AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why are offline tips important outside of making $$

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camscore is based on tokens per hour over a 60 days average and a few other variables, so offline tips are earned when zero hours our worked. more tokens over a shorter amount of time = higher camscore.

What jolene said.

You can play around with the numbers to see how much it affects camscore.
Suppose you look at a random camgirl with a rank of around 300. In the first of the two scenarios she asks for offline tips and her total hours worked for the month stays the same. Each line in the left set has tokens increasing by 5000 to see how the cam score changes.

In the right set she earns the same tokens throughout, but she does it less hours, two each line. As you can see, offline tips, whether you think of it as more tokens or less hours worked for the same amount, really do increase the camscore.

Screenshot - 1_9_2016 , 2_13_40 AM.png

• Helpful!
Reactions: Jessi and hapa74
Camscore is based on tokens per hour over a 60 days average and a few other variables, so offline tips are earned when zero hours our worked. more tokens over a shorter amount of time = higher camscore.
Are worked*

Too late to edit but I couldn't just let that sit there... glaring at me.

i just started out and ive been struggling with my camscore so much, like sometimes im on and having fun and making such a low amount of tkns but im having fun and keeping my regulars, that tip ocassionally but its making my cam score be soooo low... anyone has any advice??

Offline tips give larger boost to your Cam score than online ones
This statement on its own is not true.

As @JoleneBrody pointed out, camscore is about tokens divided by time worked (being ON cam). So if you're getting offline tips and spending less time online because of it, then yes, offline tips will help your score more. But, for example, if your whole group of 10 regulars tip offline, and then you get online for the same time you were going to work anyway, and none of them tip while you're online, it comes out the same as if they had just waited until you were on cam to tip you.

I personally don't stress all too much about camscore; as long as I make enough to pay my bills and rent and eat I'm happy.

I think offline tips help in the mental health aspect too. It's like "Awww, this person was thinking about me." Or "hey, they think I'm cool." Or whatever.
And if you can't work because period, traveling, whatever it's nice to see that people still support you.

Offline tips make me smile.

Like Jolene said! The most important part about camscore to me is how you're ranked on MFC's homepage. Girls are ranked from highest camscore to lowest. The higher you are on the page, the more traffic you should get into your room. More traffic = more tips.

Offline tips = higher position on homepage = more viewers = more tips

Once you ladies have done the ACF model verification process, you'll be able to access the MFC Camscore Info thread for a very in-depth look at how camscore works, and keep up with the fluctuations of the site's average (there's more to CS than just tokens/time.)

Reactions: LunaLore
I think offline tips are a big part of the reason that MFC has a greater earning potential (for the top percentage of girls there) than pay per minute sites. If you have a regular who budgets a certain amount to spend on camming every month and you're online half the time he is, he can visit another girl while you're offline and then think of you and send tokens your away as well. So... maybe he ends up spending 25% on other girls and 75% on you. On a per minute site, if you're not there, he's just going to spend on others. So, you get 50% of his budget if you're lucky. The offline tip option encourages loyalty. I hate to use the word loyalty. I just can't think of a word that fits there. Hmm. I wonder what doing away with offline tips would do for wealth distribution among MFC girls? On one hand, it might help girls in the middle and lower to get new visitors. On the other, it would make MFC more like the other sites and potentially lose patrons altogether.

Jerry, I'm trying to understand your charts, but I'm getting hung up on one thing: why do ALL of the lines have the same monthly earnings? Did you just forget to fix it? I can't even focus on the other parts cause it's throwing me off.

Oops. Just noticed that. I changed the tokens column to increase by 5000 each time and then calculated the other numbers off that. I should have increased the dollar amounts. I think in my head I was imagining the model ask for offline tokens so that's what i edited.
Funny I didn't spot that. 20150101_991043.jpg

Fixed it, just for you. :D

Screenshot - 1_10_2016 , 12_54_40 PM.png

This is why I am afraid to move to MFC. Last night after my show I just stayed on and chatted for a couple hours. Got new followers but just chillin in PJs not making tkns by got a few new followers and had fun.

Seems I remember someone saying MFC used to have a ratings/voting system for models, and a rating for privates, but I could be wrong, my CRS kicks in sometimes.

Reactions: WickedTouch
Seems I remember someone saying MFC used to have a ratings/voting system for models, and a rating for privates, but I could be wrong, my CRS kicks in sometimes.

