AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model Questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2014
www.streamate.com
So I am brand spanking new to this site and after reading some topics I just realized this is GIRL cam forum lol. I just have a couple of questions and then I'll leave if need be.

I too have been modeling and have been doing it for over a year as a male model and had no clue what I was doing but through persistence I became good at it(link in my profile for proof). After about six months I noticed that a lot of promising models would disappear and after going through the grapevine I realized they quit. Normally, this wouldnt bother me but apparently these people were either given bad to no support from their "recruiter". So in a nut shell I started being an agent for my service, that I love btw, and try to hold Skype calls with other models to help them increase their earnings.

Basically, I am looking for a forum or group like this one since I am probably not allowed here, so I can help other models achieve their desired success but also swap trade secrets for me and my friends! Can anyone help me out?

This forum is open to both males and females. The only part of the forum that is restricted to female only is the models only section. I'm sure that as long as you're respectful to everyone here, you're more than welcome to stay.

Hey HealthyIncome,

I have to be honest, I'm confused by the terminology used in your post, specifically "recruiter", "agent", etc. I deeply appreciate the professionalism but sometimes intent can get lost in translation. Are we talking about studios? A lot of times these kinds of terms can have that kind of stigma associated with them, I figured I'd say something to clear the air a bit since it seems those are not your intentions. The username kinda throws it off too...

I just say these things because, as you know being in this industry for so long, there are a lot of vultures that come around promising free stuff with a ton of invisible strings. Key words like "recruiter", "agent" and "Skype" thrown together with no verification and read fast can come off as very scammy.

If you just want to help people out, feel free to share your insight in some posts on here, I'm sure we could all benefit from brainstorming and new ideas. I don't really see the need to keep that exclusive to one-on-one Skype counseling when we can all discuss and share innovative concepts that can help benefit a lot of people.

Just my :twocents-02cents: , welcome to the forum!

DeezNA said:
Hey HealthyIncome,

I have to be honest, I'm confused by the terminology used in your post, specifically "recruiter", "agent", etc. I deeply appreciate the professionalism but sometimes intent can get lost in translation. Are we talking about studios? A lot of times these kinds of terms can have that kind of stigma associated with them, I figured I'd say something to clear the air a bit since it seems those are not your intentions. The username kinda throws it off too...

I just say these things because, as you know being in this industry for so long, there are a lot of vultures that come around promising free stuff with a ton of invisible strings. Key words like "recruiter", "agent" and "Skype" thrown together with no verification and read fast can come off as very scammy.

If you just want to help people out, feel free to share your insight in some posts on here, I'm sure we could all benefit from brainstorming and new ideas. I don't really see the need to keep that exclusive to one-on-one Skype counseling when we can all discuss and share innovative concepts that can help benefit a lot of people.

Just my :twocents-02cents: , welcome to the forum!

I can absolutely understand where that might get lost in translation, thanks for helping me clarify it :). Here are my counter points, if you will:

1. I was referring to the company I use as a model myself, I put that bit in there when I said to check my website for verification. It leads to my Steamate account and I referring people to them so I can back up what I tell people. Hence the term "Agent/Recruiter".

2. My username is a poor attempt at what I hope to achieve with others for the very reason you stated- having a healthy income with no strings attached.

3. Using Skype transcends what typing can do for another human being. It allows one to show emotion and ambition, among other qualities like honesty. I never give personalized modeling tips to anyone who I don't know on a more personal level, thus the Skype reference. That being said, unless you request personal time I wont bring it up- usually I only mention it to models wanting to be referred by me. Also, I mentioned in my post that if I was granted access to this site that I would like to trade secrets here on the forums, i.e "brainstorm".

I hope people will see me as a open book, I was as honest as could be on my profile and I think that will be evident with more time. Btw, I really do appreciate your point of view and was only looking to clarify.

Thank you for your warm welcome, DeezNA

HealthyIncome said:
Also, I mentioned in my post that if I was granted access to this site that I would like to trade secrets here on the forums, i.e "brainstorm".

