AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Would you date a humanoid robot?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Would you date an android?

• Heck yeah! Absolutely!

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I'd sex it, but date it? Nah.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Nope nope nope. I've seen enough sci-fi movies to know these things never turn out well...

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I'm not sure?

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I'd be willing to try.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marceline

Cam Model
Aug 11, 2017
Say sometime in the near future you were able to purchase a robot that looked, talked and acted just like an ordinary human being. It'd be completely indistinguishable from a human. You could completely customize everything about it so that it would look exactly how you wanted it to look and act exactly how you wanted it to act. You would essentially be able to create your ideal mate. This android would be capable of performing every day tasks, carrying on conversations and being intimate.

Would you want to get one and then date it in lieu of a real person? Or do you find the idea unsettling and don't think you'd be able to form a romantic connection with a robot? On the upside, it will be whatever you wanted it to be. On the downside, even if you programmed "flaws" into it to make it more human-like, it still wouldn't have the ups and downs that's natural in a human relationship. There's more pros and cons, but yeah. Also, for the sake of the question you would have more than enough funds to where you can easily purchase one of these androids.

Personally, I'd do it. If it didn't work out I'd just have a sexy robot butler that I'd program to bake me cookies and give me foot rubs.

Not personally but I know quite a few people who have more intimate relationships with their phones than people. I can imagine a number of them being more than happy dating or living with a robot. As time goes on, I can see an increasing number of people thinking it the way to go and perfectly natural. 😍 :android:

If consciousness is simply wetware, It may be possible to have a similar intelligence using other forms of carbon based life, other biochemistry, and as well as other forms of constructed and or generated intelligence. If you look at what has been explored from super heros, Frankenstein, ghost in the shell, star treck, I think what we consider a being to be could greatly change with time and experience. The line becoming blurred or maybe even become meaningless.

Successful mating, paring, relationships, offspring, society, all of it create interesting questions. People may choose to enhance themselves or even shed their mortal body. Like a butterfly leaving the cocoon.

That is assuming that we are even in a universe actually created by energy. We could also be inside a computer, or we're just bacteria inside some larger creature.

Date? No. Even an advanced state of AI would likely just be the reflection of whoever interacted with it which means I may as well date a clone of myself. No fucking thanks.

Try to have sex with and ultimately be murdered because the robot gained actual sentience and is (rightfully) pissed off this is it's life? Sure.

The more appropriate question is would a sexy robot date me?

And I think we're actually a very long way off from sentient, autonomous AI in hot human-looking bodies that can actually move around.

• Funny!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Considering that I'm currently in a relationship with an INTP who is considered to be a robot by his coworkers and peers, yes. :p

Interestingly, he and I had this very exact discussion when we first started dating. The basic question was "if you could create your ideal mate, would you?" One problem with it is that what is ideal for you now, may not be ideal for you in the future, thus, you would have to continually update your mate for it to grow along with you. It's a huge responsibility to not only ensure your own individual happiness, but to also ensure the happiness of your partner. Whether the robot had emotions or not, one would most likely, over time, project emotions onto it. Soon, it would be akin to being in a relationship with yourself. A moral dilemma is also posed here. Do you believe that the robot has actual emotions? If so, then aren't you limiting it's freedom? Would you tell it that you are it's creator? If not, then aren't you harming yourself by forming such a deep attachment with an entity that can feel nothing for you? Would you even be able to have actual conversations with it considering it's been programmed to respond in a way that you desired?

There was much more, but it would take me far too much time to go through it all. After hours of discussion, we both decided that we would not go for it.

Additional questions were discussed. One of them being: If you found out that you were a robot and your partner had created you, would you stay in the relationship or leave if given a choice?

I wouldn't be able to get over it not being a real human being. Also I don't think I could possibly create an ideal mate, because what exactly is an ideal mate? What I think may be ideal might not actually end up being ideal in the end

act exactly how you wanted it to act.

