AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do some models hide their camscores?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why ew? ALL jobs take time and effort to become good at. I went to school for several years to become a social worker and still wouldn't say I am good at it or as good as someone who has been doing that job many years more than myself. It takes time to learn all jobs, which this is.

Because you're a cam girl the second you start camming, that is silly.

Why do some models hide their camscores?
The only reason I show my camscore while I broadcast is to show members how fickle it can be and to encourage them to use other ways of sorting through the many amazing models on MFC. I usually refer to it as ScamScore haha :)

My current favourite way of sorting models on my premium account is to bookmark models who are new or new to me that I want to be able to find easily again. By bookmarking models, you can customize your sorting settings so that they appear first on the homepage when you log in.

While it can be hard to ignore CamScore completely as a model, I try not to let it get me down when there is a sudden drop or change. As long as you are providing the best show you possibly can for your members and you feel good about what you are doing, there is no reason to get bent out of shape over a default algorithm. Just keep being you and have fun!

The only reason I show my camscore while I broadcast is to show members how fickle it can be and to encourage them to use other ways of sorting through the many amazing models on MFC. I usually refer to it as ScamScore haha :)

My current favourite way of sorting models on my premium account is to bookmark models who are new or new to me that I want to be able to find easily again. By bookmarking models, you can customize your sorting settings so that they appear first on the homepage when you log in.

While it can be hard to ignore CamScore completely as a model, I try not to let it get me down when there is a sudden drop or change. As long as you are providing the best show you possibly can for your members and you feel good about what you are doing, there is no reason to get bent out of shape over a default algorithm. Just keep being you and have fun!
That's what I've done in the past before I've settled on some regular rooms. Now, bookmarked first, followed by "reccomended". Don't pay attention to the rest at this point. :)

I disagreed with the bolded part. No, I don't think there is any correlation between those aspects of differing models in the same camscore bracket. Obviously, right now you're thinking, "Oh, Iris is just mad cause I'm saying that she's the same as other 2-4k camscore models, but not as [sexy/entertaining/hard-working/deserving] as models in the 8-10k bracket." Nah, that's not it. I'm saying that there's no correlation for the negative connotations (if your camscore is low) OR the positive connotations (if your cs is high). Having a high camscore does not necessarily mean that you are more beautiful/entertaining/hard-working than lower models. Having a low camscore does not necessarily mean that you are less beautiful/entertaining/hard-working.
View attachment 63793

I wouldn't consider that at all, its a contentious issue. You're correct in most of what you say and it wasn't my intention at all to pigeon-hole models at all, I made no personal comparisons at all I was simply stating from an outside/member perspective. I think its beyond naive to claim that there is no correlation because there absolutely is obvious links between conventional attractiveness and ~good modelling~ and camscore.

If you want to chase camscore and be a ~better~ model then its totally possible for anyone to do so, follow your dream, party queen. But as a member, if you see a model with 2000 camscore she is much more likely to be comparable to a model with a 2100 camscore than one with a 12000 or a 400 score.

Reactions: ThePrincessLuxy
I think camscore can be a usefull tool for models and customers as well.

As far as I know camscore reflects the tokens earned over a certain period. So the higher the camscore the more money the model is making.
Lets assume there is a new customer showing up on MFC and is shown the high camscore models first, this means he sees the models with the highest main stream appeal ( because a lot of people tip them ), so there is a good chance he will like them too and returns to MFC and is hopefully spending some tokens in future and checking out other models....

Lets assume there is a new model joining MFC , I think it could be quite helpful to see what works on this site for other models and earns them good money, here also the high camscore indicates what appeals to the majority tippers.

I want to stress that some customer look for very specific types of models or offers , and if a model caters to this specific customers she can be quite succesfull without chasing the mainstream.

If you spent some time on MFC as a model or as a customer camscore becomes less important because you know exactly what you want and how to find it....

:)

In the beginning, I hid mine because it's low but I feel even when I do get it to raise up a bit I will continue to keep it hidden. Right now it's still low but I keep going on and meeting new people. There are however, lots of members who ask why it's so low and try to give me advice. I also hide it because it almost hinders my own opinion of myself in my room and makes it easy to fall into that, "I'm not good enough" mindset sometimes.

Streamate doesn't sort by number of viewers. Personally I don't think sorting by room count is any more fair than camscore, in fact it seems easier to cheat/scam. But I don't personally know what I think the best or most fair way to sort is, haha

The fairest way from a models perspective almost certainly would be random. One hour you are number 3, the next 505, then 5010, and then 42. It's possible that is fairest/most profitable way for MFC is to it exactly they way they are doing. Still, it seems to add insult to injury, that nearly all sorting mechanisms, from camscore, most popular room, trending room, miss MFC, tends to make the top models richer and keep the poor ones that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.