AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When a refund is requested in OnlyFans

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2013
It's been a while, thought I'd ask this to get a model's opinion about when a customer asks for a refund on a "final sale" (Please do read the scenario)

[Full disclosure, I'm of the opinion that it should be refunded...so there may be a few biases]

Scenario:
Model (let's call her Molly...a pseudonym for this scenario) has an OnlyFans at $20 a month (but a 1 year discount of $144).
After doing 1 month and seeing the content, I sign up for a 1 year renewal
Molly, after a 4 months, decides to turn it into a free account.
Molly sets the subscription price to free, and "hides" all other posts so they are no longer visible. (She did this 2 days before Christmas, and acted on Twitter that it was her gift to everyone, that she created a "free" OF)
Molly is still posting "new" content, but it's definitely intermixed with some of the old posts and there isn't any of the "free" sets anymore.

I messaged her, a few days after it happened, saying exactly as follows "Not to sound ungrateful...but you changed your OF to free, and removed all the past posts :( I had signed up for a year..so now I am stuck paying the remaining 7 months, for things people are getting free. Why didn't you at least create a new OF one labelled free. Now I can't view some of the older sets that you had posted" (I'm aware, I said 7 months, but I checked later and it was closer to 8 months)

Molly replied sorry, and if I wanted one of her topless sets (which as an fyi all of her topless sets combined to only about $50...of the ones I haven't already purchased). [Didn't take her up on that offer]
I responded, seeing if she would do a full nude one/two picture custom, in a pose that would be her most risque. (fyi, she did apparently post pictures like this a few months later as a ppv).
Molly replied no, she isn't doing any shoots like that.
To which I replied, if she would make an exception; as she did delete all her posts and I'm stuck paying
Molly replied no, and that her prior posts were "previews" for paid content (which is 90% true, but there were still about 10% of posts I would guess that was not PPV content)

OnlyFans Support gets involved
At this stage, I contact OnlyFans Support requesting a refund of just 7 months remaining they claim they are just a social media network and it's between me and the model and unless I had proof saying she wouldn't delete the content they would do nothing; unless she requests they refund me
Contacting Molly, I mention my dislike towards how she dealt with things and that she did indeed have non-PPV content prior. I ask her to request from OF support a refund of my remaining time. *Posts are read, but no responce*
Try a week later saying content was deleted, and I would like a refund
Molly responds "Content was archived not deleted. There was another reason for doing that as a lot of pics/vids were being leaked and if 5000 new fans had access to that, there would be no doubt more leaks."

tl;dr; A model delete her content and switched to a free account and I'm stuck paying the 7 months to get the same stuff everyone else is getting for free
*****************************************************************************************************************
*************So at this stage, do you think a refund I'm justified in asking for a refund?***********************
******************************************************************************************************************

Continued story (with OF support):
I contact OF support, to see if they will do anything, they respond that the model is allowed doing that and all sales are final; and apart from her blocking me I am not entitled to a refund
I point out their TOS final sales doesn't apply in this case. I also ask the following scenario "If a model were to remove all content and stop posting completely and create a different free account, would I be entitled to a refund"
OnlyFans support responds all sales are final (and it's between me and the model, and not them), and that to the scenario I suggested...if a model were to do such a thing they would issue a refund (after they confirmed the model had no intent of posting more content)
I point out their TOS means they are part of the contract as well (notice that they are now changing their TOS....wonder why....), I also point out that in the scenario which they agreed would require a refund, the only difference is she switched the price to free instead of creating a new account.
I also pointed out, the way they structured everything, and their TOS there was a breach in contract from the subscription (as when you sign up, it shows the amount of posts/pictures/videos there are...and by deleting it all the contract was substantially changed...which where I live breaks the contract)

They still say all sales are final, and the only method would be Molly needing to request. I keep contacting Molly, she eventually says she will contact OF. OF support claims she didn't request a refund, I ask her, she gets me the ticket number, I contact OF and learn she didn't request a refund. I tell her what OF told me, and she sends me one last message that she was told it was final sale before blocking me.

