AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

''Why I can't make it?!''

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evelyn_Salt said:
have you been posting incredibly rude comments to increase your luck

:shock:

Till that time I was convincing myself it's not You guys, it's my bad english or anything else.
But telling me I'm rude + no reaction for Megan's post explains everything.

Have fun.
Amber, change Your forum name to M.A.S. ;)

Yes, what she said was rude, but in all fairness, I don't think you can judge her on that either. It's not like your comments are exactly covered in sugary sweetness. :/

Evelyn_Salt said:
Ok. We don't understand each other - Amber - because 4 You hard work is then, when You r in top 100. (correct me if Im wrong). Then what will You say about those who try as same hard, +sometimes look a lot better than top and still earn small money? Every second room on that site is interesting to hang in. So it's still not about luck? ;)

I can see where you're coming from - I don't think that hard work always equals success, although I do think that success always equals hard work. As in, not everyone who works hard will be equally successful, but looking at the women in the top 20 or top 100 on MFC, almost all of them work consistently, frequently, for long hours, put a lot of time in off-cam, etc. Of course there are girls who do this and DON'T rise as high, but I would guess on average, those kinds of models make more money than the ones who don't, even if they aren't necessarily top models. Does that make sense?

What I mean to say is that yes, there are likely tons of models who are creative, engaging, work hard, etc that aren't top models but I also don't think it's fair to say "well, it's just luck" to girls who are top models because they work really hard.

I don't think, at this time, it'd really be possible to become a top model on MFC without a lot of hard work and a lot of hours put in. Any model going for top 20 these days seems to work every single day (or close to it) during the month, often twice a day. That, plus all the offline time/Skypes/videos/etc, would be considered hard work in my books.

Firstly, I'll give Evelyn the benefit of the doubt because English isn't her first language and say her posts come across as blunter than they are meant to be. When you aren't using your native language you often don't have the nuances to express as subtly with words what you may be trying to say. So when expressing your opinion with the most common and prolific terms it can come across as harsher and blunter.

Also (and I am digressing here a bit) I've also found that European models often sound more angry/forceful/upset than they are, just because the emphasis on how words are pronounces are sometime different. I've heard what I thought were huge argument between cam models, and when asked 'what was that all about?' told, just saying goodbye, and working out where we are going to meet up later! (To me it was sounding like, 'and if I ever see you again I am going to pull all your hair out! - lol) So lets remember everything is relative.

Anyway, I don't think there is any one winning formula that works on MFCs, if there was all the girls would use it and everyone would be happy! Saying that camming isn't hard work though? Well maybe it isn't to all of the models, but that is a total insult to any career models here that take it seriously.

I know models who put as much work into planning things off cam as appearing on, and work insanely long shifts! As a member, I can't always even sit and watch an entire shift that some models do because I get to tired, or need a break from being in front of the screen. And I'm not having to host and moderate a room, entertain a crowd, anticipate what is going to be popular that shift, deal with directors, deal with pms that range from abuse to marriage proposals, have random emocons of dicks posted all over my wall, and all for an unguaranteed wage that really depends on so many outside factors, its totally beyond control.

Anyway Evelyn, going back to your original post with the quote that ,'says EVERYTHING', let me share with you as a member who has worked very closely with a model to try and improve her earnings, some of my thoughts.

Is there luck involved,? - well of course there is. But I agree with everyone saying you make your own luck. The vast majority of models that have made it - in my eyes as a member - all offer something a cut above the models that aren't quite there yet. Weather you can see what they offer is an entirely different thing. They aren't online for you to judge how they run their room, they are there to make the most of the shift they can. If that means typing away in PM to the 2 or 3 members that make their targets, while barely speaking to the rest of the room, that's targeting an audience. If that works for them, its not being lazy! That's exactly what advertisers do. And modeling is about good advertising as much as having a good body. From what I've heard straight from many models, being an online friend, lover, agony aunt, shoulder to cry on, marriage councilor, or any one of a thousand forms of therapist is just as hard or harder, and sometimes more emotionally tiring and scarier than setting targets and doing shows. It gets into your head in different ways. Those models may look boring or lazy in their room, but then devote as long as they were online, texting, yahooing, skyping and generally providing the 'not a model, but a friend' experience in their own time, to be able to act that way in their rooms.

