AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New MFC Profiles - BETA available now

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
MFC has asked that I post about this so they can get members and models feedback before this goes live! And I am ever so happy to do so. :)

MFC has been working on a new profile system which is now available for beta testing. There's a new and intuitive process for uploading and managing photos and a fancy customization page that seems much easier to use than before.

Right now you can go test it out and send them your feedback via a link at the top of your menu. (And feel free to exchange commentary about it here as well, but make sure if you actually have feedback you send it to them, not just post it in this thread!)

zLPeCU1.jpg

Here's the link to go test it out and send them your thoughts.

http://profiles-beta.myfreecams.com/

Keep in mind that this is just "sandbox" mode and no changes or image uploads will be reflected on your actual (live) profile page.

Yeah, love the image viewer and the uploading. The old one was pretty meh, and it bugged out a lot.

When I clicked the link, like the one in Amber's image, I kept getting redirected to the page where you edit your CSS, though.

Anyway. Sent them feedbag.

Sevrin said:
Yeah, love the image viewer and the uploading. The old one was pretty meh, and it bugged out a lot.

When I clicked the link, like the one in Amber's image, I kept getting redirected to the page where you edit your CSS, though.

What link are you talking about? Going to go see if it happens to me too, but I don't know which link you're referring to.
Tea420 said:
Ugh. So far I don't like it much at all.
What don't you like? The fact that you will have to edit your profile to make it work with the new system, or something about the actual interface?

Now is a good time to share more detailed info about your dislike of it in case they can make some changes.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I love it! For someone that uploads a lot of pictures on their profile this is brilliant.

The old system of uploading images on the site was very time consuming, seeing that you could upload only one picture at a time. With this beta profile manager you can just upload pictures in bulk with one click and not only that, you can actually arrange them in which order you want (the old way kept messing with the order in which you uploaded them).

I can't wait for the upgrade. Amber when do you think they'll implement it?

Seriously I am WAY excited about the new image/gallery management stuff! :dance: :dance:

I'm a little scared of peeking in at the CSS/profile editing section, but it shouldn't be too crazy, right? If it's different, we'll learn it!

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
AmberCutie said:
Sevrin said:

What link are you talking about? Going to go see if it happens to me too, but I don't know which link you're referring to.

Yeah, sorry, noticed that after the edit period. I meant the link to my profile next to the warning sign.

It is not working properly for me. I have no idea why. It's like...half working...like I took a look at it...and I felt like parts were missing...but I thought oh BETA..maybe it's not done or something, I don't know.

But, GF checked it out--and everything is working find for her....looks interesting.

I am up for the change. No matter what we will make it work.

Can't pin point anything I have a problem with, because I was unable to play around with my own profile...BUT

Bulk upload..as the other girls said-----AMAZING

Thank you Amber for sharing--When I see things like that (which do happen often enough) I really think about the disadvantage girls who are not apart of this forum have.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Sevrin
I couldn't actually see if you can upload pictures in bulk, but it implies you can which would be the best change ever! I've hoped they'd do this for ages! I'd actually given up full stop doing picture albums because of the time it took! I even have an album that I haven't put all the pictures onto because I was fed up with spending hours upon hours at the computer uploading bloody pictures! Half of the time for some reason the picture would refuse to upload with how it was before.

Isabella_deL said:
I couldn't actually see if you can upload pictures in bulk, but it implies you can which would be the best change ever! I've hoped they'd do this for ages! I'd actually given up full stop doing picture albums because of the time it took! I even have an album that I haven't put all the pictures onto because I was fed up with spending hours upon hours at the computer uploading bloody pictures! Half of the time for some reason the picture would refuse to upload with how it was before.

You can drag and drop images from a folder on your computer on to the upload page, and then click the button to upload them, and then for each photo you get a caption box, and there's a clicky for assigning the images to the albums you have set up.

AmberCutie said:
Sevrin said:

Tea420 said:
Ugh. So far I don't like it much at all.
What don't you like? The fact that you will have to edit your profile to make it work with the new system, or something about the actual interface?

Now is a good time to share more detailed info about your dislike of it in case they can make some changes.

I am just going to have to get used to it. A lot of elements on my profile no longer work, or look really strange, and I'm not sure why, when all it is made up of is simple html and css. I will have to fiddle around with it and report the things I'm having major issues with.

Of course I am happy we can now upload more than one image at a time, but I feel like that's something silly to be excited over. We should've had that ability a LONG time ago! I'm glad MFC is finally making some improvements to their outdated site, but in my opinion, I think there are more important things they could be doing for us.

Reactions: JordanBlack
CAN I GET A HELL YEA

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

fuuuuuuuukin' FINALLY

Alsooooooo DAMMIT

Takuy, how'd you get it to say "name of god" instead of "username."

so good.

Reactions: takuy
This seems to be primarily cosmetic. You are still restricted to MFC's vision of how a profile should look. In many cases this is fine, not everyone wants to customize.

I think what would be much better is if they modified the profile system such that it offered models and members a component system where you could pick and choose the pieces of information or sections that you want. For example, there are certain pieces of information from MFC that you want to display, like online status, or camscore. There are also subsections of the interface that you may or may not want to display like schedule, galleries, and message board. Advanced users should be able to select the pieces they want and designate where/how they want them to appear.

