AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Which webcam would you recommend?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now is probably the worse time to buy a camera as a lot of cameras have either had production halted or cancelled permanently. If price doesn't matter you can probably find the Sony a7iii in stock, if full frame is an option you're considering.
I bought my A7C because I had been looking at it for a while, and I heard about it being one of the 2 with production issues and it is smaller than most of the other sony full frame cameras.

Same. I was gonna go for a Brio but now I'm just gonna get a c922

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I feel like my question doesn't warrant a seperate thread and I feel like all the cam savvy people are already here :p So I've been looking at the Sony Alpha 6400 for a while now but now it's out of stock on Amazon. What's the next best DSLR camera you guys would recommend for streaming? Price doesn't really matter cause I'll be putting it on my wish list anyway

I have been using a reliable c920 since 2015 The same one. Still use it daily. It never overheats…you can run it all fucking day without stopping. Overheating can damage the lens, and functions of the camera, so cams that are not tried and true to run for 10 hours straight if needed just don’t work for me.

Love Logitech. But I am upgrading to 4K. I thought about getting the dell cam (that is trying to compete with Logitech brio) but I decided to stay with Logitech because of how reliable the c920 is. I should have the brio next week, feeling pretty excited.

I have been using a reliable c920 since 2015 The same one. Still use it daily. It never overheats…you can run it all fucking day without stopping. Overheating can damage the lens, and functions of the camera, so cams that are not tried and true to run for 10 hours straight if needed just don’t work for me.

Love Logitech. But I am upgrading to 4K. I thought about getting the dell cam (that is trying to compete with Logitech brio) but I decided to stay with Logitech because of how reliable the c920 is. I should have the brio next week, feeling pretty excited.
Oh I do have the c920 since 2019! But I've had issues with it getting super blurry for a while now and it's really annoying so I'm looking for a replacement.

Logitech Brio seems to be the standard,
recommend taping the usb cord in place so you wont dc your cam midshow. that's the only thing i don't like about it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Oh I do have the c920 since 2019! But I've had issues with it getting super blurry for a while now and it's really annoying so I'm looking for a replacement.

All of the webcams seem to age badly. Time being used + heat seems to cause them to get blurry. I have a couple of old logitech 615 and one of them is pretty clear, and the other is really blurry. And I know I had used one to watch out a south facing window so one was exposed to a lot more heat(sun) and turned on 24x7 for a year or to.

Likely any webcam you buy and use for a long period of time is going to have this issue. The security cameras I have don't seem to have this issue, but they are rated for outside usage and must have been designed to survive in more heat than the webcams are.

So it may simply be that webcam's may have a limited lifetime (and likely worse as the ambient air temp is higher).

Sony a7ii - the perfect choice!
It's not a webcam, if you were trying to answer the general topic.

I've said this a few times: if someone is not very technically inclined and wants to have a simple setup to start camming, an actual webcam (like the logitech c922 which is recommended) would be the best choice.

Reactions: hunkyguysouth
Status
Not open for further replies.