I do believe that camaraderie in the room helps, and draws more tips, and off course members trying to beat each other is amazing for a model. But there must be something in the first place to make those members stay. 'I think most of them couldn't give a shit about the model.' - wow, there are jerks online who really don't give a shit about the model, but they don't last in any models room long. Even in the most cliquey rooms I've been in, it's obvious the members who are there for the long term love and adore the model. Liking other members is a bonus, but you want to see what you are talking about get an account and visit the lounge for a little. Lots of bragging and vile behavior and no need to tip at all. Popular rooms can work in reverse you know. If I enter a room and everyone knows each other and its full of in jokes, I might like the model, but its to hard to find an in, and in most cases I'll drift back out of the room.

All the other things in the post you quoted that are 'negative' - tipping wars, buying raffle tickets, paying high tokens for the model to write the name on their body, fast countdowns - aren't at all negative! They are negative because they aren't happening in the posters room! It they were she would probably be happy! Raffles remind her of old people so she doesn't like them? Ok, forget who you want to hang out with in your real life social circle, think of who is going to have the most disposable income to tip you. I'd run raffles, play 70's and 80's music in your room (The decades, not the age of the music!), be the online younger woman, offer a pension card discount on content! Cam smart. (cam S-mart)

Broke guys in the room can be annoying, but probably not as annoying as no one in your room at all. And you know what? Being honest to them helps. Don't give them guilt trips, but let them know you are there to work, and you have to give priority to members that may or are tipping. If they become propriatorial in your room and start asking for tips or giving unwanted advise, just let it be known you don't want that, most do it because they think they are helping. You know the tips you may find more meaningful down the track aren't the ones from rich members that throw tokens around, but from members that find it hard to tip, but when they can give you all they have. In my friends room there was a guy who didn't tip for nearly a year, but didn't make himself a nuisance either. Then at Christmas used his entire Christmas bonus on a tip for her, with a basic note saying sorry he couldn't do that more, he wished he could, and thanks for never sending him away. Lots of members are dicks, but some will surprise you in the future.

I have lots more I could say, but wont have the time to type it all. Just be a smart model, find a niche, try and be or provide what members want, work hard, work regular hours, don't work more than one site if you are on MFCs, watch other models and see how they work - don't judge them - learn from them. There are lots of lovely models here that share their thought and time, use them as a resource. Good luck!

Couldn't your time be better spent trying to improve your MFC standing through a little elbow grease, rather than spending time here telling successful models they do not know what the eff they're talking about?

I watch some of these girls and listen to them talk about what sometimes goes into cam prep, no one here has been struck by overnight lightning success.... Though I so still walk around with my umbrella out in storms, just in case :lol:

Really though, if you were actually interested in getting to top model heights, you would have tried befriending the girls here instead of attacking and maligning them.I have a low cam score, I don't blame it on anyone other than myself. You gotta be your own four leaf clover. Here on this site, I try to be a little sponge to pick up tips like a good little padawan.

These girls know their shit.

That is all.

:handgestures-salute:

Evelyn_Salt said:
have you been posting incredibly rude comments to increase your luck

:shock:

Till that time I was convincing myself it's not You guys, it's my bad english or anything else.
But telling me I'm rude + no reaction for Megan's post explains everything.

Have fun.
Amber, change Your forum name to M.A.S. ;)
I'm about to change your forum status to R.I.P. Because I (and undoubtedly most people here) don't appreciate your patronizing attitude.

You have called out girls by name and insinuated that they look lazy or unattractive and make judgments on how much money they make dispite those facts. That's some catty bullshit if you ask me.

