AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

''Why I can't make it?!''

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because the top models seemed to have gained people with a nice smile and cute chats doesn't mean that strategy doesn't work for some of us on the lower end of things. Its just different.

I sit at around the 16-1800 mark now and a nice smile and fun chats are one of my things. Its kind of a hard gig. A lot of people don't feel like they should be paying for conversation, though the awesome ones do seem to feel it is part of my value and try to take it into account I think.

Dudes don't like to feel like they're the only one carrying the weight. No one does. It creates pressure if you like a model that seemingly no one else wants to put the effort into. And if you're coming into a model's room to have a good time and enjoy yourself, feeling pressured isn't part of that. I think that might be why a lot of guys avoid hardworking models' rooms that have few regs. Because they can't bear to watch us struggle and work our asses off for hours feeling like they can't finish our countdown themselves and not wanting to watch our either well or not-so-well covered pain.

Part of why top models are successful is they've put the work in to find and keep regulars, or at least prime them. I've noticed a number of people just seem to check in on my room. Lots of the names are familiar and lots of them have never give me a single token. I've had members who have been around since my first day surprise me six months later with a private request. Just being around for a while and giving it some time can make all the difference. When people come back in 6 months and see you doing better, with more of a following, they're more likely to hop on.

This business is totally random. I've got a camscore above ladies who I *KNOW* work it harder, smarter, better, and sexier than I do. The people who like me like my swaggle and I don't know why. But I like that they do.

You can only do what you know how to do well and that's be you. Be what you're like and be like yourself and someone is going to like that. The internet is big and full of stuff. You just have to be there for them to find you.

Edit: also is this you? http://profiles.myfreecams.com/EvelynSalt It sounds like what you're doing is fairly successful but if you were around more, more people would see you and know what you're doing from day to day. What do you mean when you say 'make it'? You're in the top ten percent of camgirls. http://mycamgirl.net/myfreecams/model/EvelynSalt

From your stats, you're not on that regularly. This is a problem for me too. I think you said earlier that your experience had been 90% luck, look at it this way, in that if you're around regularly you're going to have more time for that luck to work its mojo for you.

Miss_Lollipop said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
P.S. i get the same "you're beautiful and if i had money id give you all my tokens" too .. 10 x a shift, as well as on my twitter every day. Its not just you. MFC runs on a model that has high high high traffic, and only a very small % of these will be paying traffic. Thats why you either aim for HIGH room counts (doing visually interesting things) and then figure out a way to get the % tipping you up as high as you can (offer tipping incentives that appeal to a large audience) OR you market yourself towards a small but heavy-tipping group of members who will be able to tip a lot. At this point, it will be quality over quantity and your room counts wont matter as much.

Way off topic but i just realized... I do this to street artists sometimes. If i walk past a beatuiful painting (ltos of people display their art around the city i live in) I will often make a point to stop and tell them their work is beautiful. When they try to make a sale, I tell them I have no money for art right now in my budget.

I wonder if I'm as annoying as basics who tell me im gorgeous and they'd give me all their money if they had any. LOL

Can anyone tell me if it is so? Am i being rude by doing this?

If it's an organized street event where there's many prospective buyers around, I think that is rude, since you could be taking their attention away from someone who does have money for art in their budget. But this sounds like the art equivalent of busking, and in that case, I'm sure they appreciate it, especially if you show genuine interest and ask them for a card or blog/website info. Maybe the ones who have done galleries or are getting close to that point, may get slightly annoyed at worst. So I don't think it's rude. But I can only relate to doing street "performances" and maybe art is different.

Being lucky has been mentioned so many times in this thread my ears are ringing. har har har. :p I'm changing my name to SluttyMcNutty :shifty:

But for reals, Camming can be quite the roller coaster for anyone and you definitely need a certain something to not go puking all the time but I don't think Luck is the word you're looking for. Persistence maybe.. or adaptability... But to be honest knowing yourself, what you enjoy doing, what you're best at, can be a hard thing. Not everyone can do that. Such is life. The most successful people seem to be the one's who know how to put all that together.