You might want to spend a little more time reading the forums here. There's all kinds of "brainstorming" going on already!

As you read these forums, you will also find an abundance of threads started by guys who are eager to help these poor models, who are so innocent in the ways of the world. It turns out the sisters are doin' it for themselves.

Breezing in like a snake oil salesman with this kind of first post doesn't look so awesome. Your SM profile shows zero member comments, and you don't show up on MCG, so what does that tell us about your one year of experience as a model?

I'm just going to put this out there. But your profile on streamate really doesn't look like it has been used for a week let alone over a year. You have no tags, you have no member comments. It looks like you have made it fairly recently.

I'm curious to know if you have been camming on a different site to get experience enough to coach other models? This forum is full of useful information to new cam models and experienced cam models :D It would be great to see you participating in conversations, and sharing your knowledge about camming from a male perspective. But offering to be a "recruiter" is a little shady :thumbleft:

Edit:: It looks like you made your account on streamate around the same time you posted your first post here (or at least the time you streamed last lines up to your first post here). If you had really streamate for any amount of time you'd have at least a tag or two. Most people get a couple their first few hours on cam.

This forum is FULL of information, even for streamate! It would be lovely to see you around, I'm sure we could all teach each other things on here without going to the shady void of skyping.

Sevrin said:
HealthyIncome said:
Also, I mentioned in my post that if I was granted access to this site that I would like to trade secrets here on the forums, i.e "brainstorm".

You might want to spend a little more time reading the forums here. There's all kinds of "brainstorming" going on already!

As you read these forums, you will also find an abundance of threads started by guys who are eager to help these poor models, who are so innocent in the ways of the world. It turns out the sisters are doin' it for themselves.

Breezing in like a snake oil salesman with this kind of first post doesn't look so awesome. Your SM profile shows zero member comments, and you don't show up on MCG, so what does that tell us about your one year of experience as a model?

To "Breeze in like a snake oil salesman", you have to be selling something. I simply stated that I enjoy helping others and if they WANTED my help I would give it with no strings attached. I even said that I hope to swap trade secrets here on the forum. So your accusations fall a little flat, and as far as my profile goes that indeed shows the last time you preformed so yes it has been over a week. I don't preform for the money, I just enjoy the interaction and sexual nature.

Look, I get that you cant trust anyone over the internet so this is all fair game, I just wish you would see what I contribute before you go all "Sista doin it themselves". I never asked anyone to PM me or get on Skype, they will have to ask me about that themselves. I just was asking some questions and sharing how I got here.

JessieWolfe said:
I'm just going to put this out there. But your profile on streamate really doesn't look like it has been used for a week let alone over a year. You have no tags, you have no member comments. It looks like you have made it fairly recently.

I'm curious to know if you have been camming on a different site to get experience enough to coach other models? This forum is full of useful information to new cam models and experienced cam models :D It would be great to see you participating in conversations, and sharing your knowledge about camming from a male perspective. But offering to be a "recruiter" is a little shady :thumbleft:

Edit:: It looks like you made your account on streamate around the same time you posted your first post here (or at least the time you streamed last lines up to your first post here). If you had really streamate for any amount of time you'd have at least a tag or two. Most people get a couple their first few hours on cam.

This forum is FULL of information, even for streamate! It would be lovely to see you around, I'm sure we could all teach each other things on here without going to the shady void of skyping.

I realize that may seem new but the profile only list the last time you preformed, I dont get on as often anymore because I dont do it for the money and I have other projects going on, not to mention the holidays. I know you dont know this but the profile picture is of me when I had long hair, my new pic which is my pic on this forum is me with really short hair so its been awhile for me lol. I have been on and off with my time on streamate pursuing other cam sites so my time was divided until about 3 months ago when I started helping others. Dont mistake me for a guru, just a people lover.

All reiterate this once more, I am not actively recruiting this forum. Like my very first post says thats what I do but models will have to come to me if they wanted that kind of one on one time.