I've since informed them that I'm blocked, so even according to what they said I should be entitled to a refund for the remainder of the time. They have since closed my support ticket without a response or refund.

I get that it's only "$84" that I would be out...but I think it's about the principle of things. OF is trying to hide behind their TOS (which again they are changing, and the contract part I am seriously wondering if they changed it to protect themselves from requests like mine...where I flat out told them they are part of the contract).

On a different note to models (and those reading this far)...is the new OF TOS they are suggesting not super scary? They are essentially linking any subscriptions/content as a direct contract between the model and customer...that mean's any dispute resolution could have major consequences (ie it becomes a scenario that you could now be doxed...given any contract disputes would be between you and the client...instead of OF as the intermediary in the contract)

If everything you say is true, it does sound like you in fact deserve a refund. However, without knowing Molly's side of the story, I really hesitate to make a final judgment. Nothing personal to you, but people do tend to twist things, lie, and/or omit information when they are wanting people to side with them.

However, if what you are saying is the full unadulterated truth, then yes, it does sound like a situation where I, personally, would grant you a refund. However, I also want to highlight to you that at this point you have spent your time messaging w Molly, OF, and now creating a long post here. It seems like a lot of time to spend, and potentially lose to other more productive ventures, over $84. Although, in principle, you would be right (if everything you have said is the full truth).

ETA; Has it been a while since the final block and ticket close? It's possible that if it hasn't, a refund might be coming through automatically, and just taking a few days?

all sales are final. sorry. i've tried requesting refunds for some of my subs in the past because i was unable to deliver only to be told they cannot because it is past a certain period or they are unable to give partial refunds. to resolve, i refunded them myself through cashapp.

but not all models are like me and unable to afford refunds. on the model's end when refunds are given, it is taken out of our balance. if there isnt anything in our balance, we will have a negative.

what the model should have done is kept her paid onlyfans and created an additional free one. she probably didn't know that was an option.

Last edited:
I read the updated ToS pretty thoroughly yesterday, and it certainly sounds like they're unwilling to give refunds even in cases like this. It expressly states that you subscribe and spend money on a creator at your own risk. And the risks include if the model decides to completely delete her content/account or change the content they post, etc.

I am not positive how similar the current ToS is, however. But from what OP mentioned, it sounds like they already have a "sales are final" stance in place currently.

Also, this is why I won't offer a 1 year subscription. Even my 6 month one makes me nervous, because I want to feel completely open to change my mind about what I do with the account and that's a long time to commit to. I would feel bad if I was Molly.

now creating a long post here. It seems like a lot of time to spend, and potentially lose to other more productive ventures, over $84
Could I be more productive...yes very much so. The post is mostly to see that I'm not missing an aspect and to hear opinions. The time spent with the OF support, and "Molly" I'm doing out of principle, as I'm tired of places like OnlyFans having inadequate support for when situations like this happen. As, I find hiding behind, "All Sales are Final" to be flawed, especially they admit that if she created a free account, and deleted all the stuff from the premium account they would have offered a refund. Structurally it's very much the same.

but not all models are like me and unable to afford refunds. on the model's end when refunds are given, it is taken out of our balance. if there isnt anything in our balance, we will have a negative.
In her case she can...as she's done sponsored photoshoots for Adam and Eve and was promoting how she was something like Top 0.1% on OnlyFans (prior to free)

all sales are final. sorry. i've tried requesting refunds for some of my subs in the past because i was unable to deliver only to be told they cannot because it is past a certain period or they are unable to give partial refunds. to resolve, i refunded them myself through cashapp.
I do say good on you for refunding them through cash app, wish more people would be like that. Just saying though, strictly speaking sales aren't final when the product gets changed drastically (At least here with the consumer protection act)...the act has something along the lines, "does not serve it's intended use" aren't subject to final sales clause.

The part that bothers me the most about the OF Support is they do admit that in situations they will refund [i.e. if she had deleted the content and created a new free account, which to me is what she effectively did] (and their insistence that a subscription is a contract between a model and customer that doesn't involve them, under old TOS it wasn't strictly speaking; at least for subscriptions).

