AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do you come into a cam room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to put this person on ignore a week ago.
Attitude is a bit toxic. :(

I just looked at her introduction post for her very first posting here, I think I can understand a bit more now as to why she felt a bit.... not sure how to put it.. a bit down and attacked?

Hi, I work on CB and am here for support. I encounter many frustrating situations on cam and I hope I can get support and positive feedback. Thank you. This forum is a blessing to cam models, as there is often no other place we can go for support.

Seems like her purpose was to try to get positive advice but sadly that IS what is being done, I think she has had so many guys be arseholes to her and stuff, it felt like that was happening here too.
Hopefully, if she comes back, she can take a little step back to look at what has been said each time, as positive things, and try to not take everything so offensively.

Seems like her purpose was to try to get positive advice but sadly that IS what is being done, I think she has had so many guys be arseholes to her and stuff, it felt like that was happening here too.
Hopefully, if she comes back, she can take a little step back to look at what has been said each time, as positive things, and try to not take everything so offensively.

Perfectly understandable to need to vent.
I hope they find the solace they need. :)

Attitude is a bit toxic. :(
Yeah it was a lot of negative and ponderings about things not going the way they wanted in their room, yet:

I have been very successful with how I do things on CB the last 2 years.
I'm pretty sure we all thought she was a brand new model that needed some guidance, and maybe a little tough love to get their room/job flowing the right way.

But it's better to ragequit, right? She also reported Mila's post just before asking to be deactivated. Some people, y'know?

I just looked at her introduction post for her very first posting here, I think I can understand a bit more now as to why she felt a bit.... not sure how to put it.. a bit down and attacked?

Maybe she expected nothing but ice cream and rainbows in response to her posts, but since she seemed to need some actual guidance, was thrown off by people telling her what she should do?

I thought she was new 🤷. All the posts seem like newbie questions/issues and I don't think I was mean. Take some ownership in your own business. a fluke night here or there is always going to happen but if the constant situation is the room- that's on the model. Either way, one cannot both be highly successful and still have a completely dead room constantly.

• "cleaning with the TV on", you know when you leave some thing on for background noise.
  • When a room is super quite, people may be hesitant to talk.
  • If you haven't tipped, you may try not to rock the boat.

Trying to understand why people do things, can be helpful. I mean if you understand why some one doesn't want to buy some thing. Then you might be able to get the sell. Maybe that's offering a discount. Or they want a different video. Or they're into a different fetish.

But what about a different question. Like how do I get people to talk?
  • Put something interesting in the background
  • Greet new visitors
  • Asking what they're into
  • Offering to call out the name of the first person who tips.
  • Having a vote
  • Ask if any one is interested in a service, to see if any one dares to speak up.
Some models also do better on different styles of platforms. For instance private sites. Where a customer has to drop money to get a show. I've seen models that do great with these kind of sites, but horrible on group show sites.

If the OP is still lurking/reading

I only have one advice point.
Learn (or relearn) and master the art of conversation. It's just not about sex and sex talk and doing things with your body.

Just from my view on my side of the monitor, if you can hold them and keep them returning in masses just with conversation alone.... Well.......... :)
As I said. Just my view if it means anything.

[...] a community of models and members that want to see each other succeed. Some of it might be a hard pill to swallow, but it's with the best of intentions.
This rings true for me at least. I lurked here for the longest time before registering, and I can honestly say that reading this forum provided (at times embarrassing) insight that changed a few things around and made me a "better" user. It almost sounds like a cliché, but openness and communication is key to everything. But then again, some people always get up on the wrong side of the bed.

And ... we never knew the actual CB room of our now fled friend 🤷‍♂️ I sometimes wonder why it was such a secret ...

This is a very special job because it’s high reward / high risk. It isn’t a regular 9 to 5 gig with a manager telling you exactly what your responsibilities are and where you punch a card and perform mindlessly until your shift is over. This job requires you to be the employee, the manager, the inspector, the quality control supervisor, the PR team and the marketing department all rolled into 1. So when your room is failing you need to have the capacity to see yourself and your situation in a detached way and most importantly, to take responsibility for your shortcomings so you can fix them, there is no other way to succeed. So if you come here expecting people to simply listen to you fail and coddle you and tell you that the site is trash and the audience is trash and you just have bad luck, we would be doing you and everyone reading a disservice. I think every person replying to OP had good intentions including myself, I don’t spend 15 min replying to a fellow model just to bash her, I gave her the best advice I could and she thought it was me being mean and criticizing her. She will not see her situation improve unless she stops using the victim card with herself

This job requires you to be the employee, the manager, the inspector, the quality control supervisor, the PR team and the marketing department all rolled into 1. So when your room is failing you need to have the capacity to see yourself and your situation in a detached way and most importantly, to take responsibility for your shortcomings so you can fix them, there is no other way to succeed.

