share my work if they pry.. AND THEN GUESS WHAT? they fucking leave you alone.

I guess you are my newest member to get put on ignore.. I can't stand dudes who think they know everything.

A person who signs 2257 forms and can't share there work.. Its worked for me for 6 years and I have 0 graphic design skills.

GUESS what I even got a house this way?? OH IT WONT WORK?

I guess you are my newest member to get put on ignore.. I can't stand dudes who think they know everything.

Maybe you've never been in an actual mainstream career but let me explain some things. If you're saying you work in a career that in most cases requires a natural talent. It's like saying your a comic book writer or painter. Even if you say you can't mention your clients you WOULD still have to show some kind of proof of talent. You wouldn't get a programming job either unless you at least had some proof you could program. People get interested in careers that require some sort of natural ability or eye for it.

My suggestion is a career that requires no special talent or skill and is believable to exist ANYWHERE so it works regardless of what country you are from (since models are for MANY countries).

Anyway my point is more to help the OP that wants an idea that doesn't have complicated followup.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Teagan
I am in a country that has limited jobs, so I like simple "front" just enough for me to be invisible from the daily gossips in my town. People I chat with at work can't believe, everyone knows everyone in my town, and gossip is faster than twitters post.

Maybe you've never been in an actual mainstream career but let me explain some things. If you're saying you work in a career that in most cases requires a natural talent. It's like saying your a comic book writer or painter. Even if you say you can't mention your clients you WOULD still have to show some kind of proof of talent. You wouldn't get a programming job either unless you at least had some proof you could program. People get interested in careers that require some sort of natural ability or eye for it.

My suggestion is a career that requires no special talent or skill and is believable to exist ANYWHERE so it works regardless of what country you are from (since models are for MANY countries).

Anyway my point is more to help the OP that wants an idea that doesn't have complicated followup.

No I've just been working the last 6 years and thats it.. Obviously I have had mainstream jobs .. She's not asking for interview purpose - she's asking for her neighborhood.. Most people don't ask questions once you tell them you sign wavers and can't show them your work and your an independent contractor. AGAIN it's worked for me for 6 years.. So it obviously fucking works. So you saying it doesn't is not right. You like to argue with people who are in this industry when you have never cammed/fimed have you? NO.

@_pilya_ Don't listen to this idiot who has never turned on a webcam a single day in his life to perform. Ive had tons of jobs before camming/film making that are not related what so ever. So he obviously has NO idea what the fuck he's talking about. You can tell people your a circus clown.. YOU DONT need to explain anything to anyone. You can say your a freelance graphic designer and leave it at that, you don't need to continue to prove to your neighbors or ANYONE.

I am in a country that has limited jobs, so I like simple "front" just enough for me to be invisible from the daily gossips in my town. People I chat with at work can't believe, everyone knows everyone in my town, and gossip is faster than twitters post.
I say tech support. Simple. Boring. Boom sauce.

Say you are a consultant. Can be social media, web design, marketing depending on your interests though marketing is a little more stringent. Saying you act for corporate training videos is another good one because it sounds incredibly boring.

If you have a bachelors say you teach English to Chinese kids overseas. Literally only needs a degree and an internet hookup. Ask me how I know.

Maybe you've never been in an actual mainstream career but let me explain some things. If you're saying you work in a career that in most cases requires a natural talent. It's like saying your a comic book writer or painter. Even if you say you can't mention your clients you WOULD still have to show some kind of proof of talent. You wouldn't get a programming job either unless you at least had some proof you could program..

Double post, because whatever.

As someone who has had an "actual mainstream career" this just isn't true. No one is going to ask you to prove shit unless you're applying for a job that is related to what you're lying about. That would be ridiculous. No one is going to ask her for proof or dumb shit. I've said I was tech support, graphic designer, etc and the most I get is "oh that sounds kinda dull." or "how do you like it?"

Edit: And more than that, if someone did ask for proof and I wasn't applying for a job in that field it wouldn't be me trying to talk myself out of a lie hole, it would be, "excuse me? You want me to draw something right here for you? Are you paying me? Do you know my rates? Goodbye rude person."

Maybe there’s a misunderstanding here about whether she needs a cover job to tell random acquaintances, vs a job to say in interviews? Random strangers don’t ask to see your portfolio.

I’ve used copywriting or social media management as cover jobs. Also virtual assistant!

Yeah I wasn't sure about which either, however "freelance X consultant" is super vague. If you are outwardly a 1099 employee most vanilla jobs won't care unless you are applying for a job in your cover field that would require a portfolio.

If it's just for friends/family go with something boring but realistic.

Maybe there’s a misunderstanding here about whether she needs a cover job to tell random acquaintances, vs a job to say in interviews? Random strangers don’t ask to see your portfolio.

I’ve used copywriting or social media management as cover jobs. Also virtual assistant!

From my understanding she is asking for a cover job right now and input on the perfect job for cam girls once they retire.

