AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Yet another model-client story, emotional for me

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shx

Apr 22, 2023
Hi. I'm new poster here, but I follow the forum as a reader for a while. I am very grateful for all the insights here, which have greatly increased my understanding and respect for the job of camgirls.

I have read most of the threads in https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/in-love-with-a-cam-girl-the-collection-of-threads.36372/, because I've found myself in similar situation - but mine is a little different, at least it seems to me. Maybe my story would be interesting to someone and I would like to get feedback from you on this topic. It's a longer reading..

About half a year ago, I met a model on MFC, who I liked at first look. She was new to the site and I was actually one of the first guys who communicated with her and tipped her. I became regular in her room, we used to chat a lot in PM and she got a lot of trust in me. At times she would cry when she wasn't feeling good and I would comforted her.

She was genuinely happy when I turned up in the room, and she often told me that when I was not around, being on that site was just sad and boring for her. She often mentioned how she was thinking about me a lot and she even said she loved me (in PM, multiple times). I don't think she did this for tokens - she even mentioned guys that spent much more tokens than me, with the point that she was thinking all day long about me, not them. I took it as a sign of friendship.

One day, not long ago, she shared with me that she was going to leave MFC completely. I supported her decision because I knew she had not been happy there. She joined non-adult content streaming site and invited me there in order not to lose contact between us. We talked about how things would change and we were both being afraid of the changes. We used to talk for hours when she was online on MFC. But after she left, our conversations became sparser and shallower.

It didn't work very well for her on the new site as she was not getting the viewers attention that was required by the contract. She needed to get certain amount of money from the audience to continue with the contract, but it didn't look like she would achieve that. She mentioned she would need to find an appartment with lower rent, so that she would not have to come back to MFC. She said everything would be alright, but it seemed more like she was comforting herself, more than it seemed that the things were really getting better.

I offered that I might pay/tip the remaining amount needed by her contract (several hundred $) by myself and I wanted to discuss with her how I could support her further - but she didn't answer that particular message and about that time she stopped responding to me at all and she also stopped streaming on that site. She is not online anymore in the chat that we used to use.

So now I lost the contact with her and it's heartbreaking for me. She surely have reasons why she is not communicating with me anymore. I can only guess them, but I respect her decision. But I'm really feeling bad, that she didn't say anything and just disappeared. I've been thinking about it a lot, and it seems like we may have become too attached and she may have cut me off when I tried to be even closer and more helpful. Secondly, I realized she might have interpreted my offer to support her as a "bussiness offer" which she probably wouldn't have liked, but that wasn't my intention. Or maybe I've been just a dreamy fool.

Now I'm thinking how to deal with all of this. It's emotional for me.
Probably the right thing is just forget and move on. But it's tearing me apart that it ended like this, especially when I know that she's going through not easy times - I really like her and I would be glad to support her. For now I'm waiting if she decides to contact me again.

Any thoughs on this? I was wondering if any of you have been through something similiar, either from model or member perspective?

Reactions: anabeauty37
but mine is a little different, at least it seems to me.
maybe not so much different... it has the backbones of the usual stuff.

She was genuinely happy when I turned up in the room, and she often told me that when I was not around, being on that site was just sad and boring for her. She often mentioned how she was thinking about me a lot and she even said she loved me (in PM, multiple times). I don't think she did this for tokens - she even mentioned guys that spent much more tokens than me, with the point that she was thinking all day long about me, not them. I took it as a sign of friendship.
She was happy to have someone easy to chat with to pass the time required by her studio while she was camming. It's a different kind of friendship, one that does not persist through certain extents.

She joined non-adult content streaming site and invited me there in order not to lose contact between us.
Because she wanted the support (both financial and chatty) on a new site and hoped you would continue to provide there.

It didn't work very well for her on the new site as she was not getting the viewers attention that was required by the contract. She needed to get certain amount of money from the audience to continue with the contract, but it didn't look like she would achieve that. She mentioned she would need to find an appartment with lower rent, so that she would not have to come back to MFC. She said everything would be alright, but it seemed more like she was comforting herself, more than it seemed that the things were really getting better.
She very likely hoped you would spend a lot on her on the new site to get her going... and to "save her" from having to go back to that terrible life of naked stuff on MFC.

