AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When a member does this.. are you flattered, annoyed or indifferent?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I see a lot of the same guys going from room to room giving the same compliments to models. Saying things such as "you're beautiful" is not something I mean in this discussion, as that kind of compliment can be given to many people as many are very attractive. I mean ones that are like "you're the best model on here" or other specific kinds of ones like that. If a guy says something like that to you, do you get flattered by it because you *believe* it or just because of the fact they are giving you a compliment (albeit they don't mean it they do think you're attractive, so it's still a compliment even if it is a lie)? Do you get annoyed at all by it because you know they most likely say the same thing to [multiple] other models? Or does it simply not bother you either way? Or actually, does it depend on your mood?

Some guys even go round literally copy and pasting the same compliments to models. I don't know but it's just stupid in my opinion.

I am thinking/guessing that most of you simply don't give a flying monkey about it but I am curious what you think when they do say these things to you?

If a compliment comes with a tip, I’m flattered.

A reasonable compliment gets a "thank you." "You're the best model on here" gets "so you've visited every other model on the site?" But I do tend to take things literally.

It does get extremely tiring hearing the same things repeatedly. I know what I look like, I know which bits of me guys like to compliment. I'd rather get compliments in the form of tips, and failing that, say something I haven't heard in the last five minutes. I like when I can respond without feeling like a preprogrammed chatbot. So it's not that one guy said the same thing to 50 other girls. I don't care about that whatsoever. It's more that 50 other guys already said it to me.

Related thing, though... Sending me the SAME copy and paste message to the point where I can answer them before they paste it, because they don't realize they've ever been in my room before. This gets them blocked, unless it resulted in a show the last time (in which case I'll be confused that they don't seem to remember me, but whatever?)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
The generic compliments I think are annoying. & if they keep making them, I just block & mute them.

Now, if said compliment comes with a tip, I’m more apt to respond positively rather than negatively.

I don’t find it flattering, mostly because nothing ever gets said to me that I don’t already hear several times a day, & because it is a generic type of thing.

I despise compliments from any member that I have not seen before or who hasn't tipped/gone private at some point, especially if a compliment is the first thing that they say. It's so fake, and the only reason why they do it is in hopes that they get free attention, a smile, a flash, etc. You would be astounded by the number of members who get angry with me because I don't smile in response to them telling me I'm beautiful or some other compliment, even if I do respond with a thank you.

As for "you're the best model" it depends on context. Several months ago I had a really specific variation of a smoking fetish request that a member took me exclusive, it went on for quite a while. After it was over he took a few minutes to tell me that after five years of being on SM, that this was the best show ever delivered. I have no idea whether or not he really thought I was "the best" but he clearly very much enjoyed the show considering the extra time spent to say thank you. I heavily appreciate the sentiment in this instance, and it was one of the few instances where I felt genuinely flattered.

If a regular says something like this, it is also flattering. I don't really take things super literally, but if someone who is a regular says I'm the best, I see that as more that I am either their favourite or at least one of them, and I'm certainly appreciate that. "The best" is still subjective, but I know what regulars mean when they say it.

If they don’t talk to me like I’m human but just dish out compliments without backing it with tips it gets annoying.
One particular thing is even more annoying, freeloader that gives generic compliment, I respond with thanks just to be polite and they say “my pleasure”! Really dude? Can you make it anymore obvious you’re getting off on free bits of attention. I ban those. Maybe since I’m foreign it sounds worse than it is to me, but in my experience they are all freeloaders.

I accept compliments in the form of $$$. ;)

I only had to click on a few profiles to find what I was looking for. This guy has been at it for YEARS and immediately came to mind when I read this thread subject:

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 8.14.26 AM.png

I personally love compliments, but not specifically on say, my breasts, or lips or whatever - body parts of me. I love if someone says I'm smart, or interesting, or beautiful inside and out.

If someone is freeloading regularily, that might annoy me, but it's not really the compliments that are annoying me - just the freeloading.

For me, I used to be a huge perfectionist when it came to myself and often thought negative things about myself, so I found all the compliments when I first started camming to be a huge self esteem boost. They drowned out the negative things in my head that I was experiencing at that time.