I entirely agree with this. Though it can be hard to criticize yourself and/learn how to do some self analysis, it is entirely doable , and IMO, the of the best things a model can do for themselves next to practicing self discipline.

In my personal opinion, camming is not for the faint of heart or for those who are easily triggered as well as those who constantly need to feel validated. But it is a job that can give you a lot of personal growth and learned skills. As you said, high risk, high reward.

OP, a room can be tough on you, ratings, messages, comments, etc, but be tougher on yourself to do better. Sift through the negative comments, find the positive ones, see what made them positive and build off of that success. Negative comments happen, but if they do, step back and try to see it from their point of view so you can improve yourself. Constructive criticism is just that, critiques that aim to help you improve!

This rings true for me at least. I lurked here for the longest time before registering, and I can honestly say that reading this forum provided (at times embarrassing) insight that changed a few things around and made me a "better" user. It almost sounds like a cliché, but openness and communication is key to everything. But then again, some people always get up on the wrong side of the bed.

And ... we never knew the actual CB room of our now fled friend 🤷‍♂️ I sometimes wonder why it was such a secret ...

Wish I knew as well (room name).

Here is a screenshot from part of a bio of a broadcaster I use to visit before she parted ways.
She did not vent about it on forums nor on cam. But you could tell she was not happy that her room went from busy to tumbleweeds just from the sadness in her eyes.

It sucks that it happens when things go in a wrong direction. Just a chapter in ones life. :)

55545.PNG

It sucks that it happens when things go in a wrong direction. Just a chapter in ones life. :)
Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on. Hats off to her for figuring out what grinded her down and remove it from her life.
I guess there are many stories like this, across all walks of life. Not all dusty trails lead to gold.

One of the problems with written communications on emails, forums, texts etc, is that you cannot see the other person's face, hear the tones and inflections that they would have spoken the info, or see body language. If you are already upset, and on edge about something, it's easy to take things the wrong way, and read a tone in, that wasn't intended. That being said, one of my pet peeves is when people ask strangers for advice or support, but then control what type of feedback people are allowed to give them, and how it should be done.

I think it's always helpful to remember on forums such as this one, that there are a variety of people, from a variety of cultures (who express themselves in different ways, use language differently etc).

I also think it's a bit odd (and maybe that's just me here) to come to a forum where you are not known very well, and tell people to give you supportive feedback. Don't people have the freedom to be honest? I don't mean this specifically towards Laura, but I have seen that repeatedly in the public section of this forum, with new people coming and asking for feedback, but saying that it has to be of a specific type. I go along with it sometimes, because I feel bad and want to make the person feel better, but it always seems like am Emporer and his new clothes type situation. To me, it's a bit immature to expect that of others, but I do like nurturing people too. So it's an awkward situation when that happens.

To make matters worse, I do believe that this is not the first account she's had here, which she's ended up asking to deactivate. 🤐

To make matters worse, I do believe that this is not the first account she's had here, which she's ended up asking to deactivate. 🤐

I thought the same exact thing when I saw all her posts complaining about CB, and getting upset and wanting her account deactivated when she wasn’t coddled kind of concreted it.

As mean as it may sound, camming is not for everyone and I don’t think camming is for her, especially if this is the same person as before. If someone is complaining for months about how they constantly have a dead room and can’t get people to tip or talk, is consistently having problems with people downvoting them and is letting all of that get under their skin, it gets to a point where they have to realize it’s not every single member that’s the problem and that it’s time to move on to something else, whether it be another site or another industry. Just trying out a different site would be so much more productive than sitting in a dead chat room for hours, then complaining about it while refusing to change your hustle.

What does bother me, is that I don’t think people realize how valuable getting personalized camming advice is. Real time and energy goes into writing up posts. And a lot of the models on here are experienced enough that they could be charging! It’s pretty entitled to complain about free help because you don’t like the tone or the advice given.

I’m not trying to attack Laura for this. It’s just something you see from a lot of industry newbies and it gets frustrating.

It’s pretty entitled to complain about free help because you don’t like the tone or the advice given.

This. And also, blatantly ignoring any advice given and then coming back complaining about the same thing that you were given advice on, making it obvious they didn't even try to change.