I offered that I might pay/tip the remaining amount needed by her contract (several hundred $) by myself and I wanted to discuss with her how I could support her further - but she didn't answer that particular message and about that time she stopped responding to me at all and she also stopped streaming on that site.
see.

Probably the right thing is just forget and move on.
Yes.

But it's tearing me apart that it ended like this, especially when I know that she's going through not easy times
That isn't your fault, and it might all just be a show.

Any thoughs on this? I was wondering if any of you have been through something similiar, either from model or member perspective?
We've seen it thousands of times. It's just slightly different details each time.

She'll pop up on another site that her studio puts her on and run the same scenario to another person.

Move on.

Thank you for your time reading my text and for such a quick reply.
I agree that pretty much all the usuall signs are there - but at the same time, there are some important details that doesn't fit at all.

This is what I don't understand the most:
She very likely hoped you would spend a lot on her on the new site to get her going... and to "save her" from having to go back to that terrible life of naked stuff on MFC.
Let's just say she really hoped for this. And I was actually kinda expecting this script and I was happy to go along. If she just answered my messages, she could get "saved by me" immediately, I actually offered it.

So why on Earth would would she terminate all of this just in the very moment when she could capitalize the most?
That doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Reactions: Taxistheft
I would like to add one more thing:
She was happy to have someone easy to chat with to pass the time required by her studio while she was camming. It's a different kind of friendship, one that does not persist through certain extents.
I understand that it was mostly this kind of relationship for both of us. I was okay to pay for the time she spent with me - in the end of the day, that's why we (both models and clients) are on the sites like this. I got the attention and she got the money. I have never called it a love from my side, but she have used those words to me. It might have been just her game, but I was willing to play it at that time.

I was surprised by the sudden end.
- If she wanted to take advantage of me, why did she disappear exactly at the moment she could have gotten what she wanted (and I wanted to deliver, at that time).
- If she was genuine, why she would not continue or at least say something.
- It may have been just a business friendship but it was long and deep enough to end like this, without even saying goodbye.

All of these scenarios worry me, just in different ways.

Yes.
But I need to process this within myself. I would like to come to some understanding. That's two reasons why I am posting this.
Either way it happend, this experience still touches me.

I always feel like its emotional manipulation when cammodels share details of their struggles (financial, health, personal, w/e) with their regs. Lots of studios encourage their models to do so because it gets regs to spend more and become more attached.

She obviously doesnt want to do sexwork and she might felt that your support has sexual strings attached. Her studio may of also dropped her at the same time because she isnt pulling the numbers and doesnt want to work on adult sites. You lost contact because her studio probably owns all the accounts you communicate on and she no longer has access to.

Thanks AudriTwo for your input.

I always feel like its emotional manipulation when cammodels share details of their struggles (financial, health, personal, w/e) with their regs. Lots of studios encourage their models to do so because it gets regs to spend more and become more attached.
Generally I don't take this as an emotional manipulation, as long as they are sharing their real struggles and we are close enough.
It's also worth mentioning that I usually tend to visit rooms of models that use to have just few viewers and where all or most of the communications is in PMs rather then in public chat or speaking. So I anticipate and enjoy having more personal communication with such models.
But the line is very thin and indeed, one may become too attached. I usually don't, with this significant exception.

She obviously doesnt want to do sexwork and she might felt that your support has sexual strings attached.
Yeah, that was my concern too, when I was reflecting on it. (This could have been easily cleared up if communication had continued.)

Her studio may of also dropped her at the same time because she isnt pulling the numbers and doesnt want to work on adult sites. You lost contact because her studio probably owns all the accounts you communicate on and she no longer has access to.
I'm fairly certain she didn't work with the studio.
What I know for sure is she streamed from her own home.
She might have been under contract, but based on several indicies, I don't think this was the case.

