AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Asking for some advice as a male cam model

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2013
Hi again,
so I already introduced myself in another thread so I will come right to the point.
I got a couple of questions though :)

1. Im currently at streamate and searching for the right time to stream. Any hints on the usual customer base? Which time is the "prime time"? Im living in Germany

2. How should I treat the non-nude policy in guest chat? If i'll show just my face and chest it is hard to draw in people... way harder then letting them peek from time to time. But Im afraid that I get banned or something

3. How are you handling this work with your private life? I mean, it is interesting stuff and I got friends whose opinions would interest me. I told two persons and although they were amazed it was this distand kind of curiosity... like watching a fakir laying on a nailbed...
well doesnt matter :whistle:

4. Ive seen this countdown during livestream and I'll guess its something like a snapshot or a preview? But i couldnt find anything like that, browsing the streamate sites.

That's it for now, thanks for reading and I appreciate any help :)

Hey and welcome! :)

1) I know it's busier at night (for the US), but I've also had super busy mornings, so maybe play around with different time slots and see what works best for you? Keep in mind, Streamate has international traffic, so there's always somebody looking for a wank. ;)

2) SM is very strict about the no-nudity-below-the-belt rule, and while some people get away with it now and then, it's very likely it'll catch up with you, and you'll get banned. Definitely don't show peeks of your dude in free chat.

3) Some people tell their friends and family, some don't. It's really what you feel comfortable doing. They don't necessarily need to mix.

4) I think you're talking about the 3,2,1 thing when you're streaming? When it counts down, it's about to take a pic as a preview for your room. If you have a static photo as your preview, that countdown is irrelevant.

Good luck camming! :)

Reactions: LayedBack
4) I think you're talking about the 3,2,1 thing when you're streaming? When it counts down, it's about to take a pic as a preview for your room. If you have a static photo as your preview, that countdown is irrelevant.
And here i was thinking it would be a video preview... Every time this would come up I kinda get in "Spotlight-Mode" and throw my nicest smile into the cam :lol: .

To the No-nudity policy: I saw a lot of dudes wanking in guest chat... so I thought it wouldnt be that harsh. I did show some peeks but now I'll try to convince with my sensational conversation skills.

Thanks for the answer
I get that most models here are careful regarding guys wanna walk about that stuff.
But I am so damn happy to have found a reliable and fun (I found the "sleeper"-thread) source of information.
And i thought that the whole cam community can be kinda nice, tipping the hell on each other on chaturbate for example.

So let me add another question :)

5. As i am registered on chaturbate and streamate id like to hear opinions, which is better? And i'd rather mean the format (Gold/Token Show vs Pvt) than the actual platforms I am on.

For me it is easyer to get and stay horny in privates, cause i can concentrate on these 1-6 guys or so...
But sometimes (when i was drinking that is) I was having an awesome experience on chaturbate.

Reactions: CharlotteLace
Remember that drinking is not allowed on Chaturbate. :)

I think it really depends on you. I know some people say that Streamate can have a community vibe, but personally when I was there I didn't find one. I think I would prefer Chaturbate. Why not give them both a try? Do one one day, the other the next, or maybe even a short shift on each until you get some regulars.

I think you misunderstood me there. I came home from partying pretty drunk and decided it would be nice to have a show :dance: .
Didn't drink on cam, so is this still forbidden? Neither did i do or say anything bad.

I did a good couple of hours the last 2 days, on both platforms.

Streamate is fun as long as there is traffic and I had some nice pvt which me and the viewers enjoyed a lot :eek: .
But bearing with beggers can really be a pain in the ass. At first I was happy about guys talking a lot in guest chat, but I realized soon that most of them
are just trying to squeeze out a peek or something a like. I already got some viewers who are pretty much into me, seems like some of them spend
A LOT of time online because I was streaming at quite some different times. That makes me feel kinda good about the whole thing on the one hand, I was
kinda curious if there would be any demand for me :oops: . Most of the times I'll just do what comes to my mind and what feels good to me. I got
awesome response for that, so it seems a lot of guys aren't as interactive as me.
I still got a little man in the head saying "Dude, you are showing off in the fucking INTERNET", so I'll be happy about any reassuring speeches ;).

On chaturbate on the other hand it feels different. Sure I'll guess the structure of the viewers might be the same as on streamate but it feels more like
entertainment and less private. I get about 200 viewers minimum after half an hour. My record was about 550 , nothing compared to you girls
but theres still some way to go. I saw other male shows which were awesome and got about 1,5k viewers, so thats what I am aiming for.
Im kinda troubled about the way to set up a show here. Ive watched tons of streams from girls (to study the possibilities) and, not as much, but still too
much guy shows... Im not saying that I want to copy anyone, just getting inspirations. But it seems just setting up mini goals and then sitting there
playing sexy boy doesnt work out. When I set a small goal for getting naked its taking an eternity to fill the room and get tips for example. So I started
doing shows with titles like "Talk, Strip, Cum - Thats the name of the game; Tip if you enjoy". And it worked out really good, at least 50% of the time.
There were some viewers tipping me so fast I was going through my program as fast as I would masturbate offline :mrgreen: . My problem is that I have
to rely on the generosity of the few, uphold my "natural"-level and pleasure the silent big-spenders at the same time.

I guess thats just the daily business but I'd appreciate all the experience and tips you can offer

Have a nice day

In regards to what to show, if I am watching a male cam model, I would want to see him in a Speedo or a man thong. That's just my personal preference. That way you can show off a little without having to give a peek.
Have you watched other cam models to see what they're doing?

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.