My answer would depend on how is this done, if I have to instruct it on how to act to be the perfect partner then probably not because I don't know entirely what I want and i'm not sure anyone can say they can truly program the perfect partner.

Now.....if theres some sort of brain reading chip or back of the neck attachment or something that automatically determines what I desire at any given point in time then sign me up for "i'd be willing to try" :giggle:

• Funny!
I would give it a try, just out of curiosity, but I'd like to know first if he's conscient about being an android and not a real human being or if he is convinced he's a real human (then we could all be potential androids, that scares the hell out of me!) Like West World if you have seen this serie

Reading this made me think of "Blade runner" and "Cherry 2000" movies. 😉

I personally couldn't do it. I enjoy the randomness of the human mind and psyche. Knowing that it isn't a human being, would ruin it for me.

I would give it a try, just out of curiosity, but I'd like to know first if he's conscient about being an android and not a real human being or if he is convinced he's a real human (then we could all be potential androids, that scares the hell out of me!) Like West World if you have seen this serie
Oh man, imagine thinking you created the perfect partner only for them to turn into Wyatt

Reactions: Capryce
If you want to have a relationship with a machine get a Ferrari. Or a Ford. (hope that movie doesn't suck).
I'm kidding, and I'm not. Machines have variances - we mine ore, refine it to a certain purity, cast it, forge it, bend it, and have various people assemble it within certain tolerances - cars have personalities. Not like a human, like a car.

Getting to know a machine can be great fun, and a lifetime relationship. But let's not pretend it's human whatever you call her.

I have a great love of science fiction but the sentient robot thing bugs me and always has. Computers/robots do what humans program them to do. Machines are not human or sentient and I do not believe they can ever become self-aware or be anything more than a machine, period.

I like my vibrator because it gets the job done quickly and easily but it does not replace a loving hot sexual relationship even if it's attached to a human-shaped machine.

In my opinion anyone who becomes emotionally attached to a love doll type thing is delusional and suffering from a serious mental illness.

near future you were able to purchase a robot

This here is why I wouldn't. In your scenario you OWN the robot. It's like dating a slave. The power dynamic is so one sided there would be no point except to amuse yourself doing it. The robot is ultimately property so it's a risk to it's existence to do anything that you might consider, 'not having a good time'.

Maybe if robots existed equal or blended into society where you wouldn't know who's human or robot the situation might be different.

Reminds me of A.I. Rising with Stoya. Did not really end well there, so I don't know.

I mean, I am in a happy relationship, so that might be why it feels distant to me. But also, yeah the apocalyptic option is scary. But who knows what future holds!

Definitely not. The very nature of it (being programmed to be something I can think of) makes it unsuitable to be a legit partner for me.
I want someone who can challenge me and ,even though I'd like to be compatible in core beliefs, can make me REALLY think about things and potentially see them in a different light.

The moment a robot can do that is the moment that humanity likely stops existing, so then the question would be moot.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
No, absolutely no. I'm not big in sci-fi movies or lit but unfortunately I say it with a vey good reason. Been there, done that. Already had dates like that. Let's call it youthful mistakes. These sort of robots are also most of the times stupid, boring, they look all the same, they do/talk about all the same things. They're really like interchangeable. Have no interests, no passions, they're dumb as hell. No coincidence that they suck big time in bed and it feels exactly like what it is, like having sex with a fuck*ng robot. And, what's worst, they couldn't even make a good cup of espresso in the morning. Like, let's be serious, gtfo. Maybe I was just unlucky, don't know.

• Funny!
Reactions: Beawaresweety
Sorry for double post but it's too late to edit. Just wanted to add that humanoid robots seem to be already among us. I mean, we just have to ask Mrs Zuck what it's like living with one, because, let's be real, there's no chance he is human. On the other hand, good news is they apparently are unable to process/answer simple questions and are easy to spot because they usually come with a really embarassing haircut.

Last edited:
Hmmm.... Would Seven of Nine count? She has some Borg parts still but her mind is human, and oh what a mind it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.