AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why is my cam blurry? :(

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MiaMeow

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Sep 10, 2012
I really need help with this because I feel it's really holding me back. My cam is super sharp and crystal clear on my screen and when I use it for pictures/videos, but when I open my cam in another browser it's extremely blurry and my viewers complain about it.

I use a Logitech C920 1080p HD camera, and I used to use a Logitech C615 cam, and had this problem with both. I've had it in both firefox and Google Chrome.
I did the speed test at speedtest.net and it informed me I have a download speed of 16.36mb/s and an upload speed of 1.04mb/s.
When I open my "Wireless Network Connection Status" window it says I have a full five bar signal and the speed is 144 mb/s.

I turned off Autofocus and that helped a tiny bit, but barely. I also played with some other settings and nothing helped. I also made sure I have the latest drivers, but it didnt help.

I have an Alienware M14x which runs Skyrim and Portal and The Sims 3 with barely any lag.

But it looks like this. On the left is on my broadcast screen, on the right is when I opened my page in another browser.

trkkv.jpg

So, um...help? Anyone?

I want to do things with your boobs, and sorry if that is awkward, I do not apologize for it. I want us to have a sleepover.

I feel fairly certain that this is a problem neither with your webcam or computer, but the MFC servers (or whatever website you're broadcasting through). Beyond that I am of no help... do you happen to use Manycam or another proxy software when you broadcast online?

Reactions: KayleePond
LET'S DO IT.

I broadcast on Chaturbate, and no, I don't use a proxy server. Would that help, or would that be a possible cause of the problem?

MiaMeow said:
LET'S DO IT.

I broadcast on Chaturbate, and no, I don't use a proxy server. Would that help, or would that be a possible cause of the problem?
Well, if you used Manycam, that would just be another relay to allow the feed to get warped before it went through. Do other models on Chaturbate have this issue? You might contact support with this info and see if they can help you.

THE PLOT THICKENS. I went onto mcf and took a screenshot of myself from another browser and it looks great. IDK, I'm gonna email Chaturbate and ask for help.

rhKJ3.jpg

I have the same problem on only chaturbate - some users complain about me being pixely and blurry when others tell me I look fine! My frame rate & connection are fine and I can see no problem on my end (I look clear in my browser) So I have no idea - again, possibly an issue with US servers? But then again its a mix of Aussies & overseas users saying it looks crappy as is a mix of people also saying I look fine! :crybaby:

Any help would be appreciated!!! :)

I would say asking Chaturbate staff for help is still your best bet. They might give you a boilerplate answer, but if it's happening to a lot of models they might have a solution.

Yeah, I just emailed them with all the screenshots. Jessi, maybe you could email too? Just so they know it's not just me having this problem.

& yeah, I have a guy in the next suburb over from me who says I'm very blurry, and I'm blurry on my own computer when I open it in another browser, so it's not just foreign viewers.

I've noticed similar when I am in a chat with webcams and I open my own cam to see how it looks. Everyone watching says I look fine, smooth, etc., but to my screen I see me being all pixelated and skipping frames.

I think it has more to do with Flash and it receiving its own signal than anything else.

But, if others say you are having cam issues, then, yes, check with the Chaturbate admins.

Chaturbate does a speed test when you open your broadcast and should give you a bunch of options as to video quality to use? including HD

"When I open my "Wireless Network Connection Status" window it says I have a full five bar signal and the speed is 144 mb/s."

Are you using Wifi to connect? you may have high speed but WIFI will give you lag and packet loss=blocky video.

nzhere said:
Are you using Wi-Fi to connect? You may have high speed but Wi-Fi MAY give you lag and packet loss=blocky video.

Fixed it for you.

She needs to disconnect from her wireless network, verify she has no Internet connection, plug an Ethernet cable into her wireless router and her laptop, verify that she has an Internet connection, test to see if the problem is still there.

Airwolfe said:
nzhere said:
Are you using Wi-Fi to connect? You may have high speed but Wi-Fi MAY give you lag and packet loss=blocky video.

Fixed it for you.

She needs to disconnect from her wireless network, verify she has no Internet connection, plug an Ethernet cable into her wireless router and her laptop, verify that she has an Internet connection, test to see if the problem is still there.

If that were the case my cam stream would appear blurry on all camming sites I use correct?
& yes I am aware of the options & speed test CB perform, & I always select high quality (my connection is more than sufficient to support the feed)

1Mb/s can be on the low end for streaming video, especially considering some ISPs allow faster speeds for short bursts (I know Comcast is one), so speedtest.net might reflect your "burst" speed rather than the speed you're able to sustain. It's also important that you have a decent ping speed. What was that number?

I usually have an upload speed of about 6Mb/s but I have had some MAJOR issues with my Comcast lately and often it's down to 1Mb/s or even less. When my connection gets that slow I experience some of the same problems as you. Pixellated video, lagging etc. It does seem to vary depending on which browser I'm using.

If your ISP offers a faster package you might consider that. 1Mb/s - 2Mb/s was my normal speed before I upgraded recently, and it just wasn't cutting it. It was okay most of the time on MFC, but certainly not usually any good for Streamate or anything requiring HD at all. My video quality has definitely improved on all sites after upgrading and it only cost me $10 extra a month.

Your video looks much better on MFC than Chaturbate, but maybe it lags more instead or they're using a more efficient compression etc. etc.

Or it could be something completely unrelated. But this is one thing to think about testing.

Just did the Speed Test again,

Ping is 31ms
Download 16.69 mb/s
Upload 1.14 mb/s

I'll look into seeing if they have higher speeds :)

Any update on this issue?
We performed our first show yesterday using the built in cam on our macbook, it was a struggle so we are looking at getting the C615.

Any comment on this model of webcam from fellow mac users?
Also are we going to face the problems that are being described in this post.

ps We use Chaturbate

ive noticed that a lot of cams on cb are blurry, including mine- maybe its not even your problem. what i did find is that cb works best for me using Internet Explorer. I never use IE but it didnt work well with Google chrome or firefox.

did you try uninstalling the webcam software and reinstalling it? maybe its a driver problem? if you dont have the disk your webcam cam with, you can easily find the downloadable software online. also, only when im on cb, i dont stream anything else like play music or leave skype of chats open. i started playing music on my phone instead.

chaturbate has always been bad quality for me... i have a 6 mb steady upload speed connection(lan).... but when i start to use any connection above 'medium' it will tell me that the connection is bad.. and so will my cam be... mfc/streamate work fine.. so i can imagine its on chaturbates side.. :(
there's nothing you can do about it...

just wanted to add a little note that i think your hair colour is beautiful! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.