AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Where should your MFC username link to on ACF?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Which link would you prefer?

• Link to profile only (profiles.myfreecams.com)

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • Link to live chat room (myfreecams.com/#modelname)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Link to live chat room if they're online, defaults to profile if offline (mfc.im/modelname)

Votes: 36 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
I'm talking about this little doodad right here which currently goes only to the profile:
Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 10.09.11 AM.png

We are considering updating this to direct to MFC's new "mfc.im", which will take you either to their profile or their live cam room depending on if they're currently broadcasting. This is MFC's wiki page about it for more information. (Models: feel free to add the offline tip version to your signature!)

I know there has been some discussion here before about preferences on whether you like being taken to a girl's live room or not, so I'm trying to get a feel for whether this change would be good or not.

Please vote in the poll and feel free to comment on the subject!

Last edited:
I'm talking about this little doodad right here which currently goes only to the profile:
View attachment 61048

We are considering updating this to direct to MFC's new "mfc.im", which will take you either to their profile or their live cam room depending on if they're currently broadcasting. This is MFC's wiki page about it for more information. (Models: feel free to add the offline tip version to your signature!)

I know there has been some discussion here before about preferences on whether you like being taken to a girl's live room or not, so I'm trying to get a feel for whether this change would be good or not.

Please vote in the pool and feel free to comment on the subject!

I'd prefer that it stays the way it is. Simply because I like to view models' profiles, and if they're online, it's either going to A) push me into their room on my model account, so that I feel obligated to stay/visit/chat or just leave rudely, or B) tell me that I'm blocked from entering their chatroom cause they don't allow models in.

From a member's standpoint, I love the new link option. However, as a model, it makes me less likely to attempt to check out a new lady's profile since I don't want the above to happen.

I voted for profile only, just because I normally like to check out a profile and look at the preview window before going in someone news room. I also think the room if online would be fine too though. I wouldnt really like room only as most people are offline a lot more then they are online and appearing in an empty room seems kinda pointless.

As a member, I'd much rather it to link to the model's profile, for many reasons. Sometimes I'd just like to know a little more about the model posting. Perhaps she asked for advice on her profile. Most importantly, I might not be ready for a cam session, I know that might sound funny to models, but I might not have tokens ready, I might be inundated by messages from models or other members, even some of us members need to prepare to be in camland!

I feel like a bozo for not knowing about the third option after all this time :oops: that's pretty nifty!
It is pretty nifty! It's relatively new, I think within the last few months or so.

• Helpful!
Reactions: helloimc
I like the profile too just so you're not suddenly thrown into the chat when you're not ready or wanting to hang out on MFC! I've had that happen with girls signatures and had the awkwardness of being on my model account like Iris mentioned, as well as the awkwardness of being logged in as a member but entering a fairly empty room and immediately getting called on to chat, lol.

As a viewer, I'd prefer profile only. Sometimes I just want to check out her page, and if I'm dumped into her room, I'll feel all awkward, especially since I usually click to see their profile because I find their conversation or POV interesting, so I'm predisposed to make a good impression. Don't want to do a pop in, get "Hi, Entertainer!" and split. It's ungentlemanly.

To be honest, though, if it did do the double duty of either page, I'd survive. I can say "hi" and chat a bit and make a subtle exit if need be. :p

I voted for Profiles only because I use it to get to know tidbits of models here, rather than being a watcher of their cameras. It's a lot to load and eh, I'm antisocial.

If I was a regular guy on ACF though, live first and then profile would likely be my vote :)

I voted for the nifty link. I can see how clicking the link and being thrown into a models room may be a bit much when your plan was to just check out her profile. But at the same time (at least for me) watching a model live gives you just about the same example of her personality as her profile would if not more. Especially for the models that don't have their profiles done up.

Voted for profile only :D

On the topic, is there a way we can add other links, too? BongaCams and IWantClips, for example? :)

Reactions: Entertainer33
I like to know a number of things before I go into a model's room beforehand. If the link went directly to their cam room, I wouldn't click it, so I'd rather it stay the way it is.

Voted for profile only :D

On the topic, is there a way we can add other links, too? BongaCams and IWantClips, for example? :)
For right now just add them to your signature like I have. If at some point those sites become more widely used we'll look into expanding the site options.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but it drives me nuts when models hide their online/offline status.
Agreed. I love love LOVE to pore over a good profile. But that hiding the online status irks me to no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.