The other major side of it is it takes a a real life skill to hop back on and not get overly butthurt when you make pennies after a day/week/month of doing very well. It weighs heavily on your mind. Not being sure of what your own personal "best" is or can be. Do you keep going or not? That's something experienced throughout the ranks a lot and something lots of people don't know how to handle well. And the answer isn't the same for everyone. No matter what you do on your best day, the only guarantee is the next will be not be exactly the same. But personally I think the people who handle this correctly do the best.

Some people know what they bring to the table and know how to use it the day they start, others may take more time to cultivate their "something" but regardless, the people that want to and know how to make the most of themselves, make it. When you can't hang and get too caught up in what other people do you're way more likely to get lost behind. But it's really no different from all aspects of life. :eek:bscene-smokingpimp:

Miss_Lollipop said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
P.S. i get the same "you're beautiful and if i had money id give you all my tokens" too .. 10 x a shift, as well as on my twitter every day. Its not just you. MFC runs on a model that has high high high traffic, and only a very small % of these will be paying traffic. Thats why you either aim for HIGH room counts (doing visually interesting things) and then figure out a way to get the % tipping you up as high as you can (offer tipping incentives that appeal to a large audience) OR you market yourself towards a small but heavy-tipping group of members who will be able to tip a lot. At this point, it will be quality over quantity and your room counts wont matter as much.

Way off topic but i just realized... I do this to street artists sometimes. If i walk past a beatuiful painting (ltos of people display their art around the city i live in) I will often make a point to stop and tell them their work is beautiful. When they try to make a sale, I tell them I have no money for art right now in my budget.

I wonder if I'm as annoying as basics who tell me im gorgeous and they'd give me all their money if they had any. LOL

Can anyone tell me if it is so? Am i being rude by doing this?

Yes.

Hm. Having busked before with a performance art, I can say that crowd gathering is kind of important as well.

The same way that some members won't really stay in a room unless some other people are talking, when you're doing a performance style thing on the street, the more people who see people standing and watching you, the more will stand and watch you. The more stand and watch you the more likely it is that a few of them will give you their change.

On the street, you actually see everyone who isn't paying any god damned attention, or is actively trying not to pay attention to your art, be it street art, street performance or whatever. Encouragement is awesome. Or nonconventional things.

Once, a dude gave me a crystal instead of money because that's all the poor little hippie had. It is my favourite thing ever.

SeraTonix said:
A lot of people don't feel like they should be paying for conversation, though the awesome ones do seem to feel it is part of my value and try to take it into account I think.

Dudes don't like to feel like they're the only one carrying the weight. No one does. It creates pressure if you like a model that seemingly no one else wants to put the effort into. And if you're coming into a model's room to have a good time and enjoy yourself, feeling pressured isn't part of that. I think that might be why a lot of guys avoid hardworking models' rooms that have few regs. Because they can't bear to watch us struggle and work our asses off for hours feeling like they can't finish our countdown themselves and not wanting to watch our either well or not-so-well covered pain.

I think SeraTonix gives a good theory on the genuine members who want to contribute but prefer not to carry the load of the conversation or the countdown, and needs some support. It might be nerve racking as being the only member chatting in the box while everyone sits back, making one feel like they're in the spotlight. I'd also like to give a cynical view on certain types of members:

It feels like a lot of other members are trying to get as much pleasure as they can while paying as little (or none if possible) as they can, so they sit there waiting for other members to fork their tokens toward the countdown, or maybe hope for the model to do a "free show" so to speak.

As for those members who only make conversation while giving the "i'd give you tokens if i had money" excuse, i wonder if they take the cam modeling setup for granted, or they realize what they're doing and not give a shit. Either way, it would seem their intentions are to take advantage of the opportunity, whether it's obtaining a cheap thrill by conversing with a beautiful model, or to build rapport and perhaps leading toward a deeper friendship (or more). [It's just a guess there.] Although there's nothing wrong with making a friend off a camsite as it's a side bonus to the business, it's not the main objective to why a model is signing online in the first place. After all, members claiming "i'd give you tokens if i had money" is nothing more than a hyperbole because of however many who use that excuse can't all be THAT broke, right? If a member can get away with something for free regardless of whether they feel it's right or wrong, then why not.....?

:twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Puffin
Evelyn_Salt said:
Well, Nicole Hitman definately worked Her ass off to become top20 :p Especially that it's Her first month.. lol

Once I asked a member about BustyAn. I asked him ''what make people tip to a girl who seems to be bored as hell, doing nothing except twirling on a chair and Her face is covered by Her hair most of the time?'' (Oh, please be sure that I warn Him to not get me wrong :p)
Know what He said? - ''I think it's a personal taste''.
WTF!! How rude can you be?!
Calling other models out by name and saying they look "bored as hell." Who the fuck do you think you are???
I think you left a dildo in your ass from your last cumshow. It's time to take it out.
:snooty: :naughty: :hand:

I've been camming for 3 months now on MFC and really in my opinion it's 100% work for the model. It's like any other job. The more effort you put into it the better you are going to do. I log onto cam as much as possible. Every day when I can and slowly but surely I am building a following. I am a page 3 model most of the time. The thing that has helped me out with this is finding a time when not as many models are on, such as early morning, and BAM page 1. That takes works just in the fact that I have to change my schedule around a little to find the best time to help me out. So many things go into being successful. Good looks might help get people into your room but what you do in your room and and how you make your members feel while they're in your room, for me, is what makes my member want to tip me. My regulars all tell me they continue to come back because I make them happy and I make them feel good. If you're having a bad day or it's a little slow on cam, don't let it show. Continue to be chipper and please, don't whine about how bad the day is. It's not sexy!! Now I'm not a top 100 model or even a top 1,000 but you can believe I work hard, 100% to get all the money I need.I guess my advice is stop worrying about being on the top and worry about meeting your goals and working hard. Keep in mind you are competing with THOUSANDS of models who are busting their ass as well. So just do your thing and in time you will get there :D STAY POSITIVE!!!

Evelyn_Salt said:
You ever been addicted to a chatroom before? It's like that. I think most of them couldn't give a shit about the model. They only go in because they have other premium friends in there who make the experience much more fun... I can only really compare it to a bunch of lads meeting up at the pub. They dont like the pub much, but they like the company and the banter and they like to show off who earns the most money by buying the most girls a drink... even though they have no interest in taking her home... well the top models rooms are like that. You'll see the rich guys in there everynight, greeting each other like best buds, discussing who gave the biggest tip last month, and declaring they will beat it soon. They will pay high tokens (1000ish) just for their names on the models mirror/wall/profile page, which is silly really. They buy about 700 raffle tickets (i fucking hate raffles they just remind me of old people) but they don't even care if they win - they just want to be noticed. They won't go into the lower rated models rooms though (models who are actually doing really awesome amazing 1000% effort shows) because there's none of their mates there to see him drop the big tip. So the lower rated girls, no matter how good they are, will always struggle to reach the countdowns. And its swings&roundabouts then. Because the higher rated girl gets the tokens fastfastfast for her show - she gets the basics/guests&freeloaders in her room the most (because the cheapasses sit and hover over the most popular rooms list) and that leads to more and more 'small tips' from randomers, who happened across her when she had a dildo in her fanny. This then in turn means the lower tippers don't have tips left to spend on the lower rated models.
So all in all.
I quit MFC.

I can't speak for the other "big tippers", but I do go into different chat rooms regardless of what the cam score is. I typically tip for the content and also for the attitude of the model. I've been known to have brought a lot of raffle tickets, but it's always for something I really want. I've been known to brag about the past some, but I don't think it's to the content that you describe here. Models that I have found on ACF has really broaden my range of really beautiful women regardless of what their cam score is. When I do drop a "big tip", it is to make the model happy for the second. I'm a lot more interested in seeing a model's reaction than I am in seeing guys say "WOW". Seeing a woman happy makes me very happy. :)

Kickaz said:
I like to believe we create our own luck. If we are proactive and do the right things, have the right attitude we are more likely to attract success and members that will tip us.