We used to talk for hours when she was online on MFC. But after she left, our conversations became sparser and shallower.
I'm sorry you are going through this. Sadly, the quoted line above probably contains the answer as to how genuine her love was. Sorry man.

• Helpful!
Reactions: shx and MarieElise
I'm sorry you are going through this. Sadly, the quoted line above probably contains the answer as to how genuine her love was. Sorry man.
You're right. And honestly, I was expecting that I would not get as much of focused attention anymore when the setting changed. But even so, that's still only half the answer for me.

I agree that pretty much all the usuall signs are there - but at the same time, there are some important details that doesn't fit at all.

Let's just say she really hoped for this. And I was actually kinda expecting this script and I was happy to go along. If she just answered my messages, she could get "saved by me" immediately, I actually offered it.

So why on Earth would would she terminate all of this just in the very moment when she could capitalize the most?
Like I said, she wanted you just to heavily support her on the new site she was on. Probably had to bail on the conversation as soon as you mentioned "getting her out of a contract" and offering outside payment because her Studio likely would see the messages and she'd be in trouble. (reading further I see you don't think she was with a Studio, but it is highly likely.)

Last edited:
Reactions: shx and MarieElise
Like I said, she wanted you just to heavily support her on the new site she was on. Probably had to bail on the conversation as soon as you mentioned "getting her out of a contract" and offering outside payment because her Studio likely would see the messages and she'd be in trouble.
Actually, I suggested the opposite - not to get her out of contract, but to tip her so that she would get her minimum amount needed to continue just from my tip. And she obviously selected not to continue streaming there, as there were not any more streams after that. And it was in the middle of the month, she had to complete her minimums by the end of the month.
So this scenario still does not make sense to me.

she had to complete her minimums by the end of the month.
Another clue that she was contracted to a studio, by the way.

Sorry if I misconstrued the details of your original post concerning the amount to complete her contract.

And it was in the middle of the month, she had to complete her minimums by the end of the month.
From the models I know, the concept of "minimums", whether that be hours or income are entirely studio concepts. Often the amount earned triggers a sliding scale of what percentage they get from the studio.

Another clue that she was contracted to a studio, by the way.

Sorry if I misconstrued the details of your original post concerning the amount to complete her contract.
That's ok, it's a little bit convoluted :). I very much appreciate you're trying find an explanation.

I'm still more or less sure she wasn't contracted by studio while working on MFC.

On the second site, LiveMe, I know she had a contract with agency, she had to fullfil minimum hours and diamonds per month to get paid (or get expelled if not fullfiled). But I dont't think there were more strings attached, like controling her chat and socials, as far as I know.

Unless things have changed ImLive is one of the more controlling, ahem, I mean "directive" sites. I highly doubt they don't oversee everything and frown on the exchange of socials etc. They've always been known for being super "directive" w models.

ETA; They're the same as Jasmine's Alive or whatever the fuck, right?

Reactions: inertvolcano
Unless things have changed ImLive is one of the more controlling, ahem, I mean "directive" sites. I highly doubt they don't oversee everything and frown on the exchange of socials etc. They've always been known for being super "directive" w models.

ETA; They're the same as Jasmine's Alive or whatever the fuck, right?
I'm not sure we mean the same site (or app, how they call it). https://www.liveme.com/ is what I mean.
Here https://www.livemeagency.com.ua/?page_id=2254&lang=en I found quite a lot of information about the agency workings, they seem to be pretty open about that. Just the conversion rates are horrible, but that's another story.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Reactions: shx
I'm fairly certain she didn't work with the studio.
What I know for sure is she streamed from her own home.
She might have been under contract, but based on several indicies, I don't think this was the case.
If she was under contract then she was apart of a studio. No reputable cam site has quotas for independent models or earning requirements. If a camsite does have a contract, it's required streaming hours. Plus she can still work at home and be in a studio. There are plenty of virtual studios.

Even though MFC has no studio rules, there are still studio models working there.