So let me say again, just here for the forum and putting my two cents where I can. The story I shared about who I am and what I do was just to let people get to know me, I am glad I did.

Conversations like this are what forums are all about, but just give me some time here before you start screaming con artist or scammer, when I haven't ask anyone to do anything for me.

Sorry if that got lost in translation. I will try and be more concise with my wording next time.

HealthyIncome said:
I don't preform for the money, I just enjoy the interaction and sexual nature.
If this is indeed the case, I don't really feel like you'd be the best person for models to turn to for advice on how to be successful at camming. The money is part of the success, not just interaction and sensuality. That's the difference between people doing it as a living and as a hobby.

I know you claim you aren't selling anything, but I would argue you're selling the idea that you're trustworthy enough to jump into a Skype chat with. We don't know you yet, so it comes off as shady. We as cam girls get TONS of guys with a similar schpeel about how they can help us, to trust them, they can help raise our camscore, etc. If you really had been part of the industry for a year, you'd know that.

It's possible that you actually do mean well with this idea, and aren't one of the scammilicious boys trying to trick models into free Skype shows, but there are far too many bad apples on the tree to trust the one that fell off and rolled this direction.

Hey I can totally respect that.

I believe that if it is all about the money then we've lost something along the way. Money is nice but that comes with the job if you are enjoying yourself.

Btw, I think people are assuming that I or the other person get naked in the Skype chat and thats not what I meant. I meant multiple models chatting in real time where conversations can flow and ideas are sparked more rapidly. These are just for the people I work with and others who want in. Its a business meeting if you will.

I fully plan to participate here on the forum like everyone else.

HealthyIncome said:
I believe that if it is all about the money then we've lost something along the way. Money is nice but that comes with the job if you are enjoying yourself.

Nobody suggested it was all about the money. Most of the camgirls here love what they do. However, it is still a job and one that is used to pay bills/support families etc etc - being able to make money is crucial. So Amber was just pointing out that if you don't cam to make money then you probably are not going to be much help to most of the models here :twocents-02cents:

GracieHart said:
HealthyIncome said:

Nobody suggested it was all about the money. Most of the camgirls here love what they do. However, it is still a job and one that is used to pay bills/support families etc etc - being able to make money is crucial. So Amber was just pointing out that if you don't cam to make money then you probably are not going to be much help to most of the models here :twocents-02cents:

Right, I get what you are saying. For me its not about the money but because I approach it like a interest, the money follows. The models I cant really help are the ones looking to strike it rich like a get-rich-quick scheme.

Models are artist, if you will, and because of this some are "one-hit wonders". So basically, I hope to give advice to those of us wanting to do it for the long haul and enjoy the money that comes with it. :)

Thank you both for your insights!

You're posts are full of a bunch of contradictions :?
You have a healthy income with trade secrets to "share" if you were granted access to the forums (which you don't need to be granted access to, unless you were talking about the models only forums in which case there is a post in length about the reason why it is only for female models). BUT you don't work on the site you are signed up on, don't even know what a white label site is.... and the money doesn't interest you. Even thought your name clearly makes it out to believe that you earn a healthy income camming.

JessieWolfe said:
You're posts are full of a bunch of contradictions :?
You have a healthy income with trade secrets to "share" if you ware granted access to the forums (which you don't need to be granted access to, unless you were talking about the models only forums in which case there is a post in length about the reason why it is only for female models). BUT you don't work on the site you are signed up on, don't even know what a white label site is.... and the money doesn't interest you. Even thought your name clearly makes it out to believe that you earn a healthy income camming.

I am sorry, I dont know what you are implying at this stage exactly.

If you read my first post- you would understand why I said that about access.

Why dont I work on the site I signed up with, where are you getting this from?

Healthy Income means I like to do this for me and I feel good about it, while being a help to others. Why are you trying to make it look like I am asking people to friend me or come work with me. I haven't.