I only had to click on a few profiles to find what I was looking for. This guy has been at it for YEARS and immediately came to mind when I read this thread subject:

View attachment 81302

I just commented on these profile posts not too long ago... :clap:

There's a number of variations on them, so makes me think there's a few of them that do it and just make minor variations so it's their own.

As to compliments to a model, I always try and tip when I give one. They're also sincere when stated. When in public chat, I tend to keep the compliments clean and fairly general as I save the more risque comments for privates or model only tip notes when a model and I are flirting or dirty talking.

Depends on the phrasing of the compliment.

With a tip is always awesome.

After a private? I believe that they mean it. Maybe just in that post-cum haze, but momentary sincerity is more than you see out of a lot of people these days, so I'll take it.

Just words? Eh. I mean I hear it a dozen times a shift. I've started replying to generic compliments with "I know" or "I sure am" specifically because it's not the response that freeloaders expect and they get annoyed when I do that. Plus, *glances lovingly at "total cunt" tag on my profile* being cocky is kind of my brand.

Along with terms of endearment or lots of kissy-face or heart emojis? Ew. I detest being called honey/baby/sweetie etc even by IRL partners, do like Destiny's Child says and Say My Name, and the emojis are just too much. Online, it comes across to me as insincere and trying too hard to be "sweet".

The ones that I *hate*, I don't get often thank goodness, but I tear people a new asshole for it. The whole "you're so much better/hotter/etc than all these skinny bitches on here" or anything else putting down women with another body type. NO. We do NOT insult any body type in this house. Skinny girls, athletic girls, curvy girls, fat girls - all are absolutely gorgeous and I will not tolerate any words to the contrary.

If they don’t talk to me like I’m human but just dish out compliments without backing it with tips it gets annoying.
One particular thing is even more annoying, freeloader that gives generic compliment, I respond with thanks just to be polite and they say “my pleasure”! Really dude? Can you make it anymore obvious you’re getting off on free bits of attention. I ban those. Maybe since I’m foreign it sounds worse than it is to me, but in my experience they are all freeloaders.

Agreed that they're all freeloaders.

For a month I kept track of every single first interaction that occurred in my chatroom. About a third of them began with a compliment, but not one of them every tipped or did a show. Hundreds of members doing this. I now ignore compliments without tips.

Reactions: AnaBee
Agreed that they're all freeloaders.

For a month I kept track of every single first interaction that occurred in my chatroom. About a third of them began with a compliment, but not one of them every tipped or did a show. Hundreds of members doing this. I now ignore compliments without tips.
The number of dudes on SM who compliment but never spend is very high. A lot of my good spenders just tip for a flash or go private without even talking first, so unless someone has spent before, I'm not likely to give them much free attention.

I have had a few guys in the past couple days who I was about to block for being chatty, then they left the room, came back and took me private. I was shocked.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sansa
The number of dudes on SM who compliment but never spend is very high. A lot of my good spenders just tip for a flash or go private without even talking first, so unless someone has spent before, I'm not likely to give them much free attention.

I have had a few guys in the past couple days who I was about to block for being chatty, then they left the room, came back and took me private. I was shocked.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has noticed this. I really don't remember it being anywhere near as bad on MFC. Like there's always going to be a certain number of members who do this anywhere, but on MFC there were at least a lot more people who would tip 5 or 10 tokens. Compliments in general make me feel uncomfortable, have always been like this, but when it's paired with a tip, the tip is a distraction at least? I dunno, it definitely was nowhere near as much of a problem as it is on SM.

As for chatty dudes, if they're annoying enough I just make a note and kick them, maybe block if they've made it really apparent that they're not into femdom. Submissive dudes are sometimes bratty subs and the threat of blocking does make them go exclusive or something sometimes (and I make notes of that too since I count it as something they're into).

I’m usually neutral towards compliments, unless it’s in a tip note or private. I have one guy who has come to my room almost every broadcast since March 2018, always a grey. Always compliments my eyes. Asks if they’re real. Yeah dude. I get asked 3x a day, every day, if my eyes are real. You asked me this in March 2018. You asked me this yesterday. They’re the same fucking eyes. Quit asking. I finally banned him because he didn’t even contribute to an actual conversation, he would never shut up about my eyes.

