AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Your crew (do you delegate responsibilities to regulars?)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2013
Is it very common for models to have other people responsible for certain aspects of their shows? Like counting tips, cheerleading, music, countdown timers, things like that? Or profile maintenance, I know there are services out there that provide design work, but does that also include keeping your profile up to date with raffle results etc? Or do most of you do it all yourself? If you let some of your regulars handle that kind of thing, about how long do you know a regular before you trust them with that? A stagehand, I guess would be the word I'm getting at.

Re: Your crew (do you delegate responsibilities to regulars?

One member helped me put together my profile. I have another member who helps me with my Twitter, (posting when I'll be on and such) but that's it.

I think most people just keep track of countdown to make it easier for the model, I don't think any particular member is given the role of doing it.

Like if i am in a models room and no one is keeping track, then i usually ask the model if they would like me to keep count for them.
Just so they aren't having to go to their laptop each time, or calculate lots of tips at once.

I highly doubt a model lets a member manage their profile.
I know that some models know web designers, who make their profiles look different to anyone else's,
and i guess they must send the code that the model copies into their profile page, rather than letting someone else know their mfc login details.

I appreciate if someone helps keep track of the math (being asked) but anything more than that would feel pretty overbearing. I dont need help with 1-10 token tips every two seconds :roll:
If members start trying to answer questions for me and scolding people I find it EXTREMELY over-stepping-of-bounds.
Ive had members help me out with code orhosting but I would NEVER give anyone else access to my login/profile editor/etc.

tl;dr Hell no.

haha yeah i agree Jessi about the 10 token tip thing.

There is script u can get for firefox and chrome that can keep count of the countdown and some people set it to auto post the countdown everytime someone tips, so annoying.

I agree with Jessi. Sometimes after a string of tips I may ask, "What are we at now?" but the guys who tell me the new total after EVERY DING DANG TIP are going a little overboard. I honestly feel like a lot of them do it (the over-helpful ones, not the regular helpful ones!) because they feel like it makes up for their lacks of tips (it doesn't.) I know you think it's helpful to keep count so she doesn't have to go to her laptop each time but she'll have to type to update her countdown anyway.

I actually really really hate it when members "help" without asking because half the time I have to correct them anyway.

If you would like to be a model's stagehand, just ask! I do have people who offer me help and I do appreciate that, even if I don't always accept. I have had people help with coding, graphics, and other stuff.

Personally I don't think I would ever let a member do things like update my profile or my Twitter, but some models might.

this is kind of funny seeing this thread because i was on mfc a few nights ago and recognised Jessi's name from here so thought i would go into her chatroom.

i think i did keep count for a little bit and asked if she wanted me to, but when someone started tipping for stuff that didnt go towards countdown and i was posting the count thinking it did, i decided it was best to leave it to Jessi lol
although she did explain what did and what didnt count which was nice of her to say.

I've never had or needed that, although sometimes if a bunch of random-sized tips come in at once (like not even numbers, lol), I appreciate the room telling me what the count is at because I suck at math, lol. :lol: But I wouldn't want someone just jumping in and doing it, because sometimes they don't know what should or shouldn't come off the countdown.

If my room was busier, I have at times considered having a friend (a real life friend who knows I cam) in my room on a premium account to do stuff like that, rather than asking a member, but I have yet to feel like I really need that.

Honestly, I'm a control freak so nobody's allowed to help run my room when I cam (when I was on mfc previously and when I'm on streamate now.) Actually come to think of it, I don't let anyone help with my camming stuff at all, except maybe letting BJ post the errant picture here and there.

I'll sometimes ask what the count is after a load of tips, but I don't want just anyone to answer, I want to hear it from my trusted regulars or the people who actually tipped. When random guys start doing the countdown it annoys me as I don't trust them as they're a total stranger, I don't know their maths skills and they could easily lie to try and trick me into making the countdown lower so if they do it, it just blocks up my chat and I still have to do the maths! If regulars help out every now and then it's ok, but it's never ok for a non tipper to do it because I'm hardly going to trust them am I?

One of my regulars has made posters for my profile which is really useful as my mac doesn't have any programmes to make them with. We work out the kind of thing I want and he comes up with a few things and we go through the process of what changes I might want to be made. Nothing high tech but he does a really good job. He's overall my highest tipper though and he's a good friend, it's not really like a member/model thing, he's a friend doing me an amazing favour by helping me out with my profile.

I'll also ask people to put up the 5 min/10 min timers as I am a bit of a fail and have never bothered to learn the codes for them. It's pure laziness on my part largely because I don't tend to have to remember them myself as someone will usually post them up.