Also a smart man once said "success is 90% hard work (smart work) and 10% talent (includes also beauty in our industry)
I really appreciate your statement about having the right attitude. It's something I need to never forget in my own job. Hugs.

You have worked 120h in the last 6 months and you now wonder why you're not a top model?!

Quotation mark

In English writing, quotation marks or inverted commas (informally referred to as quotes or speech marks)[1] are punctuation marks surrounding a quotation, direct speech, or a literal title or name. Quotation marks can also be used to indicate a different meaning of a word or phrase than the one typically associated with it and are often used to express irony. Quotation marks are sometimes used to provide emphasis, although this is usually considered incorrect.[2][3]

Quotation marks are written as a pair of opening and closing marks in either of two styles: single (‘…’) or double (“…”). Opening and closing quotation marks may be identical in form (called neutral, vertical, straight, typewriter, or "dumb" quotation marks), or may be distinctly left-handed and right-handed (typographic or, colloquially, curly quotation marks); see quotation mark glyphs for details. Typographic quotation marks are usually used in manuscript and typeset text. Because typewriter and computer keyboards lack keys to directly enter typographic quotation marks, much typed writing has neutral quotation marks. The "smart quotes" feature in some computer software can convert neutral quotation marks to typographic ones, but sometimes imperfectly.

The closing single quotation mark is identical or similar in form to the apostrophe and similar to the prime symbol. However, these three characters have quite different purposes. The double quotation mark is similar to, and often used to represent, the ditto mark and the double prime symbol.

:text-datsphatyo:

Evelyn_Salt said:
You have worked 120h in the last 6 months and you now wonder why you're not a top model?!

Quotation mark

In English writing, quotation marks or inverted commas (informally referred to as quotes or speech marks)[1] are punctuation marks surrounding a quotation, direct speech, or a literal title or name. Quotation marks can also be used to indicate a different meaning of a word or phrase than the one typically associated with it and are often used to express irony. Quotation marks are sometimes used to provide emphasis, although this is usually considered incorrect.[2][3]

Quotation marks are written as a pair of opening and closing marks in either of two styles: single (‘…’) or double (“…”). Opening and closing quotation marks may be identical in form (called neutral, vertical, straight, typewriter, or "dumb" quotation marks), or may be distinctly left-handed and right-handed (typographic or, colloquially, curly quotation marks); see quotation mark glyphs for details. Typographic quotation marks are usually used in manuscript and typeset text. Because typewriter and computer keyboards lack keys to directly enter typographic quotation marks, much typed writing has neutral quotation marks. The "smart quotes" feature in some computer software can convert neutral quotation marks to typographic ones, but sometimes imperfectly.

The closing single quotation mark is identical or similar in form to the apostrophe and similar to the prime symbol. However, these three characters have quite different purposes. The double quotation mark is similar to, and often used to represent, the ditto mark and the double prime symbol.

People who live in glass houses (shouldn't throw stones). idiom
Something that you say which means people should not criticize other people for faults that they have themselves. He's always criticizing Rick for the way he treats his wife and I feel like saying, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
See also: hypocrisy

Evelyn_Salt said:

Quotation mark

You said "I won't comment on it, this post says Everything."

That says to us "I agree with what I'm posting here. Someone else said it better than I could." You can't grump if that's how we interpret it. Your other posts in this thread continued in that vein of "MFC is all luck" until you realized you offended some girls and back tracked. Don't pretend now that you brought this post here to be all "tee hee look what I found, silly person doesn't understand MFC."

It's simple to get rid of things You don't like by saying She's jealous! It's all haters!! c'mon...You can't make Your life that easy! :lol:

I absolutely understand reaction of big camscore girls here because it sounds like they tip You that much just to show off not because of You lol. But as You already said: it's just the way MFC is ;)
The last thing. Please understand that to me it's very improper to call MFC ''hard work'' next to really hardworking people I see everyday. But it's just my opinion, like Your opinion is disagree with that.