Reactions: sugar_bonnie
I'm just really glad that SMConnect now let's us use emojis. That's how I respond to compliments now, with as little effort as it takes to compliment without a tip. You get a 😘

Reactions: KarlaCamsx
I'm new, so I try to be as thankful as I can for compliments, but honestly I get complimented so much for being "a real girl" that I feel like it's almost insulting to other models? Like, I can see that I'm filling a niche (hairy, vulgar, ditzy, college student) but I SINCERELY doubt I'm the only model that fits that niche, and I doubt that models who don't fit that niche aren't "real girls" too.

I just say thank you for compliments with a nice smile and get over it soon. If that guy want to compliment me fine, sometimes it gets me tips, sometimes not. I tend to ignore those who don't tip me after a while.

I might have an unpopular opinion, but getting complimented with or without a tip and whether I believe it or not I still appreciate it. It's only sending good vibes and I don't see anything wrong with it at all. I agree though, if it comes with a tip I am also flattered! :)

well its not terrible if they aren't expecting your attention and it is nice to hear that sometimes but if they continue to PM you wanting to chat when they have no tokens then it gets a little annoying.

Reactions: MilaRose
The first one I will usually say "Thank You" for. The second, thanks. My mod likes to tell them "Compliments don't pay the bills" after about the 3rd one, or "A tip is the best compliment you could give her." LOL. If they just go on and on and are light blue they get silenced. I get sick of hearing it actually. Unless as Saffron pointed out ,it is after or during a long private. For some reason I feel it is more genuine then. :)

As a member I don't make a generic comment to a model outside of a tip note that i'm not familiar with beyond hello. Clearly there was something that they did, look like or the preview accentuated something say their booty to get me in the room. So at some point I'm going to say something about that in a tip note and so forth. Models I'm familiar with or I'm a regular I may say like damn your ass looks good in those panties outside of a tip note, but she knows i'm tipping anyways so I don't feel bad. But, for the most part if I really want her to know what I'm thinking its in a tip note. I feel as it was mentioned above most of the excessive you're so hot/i love your tits whatever is coming from a freeloader

Reactions: sugarbb_
In my case, when a member start tell me compliments You don't have to wait long to they start asking for free things subtly, like "your face will be as beautiful as your ass?" "What's your bra size?" "Come on, don't be shy in your eyes, you can tell how wild you're!" "May I know what suit you are wearing?" and similars things. There is also the "nice guy", who for being cute, friendly and giving compliments at 500 revolutions per second, believes that the model should thank him with a juicy flash, because is normal to treat me like shit for being a camgirl but he is different to others so I must be grateful, LOL.

I really don't understand how there are members who still think that "being cute" is a strategy to reach someone's body without offering anything in return. Being polite with a model is what you should do with any human being is not a currency for the transaction. Even more absurd in a camera site, where the entertainment-money transaction is the basis for interaction. Hya guys who literally spend hours and hours trying to get to the model that way, I've seen them in different rooms doing exactly what you say, copying and pasting the same compliments.

Usually I have no problem if that is accompanied by a tip, at the moment when begins to make demands with double meaning i silence without giving explanations.

I see a lot of the same guys going from room to room giving the same compliments to models. I mean ones that are like "you're the best model on here" or other specific kinds of ones like that.

It's annoying to me, and years ago there was a guy on MFC named RON569 who did this very thing. Every room he was in, he'd post "BEST ON MFC, BOO!" in all CAPS. He actually seemed like a nice guy the one time I managed to get a little bit of conversation out of him. But man, did that "BEST ON MFC, BOO!" shit get old real quick. I'd even nicely explained to him that there are better ways to compliment MFC models than that way. Haha.

But even more annoying than that would have to be the non-tipping members who will post compliment after compliment in your chat where it looks like this...

"I like your hair, bb."
(Me) "Aw, thanks!"
"Nice smile."
"Sexy ass."
"Pretty lips."
"Nice legs."

Omg, is that obnoxious. I'm not saying "Thank you!" five times in a row, dude.

"I like your hair, bb."
(Me) "Aw, thanks!"
"Nice smile."
"Sexy ass."
"Pretty lips."
"Nice legs."

This is the worst. Stop describing me, it's creepy and I'm starting to suspect that you want to wear my skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.