As for delegating responsibilities? No, no members have any responsibilities in my room. My room is my room. Members can choose to help at my request, but if they choose to help then it's a one time thing, it doesn't make them a special snowflake or mean they're in charge of that. Sort of like you might ask someone for the time once, it doesn't mean that person is suddenly in charge of telling you the time and that you need to hear it every few minutes.
Personally I avoid members who want this important status, it just seems to lead to trouble and can make the room a bit domineering.

It really reminds me of when I used to walk my dog, he loved the walk, but what he really loved was carrying a stick. You could tell that when he carried that stick proudly he felt he was doing something constructive. He was the stick holder. He would happily and carefully carry it around and had a sense of self importance. He clearly enjoyed the feeling of being useful. Now in truth I couldn't give a rats arse about the stick, he wasn't being useful in the slightest, but bless him, feeling useful made him happy.

Members who want to be in charge of things like this remind me of a stick holding dog. What they're doing often holds next to no value to the model and can even be deconstructive and even damaging to her room, sometimes it can be useful, but more often than not it's just annoying. But the members who do it are just desperate to walk around proudly holding that stick feeling important and useful to the model.
It is not a service to the model to make up for lack of tipping, the model is actually providing the member with a service that should be paid for in itself. People like to feel useful and they like to feel wanted. I imagine that more of the members who are into this sort of thing are the guys who feel under appreciated in their real lives, maybe don't have enormous amounts of drive or responsibilities, so when they go into model land they're not happy just chilling out and relaxing, they want to do something and be active, they want to get a gold star on their homework and a big pat on the back telling them they've been a good boy. They want the appreciation and feeling of being needed. That is an incredibly valuable thing and shouldn't be underestimated.

Reasons I tend to think it's a waste of time for me is because dudes who want to do this sort of thing often don't like the idea of paying, they want the model to appreciate them for more than money, another reason is if you feel under appreciated and maybe don't have much by way of responsibilities in real life, chances are you're not earning/working very much. Most guys who have more disposable income to spend is because they work hard jobs and they come to mfc to chill and relax, not to have more responsibilities thrust on them.

I'm curious what brought the OP to ask this question?

SockDrawerSecrets said:
Is it very common for models to have other people responsible for certain aspects of their shows? Like counting tips, cheerleading, music, countdown timers, things like that? Or profile maintenance, I know there are services out there that provide design work, but does that also include keeping your profile up to date with raffle results etc? Or do most of you do it all yourself? If you let some of your regulars handle that kind of thing, about how long do you know a regular before you trust them with that? A stagehand, I guess would be the word I'm getting at.

I think that what you're describing sounds more like when people have a paid assistant who helps them out with stuff like this. I can imagine that SOME of this (not anything that would require logging in, like profile editing I don't think) could sometimes be done by someone who has a paid arrangement as a submissive for the model and is not only very trusted, but gains sexual gratification by being allowed to help his/her mistress in such a way. Otherwise, I imagine that if you find someone helping to the degree that you're talking about, it could be that model's significant other. I know that I've had Mr. Pond help me from his Premium account a few times for more complicated shows.

As far as just members in my room, I would never assign tasks to anyone. It just seems kind of unprofessional to me and I like handling my own stuff. Usually when people try to start keeping track of the math for my countdowns, I get pretty annoyed. I don't mind if I've calculated wrong and they tell me, but when people start doing it unsolicited it really irks me. I've found SO many times that when people do it, their math is wrong, so I can't ever really trust the number when someone does it and then I have to re-do it anyway. It's really cool when I obviously need a hand with something and someone helps out though! I'm totally appreciative of people being cool and helpful in general, but most things I prefer to do myself. :)

I've had people do these kinds of tasks for me.

One was my submissive, and best friend as well as a member.

One was my paid assistant.

Now - i do have a few 'counters' that help out.
I also have people that help with code for profile etc... but they stage it on their premium accts then send me the code.

If you have a skill that could be useful its OK to let a model know "hey if you ever need help with 'x' let me know"

Then if she doesnt take you up on it, be ok with that.
If she does take you up on it, do it and do it right.

Its not ok to randomly do things for her without asking or being asked.

The people who I would trust with figuring out the count for me (ie regulars) are generally the same people who wouldn't want to do it. They come to my camroom to relax, not to work for me. When some random does it for me I always double check anyway. The only thing I particularly like is when someone tips me a bunch of 5s or something, and says to me, "That's 50 tokens" or whatever. And even then, only the person who tipped it.

One regular of mine made a very nice code for me, but I traded content for it, so it's not really the same thing. I essentially paid for it.

I tend to dislike anyone doing any of the stuff you talked about, though. Cheerleading in particular is the worst. You telling people to tip isn't going to convince anyone, and may just annoy them. The only thing you can do that might make people want to tip, is seeing you tip.