By posting, and agreeing with (as far as your posts have seemed to reflect) the original rant, you have displayed that you're upset with the status quo on MFC because you don't make as much money as the top 100 girls. Thus, I assumed you felt unsuccessful.

Can anyone explain to me what M.A.S. Means in English?

JerryBoBerry said:
AmberCutie said:
Can anyone explain to me what M.A.S. Means in English?

I've already asked 3 models what that means too. No one has a clue! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, it's kind of a failed insult if no one gets it. Maybe she'll come back and explain so we can all feel the sting. :lol:

Miss_Lollipop said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
P.S. i get the same "you're beautiful and if i had money id give you all my tokens" too .. 10 x a shift, as well as on my twitter every day. Its not just you. MFC runs on a model that has high high high traffic, and only a very small % of these will be paying traffic. Thats why you either aim for HIGH room counts (doing visually interesting things) and then figure out a way to get the % tipping you up as high as you can (offer tipping incentives that appeal to a large audience) OR you market yourself towards a small but heavy-tipping group of members who will be able to tip a lot. At this point, it will be quality over quantity and your room counts wont matter as much.

Way off topic but i just realized... I do this to street artists sometimes. If i walk past a beatuiful painting (ltos of people display their art around the city i live in) I will often make a point to stop and tell them their work is beautiful. When they try to make a sale, I tell them I have no money for art right now in my budget.

I wonder if I'm as annoying as basics who tell me im gorgeous and they'd give me all their money if they had any. LOL

Can anyone tell me if it is so? Am i being rude by doing this?

I'm a musician, and I appreciate every single person that tells me they enjoy my show even if they don't buy any of my merchandise. I will probably give more attention to the people that do buy it, but I enjoy hearing that someone liked my music/show/style/body, etc.

Evelyn_Salt said:
I'll write it fast cuz Im tired of this so might me many mistakes in my post.

Where I said I'm not successfull for myself? I earn x5 more than normally people earn in my country. And the topic was written with ''THIS" cuz I was not talking about myself. Yea next to top 100 I'm still shitty but there are lower camscore models too. Posted it for girls who are here a while but still don't see results. When You start this job You watch others, hearing bullshits about hard work, then open one of top rooms, watching there a girl lay on the floor and getting tokens and You r like WTF? lol You will bit me again for that but be sure there are plenty of models thinking same way.

Ok. We don't understand each other - Amber - because 4 You hard work is then, when You r in top 100. (correct me if Im wrong). Then what will You say about those who try as same hard, +sometimes look a lot better than top and still earn small money? Every second room on that site is interesting to hang in. So it's still not about luck? ;)

You're just one of the girls that thought you could hop on cam and flash your pretty smile and make bank and are pissed that you don't

Thank You.

So... wait, what? You earn more than five times that of the average person in your country working a job that you claim is not hard work and for which the only attribute needed to be a success is luck (by your own admission, would this not make you one of the "lucky" models who don't have to work hard for their money?) and yet you still felt the need to post a passive aggressive screed documenting how unfair camming is because it only rewards the lucky and not the hard working girls further on down the page? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

And no, of course working hard does not guarantee success. Such is life, ya know? It sucks but it is what it is. But your maths is wonky, yo. Hard work and luck are but two of a buttload of factors that might affect a cam girl's (or anyone else's) success. A cam girl might work hard but might be doing the wrong things. She might work hard but not have the looks to attract the masses. She might work hard but not have the personality to hold a room's attention. She might work hard but be making fundamental mistakes like not be paying attention to camscore or giving too much away for free. She might work hard but might be catering to a niche market that doesn't really exist on the site she's on. She might work hard but not be putting on the kinds of show that people want to see. And yes, she might be working hard but be extremely unlucky. Luck is a factor, but it certainly doesn't account for "90%" of a girl's success, no matter how much you'd like it to. It just doesn't fit this tidy little narrative you've formed around you that conveniently justifies your shitty attitude and condemns anyone who has the audacity to make more money than you.