Additionally it might be nice if there was some sort of templating system.

Reactions: Always_Tim
missmeowmixx said:
Alsooooooo DAMMIT

so good.
They added IDs to each of the label elements which allows you to style them directly. He's using a CSS rule to change the content.
Code:
#username_label:before {
  position:absolute;
  content:'name of God:';
  background-color:#FFF;
}

Tea420 said:
I am just going to have to get used to it. A lot of elements on my profile no longer work, or look really strange, and I'm not sure why, when all it is made up of is simple html and css. I will have to fiddle around with it and report the things I'm having major issues with.

Of course I am happy we can now upload more than one image at a time, but I feel like that's something silly to be excited over. We should've had that ability a LONG time ago! I'm glad MFC is finally making some improvements to their outdated site, but in my opinion, I think there are more important things they could be doing for us.

I had a look at my profile page when viewed in beta mode and all the changes I have made using CSS are gone - the body is not centered, the font colors have been changed and the borders I have added to my picture gallery have been removed. All the codes I have changed are still there though, so I have no clue why they wouldn't work.

I guess I spoke too soon...I was too excited about the new gallery features. I'm sending them a feedback on it and hopefully they'll solve it. :pray:

Kradek said:
missmeowmixx said:
Alsooooooo DAMMIT

so good.
They added IDs to each of the label elements which allows you to style them directly. He's using a CSS rule to change the content.
Code:
#username_label:before {
  position:absolute;
  content:'name of God:';
  background-color:#FFF;
}

Yup, pretty much. However...I'm not "changing" the content, I'm writing over it. That's why the background-color is set to white - to hide the actual text there. It's a neat trick, and it's much easier to use in the new profiles. I've used it before on the old profiles, for a model who wanted to write something silly over her camscore.
JordanBlack said:
Tea420 said:

I had a look at my profile page when viewed in beta mode and all the changes I have made using CSS are gone - the body is not centered, the font colors have been changed and the borders I have added to my picture gallery have been removed. All the codes I have changed are still there though, so I have no clue why they wouldn't work. Back then, it required exact coordinates which was annoying, as it was different per-profile.

I guess I spoke too soon...I was too excited about the new gallery features. I'm sending them a feedback on it and hopefully they'll solve it. :pray:

This is because they've completely re-written their CSS, all of the class names are changed. You'll have to adapt your existing CSS to fit their new ID and and class setup. This is actually a lot better, because you can now customize like, literally, everything on your profile. It's really for the better.

SexyStephXS said:
I don't know if I'm going to like it. From the looks of it I won't be able to do any image-maps anymore, which kind of worries me...

Seems like they're selectively allowing HTML tags, mostly basic stuff it seems. I'm sure if you submitted some feedback, they'd be willing to expand the set of allowed tags.

They actually did change something after I submitted my feedback, so.

takuy said:
SexyStephXS said:
I don't know if I'm going to like it. From the looks of it I won't be able to do any image-maps anymore, which kind of worries me...

Seems like they're selectively allowing HTML tags, mostly basic stuff it seems. I'm sure if you submitted some feedback, they'd be willing to expand the set of allowed tags.

They actually did change something after I submitted my feedback, so.

I brought it up in the feedback. I hope they decide to allow them because, really, it'd make a lot of my profile sort of pointless and the whole of it seem even bigger (I have a table of contents with anchors that make it easier to navigate as well as links to wishlist and offline tips, etc.)

OMG. So much better.

The HTML on the profile pages no longer looks like is was written by a drunk 14-year-old in 1997.

It is so much easier to do custom CSS now. Yes, you have to completely rewrite all your CSS selectors. But this is a good thing! I used to have to use crap like the :first-child pseudo-element whereas now there are specific classes and IDs on stuff. There are still a few oddities.. but I guess that's what the feedback form is for. :)

Overall I'm very pleased.

oh, and the other BIG thing: it no longer garbles your CSS every time you visit the custom CSS page! Before it would scramble URLs for background images and screw up certain types of selectors.. always had to save a copy of the CSS because the next time you went to edit it, it would be all messed up. Now it doesn't do that. YAY!

I'm hoping they've improved the selection of HTML tags that you're allowed to use. It always seemed pretty arbitrary (for example, allowing <strong> but not <em>) but it sounds like they might have actually gone backwards on this, if things like <br> no longer work. I'll have to look into that. (So far I've just been messing with CSS, to port my old style to the new page layout.)

I've thought about making a cheat sheet to map out some of the changes from old->new, but it's a daunting task. I had to change nearly every selector in my stylesheet.

My new beta profile isn't quite the same as my old one, but for the most part it wasn't too bad to port it over. There are some bugs with image galleries, but then there were plenty of bugs in the old one too. I'm glad the funky javascript-based animation is gone, and I really like the new way of displaying photos (and the way password-protected galleries no longer take you away from the profile page) but there's a weird problem where it doesn't hide galleries correctly. But at least it seems likely that if I file feedback during the beta period they might actually fix it.

Oh, and I'm excited about the improved photo management, too! The ability to easily rearrange photos in a gallery is great! I haven't looked at the uploading system, but it sounds like it will be a lot less painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.