If you dont like what I have to say then thats fine but dont try and skew the facts. If you plan on responding, read the ENTIRE thing.

From your other replies to posts on this forum, it seems you're learning a lot from being here. This is a collaborative place full of advice from models whom have been successful for multiple years. I'd suggest if you'd like to help other models, send them a link to this forum to help get them on the right track. They don't need a recruiter or studio to help them out if they come and do some research and figure out what works for them. :)

Yes, This is an incredibly informative forum, FULL of advice for models who do it for fun, or who want to make it a full time job. Even for male models, and models with a pending model verification (if you refer females here).

I would definitely read through this thread first, seeing as you are a streamate model, there is a ton of useful information in there, and you can feel free to leave your own since it is an open thread that everyone can converse in :D
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=17239

AmberCutie said:
From your other replies to posts on this forum, it seems you're learning a lot from being here. This is a collaborative place full of advice from models whom have been successful for multiple years. I'd suggest if you'd like to help other models, send them a link to this forum to help get them on the right track. They don't need a recruiter or studio to help them out if they come and do some research and figure out what works for them. :)

I can agree with that, thanks for the advice. I just ask that people stop saying I am acting like a salesman. All this was brought on because I was introducing myself and not trying to ask for people to come join me in a chat somewhere send me naked photos.

I guess like it was stated earlier, there is a nasty stigma with the word "Recruiter". So I'll leave it at that and not mention it anymore. I just hope we can start accepting those people too, I got started with one and she's a good friend of mine to this day. I guess I am just a half-full kind of guy.

Sorry if I ruffled all those feathers, I will try and contribute in a more positive way. :)

Recruiters and studios have a bad stigma because, in most scenarios, they take a cut of the model's income without providing anything worthwhile. Studios more so than recruiters, but recruiters would likely still see some sort of financial incentive for getting a model signed up and staying on the site.

So yeah, you made a bit of a bad first impression by mentioning that. Also by seeming to want to help models by giving them advice when it doesn't seem abundantly clear that you know what you're doing in the first place, beyond having the very basics of being a cam model and enjoying the sexual nature of it. It's not hard to understand that people can be put off by someone trying to dole out advice when they could use some themselves.

Well, I am not going to keep this going any further.

I suppose at the end of the day its all about perception. I have been nothing but polite to the people in this thread and have NOT doled out any advice, asked for names, solicited any sexual favors, made myself appear higher than thou, or dismissed any others for not knowing something.

As a matter of fact I thanked quite a few people in here for their thoughts. So, take that as you will.

Have a coke and a smile, thanks.

I think part of what put people off is that you came here claiming to have advice

HealthyIncome said:
So in a nut shell I started being an agent for my service, that I love btw, and try to hold Skype calls with other models to help them increase their earnings.

..and not willing to say what that advice was at all and then demonstrating there were basics of camming that you didn't know that after being around the industry for a year you should have picked up on or even researched. That's where most people cocked an eyebrow and thought to themselves you may or may not have ulterior motives to making an account on here.

Next time you join a forum run by and for PEOPLE (thar be more than just wimmenz here) in a certain part of the sex industry, maybe stick to one of the introductory threads if it is indeed your intent to just join the forum, become a part of it and give/take advice. Don't immediately try to sell/market yourself (how this thread came off).

TittySprinkles said:
I think part of what put people off is that you came here claiming to have advice

HealthyIncome said:
So in a nut shell I started being an agent for my service, that I love btw, and try to hold Skype calls with other models to help them increase their earnings.

..and not willing to say what that advice was at all and then demonstrating there were basics of camming that you didn't know that after being around the industry for a year you should have picked up on or even researched. That's where most people cocked an eyebrow and thought to themselves you may or may not have ulterior motives to making an account on here.

Next time you join a forum run by and for PEOPLE (thar be more than just wimmenz here) in a certain part of the sex industry, maybe stick to one of the introductory threads if it is indeed your intent to just join the forum, become a part of it and give/take advice. Don't immediately try to sell/market yourself (how this thread came off).
Yes that's pretty much it.
HealthyIncome said:
Well, I am not going to keep this going any further.