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Oops, I apparently hit send...I was going to respond to Amber (and I can't find the edit button). Sorry for a double post
I read the updated ToS pretty thoroughly yesterday, and it certainly sounds like they're unwilling to give refunds even in cases like this. It expressly states that you subscribe and spend money on a creator at your own risk. And the risks include if the model decides to completely delete her content/account or change the content they post, etc.

I am not positive how similar the current ToS is, however. But from what OP mentioned, it sounds like they already have a "sales are final" stance in place currently.
The old TOS was pretty vanilla (in that they didn't define as much, or limitations)...That's where I am saying the final sale doesn't hold up to the consumer act. The old TOS with mention of refunds was this
4.6 All payments to view User Content or utilise Fan Interaction are final and non-refundable. If FIL is alerted that a Fan has sought and received a Refund or Chargeback, FIL will take additional actions. Any purchase of the right to view User Content or to use Fan Interaction which is subsequently subject to a Refund or Chargeback may result in the User’s account being immediately and permanently excluded from OnlyFans. The Refund or Chargeback amount may be removed from the earning Creator's income. The Creator may be alerted to the Fan Refund or Chargeback.
(Where I argued with OF support that on subscription it said how many pictures/videos there were created an implied contract as it wasn't specified in their TOS, and the fact the entirety of it being removed essentially removed my ability to view the user content that was reasonably expected on subscribing)

There old TOS though is pretty shocking in how much it was lacking (They didn't define the contract was between the fan and creator) [I seriously wonder if they wrote some parts of the TOS because of what I've said...as they actually reference the consumer protection act now, along with covering what happens if the model deletes her account prior to subscriptions running up]

Anyone wondering how lack-luster it was https://web.archive.org/web/20210209131607/onlyfans.com/terms

Isn't Onlyfans based in the UK? I doubt these TOS are compatible with the UK consumer protection laws, unless the UK changed those laws since the Brexit.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Sorry about your OF stresses. It seems this particular model is well known in community and I understand her concern about leaks; being a very small unknown model in this community I like Amber do what I can to be fair to the people who support me. Perhaps she has herself on so many avenues it’s easy to get overwhelmed with multiple contracts of which rules are being abided (you mention Adam and Eve and they are strict about how / why / when they are linked for example) and out of concern for potential rule violation she omitted her content? I would look into if she is putting her content on different websites and perhaps avoid subscription content and instead pay per view or custom 1 time paid content on similar but different alternative sites. Again in my eyes I think you should have been refunded and the model should have informed her subs of the situation change as perhaps other subs are also in your shoes with this and she is now overwhelmed by having to “refund” all subscriptions back.

Reactions: MarieElise
Isn't Onlyfans based in the UK? I doubt these TOS are compatible with the UK consumer protection laws, unless the UK changed those laws since the Brexit.
Since Brexit was about having as little to do with foreigners as possible, the changes to UK consumer protection laws post brexit are unsurprisingly about nok-UK customers. You basically have no recourse to the law anymore if you aren't from the UK and the contract or ToS turned out to be useless. I'm not really surprised if OF is gambling on this by having a vague ToS.

On the other hand, UK citizens buying from EU/EEA companies have the same situation. Where I work it's now no legal difference between a customer from, say, Syria and the UK.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
A bit of an update (I'm actually pretty livid now at how OnlyFans has responded) [I get it's not very productive of my time but really at this point it's all about the principle of the matter]

So according to them, I'm not blocked just "restricted profile" (i.e. I wouldn't be able to interact at all, only accessing the content I've already paid for) so they won't issue any refund (I've been emailing them every 2 weeks asking for a response, given they kept closing the ticket). Since I "haven't lost access to her content" (as in theory I could still buy her stuff that she posts publically)

I've pointed out to them that as you subscribe it literally states as subscription benefits: "Full access to this user's content" "direct message with this user" [both of which I do not have, since she removed the prior "free to subscriber" content when she went free and I cannot DM her].

As context, my budget for these kinds of activity averages $300 a month. The money isn't important to me but when a company is being scummy like they are I will fight back [i.e. Them admitting if she had created a separate account and removed her old content that they would have issued a refund]

Status
Not open for further replies.