I only addressed the cover job for right now because in my opinion jobs aren't one size fits all. My perfect job outside of camming is bartending right now and chemical engineering when I finish my degree. Other's are scientists, producers, whatever. Everyone has different life goals and likes and such.

From my understanding she is asking for a cover job right now and input on the perfect job for cam girls once they retire.
I agree and figured as such, was just hoping to clarify for the folks who seem to be struggling :p

• Helpful!
Reactions: Vera
Wow, this thread move me a lot, because I started working as a teacher in a religious school when I found out that i wanted to be a cam girl for the rest of my life or at least the next few years. My vanilla job ended up with my self-esteem and brought me a great depression and stress (it wasn't all my teacher job's fault, I also faced tough personal situations) I actually studied visual arts and all I wanted was to draw and create new pieces of art BUUUT with this demanding job and cero family support, it was just impossible, I used to work from 8-10 hours everyday so I hardly had the time to enjoy myself a lot less to draw. Then my 4 years bfriend introduced me to this world, I would love to share my story but I'll divert a lot if I do it. Then I started to figuring out how to stop my stupid vanilla job and at the end I dared to change my life. Now I have a vanilla job because Im just starting with camming and I can't afford many things only with this cam job but in a near future I would love to give all my time to camming and drawing. It is like one of my goals. I don't know how to make it because I hardly understand camming and I don't have a lot of people in my room whenever I stream buuuut its far better than having a lot of money buuuut a lot of stress. I hate vanilla jobs. I don't want mine anymore but... haha what else? I suggest you that if someone asks, you can say "I'm a xxxxwhateverxxxx teacher online" or to actually find a job in a grosery store or something not so demanding that would take all your time and energy, keep it for camming. Good luck ;)

First of all, THANK you ALL for some great suggestions!
At first I did want to find a vanilla job just so people from my town can see me have a job, and cam on my own time when i am not working at that vanilla job. After reading these threads I am more now into finding a "front" without actually working a vanilla job.
I know I should not care what other's would say, but let me try to explain my situation, I'm not rich and my family comes from a poor neighborhood, with what they have, they paid for me to have a good education and I am very grateful with that. In my culture we tend to help each other out in the family, so when I told my parents what I do, they were disappointed at first, but supportive as I now can give back to my family financially. So from the home front, everything is well, but I live in a town where people knows everyone and knows whats they do. i'm ok and have come to accept what I do, but I dont want my parents to face anyone if they ever find out, which to me doesnt matter what others say, but I do care what my parents will face.
So, I moved to another town to rent a place and work. Everything is going well, but holidays are coming and gathering will happen. Questions will be ask hence why I ask you all what is perfect? I got some great feedback and I will consider one of them.
Now, I love being on cam and love it financially too, but I do know in the future i will look for a Career job, hence my second question , what you guys think a good career after being on cam. i know everyone has their own ideas, but i'm reaching out to my peers who are in front of a cam and im sure you have thought of it too.
Thanks for these ideas!!:
Freelance graphic Designer
Independent Contractor
call center
English Tutoring
Tech Support
Consultant
Teach Engllish

There are some good suggestions, as to what can be done online that you could work from home. Given some of the inquisitive nature of people, they might do some follow up questions. But, you can quickly dismiss it by saying you like to keep work and personal life separate.

If you are worried about what your parents, or family, might experience if word gets out. I would sit down with them and discuss a few things so they understand what to say if inquired. Perhaps something like customer support? Simple, non-descript and generic enough of a job that might not draw any inquiries other than a couple follow-up.

As to what you might want to do later in life, there's a whole wide world out there with a lot of possibilities. Heck, you might even do something nowhere near what your educational training is. Which is common to many, including myself. Or, given close-knit family values, you might be able to do stay at home mom while your SO works. Best I can say is to keep your options open and go with what feels right. I've been in a few different career fields in my life. So, there's nothing to say you have to stick with one the rest of your life.

I'm not a model, so please understand views may be different than those who are.

A good one I've used is a virtual personal assistant. It requires you to be at home several hours out of the day with most of that time being spent on the computer!
I still work a part time vanilla job as a barista to help pay bills, but when people ask why I spend my days off at home I just use the virtual personal assistant excuse!

I like to use a variation of the truth when I need to.... I usually stick to something close to what @BiancaBaker suggested, freelance designer/editor or something like that. For a lot of us we do edit our own videos, photos and websites/profiles so if people press for more info thats exactly what I tell them and its close enough to the truth that you don't get caught up in a lie that you can't back yourself out of.

I actually went to school for fine arts, so it was believed. Never showed anyone my work because I told then I mainly make graphics and coded for naughty sites. Freelance web developer and graphic artist.

I used that cover to get my old job that made me a state employee. They were more concerned about my schooling and experience with tech. (Which I learned most through camming)

You can say at home customer service agent. Anyone asks how, direct them to ratracerebellion.com

Reactions: _pilya_
Status
Not open for further replies.