I'm not part of a studio and I still set minimums I have to hit, that's solid financial management in an unstable industry.

Reactions: AudriTwo
@shx Reading your post again, and seeing your comments about how the chat you used to use is no longer active (I'm assuming a channel like Instagram or Snap or such like), it's hard not to come to the conclusion that she's moved on from camming and no longer has the time or the incentive to continue chatting with a camsite client so that channel has just been abandoned. I've known models who communicated using Instagram etc and when they left camming, those accounts just went dead. It happens all the time I guess. It's understandable that you are so cut up about it but it's an inevitable part of this life.

• Helpful!
If she was under contract then she was apart of a studio. No reputable cam site has quotas for independent models or earning requirements. If a camsite does have a contract, it's required streaming hours. Plus she can still work at home and be in a studio. There are plenty of virtual studios.

Even though MFC has no studio rules, there are still studio models working there.
Yeah I understand the concept of virtual studios. I just don't think it was the case here.

She was very inconsistent with her streaming, never really had anything like schedule. Once she suddenly deleted all MFC Share stuff, because she didn't want to continue, then came back a few weeks later but never restored the content. I don't think studio would be happy with this. We also talked about earnings several times and it all fitted to standard MFC rate without any deduction.

It just does not fit to her being contracted by studio.

THIS:
@shx Reading your post again, and seeing your comments about how the chat you used to use is no longer active (I'm assuming a channel like Instagram or Snap or such like), it's hard not to come to the conclusion that she's moved on from camming and no longer has the time or the incentive to continue chatting with a camsite client so that channel has just been abandoned. I've known models who communicated using Instagram etc and when they left camming, those accounts just went dead. It happens all the time I guess. It's understandable that you are so cut up about it but it's an inevitable part of this life.
I came to the same conclusion.
The simplest explanations tend to be the right ones.

Just speculating but first 3 options that come to my mind:
1) She probably realized that getting help for only one month to reach goal is not important as the general trend on this site is that it’s not very profitable or takes long time to build an audience. 2) Since she mentioned before that she has higher paying regulars she might have received offer from one of them where she’d so special customs or video calls just for them for monthly money transfers (not that uncommon, I’ve been in such arrangement at some point of my life with very high paying regular)
3) she found a boyfriend/got married and she saw it coming hence she wanted to move on from all the nude camming, now her husband/bf supports her financially and requested to stop communication with former customers.

She may loved me or not, but that was really not the question I've been looking for an answer to.
I was hurt by the unexpected ending of our relationship, whatever it was.

What @misterical said seems the most plausible for me.
She definitely wanted to move on from nude camming, I have no doubt about this, and when neither the non-nude LiveMe streaming worked for her, she most probably just decided to make a change of direction in her life and burn bridges. I cannot blame her for that, but it was an emotional rollercoaster for me.

Thanks everyone for their input.

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
Good luck @shx

And once again I realise after the fact that I have replied in an "Ask the model" thread. I often jump into threads from the right hand "latest posts" panel and miss the context of what forum it's been posted in.

Thanks @misterical. Your response was very helpful to me. And I guess I misplaced the thread to "Ask the model", I probably should have selected different place for my post.

Thanks @misterical. Your response was very helpful to me. And I guess I misplaced the thread to "Ask the model", I probably should have selected different place for my post.
I don't think I necessarily said anything that other people didn't already say but you are welcome. I think the best thing is not to take it personally.

I don't think I necessarily said anything that other people didn't already say but you are welcome.
You did. This one (below) was an eye-opener for me.
What you wrote sounds very obvious for me now, but somehow I didn't see it before.
Others may have written similar things, but this one made it click for me.

I think the best thing is not to take it personally.
Yes, this is another important take-away.

sounds like she found out this wasn't for her and decided to move on and start with a clean slate. She may have had feelings there, I'm not sure, but you should just wish her well (in your mind) that she finds whatever it is that she's looking for and move on yourself. Don't take it personally, she more than likely did it for herself and not to spite you.

• Helpful!
Status
Not open for further replies.