Good luck to everyone, especially to SeraTonix :)

Honestly, I don't have a stellar cam score but I will say it gets better! Once you market yourself and are consistent with coming on cam you can usually build a following...and really generous guys that want to contribute to what your working towards. I adore MFC Models and members...always something bad in any line of work..remember that.

Evelyn_Salt said:
It's simple to get rid of things You don't like by saying She's jealous! It's all haters!! c'mon...You can't make Your life that easy! :lol:

I absolutely understand reaction of big camscore girls here because it sounds like they tip You that much just to show off not because of You lol. But as You already said: it's just the way MFC is ;)
The last thing. Please understand that to me it's very improper to call MFC ''hard work'' next to really hardworking people I see everyday. But it's just my opinion, like Your opinion is disagree with that.

... @_@ did you really just say its IMPROPER To call camming 'hard work'

I ran an animal shelter for 3 years. Full time. In the deep south. I busted my ass 50-80 hrs a week.

This is just as hard, minus the emotional guilt of killing animals. Its a different kind of hard.. more emotional exhaustion than physical.

I've never heard a camgirl actually try to say that its not hard work. Ever.
Im actually floored ...

I'd love you to come visit me and be a fly on my wall for a week.
What you do, clearly is not hard work to you. Thats fine.

No one is saying you're not entitled to an opinion, but you're still flat wrong... and disagreeing with you is what we're doing, not taking away your right to an opinion.

Fact: Its incredibly rude to try to tell other people how hard they're working.

I remember working in food service for ten hours at a time and yeah that was fucking hard work. It was hard work because I fucking hated it. I won't get into it and all the details. In that way yes camming is easier because it doesn't make me want to kill people. I actually enjoy it blah blah blah. I see what you're saying there

But camming is easy work though? Maybe that's why you're having such a difficult time with it, because you treat it like 'easy work'.

Evelyn_Salt said:

It's simple to get rid of things You don't like by saying she's lucky! It's all luck!! c'mon... You can't make Your life that easy! :lol:

Also, it sounds like you were drawn to camming because you assumed it would be easy, and rather than working hard to perfect your craft, you've now decided that the only reason success didn't fall in to your lap immediately is that you're not as lucky as the top girls, and therefore rather than spend any more time trying to learn more and be a better cam girl, you've just decided to rest on your laurels and take passive aggressive jabs about those lucky cam girls earning more money than you.

And I don't think anyone would argue that there aren't countless jobs out there that are much harder than camming (and usually pay much less for more hours worked), but that doesn't mean cam girls don't work hard, ya know? Especially the top girls.

It bothers me to no end that a model who took 6 consecutive weeks off cam can still insist she works hard. The top girls work more hours in a month than you have in the last 6 months. If you genuinely think camming is 90% luck, then I think you're destined to be "unlucky."

For you to to blend your defeatist attitude with this know-it-all mentality, all while trying to diminish the effort top girls actually DO put in is unbelievably obtuse. I generally doubt you'll be successful in life. You probably won't ever achieve your goals for camming, at least not without changing your outlook on it.

The top girls are the top girls because they put in the hours consistently, and when they face failure- they turn to innovative ideas to overcome their bad nights. They improve their game instead of whining. But if you want to make yourself feel better by saying they're just luckier than you, by all means, do so. Let us know how that turns out in the long run. ;)

When speaking of models who come into MFC unprepared and a little naive about their goals and expectations, well, I was that person. I didn't understand what i needed to do from the beginning to help myself bloom and have suffered the consequences from it. (599 camscore, etc) Its been about 5 months so far, and I have had alot of frustrated evenings since day one. Thoughts like, "Well, if this model has a camscore of 5000 then this should be easy for me!" which is an incredibly silly assumption to make IMO since every model essentially has her own appeal to her own audience and who knows how long it took for X model to become to successful. Also, there are alot of days that are generally slow and when there aren't as many premiums logged in at a certain point, and the lower camscore girls feel the most weight from this, and it does get incredibly disheartening.