I suppose at the end of the day its all about perception. I have been nothing but polite to the people in this thread and have NOT doled out any advice, asked for names, solicited any sexual favors, made myself appear higher than thou, or dismissed any others for not knowing something.

As a matter of fact I thanked quite a few people in here for their thoughts. So, take that as you will.

Have a coke and a smile, thanks.
The polite discourse was appreciated! That is why you were met with equal manners while we let you know what was up. :) Threads like this can get really ugly really fast when people aren't polite.

HealthyIncome said:
So I am brand spanking new to this site and after reading some topics I just realized this is GIRL cam forum lol. I just have a couple of questions and then I'll leave if need be.

I too have been modeling and have been doing it for over a year as a male model and had no clue what I was doing but through persistence I became good at it(link in my profile for proof). After about six months I noticed that a lot of promising models would disappear and after going through the grapevine I realized they quit. Normally, this wouldnt bother me but apparently these people were either given bad to no support from their "recruiter". So in a nut shell I started being an agent for my service, that I love btw, and try to hold Skype calls with other models to help them increase their earnings.

Basically, I am looking for a forum or group like this one since I am probably not allowed here, so I can help other models achieve their desired success but also swap trade secrets for me and my friends! Can anyone help me out?

Oh, ok now I am up. So lets review!

1. Did I ask anyone if they knew any models needing my help? Nope...

2. Did I state that I became a agent only 6 months ago? Yep, never said send your friends to this model whisperer. I even said I was looking to join a place like this to swap secrets, which if you realize is just referring to us chatting about it here so I can further my own knowledge. People need to stop being so jaded and realize that good intentions are are good unless proved otherwise. I've been here a DAY!

3.Did I ask if anyone could help me out and understand what I could do here? Yep...but they proceeded to tell me off like I was giving advice. Strange, don't you think?

4. Did I offer a link to my profile so people knew I have modeled too, so I dont come off like a random user? Yep...Why I even said that... but wait, your profile doesnt have any comments, gimme a break I was soo naive that I made a bunch of steamate profiles when I started out, so dont go there either.

5. Did my post mention that I unsure that I was in the right place? Yep! You know I realize someone is probably saying "Did you read the site?" Nope just read the TOS and got excited to join like minded folks and wanted to get in a conversation immediately, excuse me for being happy for finding this place.

6. Did I put links for referrals and say you could make a ton of cash with this bronze god at your side? Hell no, anyone who knows me will tell you I am a modest person. Stop, just stop trying to make me look like I was announcing myself to the camming world and that everyone should jump on the train.

7. Finally, this is my favorite by the way. People didnt like that I didnt specify what it is I do in the Skype chats I briefly mentioned. Really, like really, you say I was marketing but then wanted me to go in to detail how I do what I do, even tho I was just mentioning my history?

Now here is some ADVICE: Dont hammer the newbies because they said something out of context, assume they dont know and PM them to just to clarify. This thread should of been shut down so it didnt get out of hand, I know this because I own a couple blogging websites- thus why I dont need the money and why I don't model often.

Love you guys! :hello2:

You may not have done all of those things, but what you did here was swoop in, imply that you had a lot of experience and would be willing to do Skype "training". You also mentioned your referral link in your profile on the off-chance that someone would like to be click-through and be referred by you. We know what referral links are, sir. We all have them and we can see it a mile away when someone wants to make a quick buck by having someone get that referral bonus of a new model signing up under their link.

Maybe you're really genuine, but for someone who has been in the industry for as long as you claim to have been, you should understand why you're being met with this type of response. :twocents-02cents:

Edit for ponies:

Attachments

• mlp my little pony meme bronies pinkie shocked and disgusted.jpg
    mlp my little pony meme bronies pinkie shocked and disgusted.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 149

Attachments

• ppdrums.gif
    ppdrums.gif
    246.1 KB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.