AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

why do models go offline then sit active in there room for hours?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

AbsintheTeen

Banhammered
Apr 18, 2024
checked out a couple models but are offline but they appear to be active in there users for what appears to be hours , along with other users can the model interact with viewers or other models while offline

checked out a couple models but are offline but they appear to be active in there users for what appears to be hours , along with other users can the model interact with viewers or other models while offline

If they’ve gone off cam (no longer in their live public chat), but you see they’re still online…they could be done camming for the day, and editing their profile…uploading videos for sale to their page…PMing members…hanging out in another model’s room (though most of us models frown upon this…models visiting other models should do so in guest mode or in member mode…NOT in model mode).

Some people forget to close the window and never turn their computer off. Once you're in a room that's live, if they go offline, you can stay in the room for as long as you want until you close the window.

I occasionally start a show and see four or five people from the night before who never closed the window.

On some of the sites I’m on. I stay online when I’m not actively broadcasting because my regulars DM me when they see that I’m on there, with my messages open. Mainly mfc for that. Just because I am not offering live shows at that time, doesn’t mean I can’t sell them other things, or make appointments for the next time I am on live. Or even just say hi to those who regularly support me and are very respectful and fun people privately, without random lurkers waiting in the wings watching and witnessing our convos.

Lots of us sell dirty or fetish talk sext packages. A lot of times on loyal fans or some of the other sites. I offer a set fee for my undivided attention via DM to talk dirty or role-play for a set amount of time. So I do pictures and sext packages. None of which involve actually opening my room fully, but still make the site and myself money.

Free chat is draining for those of us who are mainly privates focused. And many of us who have been doing this for a long time already have a large collection of people that we can email and message and interact with, without even having to open our rooms.

Last edited:
I dont close my room, so I am almost always showing in my chat. Why create extra steps to start working if you dont have to 🤷‍♂️ If I log off I know that everything is set up, connected and ready to go next time I log in, so I dont have to run a full check like is lovense logged in, is it connected properly, am I logged into all my sites. I am also the kind of person that never turns the pc off, I like things to be ready to go when I want to use them.