So far though, I have learned that staying regular, persistent and positive does help TREMENDOUSLY. My camscore is just breaking 900 and I dont have the "rich" tippers yet, but I have come along way as far as gaining regulars and maintaining a livable income for my situation.

Overall, although I empathize with the frustration felt in this post, it's pretty disheartening to models like myself who are still working on what they're doing and still trying to "learn the ropes." And ya, sure MFC isnt for everyone. If you dont have the schedule to stay regular or the patience to build a community and get to know your followers then yes try something different. But for anyone else who is having a hard time and wants to get better at it, the effort and positive attitude goes a long way. :-D

mynameisbob84 said:
Evelyn_Salt said:

It's simple to get rid of things You don't like by saying she's lucky! It's all luck!! c'mon... You can't make Your life that easy! :lol:

Also, it sounds like you were drawn to camming because you assumed it would be easy, and rather than working hard to perfect your craft, you've now decided that the only reason success didn't fall in to your lap immediately is that you're not as lucky as the top girls, and therefore rather than spend any more time trying to learn more and be a better cam girl, you've just decided to rest on your laurels and take passive aggressive jabs about those lucky cam girls earning more money than you.

And I don't think anyone would argue that there aren't countless jobs out there that are much harder than camming (and usually pay much less for more hours worked), but that doesn't mean cam girls don't work hard, ya know? Especially the top girls.
Exactly this.

Also:

Please understand that to me it's very improper to call MFC ''hard work''

This is why you are not a successful cam girl. You don't put hard work in, you don't get good income out. Keep on arguing, though, sister. You're just one of the girls that thought you could hop on cam and flash your pretty smile and make bank and are pissed that you don't. I'd suggest going to find a job that you feel is "hard work" and actually work at it, because camming isn't the right job for you.

I'll write it fast cuz Im tired of this so might me many mistakes in my post.

Where I said I'm not successfull for myself? I earn x5 more than normally people earn in my country. And the topic was written with ''THIS" cuz I was not talking about myself. Yea next to top 100 I'm still shitty but there are lower camscore models too. Posted it for girls who are here a while but still don't see results. When You start this job You watch others, hearing bullshits about hard work, then open one of top rooms, watching there a girl lay on the floor and getting tokens and You r like WTF? lol You will bit me again for that but be sure there are plenty of models thinking same way.

Ok. We don't understand each other - Amber - because 4 You hard work is then, when You r in top 100. (correct me if Im wrong). Then what will You say about those who try as same hard, +sometimes look a lot better than top and still earn small money? Every second room on that site is interesting to hang in. So it's still not about luck? ;)

You're just one of the girls that thought you could hop on cam and flash your pretty smile and make bank and are pissed that you don't

Thank You.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Puffin
So, curious...have you been posting incredibly rude comments to increase your luck? If you really believe it's mostly luck then why post at all? Quite frankly all it looks like is you're wanting to kick girls who are down on their luck, and make those who aren't feel bad about themselves. Too many camgirls including yours truly do things like spreadsheets to know how much we need to earn, tweet, post newsfeeds and random contests and such on our profiles. We also see dramatic differences in income when we don't use these tools. Sure we've all seen girls "luck out", but if we don't want to wait for good luck...we don't have to, because we work. According to your stats you seem to barely even cam, so yeah...none of us are gonna take you seriously hon. The main reason any of us have gotten ragey here is because we know the facts, and yours aren't right. But hey, congrats on 5x the amount for your country if that's true, because honestly, it just sounds like another attempt to make camgirls in your camscore range feel bad, because they aren't making that. Maybe I'm wrong here and they are. My score has never been that high, but it still sounds a bit much.

have you been posting incredibly rude comments to increase your luck

:shock:

Till that time I was convincing myself it's not You guys, it's my bad english or anything else.
But telling me I'm rude + no reaction for Megan's post explains everything.

Have fun.
Amber, change Your forum name to M.A.S. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.