I just went browse through some more of OP's posts and if she happens to still be reading this, I think I can pinpoint a big reason why she may be getting either backlash from members or not getting the sort of interaction she wants, and I don't think it's been brought up. I think she may have a bit of an attitude problem with members. She's said how she will "lose her shit" when the room is empty and how she is "still learning to control her reactions". If she is blowing up on people that would explain all the malicious downvotes she made three different threads about. You can't just flip out on members because they are not tipping or interacting. Like Mila said earlier in this thread, members don't owe models anything. As a cam model, it's your job to be entertaining and to get people to want to tip. Being bubbly, cheerful and welcoming, even if your room has been slow for hours, will make people eventually want to interact. Even if you're not outright screaming, if you're having a sulky attitude members will pick up on this. I believe I said this to the other person who is more than likely also OP, but members go on cam sites to escape their real life problems. They do it to enjoy themselves. It's hard to enjoy oneself with someone who is grouchy or freaking out over not getting tips.

I have not seen your show but I based my perception on your own threads on ACF which have been plenty and mostly negative. It sounds like you don't have a grasp of how to cam yet, like you haven't found your own groove since you still haven't figured out a large room full of freeloaders is less valuable than a small room with a handful of interested tippers. This is something that many models learn in about 3 months.

Man, a model use to complain to me all the time that she was only getting like 20 viewers, saying she wish she could get 1-200 like me. Despite the fact that she was earning like 5x what I was making then, if not more....

• Hugs
Reactions: Lizzy_Beth
Man, a model use to complain to me all the time that she was only getting like 20 viewers, saying she wish she could get 1-200 like me. Despite the fact that she was earning like 5x what I was making then, if not more....

As odd as it may seem, some value room count more than the financial aspect (tokens)

Reactions: DoD404
Wish I knew as well (room name).

Here is a screenshot from part of a bio of a broadcaster I use to visit before she parted ways.
She did not vent about it on forums nor on cam. But you could tell she was not happy that her room went from busy to tumbleweeds just from the sadness in her eyes.

View attachment 84823

I've had a few models I know retire for similar reasons. They did well for a while. Then, things really started to dry up for them and no matter what they did, it was becoming exceedingly difficult to get more than the 3 or 4 of us regulars to tip.

On the flip side, a couple of the newer models I've visited have improved their rankings over the past few months. It's good to see that.

As to the OP, I thought I'd read a couple of her posts saying that she's an older (in her 50's) model and had only been doing this for about 4 months? I have to agree that it sounds like it's not her only account here. Though, why would someone ask for help, support and guidance then completely ignore it? Or, in the case with Mila, say it's negative criticism?

This. And also, blatantly ignoring any advice given and then coming back complaining about the same thing that you were given advice on, making it obvious they didn't even try to change.

I just went browse through some more of OP's posts and if she happens to still be reading this, I think I can pinpoint a big reason why she may be getting either backlash from members or not getting the sort of interaction she wants, and I don't think it's been brought up. I think she may have a bit of an attitude problem with members. She's said how she will "lose her shit" when the room is empty and how she is "still learning to control her reactions". If she is blowing up on people that would explain all the malicious downvotes she made three different threads about. You can't just flip out on members because they are not tipping or interacting. Like Mila said earlier in this thread, members don't owe models anything. As a cam model, it's your job to be entertaining and to get people to want to tip. Being bubbly, cheerful and welcoming, even if your room has been slow for hours, will make people eventually want to interact. Even if you're not outright screaming, if you're having a sulky attitude members will pick up on this. I believe I said this to the other person who is more than likely also OP, but members go on cam sites to escape their real life problems. They do it to enjoy themselves. It's hard to enjoy oneself with someone who is grouchy or freaking out over not getting tips.

It's true we all do things to escape life for a little bit. Gaming, exercise, whatever. But, when dealing with people in general, how one presents themselves has a huge impact. If I go into a room and a model has a bad attitude, I don't stick around unless it's someone I have a long standing interaction with. I'll attempt to try and make their day a little better. But, if it's not working, I'm going to move on.

A while back there was a thread similar titled to this one. I think it was "What draws you into a room"? But, my searching for it isn't turning anything up. I listed a number of things from the thumbnail/preview all the way to not only getting me to tip. But, getting me coming back and tipping each time.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I don’t have an issue with advice. Its the way it is worded. And since this has become non productive and toxic I shall go. I have been very successful with how I do things on CB the last 2 years. I came here to grow and improve. Thank you and good bye.