That's a blast from the past... Yes, back in the day it used to be possible to rate the private session and also leave a comment for the model once the private was completed. MFC took that option out about 4 years back.

A token is a token. On a given day when you are on cam, if you get 100 tokens offline and 100 tokens online, they will have the same effect on your CS as getting those 200 tokens while online or 200 tokens while offline. Most members don't have one budget for offline tips and another budget for online tips. All tokens come out of the same pocket.

I fail to understand why a new model would prefer offline tips to online tips. If people are tipping in your room, it helps get topics completed and provides a stream of continuous encouragement while on cam. What's more, members tend to act like a herd and if they see another member tipping, they might throw in a few tokens of their own, freeloaders notwithstanding.

A token is a token. On a given day when you are on cam, if you get 100 tokens offline and 100 tokens online, they will have the same effect on your CS as getting those 200 tokens while online or 200 tokens while offline. Most members don't have one budget for offline tips and another budget for online tips. All tokens come out of the same pocket.

I fail to understand why a new model would prefer offline tips to online tips. If people are tipping in your room, it helps get topics completed and provides a stream of continuous encouragement while on cam. What's more, members tend to act like a herd and if they see another member tipping, they might throw in a few tokens of their own, freeloaders notwithstanding.
That's not exactly true, offline tips have a bigger effect on CS than online tips.

That's not exactly true, offline tips have a bigger effect on CS than online tips.
I feel like you failed to read the previous posts in this thread...

Maybe I just don't understand :c Camscore is so confusing to me

To put it more simply, offline tips DO NOT help your camscore any more than online ones if you're still camming the same amount of time. Think of it like this:

You cam 5 hours a day. If you tell MemberJim to tip you offline for XYZ, and he does, then you still get on cam for 5 hours every day, it's not any different than if MemberJim tips you during those 5 hours while you're online. Your camscore will still be the same.

HOWEVER, if you normally cam 5 hours a day, but MemberJim tips you offline for XYZ and instead of camming 5 hours, you only cam 2 instead... that will help your camscore. Because you're getting more tokens with less time online.

Does that make sense?

To put it more simply, offline tips DO NOT help your camscore any more than online ones if you're still camming the same amount of time. Think of it like this:

You cam 5 hours a day. If you tell MemberJim to tip you offline for XYZ, and he does, then you still get on cam for 5 hours every day, it's not any different than if MemberJim tips you during those 5 hours while you're online. Your camscore will still be the same.

HOWEVER, if you normally cam 5 hours a day, but MemberJim tips you offline for XYZ and instead of camming 5 hours, you only cam 2 instead... that will help your camscore. Because you're getting more tokens with less time online.

Does that make sense?
Okay that makes more sense. So offline tips only count more toward CS if the member wasn't already going to spend that on you...or if you cam for less time. Thank you.

I think there are quite a few models that don't understand this, I've had more than one ask me to save my tips and tip her offline, then I have to try to explain that just the act of offline tipping won't affect her cam score. It can be confusing.

Reactions: AmberCutie
I've had more than one ask me to save my tips and tip her offline
Exactly why I try to correct the girls who come on here and say "offline tips count more for camscore than online tips" because clearly some people are confused and may actually be hurting themselves.

Oops. Just noticed that. I changed the tokens column to increase by 5000 each time and then calculated the other numbers off that. I should have increased the dollar amounts. I think in my head I was imagining the model ask for offline tokens so that's what i edited.
Funny I didn't spot that.

Fixed it, just for you. :D
Also, the rank on left figures, should go up as earning goes up. ;)

IWhat's more, members tend to act like a herd and if they see another member tipping, they might throw in a few tokens of their own, freeloaders notwithstanding.

*high five* I was looking through this thread to see if anyone had mentioned this yet. :)

Offline tips are a pleasant surprise, but I've always preferred online tips because I liked it when other people in the room saw me getting tips. I mean, it can be pretty embarrassing when no one's tipping, and some member's sitting there asking "How come no one's tipping you???" *sigh*

Another reason...if I didn't get tokens while online, I'd log off feeling like it was a waste of time, and I'd just wind up kicking myself for not logging onto a different site instead.

And I feel like most members prefer that their tips are seen by everyone (nothing wrong with that...as a member, that'd be my preference too). They get the recognition (often applauded with those applause emotes), and they have a reputation of being a tipper vs. being a freeloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.