Isabella_deL said:
I'm curious what brought the OP to ask this question?
I was watching a models show, and during the action there was a regular calling out roulette results as if they were related. I thought 'wow what a neat gimmick' and started wondering what other functions a 'helper' might do. Another model mentioned she had certain regulars DJ for them, but I haven't heard anyone talk about bouncers yet. I got myself all worked up with ideas for a stagehand app, so here I am trying to do actual research before I pester people with questions/ideas :dance:

I also ask because I'm interested in camming culture in general, like I see similarities to busking/street performance, in the 'entertaining a crowd' aspect, and they sometimes have barkers or people performing functions for them.
I appreciate all of the thoughtful responses by the way. I wouldn't have guessed it'd lean so much towards independence!

I have a LONG time regular that I trust and consider a good friend. He helps make graphics and has recently started making gifs and other video related items.

For me, nothing, nadda, never NO WAY!
I want my regulars to just enjoy the show, not work.
This is MY job not theirs, and I'm fully equipped to manage my job.

JoleneBrody said:
For me, nothing, nadda, never NO WAY!
I want my regulars to just enjoy the show, not work.
This is MY job not theirs, and I'm fully equipped to manage my job.

This, yo.

I guess if a member has a particular skill set that could be of use to a model and he wants to help and she's happy to compensate him for his time and effort, then there's no harm in it, but generally speaking, members log on to MFC to chillax (is it still hip and stuff to drop a causal "chillax" into conversation?), and not to work.

For me, MFC is a reprieve from work, the last thing I'd wanna do is use it as a hunting ground for more work. That would be like eating a meal in a restaurant and then trying to help the waitress collect other people's drinks and whatnot. It's a nice gesture, I guess, but the waitress is perfectly capable of doing her job (and if she's not, she probably needs to find a new one); she's being paid/tipped to do said job; and I'm there to enjoy the service, not to try and do somebody else's job for them. No matter how pretty they may be :twocents-02cents:

I will just say- in response to the 'mfc should be a place for members to relax" i do know several types of people for whom this is relaxing/fun because it makes them feel included and helfpul! Especially but not limited too the submissive men, who really really ENJOY having a job to do. My sub would usually leave if he didn't have some task to work on for me, even if it was something very simple.

SockDrawerSecrets said:
I wouldn't have guessed it'd lean so much towards independence!

I would like to note that I think these forums have a higher percentage of independent women than the overall camming community. The people here specifically searched out a source of information that they could use toward their business. When I watch girls on MFC, I do see quite a few who allow/encourage their members to perform tasks for them, so it's not a pointless venture. Nothing wrong with either method, I'm just saying take this with a grain of salt! :)

I actually had to bawl out a regular last night for the fact that hes been acting like room guard dog and sent a guy away who was asking about video deals and had tokens to buy them last night. He was incredibly rude to this poor guy who of course, took umbrage and disappeared. I get very twitchy when people in my room take it upon themselves to try and manage my room for me in away way without me asking them first but it's amazing how many guys just assume that if they are a regular you will of course want them to act like you can't run your own shit...

My resolution is to not let this get to me too much and to PM throttle all offenders rather than ripping them a new arsehole in the main chat :lol:

I like when members help after I've known them for at least a month. It makes it feel more like "our" room and not just "my" room. Ultimately it IS my room, but I don't want it to feel that way.

Reactions: DudeExtreme

Yep, kinda. I have help from a few members who take it upon themselves to be helpful.

PepperoniPiz posts links to my website and reminds people of deals. SUCH A HUGE HELP because I always forget to do this. When he posts the link to my site, often people sign up!

He also helps with countdowns, because I am terrible at math in my head.

Reactions: DudeExtreme

I have three model friends who literally call me their accountant because they ask me to help them with their token counts. I certainly do not mind helping them out.

I do help one only model, at MFC. And this is with any sort of thing: Graphics, some research, tech savy stuff, etc. But I am not a submissive, neither that kind of person needing recognition or to feel useful for the model (nor for anyone), or "important".( indeed, I'm quite self confident ) But I liked quite the dog metaphor. :lol: It is just a very rare case of long term, deep friendship (of course not just through cams), as impossible or crazy as it might sound. Anyway, I only help people in (in general) very rare cases(apart from the charities). As a freelancer, I should be charging help for my services. I don't do it in this case as I neither do it with "non-virtual" friends. But anyway, I don't help friends usually if I think they can manage, even minimally. (and when they can't, I do prefer to teach them how to do the stuff, unless is like drawing, which requires decades to do it right..)