I think there is a good chance that the original poster is still watching this thread, so I want to try to give her constructive feedback. Reading your threads on this forum, it feels like you never receive constructive criticism well. You always attack the person giving you criticism and look for a way to make that person go away so you do not need to deal with their remarks. Your posts here are filled with this pattern, but let us consider two specific examples.

One of your very first threads here was remarking that on CB you had a month where eight users gave you feedback that you were rude. Now if one user gives you a random feedback, okay he is probably a jerk. But if eight users in one month are all telling you that you are a rude person, you should at least be asking yourself how are you behaving that others perceive you as rude. What did you do instead? You complained to the CB support team that people should not be allowed to give you these kinds of feedbacks. You ignored the comments these users made and failed to consider what made them be this rude to you. You got angry and upset and wanted to identify the viewers so you could ban them and make them disappear.

And in this thread Mila gave you criticisms and your response was to simply get upset. You ignored her points and then complained to Amber about her post. Now I understand that Mila is brutal, but she also has a lot of experience and shares much of that. So you should have treated this as an opportunity to learn, and instead you tried to make it go away. After you received several constructive criticisms from other users, you deactivated your account. Because rather than using criticism as a way to grow, you simply got upset and tried to make it all disappear.

I have never seen your show, but I am a highly intuitive person, and I strongly sense that you have anger issues and that your anger and frustration is on display to viewers in your shows. This is maybe not your only issue or even your main issue, but it is probably one of your issues. If your response to every constructive criticism in life is going to be to get upset and to try to neutralize the person who sent the message, you are going to have a very hard time maximizing your improvement in any activity.

It's true we all do things to escape life for a little bit.
Yes we do, and getting sucked into a semi random model's personal drama or issues isn't exactly my idea of an interesting evening. But ... I've been at the receiving end of a model's venting via side channels on one occasion, but I didn't mind at all even if we weren't very close. She was usually very bubbly and happy, so she just needed someone to unload on and I was close at hand. Sometimes you gotta let your guard down a bit and be a normal person.

(No, I don't do online counseling 😄)

I think there is a good chance that the original poster is still watching this thread

I have never seen your show, but I am a highly intuitive person, and I strongly sense that you have anger issues and that your anger and frustration is on display to viewers in your shows.
Def think the OP is still here. She just had a hissy fit and threw her toys out of the pram. And I don't think you need to be highly intuitive to realize she has issues and can't handle her anger and frustration. OP, don't cam again until you can get your emotions in check and can take advise without getting pissy. It's a brutal career and if you can't handle it then you shouldn't do it.

Yes we do, and getting sucked into a semi random model's personal drama or issues isn't exactly my idea of an interesting evening. But ... I've been at the receiving end of a model's venting via side channels on one occasion, but I didn't mind at all even if we weren't very close. She was usually very bubbly and happy, so she just needed someone to unload on and I was close at hand. Sometimes you gotta let your guard down a bit and be a normal person.

(No, I don't do online counseling 😄)

It happens, even in our regular lives at times. Though, I'm much more open to discussing a friend's problems over a beer. Or, mine if necessary with them.

Def think the OP is still here. She just had a hissy fit and threw her toys out of the pram. And I don't think you need to be highly intuitive to realize she has issues and can't handle her anger and frustration. OP, don't cam again until you can get your emotions in check and can take advise without getting pissy. It's a brutal career and if you can't handle it then you shouldn't do it.

This is very much one of two common themes regarding the OP. The other was not listening to suggestions. How many times was it suggested to try moving to SM for more one on one privates, yet they never did?

Camming isn't for everyone, including non-nude streaming. I'd highly advise the OP from doing any kind of streaming work based off of her posts here.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
What did you do instead? You complained to the CB support team that people should not be allowed to give you these kinds of feedbacks.

And in this thread Mila gave you criticisms and your response was to simply get upset.
She did the same thing by reporting Mila's post to admin, as if Mila should't be allowed to speak to her that way.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Lizzy_Beth
I am on CB. And I can sit totally naked and masturbating with up to 175 users in total silence.

not 1 person tipping or chatting. Happens every day i am on there.

I get so frustrated and loose my shit.

How fun is it for users to just sit in a dead room. It must be fun because users on cb do it all the time.

i will tell you it sucks for the model.

i just don’t get it.

and you wonder why models are on their phones. This is why.
pacience ,its a virtude... not all days are good, you just need pacience, and dont desesperate... cb sometimes can be so hard, but remember the good days you usted have, and focus ur energy on that, at least to me works, sometimes in 2 hours i do my day, other times take like 6 hours. depends... just have pacience :h:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.