AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Would viewers still tip a model with a low satisfaction score? How to improve?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ava1992

Cam Model
May 6, 2020
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@ava1992_
Chaturbate Username
prettyartist1992
Hi everybody!

Just asking this because my satisfaction score is sliding down really fast.
My "thumbs up" are disappearing and I am getting more "thumbs down."

I really don't know why, and I'm trying to figure it out.
I take constructive criticism well and am very open to feedback!

The thumbs down didn't have any comments in it. I wish it did so I could know what to do better.

I think it may be that I only fulfill requests that are tipped for and have strong boundaries.
I am firm about following the site rules & being respectful.
If people are rude to me or other guests I use the "kick/ban" feature.
(Not just joking, I mean demands or insults.)

If that's why, then there's not really any point in worrying about it.
I know sometimes people can get mad and leave low ratings out of spite.
I'm just trying to rule out that it isn't me, as I'm seeing a more recent pattern.

The night I got the most recent thumbs down, my laptop battery was low.
I had to pause the broadcast, get my charger, and plug it in.
I feel so bad about that, and I am hoping it wasn't why. I always have it plugged in now.

I am concerned that my score will get below 65% because the thumbs down are more recent than the thumbs up.
and that I'll get the "tip at your own risk" warning.

I thought about hiding the score, but I don't want to look like I have something to hide. Lol.

Is this something I should worry about? My concern is that it will prevent people from wanting to tip.

If a model has their "score" hidden or a low score, do people still tip them?
Also what are some reasons that people thumbs down that I might be missing?

Thank you so much! I'm sorry to be annoying, I know there have been a lot of threads already like this.

Best,
Pearls/PrettyArtist1992

What percentage are you at now? If you have a tip menu/dice/etc and you are doing what you are tipped for then you should never get to 65%.

People still tip models with hidden scores, having a low score warning will impact tips though and that warning will show up even if you hide your score.

Most common reasons for downvotes is not performing a tipped for action or taking too long to perform a tipped for action. Another common one I see is models that lower their private price real low but then charge extra for every action and that will occasionally lead to downvotes but hitting 65% is extremely rare.

(edit: tip menu/dice/etc items should be priced 25+ tokens)

She is 95% , 63 up 4 down. (63 is not much to calm a trend...)

I really don't think that this single disconnection can cause such a thing :)
Also, did you have any argument with a viewer ? You may know that each tipper can vote each day, adding 1 'up' or 1 'down' point available for 3 months. It means that a single viewer coming every day (if you show every day) can count for up to 90 votes or so.

Being at 95%, it's still high enough to avoid the alert given to viewers. Idk the threshold for this (65% apparently) and I've never seen such alert, only heard speaking of it. And with your 4 down now, nobody will notice.

To change the trend, it's worth adding a notice like :vote-satisfied or to post it not too often (if you have a mod, just tell him) as many just don't feel concerned.

If a model has their "score" hidden or a low score, do people still tip them?
yes, not less not more than if it is shown for what I could see. I can link you few rooms hiding their score in dm if you want.

I think it may be that I only fulfill requests that are tipped for and have strong boundaries.
It's not easy to tell like this, without knowing your way to 'stay in boundaries' :)
It can be the impression to not have enough for the price, or the impression to not have an exchange with the model but only commercial relations like in a bakery :/ On my own I just leave with no vote in the 2nd case and voted down only once (shitty models exist :) )

edit: down vote was for an action not performed, and after discussion with the model, she just didn't care about doing it or not xd

edit2: (xd)
(edit: tip menu/dice/etc items should be priced 25+ tokens)
Yep, this to permit them to vote, also remind them...

Hi cbhours,

My response might sound whiny, but I went down from 96 to 95 percent.
I noticed my thumbs up are disappearing every day, and I'm getting more thumbs down.
I just want to try and save my score now before it dips further. LOL.

I perform all actions tipped for on my tip menu and am a fully nude model.
I have a Lush and a Domi as well that viewers seem to like.

I would never not give a viewer what they pay for - that's why all of this is a shock to me.
I really, really care about my audience and value their satisfaction!

Sometimes, there will be a goal set and people will tip a lower amount expecting me to do the goal show for that.
I think that could be their version of me not doing what they tipped for.
In that case, should I just do it anyway, or a preview?
I feel like my goal countdowns are more than fair though.

Thinking about it, I think the "taking too long" thing actually may have been why!
Sometimes several people tip for different things at once. I try to do what they tipped for in order.
Do you have any suggestions to manage multiple requests when it gets busy?

I usually say "I am doing requests in order, and I promise I will get to all of you. Thank you guys!"
I have had people leave before I can get to them though! :(
And sometimes people just keep tipping when it's busy , creating more requests!

That night I got the thumbs down, it was really busy. I just tried to do everything in order.