For any person, learning to do your own stuff is better, except when the learning curve is so hard that wouldn't worth it as is not the main focus/activity. And then is best to pay a professional, just hunt for a good rate/quality ratio freelancer and that's it. There are millions of us out there ;). Even so, I doubt there's a lot of stuff needing that in cams world... Maybe the sites, but seems not much more... (and no biggie, as luckily, there's quite work for serious graphic or web freelancers)

Anyway, I had also thought of that seen in the rooms guys like being the regulars caring for the count, or like taking care of other actual model's duties. Sends a bit of a confusing message... (IMHO). Not a big deal, anyway..

Jessi said:
If members start trying to answer questions for me and scolding people I find it EXTREMELY over-stepping-of-bounds.

I can say that this is one of the most annoying things I see. I'm talking to a model or asking her questions (not already answered on her profile) and a member tries to answer for her. News flash, I'm not here for you random perv. :lol: I rank these people up there with the guy that keeps telling the room to "Tip this beautiful woman" or posting emotes about how Tips are the best compliment, when they have not tipped at all.

I prefer a room where the model is in control and lets the people watching her know that she can handle her own business.

Isabella_deL said:
it doesn't make them a special snowflake
BUT I WANT TO BE UR SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE BB

NataliaGrey said:
Cheerleading in particular is the worst. You telling people to tip isn't going to convince anyone, and may just annoy them.
^^ THIS

I have a good friendship with two models, and I help them in the same way I would help any of my friends who ask for my help: I do my best effort, and I try to be discreet. In fact, I never present myself in their rooms as the special-guy-who-really-knows-her-and-seems-like-her-best-friend. That attitude is fucking annoying for the other members.

:twocents-02cents:

ILikeUonTop said:
I can say that this is one of the most annoying things I see. I'm talking to a model or asking her questions (not already answered on her profile) and a member tries to answer for her. News flash, I'm not here for you random perv. :lol: I rank these people up there with the guy that keeps telling the room to "Tip this beautiful woman" or posting emotes about how Tips are the best compliment, when they have not tipped at all.

I prefer a room where the model is in control and lets the people watching her know that she can handle her own business.

Really? You are in busy room with 1,000 folks, the model is dancing, spanking, masturbating. You ask your question. "Do you have anal video, or smoking video, how do I get on your friends list"
You get no response a minute or two later you repeat the question. You'd rather those of us who are her regulars, and know the answer to your question remain silent. Why?

HiGirlsRHot said:
ILikeUonTop said:

Really? You are in busy room with 1,000 folks, the model is dancing, spanking, masturbating. You ask your question. "Do you have anal video, or smoking video, how do I get on your friends list"
You get no response a minute or two later you repeat the question. You'd rather those of us who are her regulars, and know the answer to your question remain silent. Why?

I was actually going to say something along these lines. I really like when people answer questions like this for me when I'm obviously busy. I hate when people ASK questions like this while I'm busy, because if I answer then it breaks up the flow/vibe, and if I don't, I'm a bitch. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If a member answers for me (I'll obviously answer if I CAN) then problem solved.

NataliaGrey said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
ILikeUonTop said:

I was actually going to say something along these lines. I really like when people answer questions like this for me when I'm obviously busy. I hate when people ASK questions like this while I'm busy, because if I answer then it breaks up the flow/vibe, and if I don't, I'm a bitch. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If a member answers for me (I'll obviously answer if I CAN) then problem solved.

I also said I don't ask questions answered by a profile such as "Do you have anal video, or smoking video, how do I get on your friends list". I don't ask questions if the model is dancing, spanking or masturbating. Only if she is actually sitting and talking to the room. And I'm not the guy that repeats a question every 2 seconds. So, all of your points, HiGirlsRHot, have nothing to do with me. :lol: I am only talking about when the model is chatting the room up and I am trying to talk to her and someone else tries to chime in to me.

Reactions: JaneJupiter

ILikeUonTop said:
I also said I don't ask questions answered by a profile such as "Do you have anal video, or smoking video, how do I get on your friends list". I don't ask questions if the model is dancing, spanking or masturbating. Only if she is actually sitting and talking to the room. And I'm not the guy that repeats a question every 2 seconds. So, all of your points, HiGirlsRHot, have nothing to do with me. :lol: I am only talking about when the model is chatting the room up and I am trying to talk to her and someone else tries to chime in to me.

I picked those particular examples because I think of several models where you wouldn't be able to find the information to those specific question on their profile. Not mention plenty of folks don't read profiles anyhow. The scenario you describe seems fairly rare to me but if bothers you ok.

Personally, I can only think of one time where member gave me an answer that I really wanted from the model. On other hand I've lost track of the number of times when model missed my question and it was answered by member, and I appreciate the help. Likewise if somebody asks a question twice that models misses I will try to PM the member the answer if it is involved or public chat if it is simple. Most of time people thank me and vice versa. I didn't want to leave the impression that all members get annoyed when other members answer their questions some of us appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.