AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Working on Cam Sites without giving out SS#?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PRISM

Banhammered
Feb 5, 2015
Is it possible for a person to sign up to a cam site and not have to give out their Social Security Number if they register as a studio and give the tax info of the studio and then register themselves as a model? Or even if a model is part of a studio, if they are located in the states they are still required to give out that information. I'

Reactions: Fay_Galore
That information would be provided to the studio, who would then provide all necessary info to the camsite. It's a necessary part of verification for any type of employment in the US.

You could also use an EIN.

But if the studio was taking a cut of the money, then wouldn't a cam site be reporting higher income of what the model makes to the IRS?

PRISM said:
But if the studio was taking a cut of the money, then wouldn't a cam site be reporting higher income of what the model makes to the IRS?

No. If a model was working for a studio the camsite would not be issuing the payment to the model. The studio would receive all the income, and then issue the model their cut. The studio, not the camsite, would then issue 1099's at the end of the year to the model.

Reactions: PRISM
PRISM said:

No. The camsite reports the studio's earnings to the IRS, while the studio is the one who reports the model's income and issues the 1099.

Edit because my autocorrect is weird.

BTW, as Ann mentioned she could use an EIN. Instead of joining a studio, the model could simply incorporate and sign up to the camsite using her business. She would not have to sign up as a studio to do so.

I think the model should simply wait about a week. I'm sure the studio will have it to her by then, or she could ask them about it rather than wait.

But what if its a non us based studio, like if I was using a seychelles company?

PRISM said:
But what if its a non us based studio, like if I was using a seychelles company?

There it is.

When you're devising a plan for a studio (so you can more efficiently access a cam model's private info), bear in mind that forums aren't the best place for tax-dodging advice.

You're one shady character, Prism.

Alexandra Cole said:
PRISM said:

There it is.

When you're devising a plan for a studio (so you can more efficiently access a cam model's private info), bear in mind that forums aren't the best place for tax-dodging advice.

1. I'm considering camming myself in a few months, where do you even come up with me getting a cam models private info if I'm the only cam model in the studio.
2. Its not tax dodging, it would be reducing tax liability which is legal to do. Facebook does it,Apple does it, Google does it etc. As I would be paying taxes on all the money I send to myself from seychelles company.

If not wanting to hand over so much money I earn to the government makes me a shady character then I'm glad to be a shady character.

PRISM said:
Alexandra Cole said:
PRISM said:

There it is.

1. I'm considering camming myself in a few months, where do you even come up with me getting a cam models private info if I'm the only cam model in the studio.
2. Its not tax dodging, it would be reducing tax liability which is legal to do. Facebook does it,Apple does it, Google does it etc. As I would be paying taxes on all the money I send to myself from seychelles company.

If not wanting to hand over so much money I earn to the government makes me a shady character then I'm glad to be a shady character.
It *is* tax-dodging, and those companies you mention, as well as others, are coming under increasing scrutiny for the practices you mention. Also, I think you might have to jump through a few hoops in order to get accepted as a studio by cam sites. You'll have to provide them with photos and names of models you employ.

Sevrin said:
You'll have to provide them with photos and names of models you employ.

I'm sure the poor trafficked Ukrainian girls chained up in his shed will be happy to provide that information.

I hope you DO become a camguy, Prism. I genuinely do. I think it will tremendously help you learn the ins and outs of the camming world. And I hope that you experience it in exactly the same way all the rest of us have. The good, the bad, the annoying, the downright frightening. I hope that you can go through a checklist of experiences so you can know firsthand why we've responded to each of your questions the way we have. This includes, but is not limited to, having a GREAT night on cam (more money than you can ever imagine) followed by such a slow period that you debate quitting. Having hundreds of people in your room to having crickets. Having real giftcards/paypal/gifts thrown your way followed by scammers (this is doubly annoying when you've wasted time on them [eg, Skyping or making videos/picsets]). Becoming friends with a regular only to have them turn crazy/mean/vindictive. Becoming friends with a regular and having them be actually decent people!!! Accidentally saying something on cam that narrows your general location, then having randoms write it down (literally) so they can pinpoint where you live. Having those same people who are interested in your location actually try to find you, making you fear for your own and your family's safety.

Meh, this was going to be a general post about the good and bad of camming, but I think it's starting to become an "I want PRISM to understand that we're not all just paranoid for no reason" post. So I'm just gonna stop now (cause I feel like this is a concept he won't understand. Even if he DID experience it, he'd probably be thrilled) before this gets longer/pointless. Disclaimer: I love camming. I love everything that comes with it. But it makes me furious when people imply that we're "sensitive and paranoid" without any valid reasons.

let me help you out here, wherever you are in the world, the model, or the studio on behalf of the model, must ALWAYS provide the model's identification, a scan of an ID card or passport, so no, there no way around that.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
After dozens of posts about getting real information from models and insisting models are just paranoid, and now thinking about becoming a model himself, is anyone else thinking this is his newest ploy to get in with female models?

"Oh hai gurl! I is a model too! We should totally meet up! I'm not a creepy member (anymore)!"

JimsX said:
After dozens of posts about getting real information from models and insisting models are just paranoid, and now thinking about becoming a model himself, is anyone else thinking this is his newest ploy to get in with female models?

"Oh hai gurl! I is a model too! We should totally meet up! I'm not a creepy member (anymore)!"

1.Why would I want to get with a cam model just because she is a cam model, when there are loads of hot women elsewhere to meet without any awkwardness and without being scammed.
2. I was not a creepy member.
3. I was not interested in getting a models real info.

Reactions: Sky_Smith
Status
Not open for further replies.