AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Working 9 till 5 and camming.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nextdoormilf

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 9, 2016
MFC Username
Nextdoormilf
Hi all you wonderful people :)

I know a lot of you are full time models and I have to say you are an inspiration.

I was wondering how many cam girls also work a different full time job? I have to admit (sorry moan incoming) I'm struggling a bit long hours at work, coming home getting ready going on cam and maybe making about 200-500 tokens over 4 hours.

I know I'm not the most attractive and with work as well I'm not great at getting online every night as I'm just too exhausted. All this adds to not getting the most out of camming.

Just want to hear from other people that make this work hopefully will give me a bit of a kick up the butt I need. So if you do have another job how often do you cam? And how long have you been doing it?

Xxx

I have no advice, I just barely got everything set up but definitely curious about how people handle a regular job as well as camming.

Reactions: Nextdoormilf
I have done this full time for 4 years now so I don't know how you could improve on certain things but:

Could you try part time work and camming more? It could be the hours you are streaming as well, and depending on what site you are it could be hard to have a full time job and cam. A site like MFC takes a lot of hours and a consistent schedule where as on Streammate you could get away with less hours and a less consistent schedule.

Reactions: Nextdoormilf
Many good models a few years back with busy schedules used to do just weekends/ one day a week...but very consistently.

Is this still a reasonable option for today's camgirl?

It is exhausting! I wake up at 6:30 to go to work and don't get home until 5:30 or 6 :(

Between that, going to the gym, making dinner ect it gets exhausting. I honestly think the only way to commit to this is by cutting hours to part time and having a more consistent schedule for your followers.

Honestly I just go into every show with a positive attitude... Throw everything out the door from your day and just go into your other world :) I'ts easy for me because I honestly love doing what I do and use it as a tool to escape the daily stress

It can be very tough camming and working full-time. Right now I work a weird schedule, but 25-30 hours a week, and camming after that. Plus fitting in time to do some freelance online work (not related to camming).

Having at least one or two days a week you can commit to being online will definitely help you. :) It might take some time to figure out which days are busiest and work with your work schedule. I try to cam most nights like @MiaHahn because its fun way to unwind after a crazy work day :haha:
Oh and don't forget to sleep!

Thank you so much guys,

Really really needed to read this after the worse mfc shift since starting on from 5:30 till 10:00 grand total of 198 tips.

Was feeling really down till coming on here and reading your replies :)

Now I'm ready to get back on it tomorrow.

There are many related industries to camming. When I'm not on cam, I find myself working on these related things as oppose to finding a completely different job altogether. For example, you can make videos/clips and/or a membership site. This is what I do and it breaks up all that on cam time to something more manageable for me. Of course, a lot of my time goes into social media marketing and such as well. Hope this helps!

I work weekends in a regular job... because its the only time I can find childcare for when or if dh is in hospital... so I use monday to friday evenings to focus on camming

I made a similar post a while ago and am still exhausted. Given my camming style I cant just log on tired and hope for the best. I work 9-6 and I absolutely hate my job. To be able to cam more consistently I even quit the gym - but that made me feel so much worse.

Thank goodness I found out I will be made redundant in a month or so! This has saved my life, seeing as I was on a verge of quitting no matter what happens. Until then I will film clips, interact, get admin done and GO TO THE BLOODY GYM until I can give my full attention to camming. Work and camming just isn't working out for me and I think you have to be an exceptionally strong and organized person to do it. Saying that, I know many ladies on here who managed to cam consistently while working full time and camming at the same time, until they were able to quit their jobs. So it is definitely possible, it's just very hard.

Besides camming I've got full time school, a regular day job, and multiple different kinds of gigs as they come up. Last semester I only went online 2 nights out of every week, and as long as you're consistent I'd say it's still possible to do well that way. By the end of the semester sundays were known party days in my room, it was pretty great ^.^

Reactions: Keziah
The past two years, I juggled full time school, part-time day job on days off from school and was putting in 120-150 hours on cam a month! It was EXHAUSTING but WORTH IT! If you're consistently putting in that amount of time on cam, that's great! It takes time to build a following but if you love camming, stick with it!

Good luck!!

I work a full-time office job as well as camming and making clips. I do slack off on camming and clip making from time to time, but other times, I will come home from the office, relax for an hour or two, then get my makeup on and cam or film for up to five hours, then eat dinner, do chores, and go to bed. The only way I'm able to squeeze everything in is that I'm a short sleeper, and really only need 3-4 hours of sleep a night, so I can make it all fit. I sleep a little more than that because I love to sleep.

I have been focusing on my office job for the past month because they moved me to an earlier shift, after four years doing my previous one, and then started slapping with overtime two+ days a week, so I'm having to shift my sleep earlier and the adjustment is not an easy one for me.

Previously, my day would look like this:
Wake up at noon, get ready, request my Uber to work around 12:30
Get to work, eat breakfast, start my shift at 1:30
Off at 10, request Uber, get home around 10:15
Relax, internet, then around 11:30-midnight, start putting my makeup on
If filming, I'll go over over my scripts for the night, which I'll have planned out during downtime at the office, set up my filming area and camera, and film till about 3. If I'm going to edit the videos, I'll be doing that till about 5, while eating dinner. Then, while they run through a converter, I'll do any cleaning or laundry I need to get done, take a bath, and wind down. If I'm not editing the videos that night, I'll edit them the next night while on cam, and give myself a little more down-time or chore time.
If camming, I'll cam till 4-5, then it's dinner, chores, bath. Sometimes I'll eat dinner in the bath to save time, since I need to soak my back.
Go to bed around 6-7, it usually takes me an hour or so to fall asleep (woo, insomnia), and then start my day over again.

I have also done days where I would film for an hour or two, then cam while editing clips, and then, again, convert them while eating dinner and bathing, and upload them while I sleep, then I can come home the next day, get my gifs ready, and start queuing my clips on cam. Multitasking!

I used to have a full time vanilla job as well, so what I would do is cam for about 3hrs when I got home and was still in work makeup, take a break, eat dinner and cam for 3hrs after that. It may not have been the best schedule but I still made a decent amount every week in terms of money. Its exhausting, but once your body gets used to it, it becomes a lot easier.

I would also recommend maybe using a site that is not too intensive. I cam on Streamate and was able to make money there in that fashion because guys don't really require a lot of entertainment or innovation. Now that I am camming full time I feel I have the resources to put into token sites, but when I was working that was off the table. SM is good for doing part time hours on, just be consistent about those hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.