AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

X-Files... At last!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be in the minority, but I loved the monster of the week episodes of X-files way better than the alien conspiracy ones. The stand alone episodes were always funnier, weirder, creepier, and more interesting to me. That first scene in this trailer looks like Roswell to me though, so probably more black goo aliens.

I want so badly for this not to be shit. Seasons 1-6 are up there with my very favourite seasons of television ever. Things went to shit come season 7 and it never really recovered. I guess I'm cautiously optimistic about this. If nothing else, I kinda feel I need to re-watch at least the mythology episodes now. And the Tooms episodes. And the CSM flashback episode. And Triangle.

Reactions: terrorbird_jones
Holy crap I still have to watch seasons 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. I think I can do that before January 2016.

Holy crap I still have to watch seasons 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. I think I can do that before January 2016.

You can do it!! I'm marathoning the whole series as we speak! I remember when I was little the intro would scare me half to death, would make me run out of the room quick... so glad I got over it when I got a bit older lol!

Reactions: Dafnie and Phoebe
I want so badly for this not to be shit. Seasons 1-6 are up there with my very favourite seasons of television ever. Things went to shit come season 7 and it never really recovered. I guess I'm cautiously optimistic about this. If nothing else, I kinda feel I need to re-watch at least the mythology episodes now. And the Tooms episodes. And the CSM flashback episode. And Triangle.
How could you say this :(

Yeah, I'm sporting a bit of a chubby over this. But a cautious chubby. Not sure if they can recapture the magic of the first run.

One way or another, this story should be completed. It felt so unfair to watch the last episode and not to see a conclusion :(

OMG I didn't know about it! And now I'm feeling like I live at some distant island or nothern pole :D

It has been a long time since I have watched the X-Files, but I was so confused in the first episode. I understand what was going on, but I have no idea why that was considered a coherent plot by the show runners. It just jumped all over the place trying to shove too much into the available time space. The second episode was much better written, so I am hopping the third keeps up the improving trend.

Duchovny and Anderson were perfect of course.

I don't remember very much of the plot, it was on when I was pretty young and my parents successfully used the creepiness of the theme song to get me to refuse to stay in the living room (aka go the fuck to sleep), but I enjoyed the new one a lot! I watched a few old standalone episodes, but I'm definitely hooked on going back and rewatching the old ones now! I missed the second episode though :/ I hope it's online somewhere.

IMO, the first 2 episodes have been better than 98% of the crap on basic cable but also made a point of not expecting too much. I also liked Fox's follow-up show Lucifer, Lauren German has been a fav of mine since first seeing her in 'Hostel.'

I actually kind of agree with bob84, although I don't remember which season things started to get hairy for me. I still watched it all the way through, bc it's awesome. ❤️❤️❤️ The new stuff started rocky too, but I felt like I was watching my old favorite show again by episode two. I'm pretty excited for episode three! I think it's written by Darren Morgan who wrote that old Jose Chung's from Outer Space episode.

Anyway... X-fiiiiiiiiles!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, was rapped when they announced this series and so far the first two haven't dissapointed. And I love me a good conspiracy too. ;)

While I love The X-Files, the first episode had me feeling weird. It felt really rushed, which is understandable because it's a 6 episode miniseries, but I just couldn't wrap my head around Mulder suddenly giving up the idea that aliens exist (which was pretty much his drive through the first 9 seasons). But after the second episode came out, I felt a bit better about the revival and felt a sense of nostalgia. It almost had a monster of the week feel but with the good ol' conspiracy that I love.

While I love The X-Files, the first episode had me feeling weird. It felt really rushed, which is understandable because it's a 6 episode miniseries, but I just couldn't wrap my head around Mulder suddenly giving up the idea that aliens exist (which was pretty much his drive through the first 9 seasons). But after the second episode came out, I felt a bit better about the revival and felt a sense of nostalgia. It almost had a monster of the week feel but with the good ol' conspiracy that I love.
But he didn't give up the idea that aliens exist at all. the idea is that everything he has been investigating from recent events has in fact been the government using alien technology that was assimilated from the Roswell crash from actual aliens.

Reactions: Shaun__
But he didn't give up the idea that aliens exist at all. the idea is that everything he has been investigating from recent events has in fact been the government using alien technology that was assimilated from the Roswell crash from actual aliens.

I could be remembering this incorrectly. I really need to rewatch the whole series, warts and all (last few seasons...cough cough). I was pretty sure Mulder realized that the x-files had been a distraction/mislead and that the alien conspiracy was covering up for government fuckery during the series. I was also a little confused by the first of these new episodes. I think a rewatch is most definitely in order.

I'm preparing myself for disappointment as I've watched the entire original series and movies. I do enjoy the whole thing though in an overall way. I want to believe this will finally answer all my questions about alien life and camgirls.

Reactions: MissRemilia
Ah! Then I misunderstood. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Im rewatching these now and it was that aliens even existed at all. He had been told aliens were all one giant red herring the government made up. That all the alien evidence he had seen or found was planted to detract him and people around the world from what they were really doing. That they had been using him as a patsy and playing him all along. He found out it wasnt true though and aliens did exist in the first movie when Scully was sick by the bee sting and he went to Antarctica to save her and saw the aliens and the giant spaceship. Sorry so long but just trying to jog memories. He did lose his faith though and was quiet a skeptic on the show for a bit there.

I could be remembering this incorrectly. I really need to rewatch the whole series, warts and all (last few seasons...cough cough). I was pretty sure Mulder realized that the x-files had been a distraction/mislead and that the alien conspiracy was covering up for government fuckery during the series. I was also a little confused by the first of these new episodes. I think a rewatch is most definitely in order.

Huge X-files fan here, yet by no means an expert. That said, I thought the movie(s) pretty much put to rest any doubts Mulder had about aliens. Then again, if Mulder isn't disillusioned by "something," the show probably wouldn't rock as much as it does.

My favorite episodes usually involved some degree of cryptozoology or mythology.

Actually, I think you guys are right. The show and eventual movie confirmed for Mulder that the aliens exist, and I think season 7th explains his sister was voluntarily sent back with the Roswell aliens. So, yeah... I guess I am not sure what they're doing with these six episodes. Lol. But this last one was awesome anyway. :)

Actually, I think you guys are right. The show and eventual movie confirmed for Mulder that the aliens exist, and I think season 7th explains his sister was voluntarily sent back with the Roswell aliens. So, yeah... I guess I am not sure what they're doing with these six episodes. Lol. But this last one was awesome anyway. :)

In season 7 what's explained is he found out his sister was in fact taken and experimented on for years. She escaped when she was 14 and when they found out where she was the Walk Ins spared her and took her before she could be taken back. The Walk Ins basically raptured children destined to live terrible fates.

• Helpful!
Ok, yeah. And that was the last time Mulder saw her. After that I believe he ran into a clone or two. And beeeeeeeees!
He did see several clones before in previous seasons of her. Not after. But oh gosh yes those damned bees. Freaky.

I just saw the latest episode, and almost died laughing at the broken phone joke and everything else. I love the monster of the week episodes so much.

yeahhhhhhhhh... that last episode left me feeling feels. I'm a big fan but it felt so rushed and sloppy. And the end! WTF was that?

Reactions: Influenced
Status
Not open for further replies.