Ryidia said:
I swear this forum is more interesting to read than cosmo sometimes. :twocents-02cents:

ALWAYS more interesting

Anyway, I need to vent....since this has got me riled up, even though I know the discussion is "over"...

Firstly how much time can a model spend on MFC before she gets fed up of the "hard work" "its not work" shit we get a million times a day. Just because some girls enjoy (most i would hope) what they do on cam doesnt mean its NOT work...hmph. I walk dogs for a living and babysit....should I be paid less because I love doing these things....do I not get the badge of "hard work". Bullshit. Where did this whole attitude that "work" has to be painful and a horrible suffering thing...why the hell cant we ENJOY it.

Secondly ITS IS HARD WORK, nothing in life IS EASY 100% of the time. What you might see as "easy work" is tough for someone else. I know for me personally working in retail or an office 5 days a week 9-5 for some company that I dont give a toss about and vice versa would KILL me. Though I'm sure working in quite retail store or something would mean less "work" for me it would be BORING. Camming is a challenge, but the perks outwiegh the cons, so yeah, when I meet a goal and feel happy it feels like money well earned...but it doesn't mean it was easy. Its all about finding work that makes you feel like your time was well spent.

Thirdly negativity is lame. Im a big MOANER, I love to moan, I love to complain, I love to be a hater, trust me. Don't bring that vibe to this forum though, I come one here (and Im assuming lots of other girls do ) to get some inspiration and to make me continue to try my best when I go online. Everyone on here is at different levels of MFC, theres a big mix of camscores, not everyone here is Top Model and plenty aren't ranting about it. No ones telling you to be a camgirl, if its not worth your time , stop, but please don't come here and dump a load of negativity on us. We don't need it. Your not going to get a good response, plenty of us get told we don't work real" jobs every day while we grind our butts up on our screens and try and attempt not to SCREAM at all the MORONS.

:bunny:

HAPPY CAMGIRL VIBES

Kickaz said:
Camming is not a get rich fast scheme, you have to work on building your community.

Something that bears repeating. Because I feel it is lost on some girls who try MFC out. Or any other site.

Even if you were a clone of Jessica Alba or whoever the world thinks is super hot at this point, if you don't work at getting people to enjoy coming to your room, and continually coming back, then you aren't going to be successful at it.

It's the same with my game reviews. I haven't been putting as much time or effort trying to get the views on them as I should. As a result, even a popular game that I reviewed, GTA V, is still sitting at under 40 views on YouTube. Why? Mostly because I don't put in the effort as I should, to get those views up. Sure, part of the problem is I don't get early copies to review to have up as soon as embargos lift, but there are tons of people on YT who do similar to me, put up reviews of far worse technical quality than me, etc., who get shit tons more views than I do. Another problem is I just don't put up enough videos.

Camming is much the same. If you don't pimp yourself out wherever you can; if you don't work to get the followers; if you don't do things to make your room enjoyable... well, you aren't going to succeed.

I know why I don't get the views on my content. And any model that can't make it on any site, not just MFC, should also realize what they're doing to not get the eyeballs on them.

Reactions: Puffin
jessie125 said:
Conclusion? Hard work and creativity can make just about anyone successful as a cam model. We have worldwide reach and there are nearly infinite tastes out there. So many niches to fill - you just have to find the one you fill, and then fill it well :)

To me, the second most interesting thing about MFC are the "business models" of the girls (the first most interesting thing, of course, is the girls).

I know there are a lot of factors involved- physical attractiveness, personality, ability to speak English well, quality of equipment, etc. But I'm sure that hard work and creativity/marketing of the model is a big part of what makes models successful.

Every time I go on MFC, there are models in the top 100 who are not especially great looking. At the same time, I can almost always find at least one girls with a cam score less than 500 who is simply stunning.

The good news is that some of those who start out with low or average scores eventually figure out a way to climb the ranks- maybe not to the top 100, but to the point where they have large numbers of members in their room and get decent tips.

Many others, of course, fail and give up.

I guess it's a lot like any other business.

Some day, I hope a major B-school does a study on this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.