Sometimes, there will be a goal set and people will tip a lower amount expecting me to do the goal show for that.
no no, nobody would expect this or understand a preview. wait the goal, it's not the reason why.

(else : the older up votes (more than 3 months) disappear day after day)

• Hugs
Reactions: ava1992
She is 95% , 63 up 4 down. (63 is not much to calm a trend...)

I really don't think that this single disconnection can cause such a thing :)
Also, did you have any argument with a viewer ? You may know that each tipper can vote each day, adding 1 'up' or 1 'down' point available for 3 months. It means that a single viewer coming every day (if you show every day) can count for up to 90 votes or so.

Being at 95%, it's still high enough to avoid the alert given to viewers. Idk the threshold for this (65% apparently) and I've never seen such alert, only heard speaking of it. And with your 4 down now, nobody will notice.

To change the trend, it's worth adding a notice like :vote-satisfied or to post it not too often (if you have a mod, just tell him) as many just don't feel concerned.

yes, not less not more than if it is shown for what I could see. I can link you few rooms hiding their score in dm if you want.

It's not easy to tell like this, without knowing your way to 'stay in boundaries' :)
It can be the impression to not have enough for the price, or the impression to not have an exchange with the model but only commercial relations like in a bakery :/ On my own I just leave with no vote in the 2nd case and voted down only once (shitty models exist :) )

edit: down vote was for an action not performed, and after discussion with the model, she just didn't care about doing it or not xd

edit2: (xd)

Yep, this to permit them to vote, also remind them...

Hi DoD404,

Thank you so much!! This is so helpful. I hope you don't mind if I reply to each point:

I am trying to prevent my score from dipping lower than it is! I figured it's better to get some feedback now than let it sink again.

"Also, did you have any argument with a viewer ? " - I don't argue with viewers at all, as I feel that it wastes time that could be spent on tippers. So if someone is rude, I just immediately kick/ban. However,
sometimes those people were tipping before they started being insulting.

"It's not easy to tell like this, without knowing your way to 'stay in boundaries' :)
It can be the impression to not have enough for the price, or the impression to not have an exchange with the model but only commercial relations like in a bakery."

Thank you for this! Ok, so I was analyzing the way I talk, I think my responses may have been too transactional sounding.
I usually say "thank you for your request! X is ____ tokens on my tip menu," Maybe I should add more about how much I would love to do their request? ;D
Or I will say, "Hey guys, so I have private shows turned on if anyone is interested. "

"edit: down vote was for an action not performed, and after discussion with the model, she just didn't care about doing it or not xd" I would NEVER do this! That's why I don't get it lol

Thank you so so much, this helps!! :)

Reactions: DoD404
I feel like my goal countdowns are more than fair though.

Nope

Thinking about it, I think the "taking too long" thing actually may have been why!
Sometimes several people tip for different things at once. I try to do what they tipped for in order.
Do you have any suggestions to manage multiple requests when it gets busy?

I usually say "I am doing requests in order, and I promise I will get to all of you. Thank you guys!"
I have had people leave before I can get to them though! :(
And sometimes people just keep tipping when it's busy , creating more requests!

That night I got the thumbs down, it was really busy. I just tried to do everything in order.

As long as people see you doing tipped for actions then that should be fine for the vast majority, no one should expect you to skip someone elses tipped for item to get to theirs. Now if you stop and suddenly start talking to someone in the background about hellman's vs duke's then you might get some downvotes :giggle:

95% is fine, you're doing good.

Nope

As long as people see you doing tipped for actions then that should be fine for the vast majority, no one should expect you to skip someone elses tipped for item to get to theirs. Now if you stop and suddenly start talking to someone in the background about hellman's vs duke's then you might get some downvotes :giggle:

95% is fine, you're doing good.

Thank you so much!! :D I try to always stay focused on requests and the chat. I think I'm just worrying too much lol.
I love the site, and I feel like my viewers are really cool. I know they would understand even if my score dropped.

Also, when I am watching cams, I don't take the score into consideration AT ALL. If I like the model, that's all that matters. I don't even care if they do anything when I tip, just want them to be happy. Hopefully other viewers think the same as me, lol.

Last edited:
Now if you stop and suddenly start talking to someone in the background about hellman's vs duke's then you might get some downvotes :giggle:
:) hopping you let your smartphone out of your room too ^-^

• Hugs
:) hopping you let your smartphone out of your room too ^-^

Haha :p

Will do!! I only use it to control the Lush/Domi! But I was thinking of switching to the adapter instead. I don't answer texts or calls during my show and I never understand why a lot of people do! You want to be able to get to know your viewers :) (that's my favorite part of the website!)

Reactions: DoD404
I don't answer texts or calls during my show and I never understand why a lot of people do!
I once tipped for 15 seconds lush ultra high when a model answered a phone from her sister. She spoke in spanish and thought herself safe. Don't be that model 😁
(She subsequently called me 'pendejo viejo' in public, which I guess was fair 😝)

TBH, I never look at a model's score. I let her personality, actions and behaviour dictate my interaction with her. It's been years since I've been on CB. But, MFC has a similar rate/admire feature which I never bother with that's in her profile.

There's far too many variables on these things and every negative vote could be the same person doing it repeatedly because she rejected his devotions of love, or whatever. Sadly, the cam world is very vindictive and toxic at times.

I once tipped for 15 seconds lush ultra high when a model answered a phone from her sister. She spoke in spanish and thought herself safe. Don't be that model 😁
(She subsequently called me 'pendejo viejo' in public, which I guess was fair 😝)

I'm guilty of this too. I've done it while a model was on the phone, drinking something, walking away, and a few times when she was doing a BJ. Yes, I personally don't like the little pink alien used in a room. But, I understand it's part of the industry. That being said, I might as well do it for means of teasing a model in those times. ;)

To add to ForceTen's post: I never really notice CB models' satisfaction score, and for the same reasons as him I couldn't care less about it if I already like being in the room.
However, if I'm asked to or otherwise inclined (i.e. I actually remember), I leave positive feedback with a message to the model. Sometimes it's actual feedback, sometimes it's just a silly little text heart and sometimes it's nothing. On occasion I've even used the CB feedback thing as a rudimentary offline private message.

If I'm actually dissatisfied for some reason, I just leave without any fanfare or parting shot. Discretion is the better part of valor, and all that. I can always be a grumpy old man in my own time.

Same as to above. I don't look at scores, age, country, comments, etc. If I like the model, I go in the room, spend some time there and decide then if I continue to stay/return.

• Hugs
Girl, you're worrying and overanalyzing this. 95% = fine. Most ppl dont check. If i saw an amazon seller w a 95% good review id feel fine buying from them.

You will never ever ever be able to keep all viewers or tippers happy. U just wont. I royally pissed off a tipper last night, mid cum show kept requesting close ups. He was tipping but not 1000tk tips... i told him id work them in ..every time i went back to a normal cam angle he complained. Finally my pussy was dry and i went off on him lol. Im sure he wont be back.

But the 95% of people in my show will be and they will pay my bills so thats OK. Do not bend over backwards for people that try to pay less and demand more. You give an inch they take a mile. Set the bar high, see who jumps.

Hi Miss_Lollipop,

Thank you so much!! :)

I am feeling much better now!
I realized the same thing - that it's impossible to make everybody happy all the time. And that's ok.
I am sort of a "perfectionist" so I tend to way over-think things lol. Just going to relax and have fun :)

Also,

This is random, but close-ups are REALLY hard to do, at least with my cam!! They should appreciate that you did it.

I feel like guests need to try to become more aware of that - the cam may be set up in a certain way and challenging to move, at least it is for me.

When watching a show, I never request that the model change their cam angle, because I know it may be difficult for them to do. I'm so sorry about that.

Best,
Pearls/PrettyArtist1992

:h:

Last edited:
Don't stress yourself about it. Just ask some of your regulars to give thumbs up after they tipped. They just might have forgotten to do that lately.

Hi dark_mermaid !

Thank you so much & love that idea ! :) I realized I was just over reacting earlier. Just going to relax and have fun :) :h:

Best,
Pearls/PrettyArtist1992

• Hugs
Reactions: dark_mermaid
Add me to the list of members that doesn’t look at thumbs up/thumbs down ratings or particularly care about them. I also have never left a thumbs down (if I’m dissatisfied, I just make a mental note not to return).

In fact, I pay so little attention to it that I regularly forget to upvote models when I’m happy with the show. I’m happy to do it, and it takes zero effort (and helps the model), but I just don’t think about it.

Don't stress yourself about it. Just ask some of your regulars to give thumbs up after they tipped. They just might have forgotten to do that lately.

This. A friendly reminder is helpful, even if it’s a bot. I bet most of your happy customers would be glad to help you balance out the downvotes If you asked. Guys are sometimes forgetful, I’ve heard. 😊

Reactions: ava1992 and DoD404
Add me to the list of members that doesn’t look at thumbs up/thumbs down ratings or particularly care about them. I also have never left a thumbs down (if I’m dissatisfied, I just make a mental note not to return).

In fact, I pay so little attention to it that I regularly forget to upvote models when I’m happy with the show. I’m happy to do it, and it takes zero effort (and helps the model), but I just don’t think about it.

This. A friendly reminder is helpful, even if it’s a bot. I bet most of your happy customers would be glad to help you balance out the downvotes If you asked. Guys are sometimes forgetful, I’ve heard. 😊
Hi Smoothie,

Thank you so much! :) I appreciate your response and will definitely try that. :D
I realized I was just over-thinking lol.
The important thing is to just have fun and enjoy it.

Best,
Pearls/PrettyArtist1992

Reactions: Smoothie
Status
Not open for further replies.